Honestly, is there REALLY any reason to buy a console other than 360 right now?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The__MCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 The__MCP
Member since 2007 • 757 Posts

No fanboy here, but IMO PS3 and Wii haven't proven squat. PS3 is still a work in progress. Promising games on the horizon, but definitely not worth the label as the most expensive console. Wii has the cool new controller but Wii Sports is about the extent of that device, and the rest of the noteworthy Nintendo games are Zelda & Mario rehashes. Just like Gamecube, it still lacks any significant 3rd party support.

C'mon dudes, be serious for a second. You buy a 360 and you play the popular cross-platform next gen games like Oblivion, The Darkness, and GRAW. Then you get the AAA exclusives like Halo 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Bioshock and Gears of War. Maybe if you don't like shooters, 360 is not the console for you, but you have the biggest selection of games of next gen, you have a big lineup of classic downloadable retro and mini games just like the Wii, if you like racing you have the AAA Forza, if you want something "Nintendoish" you have the newest Guitar Hero. With Blue Dragon, you already have one more decent JRPG worth playing than the PS3. There is even a selection of real-time strategy games. And then there are the other highlyrate exclusiveslike Kameo and Dead Rising.

With 360, you have arguably the best online service of all next gen consoles. The controller is top notch this gen with the stupid black/white buttons gone and the two triggers on back. If you want HD quality movies, there is a cheap expansion available.

Really..... why is 360 not dominating the market? Common sensesays its the only next gen console worth buying right now. :P

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Red rings
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
No...but I bought a PS3...played it about a month...stopped.
Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
The games coming out later this year. :|
Muzzle_Flashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Muzzle_Flashes
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts

Loyalty, fanboyism, dislike...

All a matter of peoples opinion and ignorance determines their choices *Not saying their ignorant, just in general of decision making*...

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

Red ringsTimstuff

Those will go away soon...aint that great??

In the mean time, the 3 year warranty will protect you like a blanket placed gently around your shoulders by a caring mother.;)

Avatar image for liquidsnake1987
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 liquidsnake1987
Member since 2004 • 4750 Posts
The games coming out later this year. :|Sir-Marwin105
lemmings forget they had to wait a year before getting a really good game (gear of wars) now they have good games, they think they are on top of the world. ps3 is getting so good games this holiday season, and pick up some stem after that. just like the 360 did after gears of war
welltarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 welltarnation
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

1. Gears of War and Bioshock are not exclusive. I have a decent PC. I didn't like Halo 3, PDZ, or Blue Dragon.

2.PS3 exclusives this year = Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Folklore, Uncharted, Haze, Ratchet.

3. I'm a movie buff and own 34 Bluray movies.

4. PS3 upscales movies very well now, I use it over my Oppo.

5. I can play my old PS2 and PS1 games on it as well.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

I guess maybe its because I'm getting old but I honestly have no desire to purchase a Wii or a PS3. I used to get every system when it launched but this gen its been more a wait and see and quite frankly I'm not seeing much from either of those two consoles.

I am more tempted to get the Wii because I want to finish the Prime series and I always enjoy the Mario games that come out once every 8 years or whatever the span is between them. I was really expecting the PS3 to be a lot better than 360 but it just isn't.

liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 liquidsnake1987

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Red ringsPimpshigity21

Those will go away soon...aint that great??

In the mean time, the 3 year warranty protects all like a blanket placed around your shoulders by a caring mother.;)

after 2 years being released, and over 11 million owners? sorry, even though the warranty covers it, it still sucks to have to wait a month or so to play. 360 is a good system, but they really screwed up with the RROD
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pimpshigity21

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]The games coming out later this year. :|liquidsnake1987
lemmings forget they had to wait a year before getting a really good game (gear of wars) now they have good games, they think they are on top of the world. ps3 is getting so good games this holiday season, and pick up some stem after that. just like the 360 did after gears of war

Nope...I was playing CoD2 and GRAW way before Gears came out.

ps3 is getting so good games this holiday season, and pick up some stem after that. just like the 360 did after gears of war
liquidsnake1987

Can you say Heavenly Flop? Does the word "Lair" ring a bell?

Keep waiting...

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
I have yet to buy a console and i really want to play the new final fantasy and MGS whicha re both coming to the PS3. However the PS3 is far too expensive and i'm just not going to buy it at that price until it drops about 200. If these two games came to the 360 then obviously i'd buy a 360 and save alot of money but the only thing that puts me off the 360 is the red ring of death thing. Some of my friends have been through 3/4 360's and had to wait a month for it to be fixed so i don't think i'd want the hassel.

For the moment i'll stick to my PC and wait it out to see if the games are ported because right now the PS3 is too expensive for what it is and i don't care about blu-ray or anything that the PS3 offers, i just want to play games.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts
don't get the ps3 now if you don't like what's on it now, but to anyone who tries to claim that the ps3 don't have nothing or that the 360 will still beat out the ps3 in 08 is totally delusional. Now the ps3 won't be catching the 360 in total sales but in 08 the ps3 will more than likely have the most consoles sold just watch
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

if it's so good why do you need to advertise games with 10 million dollars? heres a Song

Anything 360 can do ,

my PC can do Better

Your Consoles are late

i been playing online forever

360 has nothing for me

salamisandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 salamisandwich
Member since 2004 • 3725 Posts

Wii is cheaper, and appeals to more impatient people (little kids/old people). Its games are cheaper.

Ps3 has blu-ray

360s durability is questionable

Bioshock is crap if you are a hermit, Gears of war is crap if you are a hermit, Halo 3 is crap if you are a very patient hermit/a hermit that worships CS exclusivly.

Nintendo is the only company not known for doing anything immoral (ditching Sony no one cares about, and everyone forgot about them/doesn't care that they monopolized the market a long time ago).

PS3 + Wii have exclusives a comin

Wii is easier to lug to other peoples houses (yes, i actually considered this when buying it. I take it to my friends house EVERY OTHER WEEK! And my arms ripping off would reduce my score in video games)

and for the semi-relevant grasping for straws response:

Wii has the highest profit margin if you resell it on ebay.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Red ringsTimstuff

65nm CPU/GPU.

liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 liquidsnake1987

[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"][QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]The games coming out later this year. :|Pimpshigity21

Nope...I was playing CoD3 and GRAW way before Gears came out.

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]

ps3 is getting so good games this holiday season, and pick up some stem after that. just like the 360 did after gears of war
liquidsnake1987

Can you say Heavenly Flop? Does the word "Lair" ring a bell?

Keep waiting...

lair does suck, but heavenly sword doesnt, sorry i dont just buy the games that score AAA on gamespot. And i was referring to the holiday season, not games coming out now. besides, i had fun playing oblivion, rfom, ninja gaiden, rmotorstorm, and others.
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts

1. Gears of War and Bioshock are not exclusive. I have a decent PC. I didn't like Halo 3, PDZ, or Blue Dragon.

2.PS3 exclusives this year = Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Folklore, Uncharted, Haze, Ratchet.

welltarnation
Ninja Gaiden Sigma it's not an exclusive...
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
It only has the biggest library for now. And it isn't really that noteworthy a library.
One of the reasons could be You already have a PC and Boom suddenly half the x360 games fall off the bridge of doom into the abyss.
Or You could prefer nintendo or sony exclusives.
Maybe You missed out on the dead consoles, or PS2?
Maybe You don't want to spend so much money on a console, or like the idea of throwing parties with inexperienced (GIRLS)friends(GIRLS).
Maybe You got bored with playing the standard games, or playing them the standard way.
Maybe You just hate M$ for putting the VISTA onto Your new pc.
Maybe You don't like dual analogue or are waiting until M$ finally releases the final x360 SKU.
Maybe You don't own a HD TV and want to enjoy Your purchases to the fullest.
Maybe You already have some form of central heating.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"][QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]The games coming out later this year. :|Pimpshigity21

I hope you mean CoD2 because CoD3 sucked (gamespot score be damned)

welltarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 welltarnation
[QUOTE="welltarnation"]

club-sandwich

What else was Ninja Gaiden Sigma released for?

salamisandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 salamisandwich
Member since 2004 • 3725 Posts

Really, if even one of these reasons are true from anyones your thread flops. And i think blu-ray is a sure bet.

So i'm too lazy to put up the willy wonka picture, but

YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 club-sandwich
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"][QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]The games coming out later this year. :|liquidsnake1987

And don't forget about CoD2, DoA4, PDZ, Oblivion, FarCry, Saints Row, Dead Rising, and a few others.

liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 liquidsnake1987
[QUOTE="club-sandwich"][QUOTE="welltarnation"]

welltarnation

its just a small upgrade from the xbox versions, so here at system wars we consider it as a non exclusive
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Nintendo is the only company not known for doing anything immoral (ditching Sony no one cares about, and everyone forgot about them/doesn't care that they monopolized the market a long time ago)salamisandwich

Wrong. In the NES days they made all developers sign contracts that they would not develope for any system but the NES, which caused their competitors' systems to be disasterous (fortunately, Sega sued them when they made the Genesis, and won. But then, Nintendo tried to pressure retailers into not stocking Genesis, threatening not to let them sell Nintendo products if they did. They lost that one, as well, fortunately. The point of all this is that these are money grubbing corporations, and they all have skeletons in their closets. Nintendo has dollar signs in mind with everything they do, not the well being of their customers. Hence, the Virtual Boy (no good games and makes you go blind).

liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 liquidsnake1987
[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"][QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]The games coming out later this year. :|club-sandwich

And don't forget about CoD2, DoA4, PDZ, Oblivion, FarCry, Saints Row, Dead Rising, and a few others.

but which game really set the 360 in motion, it was gears of wars, the 360 picked up after that
welltarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 welltarnation
Dead Rising was pretty cool out of that list. I liked Oblivion on my PC much better though.
metaldave9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 metaldave9999
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts

PC gaming and Wii FTW. Best of both worlds and so customizable with the Wii remote for mods.

Halo 3 is one game, and it will be out on PC eventually anyway.

Red Rings, overheating systems and Halo 3 discs that can kill the Hard Drive upon boot up.

Is there REALLY any reason to not buy other consoles instead of 360 right now?

PC has almost all of the 360's games and the Wii has Metroid, Galaxy and Smash Bros.

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 club-sandwich
[QUOTE="club-sandwich"][QUOTE="welltarnation"]

welltarnation

it was released for Xbox but with a different name, Ninja Gaiden Black.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
RROD. Too expensive. Not a good enough variety of games. Paying for online play.
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pimpshigity21

1. Gears of War and Bioshock are not exclusive. I have a decent PC. I didn't like Halo 3, PDZ, or Blue Dragon.welltarnation

Oh no, what will MS do now?

welltarnation

PS3 flops this year = Heavenly Sword, Lair, Warhawk.

Funny how you forgot to list Lair as an exclusive...

I would also include RFOM as flop after all the hype...and Motorstorm is nothing to write home about.

PS3 exclusives are pathetic. Why even bring them up?

3. I'm a movie buff and own 34 Bluray movies.welltarnation

Woopidoo

4. PS3 upscales movies very well now, I use it over my Oppo.welltarnation

Woopidoo again. Seem like you bought the PS3 to play movies. Yeah, I guess that would be the #1 reason to get that conso...err...movie player.

welltarnation

Have fun playing old crap and waiting for new quality stuff to be released. I hope you don't have to wait forever.

PS3: Live in the past - Wait for the future.

afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 afmsquid
Member since 2006 • 1623 Posts
Yes! Warhawk on PS3, along with PS3's DVD up converting and Blu Ray playback capabilities. And, yes, I am a Lemming.
welltarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 welltarnation
I honestly don't know a reason to buy a 360 besides Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery. The other games I want will be or already are available for the PC. I can even use my HD DVD add on on my computer.
welltarnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 welltarnation
[QUOTE="welltarnation"]

1. Gears of War and Bioshock are not exclusive. I have a decent PC. I didn't like Halo 3, PDZ, or Blue Dragon.Pimpshigity21

welltarnation

I would also include RFOM as flop after all the hype...and Motorstorm is nothing to write home about.

Woopidoo

Woopidoo again. Seem like you bought the PS3 to play movies. Yeah, I guess that would be the #1 reason to get that conso...err...movie player.

welltarnation

Have fun playing old crap and waiting for new quality stuff to be released. I hope you don't have to wait forever.

I didn't list Lair or RFoM because I only listed reasons for me. He asked for reasons, so I gave them. I don't like either of those games. Heavenly Sword wasn't a flop. Have you played it? I don't really understand some of your responses to my list, I think you're just reaching honestly.

liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 liquidsnake1987
[QUOTE="welltarnation"]

1. Gears of War and Bioshock are not exclusive. I have a decent PC. I didn't like Halo 3, PDZ, or Blue Dragon.Pimpshigity21

welltarnation

Woopidoo

welltarnation

heavenly sword and warhawk are not considered flops here at system wars, it was made clear that they were hyped AA and both hit that mark
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pimpshigity21

I hope you mean CoD2 because CoD3 sucked (gamespot score be damned)

laughingman42

Yeah...I fixed it.

CoD3 did suck. I only played 2/10 of the single player.

The mulitplayer, however, is extremely good.

Cows are lucky that they will get COD4. That game is incredible.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ermacness
[QUOTE="welltarnation"]

welltarnation

Woopidoo

welltarnation

funny that you call warhawk a flop but all along it was hyped AA and what was the final review here on gs??!?!?!? 8.5 which is what??!? AA so you logic upon warhawk flopping has failed and resistance sold just over 2 mill copies while PDZ (a 360's AAA exclusive title) sold less than that and motorstorm sold over 1 mill now it might not be anything to write home about but to deny that motorstorm isn't a good game is just redundant don't you agree??!?!?
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pimpshigity21

heavenly sword and warhawk are not considered flops here at system wars, it was made clear that they were hyped AA and both hit that mark
liquidsnake1987

Sorry, both were hyped AAA. Maybe not by you, but there were many Cows foolish enough to hype away.

Regardless of what the GS hype or score, those games are terrible exclusives ([Edit: Lair is uncontrolable] one is online only and the other is extremely short).

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"][QUOTE="welltarnation"]

1. Gears of War and Bioshock are not exclusive. I have a decent PC. I didn't like Halo 3, PDZ, or Blue Dragon.liquidsnake1987

welltarnation

Woopidoo

welltarnation

actually HS was hyped AAA so that game flopped, but it still was a good game and still looks better than 85% of the 360 line-up NOW
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 club-sandwich
[QUOTE="club-sandwich"][QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]

Nope...I was playing CoD3 and GRAW way before Gears came out. liquidsnake1987

but which game really set the 360 in motion, it was gears of wars, the 360 picked up after that

that was GRAW, not Gears, cows just say that to "proove" that it took a year for the 360 to get a real next-gen game.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]heavenly sword and warhawk are not considered flops here at system wars, it was made clear that they were hyped AA and both hit that mark
Pimpshigity21

Sorry, both were hyped AAA. Maybe not by you, but there were many Cows foolish enough to hype away.

Regardless of what the GS hype or score, those games are terrible exclusives (one is uncontrolable and the other is extremely short).

you are both wrong HS was hyped AAA and floped and warhawk was hyped AA and didnt flop.

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts
Im not a halo fan.
I want HD movies
i want free wifi
i want FREE online play
i dont want a fan  next to my system
I dont want the Red Ring

I dont want xbox 360. 

im a ps3 guy.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ermacness

[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]heavenly sword and warhawk are not considered flops here at system wars, it was made clear that they were hyped AA and both hit that mark
Pimpshigity21

umm i dont know where you got your news from, but warhawk was hyped AA because of the online only news and that game hit it's mark sorry for the bad news my friend

Regardless of what the GS hype or score, those games are terrible exclusives ([Edit: Lair is uncontrolable] one is online only and the other is extremely short).

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Im not a halo fan.
I want HD movies
i want free wifi
i want FREE online play
i dont want a fan next to my system
I dont want the Red Ring

I dont want xbox 360.

im a ps3 guy.springz300

So you don't want games? :) Sony's got you covered there.

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pimpshigity21
[QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

laughingman42

Regardless of what the GS hype or score, those games are terrible exclusives (one is uncontrolable and the other is extremely short).

you are both wrong HS was hyped AAA and floped and warhawk was hyped AA and didnt flop.

Both were hyped AAA until early reports and criticism started to appear on various sites. When Cows realized what was going on, they backtracked faster than you can say "flop".

I was here. I read the posts. All the denying in the world will not make us forget. I'm too lazy to go look for those old posts...but we all know they exist.

Heck, Lair was hyped even before the PS3 was released.

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts

[QUOTE="springz300"]Im not a halo fan.
I want HD movies
i want free wifi
i want FREE online play
I dont want the Red Ring

I dont want xbox 360.

im a ps3 guy.BioShockOwnz

yeahh because i bought a ps3 just sit it on a shelf and  look at it:roll:.

i DONT like halo enough to pay $350.
I Love socom
god of war
gran turismo
metal gear solid. 

therefore i bought a playstation
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ermacness

[QUOTE="springz300"]Im not a halo fan.
I want HD movies
i want free wifi
i want FREE online play
I dont want the Red Ring

I dont want xbox 360.

im a ps3 guy.BioShockOwnz

resistance=over 2 mill sold, motorstorm=over 1 mill sold, and warhawk= lived up to it's hype and how many heavily hyped ps3 exclusive games are out as of now????!?!? umm 5 and out of those 5 4 of them are brand new IPs and only 2 of them isn't stellar (HS and lair) in which HS might be short, but thats tha only real problem with that game because the graphics make most of the 360 games look average at best (not all of them though) and the game have a really good story
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ermacness
[QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="Pimpshigity21"]

Pimpshigity21

Both were hyped AAA until early reports and criticism started to appear on various sites. When Cows realized what was going on, they backtracked faster than you can say "flop".

I was here. I read the posts. All the denying in the world will not make us forget. I'm too lazy to go look for those old posts...but we all know they exist.

Heck, Lair was hyped even before the PS3 was released.

ot doesn't matter what it was hyped before the ps3 was out the gs mods made a hype thread for warhawk and it was hyped at AA status and from the reviews it lived up to it's hype period
BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts

if it's so good why do you need to advertise games with 10 million dollars? heres a Song

Anything 360 can do ,

my PC can do Better

Your Consoles are late

i been playing online forever

360 has nothing for me

peacebringer

I love that song it's a smash hit all hermits should sing along:

My pc is better than your 360 (sings along )