How can nintendo expect to keep these sales up....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rhys555
Member since 2005 • 2156 Posts

When the wii has hardly any games worth a damn :lol:. seriously, the 3rd party support for wii is terrible, but instead of addressing this issue with great first party, Nintendo jsut seems to be idle to it. I just can't see this system maintaning its sales with only mario to sell it, it seem to be killing any game ported to it, or its 1st party flops instead, eg metroid 8.5 prime.

Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
Says the cow.
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts

A cow talking about no games and flops...

I have seen everything.

KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts

Ironhide is disappointed in you.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
1. This coming from a cow
2. Theres many games on the Wii -- problem is Bad ones outweigh the good ones, confusing casuals/non-gamers
3. Many Wii owners have a ton of titles, including myself (15).
Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rhys555

Yes, yes i asm a cow. And the thing is, sony still has many of is valued 'big games' to be released, unlike the 'ninty trinity of zelda, mario and metroid. 2 of 3 flopped aswell :lol:

however, im still comfortable in hyping metal gear, gran turismo, final fantasy and killzone :D

Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rhys555

1. This coming from a cow
2. Theres many games on the Wii -- problem is Bad ones outweigh the good ones, confusing casuals/non-gamers
3. Many Wii owners have a ton of titles, including myself (15).
Haziqonfire

VC games don't count 8)

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
They've been doing so for the last year. People have been claiming that the whole time, so why would it suddenly change?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Yes, yes i asm a cow. And the thing is, sony still has many of is valued 'big games' to be released, unlike the 'ninty trinity of zelda, mario and metroid. 2 of 3 flopped aswell :lol:

however, im still comfortable in hyping metal gear, gran turismo, final fantasy and killzone :D

Rhys555

Cows have no right to laugh at a flop after lair.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
They've been doing so for the last year. People have been claiming that the whole time, so why would it suddenly change?
Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rhys555
[QUOTE="Rhys555"]

Haziqonfire

Your comparing a near release, factor five dragon riding gamne to metroid prime, i highly valued and cherished BNintendo series which flopped below it AAA-AAAA hype to 8.5? :lol:

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

Rhys555

You seem to be under the impression that because a game flops in System Wars it is either a bad game or doesn't sell well.

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
Why do you believe that a game that "flopped" in systemwars gamespot forums spells doom for nintendo? It only spells doom for the sheep here.
monkeysrfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 monkeysrfat
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts
WTF is up with all these cows on damage control today? Bored much?
MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts

Dude, they sold over 13 million units off of only Zelda, Mario Party and Wii Sports.

The Wii is getting more 3rd-party support (which is everyone's main complaint), they now have Mario Galaxy, they'll easily get a Mario Party 9 and will probably get Wii Sports 2 in 2008. Not to mention Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The Wii is picking up steam in both sales and software thats gonna be released.

shadowcat2576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 shadowcat2576
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
First, I don't think Nintendo expects to keep the sales this high. I'm sure that they expect an eventual platue just like every other system ever released. In fact, I'm sure Nintendo is waiting patiently for the day demand drops to the point where they can meet it. Second, even if games don't get as high of a review here, doesn't mean people suddenly don't want them.
Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
Says an obvious cow.. To the topic at hand: Even before Galaxy released, Nintendo couldn't keep Wiis on the shelf.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE=MRsickVisionz]

Dude, they sold over 13 million units off of only Zelda, Mario Party and Wii Sports.

The Wii is getting more 3rd-party support (which is everyone's main complaint), they now have Mario Galaxy, they'll easily get a Mario Party 9 and will probably get Wii Sports 2 in 2008. Not to mention Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The Wii is picking up steam in both sales and software thats gonna be released.

I doubt there will be a Wii Sports 2, or Mario Party 9 yet, because Iwata said he don't have plans to release a Wii Sports 2 just yet,and Mario Party 9 will probably release at the end of the year Since Hudson Soft released a Mario Party every year since 1999But I think aDifferent Developer should take over the Mario Party Franchise.For other games next year there is Disaster Day of Crisis, No More Heroes, Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, King Story (If that is still what it is called), Opoona, Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk, Super Mario Stadium Baseball, Sadness (Questionable), We Love Golf!, Oboro Muramasa Youtouden, Fatal Frame IV These are just the Exclusives set for next year so far.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

The Wii is getting more 3rd-party support (which is everyone's main complaint), they now have Mario Galaxy, they'll easily get a Mario Party 9 and will probably get Wii Sports 2 in 2008. Not to mention Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The Wii is picking up steam in both sales and software thats gonna be released.MRsickVisionz

I doubt there will be a Wii Sports 2, or Mario Party 9 yet, because Iwata said he don't have plans to release a Wii Sports 2 just yet,and Mario Party 9 will probably release at the end of the year Since Hudson Soft released a Mario Party every year since 1999 But I think a Different Developer should take over the Mario Party Franchise. For other games next year there is Disaster Day of Crisis, No More Heroes, Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, King Story (If that is still what it is called), Opoona, Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk, Super Mario Stadium Baseball, Sadness (Questionable), We Love Golf!, Oboro Muramasa Youtouden, Fatal Frame IV

These are just the Exclusives set for next year so far and all but Two are Third Party one is from Monolith Soft who is owned by Nintendo, and the other is Third Party but since it is a Nintendo Franchise it is a First party Title and Mario Party but I didn't include that even though it will probably release next year.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sexy_chimp
Ugh, the amount of irony in cows making fun of flops is making me sick.
-Beowulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Beowulf
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts

People said the same exact thing 6 months ago.

I don't expect the Wii to lose any of its selling power any time soon

kman3002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kman3002
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts
Hello Over-Cell
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

WTF is up with all these cows on damage control today? Bored much?monkeysrfat

Ether bored or jealous.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Basically You're saying 'where is the 3rd party?'. And that's what we are all wondering about.
I don't even think nintendo knows how to make the sales go down :| did You hear that news of 1 mil in 1 week?
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Rhys555"]

Rhys555

Your comparing a near release, factor five dragon riding gamne to metroid prime, i highly valued and cherished BNintendo series which flopped below it AAA-AAAA hype to 8.5? :lol:

Comparing a 4.5 to an 8.5?

And I have someone very special for you to meet...

GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

Rhys555

Please stop cramming your head with fanboy garbage. NO ONE hyped it AAAA. Secondly, Metroid is an AMAZING game that outscored your precious Ratchet and Clank, outscored your Heavenly Sword, pretty much the rest of your exclusive line up. Also, Lair was hypped AA-AAA and got 4.0 LOL! gtho.

matt2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 matt2012
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
You cows always have something stupid to say. We'll see in a few years from now which console ends up on top.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

Rhys555

:|.......???? MP3=8.5 lair=4.5...not to mention gs was one of the only sites to flop mp3, while lair flopped everywere:P. tell me your logic
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Well the thing has been completely selling out for over an entire year. So theoretically keeping this up is probably and in most likely cases impossible.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
The Wii has 4 AAAs. Reason enough to own one.
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

you say zelda and metroid flopped...but check gamerankings :P

they will keep selling out for a good while yet nintendo have got themselves a nice little console there

notalkjustrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 notalkjustrock
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

Nintendo has poor third party support because third party developers weren't willing to take significant risks developing their best titles on the Wii given the failure of the Gamecube. Now that the Wii has a significant user base, the 3rd party developers will follow.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sexy_chimp

you say zelda and metroid flopped...but check gamerankings :P

they will keep selling out for a good while yet nintendo have got themselves a nice little console there

beerm_basic

*Cows realize there are no AAAE's on Gamespot*

Cows: We use Gamerankings now

*Cows then realize that they have no AAAE's on Gamerankings and even less AAE's there*

Cows: Er...IGN?

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

Yes, yes i asm a cow. And the thing is, sony still has many of is valued 'big games' to be released, unlike the 'ninty trinity of zelda, mario and metroid. 2 of 3 flopped aswell :lol:Rhys555

You know what's worth :lol:'ing about? The fact that you think System Wars criteria for "flops" actually coincides with reality.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

mario is not the reason wii is selling

seriously if you think the wii's first party games are selling it just go home

you dont know what you're talking about

gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
LOL TC. Way to make a thread to show your intelligence.
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Oh yea, I never play my Wii more than 30 hours a week.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

Does everyone around the earth go to Gamespot for Reviews? No.

The Nintendo Trinity of Metroid, Mario, and Zelda are all AAA on Wii according to Gamerankings. Thats better than the 0 AAA exclusives that the PS3 has. :)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KungfuKitten

Nintendo has poor third party support because third party developers weren't willing to take significant risks developing their best titles on the Wii given the failure of the Gamecube. Now that the Wii has a significant user base, the 3rd party developers will follow.

notalkjustrock

Ow will they?
Big userbase, low dev costs, wide audience, new possible directions with little pressure on the visuals alone....
The thing should be showering in games, but it isn't.
Is it because of the PS2?
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="notalkjustrock"]

KungfuKitten

Ow will they?
Big userbase, low dev costs, wide audience, new possible directions with little pressure on the visuals alone....

How long does it take to develop a game? Two years? Three?

How long ago did the Wii release?

I'm sure you can do the math.

notalkjustrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 notalkjustrock
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts
[QUOTE="notalkjustrock"]

KungfuKitten

Ow will they?

The Wii wasn't a clear hit until recently. It takes a year to make a quality game from the ground up. Most 3rd party devs expected the Wii to fail, so they went with the safer options.
hazuki87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#42 hazuki87
Member since 2004 • 2031 Posts
Its funny how cows still make this argument and the Wii keeps selling and getting mroe good games while their system goes nowhere.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KungfuKitten
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="notalkjustrock"]

mjarantilla

Ow will they?

I'm no good at math, and also impatient.
It's great they will get here eventually but in the meantime a lot of time passes by that could have been stuffed with games for us and experience or them.
They really blew it!
out0v0rder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 out0v0rder
Member since 2006 • 1994 Posts
[QUOTE="notalkjustrock"]

KungfuKitten

Ow will they?

the wii has been out....what 369 days ?
darkslider99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darkslider99
Member since 2004 • 11374 Posts
We should make a rule. Any cow who bashes a system due to lack of games, and flops, is instantly self-owned. No questions asked.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="notalkjustrock"]

KungfuKitten

Ow will they?

I'm no good at math, and also impatient.
It's great they will get here eventually but in the meantime a lot of time passes by that could have been stuffed with games for us and experience or them.
They really blew it!

You must have been going out of your mind waiting for the 360 to get its great games during its first year, then.

Homesrfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Homesrfan
Member since 2006 • 5192 Posts

People that say this are just owning themselves. Supply hasn't even met demand yet and Wii sold 350,000 while the DS sold 650,000 units last week.

Imagine how much more demand there will be after SSBB and Mario Kart.

Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
Well the PS3 doesnt have sales OR games... so....
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Well... goodness...

1.)Metroid only "flopped" on GS. Let me say, that 8.5 is still a fantastic score. Everywhere else it scored quite well.
2.)Zelda TP wasa Gamecube port, on GS's new ranking system it would've scored 9, and it was a critical success everywhere else.

The Wii does not need to rely on simply the trinity of Nintendo greatness (Metroid, Mario, Zelda). There are also third party devs signing up constantly.

Not to mention that Nintendo's first party lineup is pretty deep (Donkey Kong, Starfox, F-Zero, MarioKart etc.) of course too, there are casual games.

There are also new ip's such as Disaster Day of Crisis (Ninty) and third party ip's as well- No More Heroes. Also third parties are dedicating more time and improvements to their games so doesn't end up being crap. Ubisoft's pledge on Red Steel 2 (the first game wasn't even that bad and improved version will fantastic) as well as Sega's apparent dedication.

As well as a better dedication to online multiplayer- Medal of Honor Heroes 2 : 32 player online.

And of course, one of the best system sellers ever. Smash Bros. is coming.

There are also rumours flying of a Metal Gear Wii, and a Kid Icarus Wii.

The Wii is packing a punch for the hardcores. It's only the beginning.