Horizon Zero Dawn is another overhyped piece of sh!t, I'm tired of this f'n bs with Sony!!! Yes this is a FACT!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

I will begin with a warning, if you only read the title then don't post in my thread. If the title was everything, then why would I write anything in the body of my OP?

TLDR; SCROLL DOWN

I understand that this thread has a provocative title so some of you will jump to saying that I'm trolling. No, I'm not trolling because what I am writing is absolutely true. If you can point to where I write something inaccurate then show me and if I refuse to acknowledge it then you can say I'm trolling. You guys want to call anything that you don't like trolling. No, you may not like it but if it's true then stop being babies and deal with it.

Horizon Zero Dawn just like other Guerrilla games are great graphically but overhyped trash otherwise. That's why when Killzone 2 was released many years ago on the PS3, it had crazy amount of hype and it even reviewed well. Then people started complaining that the aiming was off and that it was too slow and it was sh!t. Cows on this forum made every argument you can think of defending Killzone 2's controls and aiming. They were saying it's like real life, LMFAO!

Fast forward to today. Looking back at Killzone 2, no one is dumb enough to defend that worthless trash. The graphics were great for it's time but we now know that's all it had. Otherwise it was garbage. That's why no one today will defend it or say anything about it other than it ran like trash and it's aim was laughable. I'm sure cows now will say they always thought it was crap and they never hyped it, LOL!

Now we have Horizon Zero Dawn and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Yes the game is brilliant in the graphics department. It even received numerous awards such as the best technology of the year from DF, beating out other really impressive games. I won't even clown it for only running at 30 fps because I think that's fine for this game. PC guys and cows hiding behind their PC say they run their games at 144 fps but they don't seem to complain about this games 30 fps, weird huh?

Here is where the problem is, the gameplay is crap. Yes today you may like it because you are really into the amazing looking graphics but a year or two down the road no one will want to play that trash again. When the graphics lose their shock value, it will be looked at as simple overhyped trash. Except no one on this forum will admit it was ever hyped.

Now listen carefully, I have proof this game is bad. I'm not just making the claim for nothing. The reason the game looks so good is because Sony spent a crap load of money to develop this game so it could look that good. Sony poured a ton of money in making this game and it shows. I mention that because I want everyone to acknowledge that this was Sony's big AAA game of the year and they were really trying to make something great.

The reception it has received from cows has been amazing. They have called it such an amazing game, they say it's great. A while ago I remember someone writing that it was better than BOTW, that's how crazy the hype was.

Well, here we go, it's time to get real. If this game is that great and everyone loves it so much, why didn't it even come closes to challenging for GOTY and why did it get outsold by PUBG that released a few weeks ago?

TLDR;

The PS4 has the largest installed base of any console. How in the hell can the best game ever according to the cows, which I admit is truly absolutely gorgeous and an amazing technical achievement, get outsold dramatically by Zelda that came out on a console that released less than a year ago? Don't tell me there was a Wii U version of Zelda. Yes but I am saying the Switch version of Zelda destroyed HZD in sales and that is a fact.

Zelda also destroyed HZD in winning the most game of the year awards. In fact, it wasn't even close. This is Zelda, a game that runs on a clocked down Tegra 1, LOL! If HZD is a great game and is not overhyped, why can't it with PS4's massive installed base even outsell Zelda that released on a console that launched only a few months ago and it even got outsold by PUBG in two weeks, why?

Maybe Zelda is just more popular so sales are not fair because HZD is a new ip right? Ok that doesn't explain PUBG's success now does it? Let's pretend this game didn't sell because it's a new IP, why in the heck didn't it win GOTY?

Everything points to this being a flashy only graphics game that is garbage compared to the games with actual good gameplay that are true GOTY contenders. This reminds me of a long time ago when ID would release the new Doom to market their new engine. The gameplay was always dogsh!t but boy the graphics sure were great. The real gamers realized Half LIfe was a lot better despite Doom's great graphics.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
Loading Video...

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

No

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

KZ2 wasn't garbage...i loved how the game actually had weight. And HZD isn't garbage either. The side quest had meeting the combat was actually fun and the world was imersive and beautiful. Why did Zelda sell better? Because it was the only game worth owning on the switch for about six months. Plus Zelda is an all time great franchise.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

How are you still here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Someone recommended this game as I said I was phased out of video games, post Odyssey. So definitely not worth it? Or is it like Grand Theft Auto 5 aka Body Harvest HD?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

This thread is lame. That's a fact.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Not my type of game but looks like a great game and was fun to watch on Twitch. Plus Guerilla Games kinda went opposite direction with new ip, big risk when Evolution went down with Driveclub. So huge props on them delivering with HZD.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

Another dumb fanboy that is criticizing a game that he has not played.

So much butt hurt, so much butt hurt. Also Zelda did not destroy its sales since HZD has sold over 6 million, but what does sales have to do with quality.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BluFalconUltra

@heirren said:

Someone recommended this game as I said I was phased out of video games, post Odyssey. So definitely not worth it? Or is it like Grand Theft Auto 5 aka Body Harvest HD?

Never believe what a fanboy says. He has not played the game. Why would you trust his opinion? HZD is a great game and I am playing Odyssey as well, which I enjoy.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KBFloYd

@blufalconultra said:

So much butt hurt, so much butt hurt. Also Zelda did not destroy its sales since HZD has sold over 6 million, but what does sales have to do with quality.

wrong.GTA from last gen outsold it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-20-best-selling-games-in-the-us-for-november-2/1100-6455669/

Top 10 Selling Games of 2017

1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. Destiny 2*
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. For Honor
  9. Injustice 2
  10. Horizon: Zero Dawn
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@blufalconultra said:

Can we get a link, as i'm not into taking cows words for it.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@Xplode_games: "Here is where the problem is, the gameplay is crap."

The gameplay is near perfect. I have no clue what you're thinking. Graphics are a plus. Story is a plus. A very polished game is a plus. But again, the gameplay is what this games all about. It's what keeps me playing. Sometimes I'll just find unique ways to take down a thunderjaw. The open world is huge. The side quest don't feel dull. Play the whole game before you judge it by making a hate thread. The DLC makes the gameplay even better.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BluFalconUltra

@KBFloYd said:
@blufalconultra said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-20-best-selling-games-in-the-us-for-november-2/1100-6455669/

2. Destiny 2*
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. For Honor
  9. Injustice 2

I never said it didn't. GTA outsold everything. What does that have to do with global sales? Games sell outside of the U.S. too.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoshRMeyer

@Xplode_games: Killzone 2 has a 91 on metacritic... Halo 5 has an 84. I'd say both games are good. But one's on PS and one's on Xbox, so in your opinion one sucks and one is awesome.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

How are you still here?

Maybe he's banging the moderators

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

You lost me at the entire paragraph you wrote trying to prove you are not a troll.

Other bullet points:

• BotW and PUBG outsold HZD
  • HZD has amazing graphics
  • Talking about Killzone 2

So what exactly are these facts you speak of that makes HZD a shitty game? You didn't really justify any points. If you just felt the need to write a few paragraphs, congratulations you managed to do that.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JoshRMeyer

@KBFloYd: That article is for the US only.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#22 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Lmao.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@blufalconultra said:
@KBFloYd said:
@blufalconultra said:

2. Destiny 2*
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. For Honor
  9. Injustice 2

I never said it didn't. GTA outsold everything. Also you posted a link about November U.S.What does that have to do with global sales? HZD came out in February idiot, not November.

This is the type of fanboy crap that goes on way too much around these parts. You feel the necessity to insult him but you didn't even click on the link he posted. I know you didn't because if you did you would've seen there were many lists provided. Yes the best selling games for November but also for all platforms in 2017. The list he actually posted and you will find it in the link is accurate. But you just jumped on him and insulted him for no reason.

Btw, I found it interesting when I clicked on the link to review the sales numbers that HZD didn't even make the top 10 best selling PS4 games for November. Wow, LMFAO!

November 2017 Top 10 PS4 Games

2. Star Wars: Battlefront II
  3. Assassin's Creed: Origins
  4. NBA 2K18
  5. Madden NFL 18
  6. FIFA 18
  7. Need for Speed: Payback
  8. Destiny 2
  9. Grand Theft Auto V
  10. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus*
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KBFloYd

@Xplode_games said:
@blufalconultra said:
@KBFloYd said:
@blufalconultra said:

2. Destiny 2*
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  7. Grand Theft Auto V
  8. For Honor
  9. Injustice 2

I never said it didn't. GTA outsold everything. Also you posted a link about November U.S.What does that have to do with global sales? HZD came out in February idiot, not November.

This is the type of fanboy crap that goes on way too much around these parts. You feel the necessity to insult him but you didn't even click on the link he posted. I know you didn't because if you did you would've seen there were many lists provided. Yes the best selling games for November but also for all platforms in 2017. The list he actually posted and you will find it in the link is accurate. But you just jumped on him and insulted him for no reason.

Btw, I found it interesting when I clicked on the link to review the sales numbers that HZD didn't even make the top 10 best selling PS4 games for November. Wow, LMFAO!

exactly! dumb fanboy cant accept facts. the list i posted is for ALL OF THE YEAR.

and GTA didn't outsell everything this year. it's 7th on the list behind zelda.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KBFloYd

@joshrmeyer said:

@KBFloYd: That article is for the US only.

you think horizon outsold zelda in japan?

zelda is at 800k in japan. horizon probably didnt even chart.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#26 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

I wonder if people are actually going to explain why the OP is wrong and directly respond to his post as opposed to going fanboy and using ad hominem...

I don't know if OP has a point about why Zelda sold more than HZD, but you can sure bet your ass that the cows are just going to attack him for not whoreshipping sony like they expect people to. I remember I made a thread challenging cows to explain why they praise overrated exclusives and most just went apeshit lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@blufalconultra said:
@i_p_daily said:
@blufalconultra said:

Can we get a link, as i'm not into taking cows words for it.

I am not a cow and I am not your servant. I am also not into proving anything to dumb ass Xbox fanboys.

You are a cow, FACT. You make a claim you need to back up that claim with proof, FACT, The only one that is a dumbarse is you, FACT.

Glad we could clear that up :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@blufalconultra:

Because most games just bore me to death lol. Grand Theft Auto 5? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. What's that one game that got rave reviews? Ethan Carters House? Lol wtf. HEAVY RAIN? This was a GAME of the year? Lol. Pac-Man is a game. Lotta this modern stuff is like Dragoon Lair crossed with some hipsters Anamatic for a preachy animated film.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#29  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

** Looks at title... looks at TC... **

Nothing to see here. Move along.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

can you provide cliffs for your TL;DR version?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Even your TLDR is TLDR.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

I think its shite tbh i expected more but im still going to give it another go. The motion blur makes me feel sick... Doesn't come close to BOTW though that's for sure.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I bought it recently, so I really should try it out soon.

Probably good timing too - I haven't played a Monster Hunter game in a while, and I've heard that Guerilla designed this as a Monster Hunter clone...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Horizon Zero Dawn (along with Prey)is GOTY in my book so...

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

I'm torn over this game. I want to play another awesome open-world game like the Witcher 3, but I'm told this game gets boring. I don't know if it's worth buying a ps4 for just one game.

While it's a decent game, I wouldn't buy a console just to play it.

If you do, don't go in thinking you're getting something even close to The Witcher 3, it's not. HZD is a one and done game, I enjoyed my play through but have no intentions of ever playing it again. On the other hand, I've played the Witcher 3 through twice in it's entirety and spent hours just exploring the game world and experimenting with mods.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Killzone 2 was better than 3 and shadow fall

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Killzone 2 was better than 3 and shadow fall

Is Killzone 2 the one where you land from an open top dropship?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Another factless thread from OP

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoshRMeyer

@KBFloYd: I'm not nitpicking countries... Show some worldwide numbers. Wasn't talking about Zelda anyways.

taylor12702003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 taylor12702003
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

Sounds more like a lot of opinion.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

Stop feeding the troll.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KBFloYd

@joshrmeyer said:

@KBFloYd: I'm not nitpicking countries... Show some worldwide numbers. Wasn't talking about Zelda anyways.

let see. sold 10th place in the usa. sold shit in japan. what's left? europe?

so somehow 1/3 of the market will suddenly trump the 2 biggest markets?

no one knows the total sales for horizon. 3million was the last figure sony showed. we do know zelda outsold it. that for sure and zelda has only sold about 5 or 6 million confirmed by nintendo. so horizon would be below that.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

So I take it that TC still hasn't figured out what facts are

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

"If you can point to where I write something inaccurate then show me"

Dude, it's like 50% of your damn posts. You want the "facts" - read your own post and see that you have taken your OPINION and stated it as fact. Hell, you haven't even played the game through to earn an opinion before launching into this diatribe. That's inaccurate part ground zero. Half your threads seem to be filled with half-baked half-truths about shit like "the truth" about how PCs work and "the truth" about why the pc version of a game that factually runs better apparently "factually" runs worse. Now here you are spouting off about PUBG sales and BotW awards as some kind of evidence that the gameplay in HZD is "shit" rather than giving some kind of educated breakdown of its issues based on RELEVANT details from PERSONAL experience. There are a lot of things you could pick at on HZD, and yet this is the indirect madcap tack you take? Here's a pro tip, maybe before going after it in this manner, at least read the reviews that - while failing to have awarded it GOTY - almost exclusively praised the very aspect you are calling shit based on no personal experience and irrelevant details. Well ****, I guess every game that didn't sell the most COMPARING ACROSS ANY GENRE and ALSO didn't win GOTY had shit gameplay.

I read your book, and the rest of them, and this, as broken down above, is flamebait. Enough is enough. Try again when you've learned to discriminate between your opinions and "facts". This place could be so much more than it is with this kind of lazy trash talk (and that doesn't go just for you and this thread)