have you been playing games to long to learn to play games like lair

This topic is locked from further discussion.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

in a recent EGM interview with Julian Eggebrecht of Lair developer Factor 5, he says the reason for the poor reviews is down too the inability for the reviewer ( a hardcore gamer) too forget his many years of dpad and stick controls and adapt too the new motion style controls and the people who played the game for the first time faired far better at taking too the new controll method.

so have you been playing games too long too adapt too learn a new way of controlling games or is this the ramblings of a devoloper making excuses for his below par game

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
An excuse, I've been playing games on a keyboard and mouse since I was 9 and I had no problem useing the Xbox controller(when I was 13)
Izuki_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Izuki_Ghost
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts

*Gramar Nazi mode on*

The title should say "Are hardcore gamers too set in their ways to learn to play games like Lair?"

*Nazi mode off*

Wait till Super Mario Galaxy is released, as that looks like a strange control system. Probably an excuse though.

Kizzle28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Kizzle28
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

in a recent EGM interview with Julian Eggebrecht of Lair developer Factor 5, he says the reason for the poor reviews is down too the inability for the reviewer ( a hardcore gamer) too forget his many years of dpad and stick controls and adapt too the new motion style controls and the people who played the game for the first time faired far better at taking too the new controll method.

so have you been playing games too long too adapt too learn a new way of controlling games or is this the ramblings of a devoloper making excuses for his below par game

doobie1975

That is just sour grapes. Sony hyped this game to no end, and it sucked, pure and simple. I played the game myself, and guess what, it sucked. There is no getting around the motion controls are just sluggish and unresponsive. In reality, gamers are thrilled to play games that have interesting control schemes or motion control or whatever. Sorry, Julian, you made an inferior Rogue Squadron with dragons. You'll have to learn to accept it.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
it wouldnt be a problem if the motion controlls actualy worked..
Sundevil619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sundevil619
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
Look at the Wii reviews and you will see that there not stuck in there ways you moron