Hermits --- You always resort to using mods as your ownage against consoles

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Yeah, that's fair! :lol: You always use "we have the mods" to own lemmings.  Lemmings get it!  You have the uber, awesome mods and lemmings don't.  Are lemmings jealous?  Perhaps.  But it is still not fair of you to use "we have mods" as ownage every time!  It gets old.  Take Oblivion, for example. 

When this game debuted for 360 and PC, GameSpot cmarked the 360 version with the "best" tag.  GameSpot was doing a fair comparison...the PC version as is vs. the 360 version.   Without mods, the 360 version is considered better by GameSpot.  360 games NEVER HAVE MODS, so how is it fair to compare a modded PC game to the 360 counterpart?  The answer is, it isn't fair. 

I find it funny that it takes all thse user created mods for hermits to fully enjoy a game.  Saying "we have the mods" as ownage only makes it appear that you don't enjoy a game much without mods.  It is like saying "the developer didn't give us what we want, so we have to change aspects of the game to make it playable for us".  

Try comparing UNMODDED PC games to 360 counterparts next time...after all, it is the more fair thing to do. 

BTW, you don't see lemmings saying to hermits, "We have the achievement points and you don't!" 

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#2 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

BTW, you don't see lemmings saying to hermits, "We have the achievement points and you don't!"

AvIdGaMeR444

Are achievement points a good incentive to play mediocre console games? 

swaginator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 swaginator
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dgsag

Achievements make any game worth playing:D.
Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Peter_Darkstar
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts

Ok..unmodded PC game versus an xbox 360 game...

All I see are clearly better graphics and much better performance.

hamumu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hamumu
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts

It's considered better because it showcased what the 360 can do. Hence, they rated it higher.

And GS still says that the controls and graphics are superior on the PC version without mods.

"On a high-end PC, you can get the game looking even better,"

"Controls are as good on the Xbox 360 as on the PC, though using the PC's number keys is a little easier than using the 360 controller's D pad for quickly switching between items and powers." 

Illumination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Illumination
Member since 2005 • 2109 Posts

Yeah, that's fair! :lol: You always use "we have the mods" to own lemmings. Lemmings get it! You have the uber, awesome mods and lemmings don't. Are lemmings jealous? Perhaps. But it is still not fair of you to use "we have mods" as ownage every time! It gets old. Take Oblivion, for example.

When this game debuted for 360 and PC, GameSpot cmarked the 360 version with the "best" tag. GameSpot was doing a fair comparison...the PC version as is vs. the 360 version. Without mods, the 360 version is considered better by GameSpot. 360 games NEVER HAVE MODS, so how is it fair to compare a modded PC game to the 360 counterpart? The answer is, it isn't fair.

I find it funny that it takes all thse user created mods for hermits to fully enjoy a game. Saying "we have the mods" as ownage only makes it appear that you don't enjoy a game much without mods. It is like saying "the developer didn't give us what we want, so we have to change aspects of the game to make it playable for us".

Try comparing UNMODDED PC games to 360 counterparts next time...after all, it is the more fair thing to do.

AvIdGaMeR444

The gamespot review is wrong. Oblivions is better on PC due to mods and mouse & keyboard use.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Everytime a hermit resorts to mods to make an arguement, they have already lost.

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
but modds are one of the great things about PC gaming just like online is one of the great things about 360.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AvIdGaMeR444
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dgsag

Why do all hermits assume console games are "mediocre" or just plain bad when this is clearly not the case...

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JPOBS

The gamespot review is wrong. Oblivions is better on PC due to mods and mouse & keyboard use.

Illumination77
would you rather gamespot wait months to review the game so they can pack in all the mods as well?
Core0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Core0
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

All I see is are clearly better graphics and much better performance.

Peter_Darkstar

This

Plus, why the hell aren't mods "fair"? Yes, the 360 doesn't support mods. The 360 has generally weaker hardware, et cetera as well. If mods are unfair, then comparing the console version to the PC in general isn't really fair either, see? 

purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts

Mods are like expansion packs.

Except free.

And more awesome. 

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Life isn't fair. You learn that when you get out of high school. Maybe before.
demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts
If I could put more ram into my PS3 or 360 and have the games take advantage of it, I would. But evey game I put into my console works with out the fear of having to upgrade. There are pros and cons to each, depending on your know how it can vary.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

I guess achievements, entitlements, and Home must mean that PS3 and 360 games are so boring and unfulfilling that you need extra incentives to play and beat the game.

Right? 

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dgsag

how mature.

Cycloptis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Cycloptis
Member since 2004 • 18249 Posts

It doesn't matter whether it's fair or not.

Mods exist, and are a realistic option for enhancing great games (though in Oblivion's case, they're used for fixing the gameplay) .

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Mods are nice.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
[QUOTE="dgsag"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

AvIdGaMeR444

Why do all hermits assume console games are "mediocre" or just plain bad when this is clearly not the case...

Anyone whos played Oblivion that CAN mod will change the CRAPTASTIC leveling system back to morrowind standard, prime example there, oblivion's gameplay was rushed and ****

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#20 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

marklarmer

how mature.

Isn't it? I was just asking an honest question. 

Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Peter_Darkstar
[QUOTE="Illumination77"]

JPOBS

would you rather gamespot wait months to review the game so they can pack in all the mods as well?

Did you ever think a possibility for the lower score was because of standards?

A PC game is assumed to look and play amazingly when its reviewed, and the reviewer most likely compared Oblivion's quality to other games he has rated.

When Oblivion came out on the 360, it was considered revolutionary. At the time it had the best visuals of any console game ever released. 

joeblak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 joeblak
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
Is it the hermits' fault that they have free mods at their disposal?
D_Znuhtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 D_Znuhtz
Member since 2004 • 2276 Posts

Yeah, that's fair! :lol: You always use "we have the mods" to own lemmings. Lemmings get it! You have the uber, awesome mods and lemmings don't. Are lemmings jealous? Perhaps. But it is still not fair of you to use "we have mods" as ownage every time! It gets old. Take Oblivion, for example.

When this game debuted for 360 and PC, GameSpot cmarked the 360 version with the "best" tag. GameSpot was doing a fair comparison...the PC version as is vs. the 360 version. Without mods, the 360 version is considered better by GameSpot. 360 games NEVER HAVE MODS, so how is it fair to compare a modded PC game to the 360 counterpart? The answer is, it isn't fair.

I find it funny that it takes all thse user created mods for hermits to fully enjoy a game. Saying "we have the mods" as ownage only makes it appear that you don't enjoy a game much without mods. It is like saying "the developer didn't give us what we want, so we have to change aspects of the game to make it playable for us".

AvIdGaMeR444

Yeah totally man I think you nailed it on the head never read anything like this its opened my eyes I'm a changed man you're awesome this is right on wow mind blowing we should hang out sometime. 

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AvIdGaMeR444
[QUOTE="Peter_Darkstar"]

Core0

This

Plus, why the hell aren't mods "fair"? Yes, the 360 doesn't support mods. The 360 has generally weaker hardware, et cetera as well. If mods are unfair, then comparing the console version to the PC in general isn't really fair either, see? 

No, I don't see.  Mods are basically user created "hacks" to change the game data and make it "more user friendly" or tolerable, or better.  360 doesn't have that advantage.  Mods are unfair, because they aren't what the developer intended the game to be and aren't from the developers.  The fair thing is to compair the ACTUAL GAME WITH NO MODS to the 360 counterpart.  That is fair. 

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JPOBS
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Illumination77"]

Peter_Darkstar

A PC game is assumed to look and play amazingly when its reviewed, and the reviewer most likely compared Oblivion's quality to other games he has rated.

When Oblivion came out on the 360, it was considered revolutionary. At the time it had the best visuals of any console game ever released.

That didnt answer the question.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
[QUOTE="Core0"][QUOTE="Peter_Darkstar"]

AvIdGaMeR444

This

No, I don't see. Mods are basically user created "hacks" to change the game data and make it "more user friendly" or tolerable, or better. 360 doesn't have that advantage. Mods are unfair, because they aren't what the developer intended the game to be and aren't from the developers. The fair thing is to compair the ACTUAL GAME WITH NO MODS to the 360 counterpart. That is fair.

Except most developers provide tools for mod making. Or was the editor for Oblivion just a "hack"  that the developers never intended. A good deal of games bring level editing and mod creation tools.

PC games have the capability to support mods. Thats an ability of the game. Or should we considered how it was unfair to judge Xbox games vs. the GC and PS2 because it had online capabilities? Of course not. Its part of the game - and making a game more mod friendly so that the community can take advantage of it is part of the game.

Peter_Darkstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Peter_Darkstar
[QUOTE="D_Znuhtz"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

AvIdGaMeR444

Yeah totally man I think you nailed it on the head never read anything like this its opened my eyes I'm a changed man you're awesome this is right on wow mind blowing we should hang out sometime.

I forgot to mention that hermits usually use sarcasm and turn their chin up acting like they are superior by belittling console users....Thanx for proving my point!!

Most hermits own consoles... 

Core0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Core0
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

AvIdGaMeR444

This

No, I don't see. Mods are basically user created "hacks" to change the game data and make it "more user friendly" or tolerable, or better. 360 doesn't have that advantage. Mods are unfair, because they aren't what the developer intended the game to be and aren't from the developers. The fair thing is to compair the ACTUAL GAME WITH NO MODS to the 360 counterpart. That is fair.

Uhh,

A) The PC still wins even if we do what you propose 

B) Again, those games also take advantage of PC's superior hardware as well. So, utilizing that happens to be as "unfair" as using the platform's modding capabilities, which is as well bound into its technological, hardware-dependent base.

C) Finally, what matters to me is what I can get from the PC version of it and the 360 version. If I pick up the PC version why WOULDN'T I use mods? What reason do I have NOT to use them? Considering that, if you simply set the PC version as I will play it next to the console version as I could play it, the PC will win. Yes, with mods.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

AvIdGaMeR444

Ownage is ownage no matter if its fair or not. Mods make a game better and thats a fact you can't dispute. Its not fair lol. Oh wow I thought I've heard it all up until now. Its not fair :cry: 

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Makari
>No, I don't see. Mods are basically user created "hacks" to change the game data and make it "more user friendly" or tolerable, or better. 360 doesn't have that advantage. Mods are unfair, because they aren't what the developer intended the game to be and aren't from the developers. The fair thing is to compair the ACTUAL GAME WITH NO MODS to the 360 counterpart. That is fair.AvIdGaMeR444
If the developers didn't intend it, why do they go through so much effort to provide and support the mod tools? The game as the developer intended got a 9.6 due to some flaws. When people fix those flaws, is it a bad thing, really? Like I said, life isn't fair.
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

dgsag

To lemmings, it is:?
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Makari

FrenziedRaldo24

To lemmings, it is:?

they would be to me, too, i think. just having some tiny bit of permanency attached to whatever you're playing makes it that tiny bit more fun.. like getting badges in bf2 or 2142. i wanna get 'em all, even if they really don't matter in the actual gameplay.
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts

Mods add a lot the gameplay experience, and gives games far more replay value than achievements.  I'd rather have a new part of the game, rather than feel the need to unlock a title or something else that's useless.

However, i think custom maps, like in RTS games, are far better than mods.  While similar to mods, they are made with an in-game editor.  I loved Tower Wars, all the Mythodea levels, and so many others from Age of Mythology.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

AvIdGaMeR444

This

Developers intend for their games to be modded....Thats why they provide us tools to do it with. 

NickyJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NickyJD
Member since 2007 • 231 Posts
Mods are nice to play around with but they're never as good as the original game and frankly I would rather move onto a new game than continue to suck the life out of it with mods that are usually only average at best,
NickyJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NickyJD
Member since 2007 • 231 Posts
[QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Illumination77"]

Peter_Darkstar

PGR3 looked better than Oblivion, I would hardly call it revolutionary, it had crappy draw distance and terrible loading times. Morrowind 1.5

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cobrax75

Mods are nice to play around with but they're never as good as the original game and frankly I would rather move onto a new game than continue to suck the life out of it with mods that are usually only average at best,NickyJD

there have been many incidents where modding teams have been bought out by the Devs of a game....Valve is well known for doing this.....

But mods like Desert Combat...were easily far better then BF1942, and were more popular. 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

AvIdGaMeR444

You do know, that in a GS article that came out a little after Oblivions release,  they stated that if you have a high-end PC, the PC version was better. Why wouldn't it be? It has better graphics, faster and shorter load times. There is absolutely no reason for the 360 version to be better, because it's the exact same game.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 trix5817

[QUOTE="NickyJD"]Mods are nice to play around with but they're never as good as the original game and frankly I would rather move onto a new game than continue to suck the life out of it with mods that are usually only average at best,cobrax75

there have been many incidents where modding teams have been bought out by the Devs of a game....Valve is well known for doing this.....

But mods like Desert Combat...were easily far better then BF1942, and were more popular.

Not to mention the devs who made Desert Combat, are now making Frontlines:Fuels of War, a full retail game. I don't see how mods can be bad in any way. They are FREE. 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 trix5817
Oblivion would be terrible if weren't for mods. So many things that annoyed me in that game.
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
I would explain, but its obvious you haven't a clue what you are talking about.
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
When we can't download mods, we'll stop counting them.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cobrax75
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

[QUOTE="NickyJD"]Mods are nice to play around with but they're never as good as the original game and frankly I would rather move onto a new game than continue to suck the life out of it with mods that are usually only average at best,trix5817

Not to mention the devs who made Desert Combat, are now making Frontlines:Fuels of War, a full retail game. I don't see how mods can be bad in any way. They are FREE.

yep luckily, Desert Combat is being remade for BF2.

also, Epic hosted a modding tournament a while back....The winner was "Red Orchestra" which became a full game. 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 trix5817

AvIdGaMeR444

This

Your logic is flawed. Whether it's fair or not DOES NOT MATTER. What matters is who get's to actually PLAY the better game. And in Oblivions case, it's PC gamers. Mods are HUGE. Stop crying, and get over it. The devs made Oblivion easy to mod on purpose. 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 trix5817

Mods are nice to play around with but they're never as good as the original game and frankly I would rather move onto a new game than continue to suck the life out of it with mods that are usually only average at best,NickyJD

Mods don't have to be whole new games, as in Oblivions case. I advise you to read up more about what mods actually are. Oh, and I play the Point of Existence 2 and Project Reality mods much more than I play BF2. They improve on it and make the game much more suitable to my liking. 

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

BTW, you don't see lemmings saying to hermits, "We have the achievement points and you don't!" AvIdGaMeR444

No but i see them using it as a way to "own" PS3 fanboys all the time. The good thing is (if your into that crap) both PC & PS3 will have acheivement points or a similar system in the near future.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 trix5817
[QUOTE="Peter_Darkstar"][QUOTE="JPOBS"][QUOTE="Illumination77"]

NickyJD

PGR3 looked better than Oblivion, I would hardly call it revolutionary, it had crappy draw distance and terrible loading times. Morrowind 1.5

Wow, you must be blind. Oh, and the PC version had amazing draw distances, and loaded in about a 2 seconds or less, all while having less loading times then the 360 version. But yep, the 360 version is superior! 

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

swaginator

Achievements make any game worth playing:D.

Achievments made me play games I would otherwise never take a second look at, the good thing about that though is that a few of those games really impressed me.

ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 ccgod
Member since 2003 • 7915 Posts
well mods better graphics smoother gameplay and M&K, no over heating, games are cheaper, yea i guess 360 beats all of that