Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#101 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

@KBFloYd: ''switch install base is 15Million. wiiU install base is 13Million

for a combined 28Million

Ps4 is at 70Million. and zelda still outsold it. excuse me if i pass on the crow.''

True. On the other hand, we are comparing a new IP with some of the most popular series in videogame history (Mario and Zelda). And don't forget that at this point PS4 owners have over 1500 other options available.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

@PAL360 said:

for a combined 28Million

Ps4 is at 70Million. and zelda still outsold it. excuse me if i pass on the crow.''

True. On the other hand, we are comparing a new IP with some of the most popular series in videogame history (Mario and Zelda). And don't forget that at this point PS4 owners have over 1500 other options available.

Who gives a damn man? Both games sold really well as single player exclusives while PC fanboys wish they could play them and Xbox fanboys are jealous that they don't have anything as good. I own both games and I am glad that I supported both platforms so that gaming can continue to deliver great experiences instead shallow mindless multiplayer that other games offer.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@luxuryheart said:
@techhog89 said:

Huh. So it did end up outselling BotW in the end, at least for 2017. Well done. I'll take my crow and eat it gracefully.

Zelda isn't even Nintendo's best selling IP, so I would not have even pinned them against each other.

zelda has sold 7.78 as of dec 31st. thats more than horizon. but its switch and wiiU combined.

horizon sales are from yesterday. which is two more months of sales. still impressive but did not sell more than zelda overall.

also, it's wierd since horizon dissapeared off the charts fairly quickly in the states and japan. zelda is still in the charts. Must of been big in europe.

Well HZD is on only one platform and as far as single platform sales go it beat Zelda.

XD Time to eat crow my little Sheep.

switch install base is 15Million. wiiU install base is 13Million

for a combined 28Million

Ps4 is at 70Million. and zelda still outsold it. excuse me if i pass on the crow.

What else are Switch owners gonna buy? You would have a hard time finding one that owns anything besides Mario and Zelda on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@blufalconultra said:
@BigBadBully said:

@MBirdy88: yeah looking at twitch it seems like MS games have better engagement with keeping games alive longer with content and multiplayer/co-op modes. Horizon Zero Dawn would have been dope if they had co-op/multiplayer something to keep the community active with. People bag on MS but just seeing all the MS published games still active years after launch is nice.

Will be interesting to see if Sony will look at this and see how they can look at keeping the games alive longer over just one n done singleplayer. Just seems like Sony is afraid of PSN and PS+ getting gimped in 2019.

My god you don't know what the hell you are talking about lol. Uncharted 4 is mega popular online as is TLoU and Bloodborne is played religiously through co op. GT Sport is also growing daily with MLB The Show having a consistent online community. See this is why people should not speak on things they have no knowledge of kids. I am active in all of those communities so I know better. HZD did not need co op of MP and new people are playing it everyday. HZD has outsold both Halo 5 and Gears of War 4. So I'd say Sony did something right with it. MS only have two games, but you are on their jimmy for what exactly?

@MBardy88: ) No normal gameplay up to date that isn't part of a scripted mission (E.G what elements keep the game engaging?) ... batman had many villians with lots of puzzles and extras. Spiderman universe? swing between repetitive buildings over and over... something is missing.

Did you even look at the E3 2016 video of Spiderman? Serious question. If you did you would have noticed that the fighting was not scripted, but since you choose to be stupid they were focused on a mission because it was a gameplay reveal. They have plenty of time to show free roam and none mission footage. Wow a studio showing off a game is showing a more exciting part of the game instead of mindless free roaming. What a surprise. They also showed him as Peter Parker and mentioned that he will do investigative work so there is more than swinging between buildings but that is a gameplay mechanic of the game and how Spiderman gets around. You really are dense lol. An open world game would obviously have more to do. Matter of fact don't even reply. Keep being an internet troll who wastes his time hating on games that will be great.

1) Source or shut up. (UC4 population) .. "Mega popular" ... no "Mega popular" is 1 Million+ concurrent users... I WOULD WILLINGLY BET ... UC4 is between 10-20k ... less than stuff like battlefield. I'l eat crow if I'm wrong, but no numbers have been bragged as far as a quick google goes.

You finding a match does not mean "mega popular".

2) Bloodborne is a purchased exclusive re-sking of a multiplat franchise .... and again, you can't prove its population, because the numbers are clearly not bragged about.

3) E3 trrailer watched... and I stand by everything I have said.

In esscence a long winded way of making claims you cant back.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:

zelda has sold 7.78 as of dec 31st. thats more than horizon. but its switch and wiiU combined.

horizon sales are from yesterday. which is two more months of sales. still impressive but did not sell more than zelda overall.

also, it's wierd since horizon dissapeared off the charts fairly quickly in the states and japan. zelda is still in the charts. Must of been big in europe.

Well HZD is on only one platform and as far as single platform sales go it beat Zelda.

for a combined 28Million

Ps4 is at 70Million. and zelda still outsold it. excuse me if i pass on the crow.

What else are Switch owners gonna buy? You would have a hard time finding one that owns anything besides Mario and Zelda on it.

The attach rate is 3.5 as of December 31st, and that doesn't include eShop-only titles.

That joke is really getting old and it's time to drop it.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@blufalconultra: games look dead to me, never really hear about content updates. GT Sport was down around #300, more people interested im Sea of thieves videos which was higher. Sony just doesnt do enough to keep people engaged besides companies turning servers off and people getting one last hoorah in. The show is decent and will spike for baseball but then die off.

Guess i have to scroll down past #300 for those other sony games.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@blufalconultra said:
@BigBadBully said:

@MBirdy88: yeah looking at twitch it seems like MS games have better engagement with keeping games alive longer with content and multiplayer/co-op modes. Horizon Zero Dawn would have been dope if they had co-op/multiplayer something to keep the community active with. People bag on MS but just seeing all the MS published games still active years after launch is nice.

Will be interesting to see if Sony will look at this and see how they can look at keeping the games alive longer over just one n done singleplayer. Just seems like Sony is afraid of PSN and PS+ getting gimped in 2019.

My god you don't know what the hell you are talking about lol. Uncharted 4 is mega popular online as is TLoU and Bloodborne is played religiously through co op. GT Sport is also growing daily with MLB The Show having a consistent online community. See this is why people should not speak on things they have no knowledge of kids. I am active in all of those communities so I know better. HZD did not need co op of MP and new people are playing it everyday. HZD has outsold both Halo 5 and Gears of War 4. So I'd say Sony did something right with it. MS only have two games, but you are on their jimmy for what exactly?

@MBardy88: ) No normal gameplay up to date that isn't part of a scripted mission (E.G what elements keep the game engaging?) ... batman had many villians with lots of puzzles and extras. Spiderman universe? swing between repetitive buildings over and over... something is missing.

Did you even look at the E3 2016 video of Spiderman? Serious question. If you did you would have noticed that the fighting was not scripted, but since you choose to be stupid they were focused on a mission because it was a gameplay reveal. They have plenty of time to show free roam and none mission footage. Wow a studio showing off a game is showing a more exciting part of the game instead of mindless free roaming. What a surprise. They also showed him as Peter Parker and mentioned that he will do investigative work so there is more than swinging between buildings but that is a gameplay mechanic of the game and how Spiderman gets around. You really are dense lol. An open world game would obviously have more to do. Matter of fact don't even reply. Keep being an internet troll who wastes his time hating on games that will be great.

1) Source or shut up. (UC4 population) .. "Mega popular" ... no "Mega popular" is 1 Million+ concurrent users... I WOULD WILLINGLY BET ... UC4 is between 10-20k ... less than stuff like battlefield. I'l eat crow if I'm wrong, but no numbers have been bragged as far as a quick google goes.

2) Bloodborne is a purchased exclusive re-sking of a multiplat franchise .... and again, you can't prove its population, because the numbers are clearly not bragged about.

"Engagement" is a meaningless stat to use when trying to figure out if a game is good.

All the engagement in the world won't stop people from forgetting what Sea of Thieves is 2 months after it releases.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people play a game once and enjoy it immensely but don't feel the need to go back to play it again. Lots of games I played during the 8bit/16bit/32bit/PS2 era that I only completed once or twice that I loved immensely.

MS has more engagement but their games continue to flop and their console is selling like shit. Why would Sony want to leave their mega successful model that's making tons of money for them to copy MS' failing model so that they can boast about "engagement" numbers?

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BigBadBully

@quadknight: it means a lot, some people buy games and dont play them. MS games might be mediocre but the games still bring people back to play. Even music charts are less about albums sold and look more for amount of streams and clicks. Some of the most popular bands sell less these days and more about engagement and clicks through streaming services. So enagement is something to look at, this isnt the old times where games were basic and couldnt take advantage of the tools that are available today where devs can keep bringing people back.

Sony might be successful but their still abandoning PSN, ps+ is gimped in 2019 only allowing ps4 titles. Their games would be more active if they featured co-op and constant content updates. Sea of thieves might be forgotten but the engagement on twitch for a game that isnt playable is more than GT Sport, thats saying something.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

@hawkeye44:

Yeah a 10+ Teraflop PS5 with Horizon 2 would be pretty sick.

I’d also want a Shadow of the Colossus 2 on PS5.

Might as well throw in Bloodborne 2 while we’re at it.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BluFalconUltra

@MBirdy88 said:
@blufalconultra said:
@BigBadBully said:

Source? I actually play the games and know many other people who do the same lol. No one gives a damn what you think or bet clown lol. Where is your proof that it isn't 5 or 10 million? You bring proof since you care so much. The fact is that people are playing the games online, now you are trying to move the goal posts to a specific number. Just shut up because you don't know squat.

And I stand by you being an idiot who posts BS on the internet. Notice you can not argue against what I said because they are facts. I hope you get paid to act like Crapgamer JR lol.

@BigBadBully said:

@blufalconultra: games look dead to me, never really hear about content updates. GT Sport was down around #300, more people interested im Sea of thieves videos which was higher. Sony just doesnt do enough to keep people engaged besides companies turning servers off and people getting one last hoorah in. The show is decent and will spike for baseball but then die off.

Guess i have to scroll down past #300 for those other sony games.

GT Sport just got a content update yesterday so as I said you don't know what you are talking about. Content updates don't have anything to do with people playing the games online. Down 300, what are you even talking about? No one gives a damn about anything you are saying do you realize that? Sony actually sells games, not hype. Like I said $7.6 million shows a lot of engagement. Sea of Thieves won't sell 5% of that. Also Sea of Thieves is multiplat so yeah. They turned servers off for PS3 as did MS for the 360. No one supports consoles forever past their generation. Once again you are just babbling but don't know anything.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BluFalconUltra

@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@blufalconultra said:
@BigBadBully said:

"Engagement" is a meaningless stat to use when trying to figure out if a game is good.

All the engagement in the world won't stop people from forgetting what Sea of Thieves is 2 months after it releases.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people play a game once and enjoy it immensely but don't feel the need to go back to play it again. Lots of games I played during the 8bit/16bit/32bit/PS2 era that I only completed once or twice that I loved immensely.

MS has more engagement but their games continue to flop and their console is selling like shit. Why would Sony want to leave their mega successful model that's making tons of money for them to copy MS' failing model so that they can boast about "engagement" numbers?

Just another fanboy term "engagement" that these pathetic wastes of flesh make up to defend that dead platform lol. PS4 has sold more consoles, PS4 sold more games, PS4 exclusives sell much much better and he is talking about "engagement"? There are more people playing on PSN than Live so what is this argument even about? That other guy compared Uncharted 4 to Battlefiled which is multiplat lol, but notice he didn't compare it to Halo 5 or Gears of War 4, because he knows better. Let it go kids, you have lost this battle, as usual.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By QuadKnight

@BigBadBully said:

@quadknight: it means a lot, some people buy games and dont play them. MS games might be mediocre but the games still bring people back to play. Even music charts are less about albums sold and look more for amount of streams and clicks. Some of the most popular bands sell less these days and more about engagement and clicks through streaming services. So enagement is something to look at, this isnt the old times where games were basic and couldnt take advantage of the tools that are available today where devs can keep bringing people back.

Sony might be successful but their still abandoning PSN, ps+ is gimped in 2019 only allowing ps4 titles. Their games would be more active if they featured co-op and constant content updates. Sea of thieves might be forgotten but the engagement on twitch for a game that isnt playable is more than GT Sport, thats saying something.

Has it ever occurred to you that people may be spending more time on old MS games because there's less to choose from on the Xbone?

Why would PS owners spend a long time playing games from 2014/2015 when Sony is releasing so many quality games over the year. I have a huge backlog of games and can barely keep up with the quality stream of games that keep coming out on the PS4 almost every month.

People on Xbox have less games to choose from so they spend more time playing old games and games they've already completed. It's the reason why BC is such a big deal for lems and MS because MS isn't releasing enough new games. Sony doesn't have this problem as there's a continuous stream of games both from their first party as well as 3rd party Japanese devs.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By QuadKnight

@blufalconultra said:
@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@blufalconultra said:
@BigBadBully said:

Just another fanboy term "engagement" that these pathetic wastes of flesh make up to defend that dead platform lol. PS4 has sold more consoles, PS4 sold more games, PS4 exclusives sell much much better and he is talking about "engagement"? There are more people playing on PSN than Live so what is this argument even about? That other guy compared Uncharted 4 to Battlefiled which is multiplat lol, but notice he didn't compare it to Halo 5 or Gears of War 4, because he knows better. Let it go kids, you have lost this battle, as usual.

Fanboys especially lems are funny creatures.

Yea "engagement" is a meaningless statistic especially when your system is suffering from lack of games. Obviously people are gonna spend more time on old games, it's not rocket science.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@blufalconultra said:
@BigBadBully said:

Your first mistake is thinking Sony sells because of its SP games... it really doesn;t.

It was selling before they even came about.

1) Better worldwide branding

2) cheaper and more powerful

3) Snowball effect "my friends have this already so Im getting it too".

Microsoft are doing badly in all departments, this is not just about them. Sony still tried and failed to makes shooters/MP games that were big.... so they stick to the safe route, that is not praise worthy, its boring.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BigBadBully

@blufalconultra: its not a made up fanboy term. The music industry is prime example of this. Charts now use streaming and clicks for artist engagement, sales dont hold the weight they once used to. I cant help you're caught up in fanboy mentality as your defense but i def. Did not make up the term engagement.

You can throw all the sales info you want and tell me how bad MS is selling, i can see that already. I can however see the changing of times with how gaming is changing beyond just who sells the most. Like music, gaming is moving beyond just a physical sale.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By QuadKnight

@MBirdy88 said:
@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@blufalconultra said:

Your first mistake is thinking Sony sells because of its SP games... it really doesn;t.

Microsoft are doing badly in all departments, this is not just about them. Sony still tried and failed to makes shooters/MP games that were big.... so they stick to the safe route, that is not praise worthy, its boring.

You can't say that. Unless you have stats backing up what you're saying it's just useless conjecture.

Sony's exclusives like HZD, TLOU, GOW, UC, GT, etc. sell very well and also sell more than the biggest Xbox games this gen. One of them might not be the reason PS4 is selling well but you can't say all of them combined isn't a reason PS4 is selling better.

The price argument is moot. Xbox has both cheapest and most powerful consoles around and they are still flopping. Xbox hasn't been more expensive since they dropped Kinect back in early 2014. Snowball effect doesn't explain why Xbox is completely failing in Japan or doesn't do well in other European countries outside of UK.

Sony realized early they couldn't compete with 3rd party when it came to shooters some time last gen so they left them and decided to concentrate on what they are actually good at which is single player story driven AAA games. Things have worked out extremely well for them as a result of this. MS is still trying to compete with 3rd party and they are getting completely destroyed. There are more people on PSN than XBL because 3rd party MP games are the biggest they've ever been. Halo and Gears don't have the effect they used to have and a lot of gamers are okay playing on PSN compared to last gen. Reason you have more "engagement" numbers on MS exclusives is because MS concentrates on MP games and they have so few of them to begin with. A system with less games to choose from and almost no exclusives is obviously gonna have more people on the system playing those few exclusives. PS4 has more games to choose from and a lot of 3rd party popular MP games so obviously numbers are gonna be less for each Sony games since the playerbase is spread apart.

Using engagement numbers in this case is completely meaningless. You would have a point if MS games output was the same as Sony's and they both had the same number of players on each platform but clearly they do not. Sony's gamers are more spread out and have more to choose from than Xbox gamers hence you're not gonna see people playing the same old tired first party games online on PSN.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@blufalconultra said:

You can't say that. Unless you have stats backing up what you're saying it's just useless conjecture.

Sony's exclusives like HZD, TLOU, GOW, UC, GT, etc. sell very well and also sell more than the biggest Xbox games this gen. One of them might not be the reason PS4 is selling well but you can't say all of them combined isn't a reason PS4 is selling better.

The price argument is moot. Xbox has both cheapest and most powerful consoles around and they are still flopping. Xbox hasn't been more expensive since they dropped Kinect back in early 2014. Snowball effect doesn't explain why Xbox is completely failing in Japan or doesn't do well in other European countries outside of UK.

Sony realized early they couldn't compete with 3rd party when it came to shooters some time last gen so they left them and decided to concentrate on what they are actually good at which is single player story driven AAA games. Things have worked out extremely well for them as a result of this. MS is still trying to compete with 3rd party and they are getting completely destroyed. There are more people on PSN than XBL because 3rd party MP games are the biggest they've ever been. Halo and Gears don't have the effect they used to have and a lot of gamers are okay playing on PSN compared to last gen. Reason you have more "engagement" numbers on MS exclusives is because MS concentrates on MP games and they have so few of them to begin with. A system with less games to choose from and almost no exclusives is obviously gonna have more people on the system playing those few exclusives. PS4 has more games to choose from and a lot of 3rd party popular MP games so obviously numbers are gonna be less for each Sony games since the playerbase is spread apart.

Using engagement numbers in this case is completely meaningless. You would have a point if MS games output was the same as Sony's and they both had the same number of players on each platform but clearly they do not. Sony's gamers are more spread out and have more to choose from than Xbox gamers hence you're not gonna see people playing the same old tired first party games online on PSN.

First year sales... yea I can say that, it snow balled.

What are you even talking about with "Engagement numbers"? the rest you are just pitting Sony vs MS ... I couldn't care less because gaming is bigger than that bubble, and trends are dictated by PC.

Phil Spencer is factually correct, but that doesn't change that his platform has failed to produce those "big MP games" that make SP games look small.

Meanwhile on PC.....

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1942 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@KBFloYd said:
@quadknight said:
@KBFloYd said:
@luxuryheart said:

Zelda isn't even Nintendo's best selling IP, so I would not have even pinned them against each other.

for a combined 28Million

The new Nintendo exclusives that will come out soon and the thousands of Indie games on the system. Seriously, it's been less than a year and the Switch has tons of great games to play. If you don't see that, then you're a fanboy. When I buy the Switch, I'm going to stock up on a shitload of games. Until then, the PS4 is my baby.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By QuadKnight

@MBirdy88 said:
@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@quadknight said:

What are you even talking about with "Engagement numbers"? the rest you are just pitting Sony vs MS ... I couldn't care less because gaming is bigger than that bubble, and trends are dictated by PC.

Phil Spencer is factually correct, but that doesn't change that his platform has failed to produce those "big MP games" that make SP games look small.

Meanwhile on PC.....

Phil Spencer is wrong and that's why Xbox is failing. PC is a different beast and appeals to a different type of gamer than consoles do, you can't use it to compare to the Xbone, it also has a lot of exclusives while the Xbox doesn't. Yes MP games are the biggest games right now but they aren't helping the Xbone. Engagement numbers means shit right now because no matter the engagement numbers Xbone has it's still getting buried in NPD and worldwide sales every year and month.

Xbone is failing because it doesn't have exclusive games people wanna play. Exclusive games sell consoles and Xbox has none hence the reason it's getting its ass handed to it.

Switch just released and it already has a better exclusive library than Xbone, it's shameful. It neither has the 3rd party support the Xbone enjoys or the MP first party exclusives and it's still beating the crap out of Xbone both in US and worldwide. Your excuses for the failure of Xbone do not square with reality. The systems that are selling the most right now are also the systems with all the highest rated single player exclusives.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#121 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Congrats to Guerilla Games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#122 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70503 Posts

Well deserved. GOTY for me but tied with Prey.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@MBirdy88:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Boring game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Meanwhile on PC.....

Phil Spencer is wrong and that's why Xbox is failing. PC is a different beast and appeals to a different type of gamer than consoles do, you can't use it to compare to the Xbone, it also has a lot of exclusives while the Xbox doesn't. Yes MP games are the biggest games right now but they aren't helping the Xbone. Engagement numbers means shit right now because no matter the engagement numbers Xbone has it's still getting buried in NPD and worldwide sales every year and month.

Xbone is failing because it doesn't have exclusive games people wanna play. Exclusive games sell consoles and Xbox has none hence the reason it's getting its ass handed to it.

Switch just released and it already has a better exclusive library than Xbone, it's shameful. It neither has the 3rd party support the Xbone enjoys or the MP first party exclusives and it's still beating the crap out of Xbone both in US and worldwide. Your excuses for the failure of Xbone do not square with reality. The systems that are selling the most right now are also the systems with all the highest rated single player exclusives.

1) Again, source? because back in the days where Xbox tracked top played games they were always things like CoD / Minecraft and the likes, I bet that is no different now. Again, without data assuming SP games which took 1.5 years to come along way after PS4 started snowballing is not accurate. I'm still waiting for you to back up any previous claims on populations of games etc. I'm sure the "engagement" buzzword will be played again, but hey-ho.

2) Xbox is failing because of many reasons, I;m not saying exclusives have no effect... I'm saying its not THE reason.

3) Switch is taking everything by storm. Nintendo is a beast far beyond Sony's first party. When you invest in a Nintendo console your not just getting SP games.... you can gaurentee you are getting the most healthy mix of the 3 consoles... Co-Op , SP (that is more than cinematic 10-20 hour Guerilla and Spiderman garbage) ... Local Multiplayer ... Online multiplayer is a "Work in progress" but its hilarious that Splatoon has made more of an online "splash" than s*it like Killzone and anything Sony has attempted.

Again, you fixate on Xbox, I couldn't care less, and again, I'm not playing by your bubbles rules.

I'l sum up my thoughts after all this off-path crap.

1) Sony's first party is un-inspired, its a one trick pony unless an exclusive is bought. shallow games with good presentation. That is the audience, that is the limits of thier success in 1st party development. Its easy, its lame.

2) Phil Spencer is absolutely correct that SP games have taken a back-seat in the last decade - nothing to do with excuses etc for Xbox, again, don't care.

3) love the salt comments, I have nothing to be salty about, maybe start looking inwards. I have a PS4 Pro, Switch and PC ... I have no horse in the exclusive / how many units sold race ... I just like calling out shit shallow games for being just that.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By QuadKnight

@MBirdy88 said:
@quadknight said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@quadknight said:

Meanwhile on PC.....

1) Again, source? because back in the days where Xbox tracked top played games they were always things like CoD / Minecraft and the likes, I bet that is no different now. Again, without data assuming SP games which took 1.5 years to come along way after PS4 started snowballing is not accurate. I'm still waiting for you to back up any previous claims on populations of games etc. I'm sure the "engagement" buzzword will be played again, but hey-ho.

2) Xbox is failing because of many reasons, I;m not saying exclusives have no effect... I'm saying its not THE reason.

3) Switch is taking everything by storm. Nintendo is a beast far beyond Sony's first party. When you invest in a Nintendo console your not just getting SP games.... you can gaurentee you are getting the most healthy mix of the 3 consoles... Co-Op , SP (that is more than cinematic 10-20 hour Guerilla and Spiderman garbage) ... Local Multiplayer ... Online multiplayer is a "Work in progress" but its hilarious that Splatoon has made more of an online "splash" than s*it like Killzone and anything Sony has attempted.

Again, you fixate on Xbox, I couldn't care less, and again, I'm not playing by your bubbles rules.

I'l sum up my thoughts after all this off-path crap.

1) Sony's first party is un-inspired, its a one trick pony unless an exclusive is bought. shallow games with good presentation. That is the audience, that is the limits of thier success in 1st party development. Its easy, its lame.

2) Phil Spencer is absolutely correct that SP games have taken a back-seat in the last decade - nothing to do with excuses etc for Xbox, again, don't care.

3) love the salt comments, I have nothing to be salty about, maybe start looking inwards. I have a PS4 Pro, Switch and PC ... I have no horse in the exclusive / how many units sold race ... I just like calling out shit shallow games for being just that.

Dude you're salty as ****. Nothing you said is fact or even close to being a fact, you just spat out a lot of opinion and are trying to pass it off as fact.

"Engagement" is nothing but a bullshit metric lems and MS came up with to damage control Xbone's poor sales and mediocre exclusives, it has no meaning in the real world. Your claim that PS4 is selling based on hype is absolute rubbish as PS4's exclusives are selling extremely well along with the console itself. Most of Sony's exclusives this gen have been successful both in sales and accolades. The mediocre ones like the Order 1886 that were nothing but graphics have flopped and gotten bad reviews.

Again, you heaven't backed up anything you've said with facts and all I'm hearing is the word's of a salty fanboy angry that a system he doesn't like is doing well. It's fine not to like things, I get that, certain things I don't like are extremely popular but it's not fine to make up your own facts. You need to get in touch with reality and accept that things aren't judged as being objectively good or bad based on your opinions. Especially when your opinion is clearly in the minority as it is with something like Horizon.

Kruugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 Kruugh
Member since 2017 • 117 Posts

@quadknight said:

and yea Europe = Sony Land.

It's what I've been trying to tell you lems and Sheep for a long time. Sony doesn't even need to do that well in the US and Japan because they completely own Europe. This goes for both hardware and software sales BTW. They just need to do reasonably well to stay competetive in US and Japan and Europe ensures that they end up being #1 in WW sales totals. It's the reason why Sony doesn't need to win NPD or Mediacreate every month to beat both Switch and Xbone in sales.

I don't know for Europe, but here in France it's definetely Playstation Land .

Switch number two but PS4 has a comfortable margin.

And Xbox far behind

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#128  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

@PAL360 said:

for a combined 28Million

Zelda and Mario sales are still growing as more people buy the Switch. BOTW should cross 10 million sales this year, and SMO should cross 10 million sales in the next few months.

Hawkeye44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#129  Edited By Hawkeye44
Member since 2017 • 237 Posts

OMG, I have never seen this much salt in my life

- The salt

- The damage control

- The mental gymnastics

- The excuses

All because of HZD, wow how much butt-hurt is that over a new ip.

"engagement" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Its not Guerilla's fault that HZD destroyed Halo 5 or GOW4 or any Xbox exclusive in sales, awards, and reception.

Hawkeye44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#130  Edited By Hawkeye44
Member since 2017 • 237 Posts

@MBirdy88@BigBadBully

"Engagement", this is such a most pathetic excuse of damage control. HZD, U4 completely tore Halo 5/GOW4 into shreds in sales, GOTY awards and reception and you're countering with Engagement, LMAO WTF kind of damage control is that :D

Did you just compared Sea of theives to GT sport: SOT will be lucky to sell 10% of GT sport

Sony, PS4 gamers doesn't give a shit and don't want our talented First party to be wasted on COD clones when we have access to the Best multiplayers and GOTY qulity blockbuster exclusives.

What you want is irrelevant to Sony and the PS4. That's they close to 80 million because they're doing what we want while X1 is doing what you want and they're at like 35 million.

This is just the start: GOW, Spiderman, Days Gone, Death Stranding, TOU2 are even more popular than HZD in terms of YT views, and if HZD shat on Halo 5 numbers then imagine what a giant like Spider man will do.

The PS4 is getting GOTY quality AAA Blockbusters exclusives that's is selling millions

But hey at least X1 have engagement:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@hawkeye44 said:

@MBirdy88@BigBadBully

"Engagement", this is such a most pathetic excuse of damage control. HZD, U4 completely tore Halo 5/GOW4 into shreds in sales, GOTY awards and reception and you're countering with Engagement, LMAO WTF kind of damage control is that :D

Did you just compared Sea of theives to GT sport: SOT will be lucky to sell 10% of GT sport

Sony, PS4 gamers doesn't give a shit and don't want our talented First party to be wasted on COD clones when we have access to the Best multiplayers and GOTY qulity blockbuster exclusives.

What you want is irrelevant to Sony and the PS4. That's they close to 80 million because they're doing what we want while X1 is doing what you want and they're at like 35 million.

This is just the start: GOW, Spiderman, Days Gone, Death Stranding, TOU2 are even more popular than HZD in terms of YT views, and if HZD shat on Halo 5 numbers then imagine what a giant like Spider man will do.

The PS4 is getting GOTY quality AAA Blockbusters exclusives that's is selling millions

It's as if none of you can read....

pretty laughable.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1942 Posts

@hawkeye44 said:

OMG, I have never seen this much salt in my life

- The salt

- The damage control

- The mental gymnastics

- The excuses

All because of HZD, wow how much butt-hurt is that over a new ip.

"engagement" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Its not Guerilla's fault that HZD destroyed Halo 5 or GOW4 or any Xbox exclusive in sales, awards, and reception.

Off topic, but I love those things. My dad used to take me and my siblings to a dirt thing (whatever it is), and we would climb it. So much fun!

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

@quadknight said:

IMO calling Spiderman a QTE-fest based on 15 mins of gameplay shown is just silly. The game is also an open world game so judging it one section that happens to be a boss fight section is also very silly and premature.

I'm hyped for the game because I'm a Spiderman fan and because I trust Insomniac to make a good game. Insomniac are one of the best 2nd/3rd party devs out there, and they haven't let me down ever with the gameplay in their games so I completely trust them with the Spiderman franchise.

please do I'm sure admins can verify the IP/origins or you can report to them directly. Funny thing is actually said in the thread that I'm jealous of PS offerings since I love TPS games but just because I don't like spiderman you all are jumping on me.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8512 Posts

@MBirdy88:

you tell me

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Excellent game with such a thought provoking story. Fully deserved. It even deserves 10 million more if you ask me.

But guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves. The Wither 3 raised the bar far too high for any other game to match any time soon. Both in game play and visuals Horizon has some way to go to match The Witcher 3 (even on a regular (non-Pro) PS4 The Witcher 3 looks considerably superior: draw distances, woods, rivers, sky, nature etc) but the sequels will be promising.

And one mind-blowing fact about this game is that it comes from a studio with zero experience in emotional open-world RPGs. The Killzone franchise, as a relatively shallow sci-fi shooter, is a million miles away from Horizon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#136  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Nice. Its very well deserved. My personal 2017 Goty

@Epak_ said:

the gameplay is pretty average as well.

Thats bs of the highest grade. HZD is only bad at the close combat/melee. The movement fluidity and bow/arrow mechanics are superb

@MBirdy88 said:
@Epak_ said:

Beautiful game, but combat lacks punch and the gameplay is pretty average as well. Don't know if I'll ever finish it.

That statement should be written on the box of Sony's entire first party.

Thats precious coming from a The Witcher fan...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#137 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

@elkoldo said:

But guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves. The Wither 3 raised the bar far too high for any other game to match any time soon. Both in game play and visuals Horizon has some way to go to match The Witcher 3 (even on a regular (non-Pro) PS4 The Witcher 3 looks considerably superior: draw distances, woods, rivers, sky, nature etc) but the sequels will be promising.

HZD has better combat and visuals than TW3.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 elkoldo

@Jag85: No it didn't.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Jag85: i also think it does.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Way to go Horizon Zero Dawn, pretty impressive stuff! :) Have never played, but it must be a good game. I mean it has robo dinosaurs, c'mon,

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 QuadKnight

@elkoldo said:

Excellent game with such a thought provoking story. Fully deserved. It even deserves 10 million more if you ask me.

And one mind-blowing fact about this game is that it comes from a studio with zero experience in emotional open-world RPGs. The Killzone franchise, as a relatively shallow sci-fi shooter, is a million miles away from Horizon.

Nah I disagree, HZD has beter visuals and combat than TW3. I play TW3 maxed out on a 4K monitor and HZD on a PS4 Pro hooked up to the same 4K monitor and HZD looks better period. The only thing TW3 has over it is the fact that running on PC you can brute force better image quality but in terms of visuals HZD is untouchable. The combat in TW3 is also clumsy and stiff compared to HZD's. HZD is a graphical masterpiece, there's a reason it won all the technical and graphics awards last year, the game looks insane.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By QuadKnight

@hawkeye44 said:

@MBirdy88@BigBadBully

? The salt is real from lems and bitter hermits.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Almost 8 millions isn’t that impressive for a bundle game on a console with a user base of 60+million ?

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 BigBadBully

@quadknight: you're missing the point, sales arent everything. Look at bloodborne currently its high on twitch. Is it because everyone decided to buy it all of the sudden or maybe because the game is free on ps+? Sony putting the game on PS+ just boosted the game with engagement by another means other than physical sales. Now a lot of people are playing the game and might bring in more $ by people buying dlc.

Yes MS games might not have the sexy sale numbers but they have other means of getting people to play its games outside of purchasing the game. Hopefully you understand and can see this currently with Bloodborne example.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4736 Posts

It is weird that people seem mad that a game sold well. This is great news all around.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By QuadKnight

@mojito1988 said:

It is weird that people seem mad that a game sold well. This is great news all around.

I don't get it either. Lots of games I don't like have sold extremely well and I don't even bat an eye. Must be because it's a Sony exclusive.

Nothing brings out the salt/butthurt in fanboys like a Sony exclusive selling well and getting great reviews.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56452 Posts

@BigBadBully: So far, I heard rumors Bloodborne 2 is in the works, if the sales didn't matter overall, there wouldn't be another Bloodborne game to begin with. If Sony wasn't so sure about the IP game, this would be a good time to get everyone playing it through PS+ if Bloodborne 2 is anything to go by.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By QuadKnight

@BigBadBully said:

@quadknight: you're missing the point, sales arent everything. Look at bloodborne currently its high on twitch. Is it because everyone decided to buy it all of the sudden or maybe because the game is free on ps+? Sony putting the game on PS+ just boosted the game with engagement by another means other than physical sales. Now a lot of people are playing the game and might bring in more $ by people buying dlc.

Yes MS games might not have the sexy sale numbers but they have other means of getting people to play its games outside of purchasing the game. Hopefully you understand and can see this currently with Bloodborne example.

Engagement is a bullshit metric.

Nothing you've posted here convinces me otherwise. Giving a game out for free isn't something to gloat about. Sony is probably doing it because they want more people to play the game because they're probably working on a sequel right now. If Bloodborne hadn't sold well and gotten so many awards I doubt Sony would have been eager to start funding a sequel so soon. Sales and good reviews matter, you can have all the "engagement" in the world but if your game is mediocre in sales and reviews it just ends up being a forgotten flop like most of MS party exclusives right now. How many MS 1st party exclusives outside of Gears, Halo, Forza are getting sequels this gen? Most MS games get one chance and if they don't succeed MS dumps them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#149 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70503 Posts

It’s amazing how this thread like all other threads about Sony converges back to the Xbox. LMAO It’s even more funny because it’s the Sony folks that keep Xbox and MS in the dialog.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By elkoldo
@quadknight said:
@elkoldo said:

Nah I disagree, HZD has beter visuals and combat than TW3. I play TW3 maxed out on a 4K monitor and HZD on a PS4 Pro hooked up to the same 4K monitor and HZD looks better period. The only thing TW3 has over it is the fact that running on PC you can brute force better image quality but in terms of visuals HZD is untouchable. The combat in TW3 is also clumsy and stiff compared to HZD's. HZD is a graphical masterpiece, there's a reason it won all the technical and graphics awards last year, the game looks insane.

@Jag85 said:

HZD has better combat and visuals than TW3.

Are you two saying that for example, the pixelated sky and indistinct draw distance in HZD actually outperforms for example, Toussaint's views?

The wild life wasn't as vast as TW3, and there were much fewer types of plant life in HZD than TW3. The world map in TW3 was much bigger and much more diverse (orchards, vineyards, villages, jungles, islands, mountains, prairies, lakes etc along with stunning and diverse in-door environments such as various cabins, houses, castles, brothels, taverns etc). Also the facial animations and expressions were so stunning in HZD only in cut scenes and dialogues, and throughout the actual gameplay they had much lower quality, whereas this wasn't the case with TW3 (particularly with Nvidia Hairworks on). Albeit I should add that I played both games an a regular PS4, not on PS4 pro. Now don't get me the wrong way, HZD indeed looked great. But not the greatest.

As for the gameplay, in terms of the number and variety of quests (and side quests) I think you'll agree that TW3 is unsurpassable. The only superiority HZD had over TW3 was the fact that you could study the enemies' weak points on-the-fly (using Focus) but in TW3 you had to stop the game to read the Bestiary which wasn't convenient. (And speaking of Focus, it's crystal-clear that Focus has been copied from the Witcher Senses. It also gives Geralt the superiority of being a natural tracker, yet Aloy couldn't do much without her Focus device :) and the Focus wasn't he only thing that was borrowed from TW3. When roaming Meridian, were you too thinking of Oxenfurt and Novigrad?)

The weapon and equipment variety, oils, potions, decections, magic spells and their wonderful upgrades make the combat in TW3 much more enjoyable (how can all this be 'stiff'?) and humans are too weak and have low AI in HZD, whereas again this wasn't the case with TW3 and fighting humans was no less fun than monsters. And above all, the meaningful and sometimes shocking choices you make throughout the story just give TW3 a depth that is unmatched. (For the record, you never get to make a meaningful and result-altering choice in HZD, with perhaps the only exception being Olin's fate (life or death) which wasn't that decisive anyway.) All of this among many many other features that I simply fail to recall right now, make the TW3 a legend, and HZD as great as it was (particularly baring in mind that it was Guerilla's first open-world RPG), has to work its way up to match TW3.