How can anyone still defend the Wii?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gamefan274
Member since 2007 • 1863 Posts
Yes, its a great day for Wii owners with 2 AA games in the week BUT how impressive is that. If the Wii wants to compete the games it has as exclusives should still be compared to games that are only on the HD consoles (like RE5 and Street Fighter 4). It also needs to be competing with some dang fine exclusives dealt out by Sony and Microsoft. Just in the first 5 months the PS3 gets KZ2, RE5, MLB 09, inFamous (5 days to go so DO NOT FLAME. it counts since plenty of people have it.), SF4, DLC titles like Flower and Red Faction, and a few more I can't name off the top on my head. The 360 has just as many but I can't name them off the top of my head. The Wii has a list of 15 or so games already out but most scored or will score low. So Sheep, I have 2 questions for you. 1.) Do you own an HD console? You really can't claim dominance without knowing the "enemy". 2.) Out of all the Wii exclusives coming this year how many will you actually buy? I'm not buying any I don't think. Yes I own a Wii.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

Original thread is original.

Seriously, the Wii is a good console, with what looks like a reasonably solid (though lackluster) library. If somebody doesn't like it, cool, doesn't mean we need to criticize people who do.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts
The Wii has been a very very very good console thru it's life, and it's a lot more worth defending than the other consoles. It also helps it's the first console I have owned where my friends and family WANT to play with me and play regularly. It is the most used console I have ever owned.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

I have this thing called "fun" with it. :o

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
When you are a fan of games it is pretty easy.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Because I'm a fan of all kinds of games.

gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamefan274

Seriously, the Wii is a good console, with what looks like a reasonably solid (though lackluster) library. If somebody doesn't like it, cool, doesn't mean we need to criticize people who do.

-Traveller-
You have a point but this thread isn't targeting the average Wii gamer but the Sheep who suddenly feel like their library this year has put them in a superior position to Sony and Microsoft. I have a Wii but I only have owned 5 games I like for the console, which is sad because my 360 (only had it for 6 months) has surpassed this and my PS3 library has tripled that number. Its great if you love the games coming this year to the Wii but Sheep can't go parading in the streets over the occasional AA game its ignorant and hipocratical.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I have a Wii and a 360. I love both of them, but honestly, I'm more interested in the Wii now. I just think that the games on the Wii are more original and fun. I have a lot of games that I want to get from this year, and a lot of games that I want to get that haven't come out yet. Same with the 360 (and with 360/PS3 multi-plats, even more games that I want than with the Wii), but I'm more interested in the games for Wii than the games for the 360.
Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ek-Andy
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

-Traveller-

That's a bit of a contradiction.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I'm a gamer who likes to play games. Yay!
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

gamefan274

You have a point but this thread isn't targeting the average Wii gamer but the Sheep who suddenly feel like their library this year has put them in a superior position to Sony and Microsoft. I have a Wii but I only have owned 5 games I like for the console, which is sad because my 360 (only had it for 6 months) has surpassed this and my PS3 library has tripled that number. Its great if you love the games coming this year to the Wii but Sheep can't go parading in the streets over the occasional AA game its ignorant and hipocratical.

In which case, I know the sheep you are talking about. However, any fanboy can be excessive and annoying. There are very few Sheep who claim superiority on this board.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
not to mention its nothing ocassional. This year 2009 we got pleenty of A or AA titles according to this site.Pro evo soccer 2k9 , Excitebots, HOTD OK came this year, and scored well.Outside GS, the list of A titles is bigger, with tenchu and madworld following suit of quality. This is only this year so far.Im skipping the 2 most recent gs AA games from yesterday just to make the point clear. I had a ps3.Games are games, HD doesnt makes them better. Im a gamer in search of fun and new experiences.Im not claiming wii is superior ,i just claim is competitive and its closing the previous gap in quality titles really fast.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
1) I own all three systems 2) More than I plan to buy for the other 2. Exclusive wise I have yet to buy any games this year. I will end up buying Bloom blox this weekend. FF:CC when it comes out and King's Story. There are a few others that look good but I am a cheap gamer and I am waiting on price drops. But there are more on the Wii I want than the other two. Maybe the new VS game also if Capcom adds online. I might buy the Halo game for the 360 and White Knight for the PS3. Pased that I really can't think of any exclusives I want. I may just be forgetting some right now though I am at work.
gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamefan274
-Traveller- (I'd quote you with such a deep argument we're having but I'm typing on my PS3 so there's not enough room) There are about 4-5 threads on this page saying the Wii is owning the PS3 and 360 in 09 with exclusives. Its not as big as the PS3 and 360 fanboy threads but they are a lot more annoying. You gotta admit that that Gamespot says Wii is winning 09 is pretty fanboyish and pretty inconsistent. While the quality of games will always be opinion the fact is there is more and better quality hardcore games on the PS3 and 360. Most Wii games mentioned are either in the middle of casual and hardcore or barely hardcore. (Hell SSBB is probably more casual than hardcore, but it is a great game.)
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#17 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts
It's overall library is critically dismal in comparison to the other systems, but it's exclusive library overall still outshines at least one of the consoles (PS3). So, that alone says a lot.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

Ek-Andy

Not really. The library is reasonably solid in terms of some great 1st party games, and a few 3rd party games. On a whole, however it is fairly lackluster, as it is lacking a good number of them.

gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamefan274
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]1) I own all three systems 2) More than I plan to buy for the other 2. Exclusive wise I have yet to buy any games this year. I will end up buying Bloom blox this weekend. FF:CC when it comes out and King's Story. There are a few others that look good but I am a cheap gamer and I am waiting on price drops. But there are more on the Wii I want than the other two. Maybe the new VS game also if Capcom adds online. I might buy the Halo game for the 360 and White Knight for the PS3. Pased that I really can't think of any exclusives I want. I may just be forgetting some right now though I am at work.

Thanks for partisipating in my "suvey". I'm just curious to know what people feel about the Wii that wish to back it. Its good to know that there are people that like the wii for the wii and not because its the only console they own.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Traveller-

-Traveller- (I'd quote you with such a deep argument we're having but I'm typing on my PS3 so there's not enough room) There are about 4-5 threads on this page saying the Wii is owning the PS3 and 360 in 09 with exclusives. Its not as big as the PS3 and 360 fanboy threads but they are a lot more annoying. You gotta admit that that Gamespot says Wii is winning 09 is pretty fanboyish and pretty inconsistent. While the quality of games will always be opinion the fact is there is more and better quality hardcore games on the PS3 and 360. Most Wii games mentioned are either in the middle of casual and hardcore or barely hardcore. (Hell SSBB is probably more casual than hardcore, but it is a great game.)gamefan274

That's cool. I don't use my PS3 for internet browsing, so I dont have any experience with it :P

I don't really find the Wii fanboy threads as annoying as PS3/360 ones (but that's just me), however I can see why people would (thankfully TheNextOrder is gone :evil: ). The console could be winning 2009 currently, remember PS3 came off an awful 07, into a good 08, and into what looks like a fantastic 09/10. The Wii looks like it's turning around, but not by catering to who the 360/PS3 do. They're designed for different markets, so not everybody is going to necessarily "agree" with who is winning. Fanboys posting topics on who is "winning" is very annoying, I agree.

Like I said, Wii games cater to a seperate crowd, which more than likely sees the Wii as winning. Is it in reality? Not sure, I personally don't think so.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]1) I own all three systems 2) More than I plan to buy for the other 2. Exclusive wise I have yet to buy any games this year. I will end up buying Bloom blox this weekend. FF:CC when it comes out and King's Story. There are a few others that look good but I am a cheap gamer and I am waiting on price drops. But there are more on the Wii I want than the other two. Maybe the new VS game also if Capcom adds online. I might buy the Halo game for the 360 and White Knight for the PS3. Pased that I really can't think of any exclusives I want. I may just be forgetting some right now though I am at work.gamefan274
Thanks for partisipating in my "suvey". I'm just curious to know what people feel about the Wii that wish to back it. Its good to know that there are people that like the wii for the wii and not because its the only console they own.

I don't think many of the Wii posters on her only have the Wii. Most of them have at least another system.
Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ek-Andy
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

[QUOTE="Ek-Andy"]

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

-Traveller-

Not really. The library is reasonably solid in terms of some great 1st party games, and a few 3rd party games. On a whole, however it is fairly lackluster, as it is lacking a good number of them.

Nah, that would be contradictory. You can't have something being both solid and lackluster at the same time. That wouldn't make sense. You would have to be more specfic for it not to be a contradiction. For example you could have said the console has some fairly solid titles, but overall the selection is fairly lackluster.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Traveller-

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

[QUOTE="Ek-Andy"]

Ek-Andy

Nah, that would be contradictory. You can't have something being both solid and lackluster at the same time. That wouldn't make sense. You would have to be more specfic for it not to be a contradiction. For example you could have said the console has some fairly solid titles, but overall the selection is fairly lackluster.

I stated it was reasonably solid. Not absolutely. It depends on your point of view, on whether it is contradictory or not. The fact is, the library is reasonably solid in terms of some very good games, it is just lackluster in the amount of them.

Anyways, i'm not really too fussed on debating the point.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Because they like it...?

gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamefan274
-Traveller- (no room to quote) I think we can agree there. I usually don't make topics praising a system as god (or game) and it annoys me when people do (Crysis is a prime example). Nintendo removed themselves from the hardcore market knowingly with the Wii and I don't see it coming back. It may, but it doesn't have as many established devs to really bring it there. If Metroid, Mario, and Zelda all have AAA titles for 2010 it may spark interest but Sheep waiting for a plethora of hardcore games will likely need to keep dreaming or get an HD console. Nintendo hasn't shown much interest in making high quality AAA games for the hardcore. I'm not saying anyone should sell their Wii but rather see what the PS3 and 360 offer. Halo (haven't played it) and Uncharted are some amazing games and those who only own a Wii then they MAY (opinion) be missing out. If you like what the wii offers then great but its biased to be making threads about it. Noone cares what your favorite console is so don't make threads about it.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Because people like it. It a great system that still has a lot of good games, despite kinda lacking compare to PS3/360.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
1.) Do you own an HD console?gamefan274
Yes and I still enjoy playing my Wii. OMG teh opinions! :o
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts
[QUOTE="gamefan274"]Yes, its a great day for Wii owners with 2 AA games in the week BUT how impressive is that. If the Wii wants to compete the games it has as exclusives should still be compared to games that are only on the HD consoles (like RE5 and Street Fighter 4). It also needs to be competing with some dang fine exclusives dealt out by Sony and Microsoft. Just in the first 5 months the PS3 gets KZ2, RE5, MLB 09, inFamous (5 days to go so DO NOT FLAME. it counts since plenty of people have it.), SF4, DLC titles like Flower and Red Faction, and a few more I can't name off the top on my head. The 360 has just as many but I can't name them off the top of my head. The Wii has a list of 15 or so games already out but most scored or will score low. So Sheep, I have 2 questions for you. 1.) Do you own an HD console? You really can't claim dominance without knowing the "enemy". 2.) Out of all the Wii exclusives coming this year how many will you actually buy? I'm not buying any I don't think. Yes I own a Wii.

I do own an HD console, and I plan to by 6 or 7 Wii games this year... that is plan to buy... I'll likely end up buying more then intended.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
[QUOTE="AlexSays"] Yes and I still enjoy playing my Wii.

OMG! That's impossible. You're like... so lying. :P
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

How can I defend it? Well, someone has too? It gets ridiculous amounts of unjustified hate by fanboys and someone has to preach the truth, The Wii is a GOOD system.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
OMG! That's impossible. You're like... so lying. :PStevo_the_gamer
I just looked at the bottom of my post and saw the four PS3 games and thought "Crap. Nobody's going to believe me" lol
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

I pose this question.

How can anyone still attack the Wii?

First it wouldn't sell... woops.

Then it had no games... woops.

Then it wouldn't get third party support... woops.

It's time for fanboys to layoff the wii... it's getting way to much wrongly placed hate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

-Traveller- (I'd quote you with such a deep argument we're having but I'm typing on my PS3 so there's not enough room) There are about 4-5 threads on this page saying the Wii is owning the PS3 and 360 in 09 with exclusives. Its not as big as the PS3 and 360 fanboy threads but they are a lot more annoying. You gotta admit that that Gamespot says Wii is winning 09 is pretty fanboyish and pretty inconsistent. While the quality of games will always be opinion the fact is there is more and better quality hardcore games on the PS3 and 360. Most Wii games mentioned are either in the middle of casual and hardcore or barely hardcore. (Hell SSBB is probably more casual than hardcore, but it is a great game.)gamefan274

What does any of this matter if the game is considered good quality. We put our faith in GS reviews for comparisons here (so I've read many times). One can enjoy "casual" and "hardcore" and everything in between. To me, a good game is a good game.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I guess they see the wii's library and think it's actually decent (or pretend it is for the sake of system wars).

Personally, I consider it to be the worst game library since the US library of the Sega Saturn, a losing console (The Japanese library was actually fairly good).

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="gamefan274"]-Traveller- (I'd quote you with such a deep argument we're having but I'm typing on my PS3 so there's not enough room) There are about 4-5 threads on this page saying the Wii is owning the PS3 and 360 in 09 with exclusives. Its not as big as the PS3 and 360 fanboy threads but they are a lot more annoying. You gotta admit that that Gamespot says Wii is winning 09 is pretty fanboyish and pretty inconsistent. While the quality of games will always be opinion the fact is there is more and better quality hardcore games on the PS3 and 360. Most Wii games mentioned are either in the middle of casual and hardcore or barely hardcore. (Hell SSBB is probably more casual than hardcore, but it is a great game.)jimkabrhel

What does any of this matter if the game is considered good quality. We put our faith in GS reviews for comparisons here (so I've read many times). One can enjoy "casual" and "hardcore" and everything in between. To me, a good game is a good game.

So a 9.0 puzzle game is just as valuable as a 9.0 expansive, well written JRPG?

I think not.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
How can anyone still attack the Wii?GundamGuy0
There's plenty of faults the Wii has that some can point out. The Wii is not a perfect console.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
I think the fact its made by and has Nintendo in the name and its best exclusives are by Nintendo is enough of an argument. The Wii is introdcuing a new generation of gamers to our world and preparing them for the real deal, while being able to at least satisfy the hardcore.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

So a 9.0 puzzle game is just as valuable as a 9.0 expansive, well written JRPG?

I think not.

Yes, it is. One example: Tetris. It had a far larger impact and ispiration on other games than Chrono Trigger. Both are great games, and its quite odd to compare the two, but a great game is a great game. All you are doing is arguing which genre is better.
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
Actually I already know of I'm definitely getting
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Maybe the people that have fun with it?
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Pfft..defend.
I enjoy my Wii..Bashers can bash all they want,it won't stop me from enjoying my console.

alia999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 alia999
Member since 2005 • 1353 Posts

How can anyone still defend the Wii?gamefan274

Oh I dont know Mr.Genius, maybe they LIKE it and speak good things about it to others, I think thats what people mean when they defend the Wii.

Or maybe they played Super Mario Galaxy, same difference.

Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

I pose this question.

How can anyone still attack the Wii?

First it wouldn't sell... woops.

Then it had no games... woops.

Then it wouldn't get third party support... woops.

It's time for fanboys to layoff the wii... it's getting way to much wrongly placed hate.

GundamGuy0

Nice post, man!

And to TC, they defend it because they... oh I don't know... LIKE IT, perhaps?

Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

My 360 is gathering dust. If you don't enjoy your Wii, that's maybe because you don't try games for it. I was so close to selling the system a little more than half a year ago. That's when by lucky chance I got to play World of Goo and De Blob. Since then, I started playing games even if they didn't immediatly appeal to my "Epic realistic-ish battles with cutscenes inbetween"-toned mind. Since then, the Wii has been picking up pace so tremendously, it's great. Complaining about the consoles in 07/early 08 was justified. Now it's just oblivious.

Playing Wii - Why I have come to love the console.

Also, living in Europe, I already get to play Little King's Story and Dawn of Discovery.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

1.) Do you own an HD console? You really can't claim dominance without knowing the "enemy". 2.) Out of all the Wii exclusives coming this year how many will you actually buy? I'm not buying any I don't think. Yes I own a Wii.gamefan274

1. Have 360/Wii

2. Nah don't see any Exclusives that I really want for the Wii.
Same goes for the 360 no exclusives either.

Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

Oh, and I have acquired about 10 Wii games this year.

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

Yes, its a great day for Wii owners with 2 AA games in the week BUT how impressive is that. If the Wii wants to compete the games it has as exclusives should still be compared to games that are only on the HD consoles (like RE5 and Street Fighter 4). It also needs to be competing with some dang fine exclusives dealt out by Sony and Microsoft. Just in the first 5 months the PS3 gets KZ2, RE5, MLB 09, inFamous (5 days to go so DO NOT FLAME. it counts since plenty of people have it.), SF4, DLC titles like Flower and Red Faction, and a few more I can't name off the top on my head. The 360 has just as many but I can't name them off the top of my head. The Wii has a list of 15 or so games already out but most scored or will score low. So Sheep, I have 2 questions for you. 1.) Do you own an HD console? You really can't claim dominance without knowing the "enemy". 2.) Out of all the Wii exclusives coming this year how many will you actually buy? I'm not buying any I don't think. Yes I own a Wii.gamefan274

oi, let me try :D

"madworld,LKS,Punch-out!!,Excitebots are excelent titles that came out this year. DONT FLAME, the titels count even if they arent based on GS score but on metacritics,topten reviews and gamerankings. Punchout is also higer rated then Infamous and RE5, MLB09 isnt exclusive. KZ2 is the only thing you have thats higer rated then punchout. so thats why the wii rocks. becouse it dose."

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
People can defend the Wii because it has a lot of amazing exclusives. Also, it actually attempts something new while the other consoles are giving us the same games we've been playing since 1995, but with better graphics.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

People can defend the Wii because it has a lot of amazing exclusives. Also, it actually attempts something new while the other consoles are giving us the same games we've been playing since 1995, but with better graphics.Rocky32189

And the Wii is giving us the same games we've been playing for years,but with gimmicky controls.

Generalizations are fun.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]People can defend the Wii because it has a lot of amazing exclusives. Also, it actually attempts something new while the other consoles are giving us the same games we've been playing since 1995, but with better graphics.VGobbsesser

And the Wii is giving us the same games we've been playing for years,but with gimmicky controls.

Generalizations are fun.

I would rather have a sequel to a game I know and love, than a new IP which I know nothing about.