Halo2Anniversary Gravemind preview (60FPS-FullHD)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

Enjoy, and GREAT job 343...BRAVO!

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I can not watch anymore videos since I am saving it for while I play. The game looks amazing though.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -RocBoys9489-
@CanYouDiglt said:

I can not watch anymore videos since I am saving it for while I play. The game looks amazing though.

I can't blame you, if you haven't seen the 60FPS effect on Halo...it's drastic!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I don't see the big deal with the Halo franchise. I played Spartan Assault, and it didn't appeal to me at all. Felt like a mobile game, but it has a lot of fans, so it must be doing something right.

Not for me though.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By -RocBoys9489-

@freedomfreak said:

I don't see the big deal with the Halo franchise. I played Spartan Assault, and it didn't appeal to me at all. Felt like a mobile game, but it has a lot of fans, so it must be doing something right.

Not for me though.

I have Spartan Assault on my Surface 2, it is definitely a mobile/tablet game. I'd never play it on an Xbox console.

And as for the big deal with the Halo franchise, it's just highly social. So naturally, a lot of people are excited you can online co-op all of these updated Halo campaigns all on one disc.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
@-RocBoys9489- said:

I have Spartan Assault on my Surface 2, it is definitely a mobile/tablet game. I'd never play it on an Xbox console.

Oh, I thought it was an Xbox exclusive franchise. Didn't know Halo was also on mobile/tablets.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I thought they confirmed that Halo2 was the one game in MCC that isnt all the way FullHD(1080p)

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

the video does'nt quite work in Chrome. It's fine at low resolutions but as soon as I choose 720p60 or 1080p60, the video disappears. It's not even black really, I just can't see anything... Weird.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -RocBoys9489-
@MlauTheDaft said:

the video does'nt quite work in Chrome. It's fine at low resolutions but as soon as I choose 720p60 or 1080p60, the video disappears. It's not even black really, I just can't see anything... Weird.

Yea, that happened to me yesterday when I tried the new 60 FPS feature. Oddly enough, it just randomly started working for me today. Try IE, I hear it works well on there.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By -RocBoys9489-
@lostrib said:

I thought they confirmed that Halo2 was the one game in MCC that isnt all the way FullHD(1080p)

Yea, it's not, but it still looks great! :P

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Only thing I don't like is the electrified look when your shields go down

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I grew tired of the series after Halo 2 I sure as hell don't want to revisit it.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -RocBoys9489-

@freedomfreak said:
@-RocBoys9489- said:

Oh, I thought it was an Xbox exclusive franchise. Didn't know Halo was also on mobile/tablets.

I just checked, the game was developed for mobile/tablet first, then ported to console.

Anyways, if you enjoy FPS and own an Xbox, I would not pass up this collection. There is just an astounding amount of value with it, it's the Orange Box on steroids.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
@-RocBoys9489- said:

I just checked, the game was developed for mobile/tablet first, then ported to console.

Anyways, if you enjoy FPS and own an Xbox, I would not pass up this collection. There is just an astounding amount of value with it, it's the Orange Box on steroids.

FPS? I thought this was a top down shooter.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 freedomfreak
@davillain- said:

That was a Mobile/Tablet game you were playing on, it's not part of the main Halo games, Spartan Assault was just a cash-grab. As for the Halo franchise, depends on how how you look at it but Halo: Combat Evolve did revolutionize the FPS genre back when Xbox was still new to the gaming world. When Halo became a smashing hit, every gaming Co. wanted to start working FPS because it was a thing, Sony wanted there own Halo game and they made Killzone, [Still love Killzone] Nintendo pretty much warrant into FPS but they did made Metroid: Prime to compete with MS and Sony so that's why Halo has always been so popular.

Damn. That whole franchise just went past me. I thought Spartan Assault was one of the many Halo top down shooters.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@lostrib said:

They did confirm all games would be 1080P EXCEPT for Halo 2 because it's running 2 engines at once.

So the thread title is a big lie.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:
@-RocBoys9489- said:

FPS? I thought this was a top down shooter.

Nobody talks about First Person Shooters anymore, it's all about Frames Per Second.

hardcorelite25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 hardcorelite25
Member since 2014 • 47 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

Not for me though.

Same here. Its been there done that. same games from last decade. Im more fan of complicated shooters myself.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I LOVE how the Gravemind speaks in prose - such a great job of writing by Joseph Staten.

I? I am a monument to all your sins!

One of my favorite lines from all all video game history.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

I LOVE how the Gravemind speaks in prose - such a great job of writing by Joseph Staten.

I? I am a monument to all your sins!

One of my favorite lines from all all video game history.

the dialogue is incredible, too the bad levels that involve flood are shit. one of my fav lines of halo is actually from halo 4 'so fades the great harvest of my betrayal' and 'the forerunners are back, this tomb is now yours'.

i really like the halo universe but the story writing just sucks, if they can get someone talented working on it then it can be truly special

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I wish Sony would do this with their old PS2 games, but I really cant think of a game that would be great as a Remake other than God of War 1 and 2. Killzone 1? no thanks. Adventure games like Jak and Daxter arent really worth remastering...

I want Kojima to remake MGS1 tho... he said he wanted to aswell.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#23  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@davillain- said:

@freedomfreak said:

Not for me though.

That was a Mobile/Tablet game you were playing on, it's not part of the main Halo games, Spartan Assault was just a cash-grab. As for the Halo franchise, depends on how how you look at it but Halo: Combat Evolve did revolutionize the FPS genre back when Xbox was still new to the gaming world. When Halo became a smashing hit, every gaming Co. wanted to start working FPS because it was a thing, Sony wanted there own Halo game and they made Killzone, [Still love Killzone] Nintendo pretty much warrant into FPS but they did made Metroid: Prime to compete with MS and Sony so that's why Halo has always been so popular.

You missed the joke.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

I wish Sony would do this with their old PS2 games, but I really cant think of a game that would be great as a Remake other than God of War 1 and 2. Killzone 1? no thanks. Adventure games like Jak and Daxter arent really worth remastering...

Didn't the MGS1 remake get shot down though?

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By -RocBoys9489-

@freedomfreak said:
@davillain- said:

Damn. That whole franchise just went past me. I thought Spartan Assault was one of the many Halo top down shooters.

lmao good one

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Halo 2 isn't full HD as stated in this thread's title incorrectly, Halo 2 is not 1080p M$ confirmed (Linky).

Halo 2 in this collection is running at 60fps but at a resolution of 1328x1080 (1080p = 1920x1080 native).

It's a good collection for those that haven't played them in awhile. I still own all the Halos, bought every single one of them at their midnight launches, and I have the Collector's Editions with statues, Master Chief Helmets, and collector's cases. I've already spent my allotment of money on Halo and then I spent more.

I've played the online of Halo 2-3-Reach-4 so much over the years and even Halo Reach which isn't in this collection. I even have two original Xbox 1's that are green Halo editions. I might get this collection for $20 next year, but I'm more interested in Halo 5. I spent gobs of money upgrading from 360 to Xbone to ensure I get new game experiences I never played before and remasters of games I already own like Tomb Raider, GTA5, Zelda Wind Waker, The Last of Us, Metro Redux, or Halo collection fall by the wayside. I don't have a problem with this collection, but as a fan I'm just not excited for any remasters of games I have sitting around and can play again right now.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidTy

@SolidTy said:

Halo 2 isn't full HD as stated in this thread's title incorrectly, Halo 2 is not 1080p M$ confirmed (Linky).

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

They did confirm all games would be 1080P EXCEPT for Halo 2 because it's running 2 engines at once.

He doesn't want to change the misleading title that is incorrect I suppose? This is about the 15th misleading 'Halo 2 full HD!/1080p' thread title I've seen around gamespot.com in the past few months. Usually when corrected, a Topic Creator (TC) will revise the misleading, incorrect title. However, a couple of times we have run across a real hard ass fanboys that actually lie on purpose and hope they don't get called out on it because if they are, they won't budge. It's more rare to run across those types, but they exist and they are more on the extreme side of fanboyism. This thread is pretty new though, so I'm not sure where we are at yet.

I am not sure where the confusion comes from since 343 mentioned the truth that Halo 2 HD isn't full HD (1080p) back way back in July regarding their work on Bungie's Halo 2, but it doesn't help when the topic creator's intentionally fib. I understand unintentionally misleading due to being ignorant to the latest updates, but once a TC knows the truth, it's not hard to edit a thread unless you have a different agenda (around SW the agenda is usually fanboy oriented). Sometimes trolling commences and a lot of butthurt deflection starts by super fanboys (denial), but that's not my intention. I'm just dropping off the information linked above.

I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days.

----

As far as this Halo collection:

It's quite a good value. This particular 4 Halo game collection is a good deal compared to other remasters (reminds me of Orange Box package that included five games or the God of War Saga HD collection of five HD games), but this Halo package not up my alley as I own all these games and played them tons. I think the MCC collection has more value depending on how much you played the previous Halos and which Halos you own. I bought the previous Halos at full price, I played them tons, and I bought various collector's editions with statues and helmets that I just can't justify dropping another full $60 on very expensive games packages I still own. Maybe next year for $20 down the road, but I'm more interested in Halo 5 tbh.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

Didn't the MGS1 remake get shot down though?

please... dont tell me thats true, no god please no!

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Who friggin cares if Halo 2 isnt full 1080p? This collection is multitudes better than any similar one that Sony or Ninty has put out.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By -RocBoys9489-

I didn't change the title as I meant the YouTube video is full HD lol. Yea the game natively isn't, I figured everybody around these parts knew that. I understand why you won't be buying the collection Solid. Me on the other hand? I can't wait to play Halo 1/2 online again, and co-op the games with my friends all on one disc. The graphical updates are amazing too, I've always wanted to play Halo 3/4 @60 FPS. Nobody plays Halo 1/2 online on PC anymore, and it's nice to play Halo the way it was meant to be played: on a couch, with a controller, on an Xbox. I haven't played these campaigns for years either, so that certainly helps. Honestly, I think I'm most excited to revisit Halo 4 since I spent almost no time with in back in 2012 due to me building my current PC.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidTy

@-RocBoys9489- said:

I didn't change the title as I meant the YouTube video is full HD lol. Yea the game natively isn't, I figured everybody around these parts knew that. I understand why you won't be buying the collection Solid. Me on the other hand? I can't wait to play Halo 1/2 online again, and co-op the games with my friends all on one disc. The graphical updates are amazing too, I've always wanted to play Halo 3/4 @60 FPS. Nobody plays Halo 1/2 online on PC anymore, and it's nice to play Halo the way it was meant to be played: on a couch, with a controller, on an Xbox.

Yes, if you can find the value in dropping another $60 and are jonesin to play those again, I understand. I wish I felt the same, but alas. I'm there for Halo 5 though, probably a C.E. version.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Halo 2 in this collection is running at 60fps but at a resolution of 1328x1080 (1080p = 1920x1080 native).

It's a good collection for those that haven't played them in awhile. I still own all the Halos, bought every single one of them at their midnight launches, and I have the Collector's Editions with statues, Master Chief Helmets, and collector's cases. I've already spent my allotment of money on Halo and then I spent more.

I've played the online of Halo 2-3-Reach-4 so much over the years and even Halo Reach which isn't in this collection. I even have two original Xbox 1's that are green Halo editions. I might get this collection for $20 next year, but I'm more interested in Halo 5. I spent gobs of money upgrading from 360 to Xbone to ensure I get new game experiences I never played before and remasters of games I already own like Tomb Raider, GTA5, Zelda Wind Waker, The Last of Us, Metro Redux, or Halo collection fall by the wayside. I don't have a problem with this collection, but as a fan I'm just not excited for any remasters of games I have sitting around and can play again right now.

At least it's a steady 60fps unlike TLOU remastered version, so enjoy that Mister Playstation Fanboy!!

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I have a feeling people aren't going to like this collection as much as they think they will. Halo 3 and 4 still play very well as modern shooters, but Halo 1 and 2 are a bit dated in design and feel. You really need to think old despite the upgraded visuals.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I have a feeling people aren't going to like this collection as much as they think they will. Halo 3 and 4 still play very well as modern shooters, but Halo 1 and 2 are a bit dated in design. You really need to think old despite the upgraded visuals.

The vast mulitplayer is going to be the best selling point.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

They did a great job with this collection,it looks great.I got this bad boy payed for already,cant wait to play though it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SolidTy

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

I've played the online of Halo 2-3-Reach-4 so much over the years and even Halo Reach which isn't in this collection. I even have two original Xbox 1's that are green Halo editions. I might get this collection for $20 next year, but I'm more interested in Halo 5. I spent gobs of money upgrading from 360 to Xbone to ensure I get new game experiences I never played before and...

remasters of games I already own like Tomb Raider, GTA5, Zelda Wind Waker, The Last of Us, Metro Redux, or Halo collection fall by the wayside.

I don't have a problem with this collection, but as a fan I'm just not excited for any remasters of games I have sitting around and can play again right now.

At least it's a steady 60fps unlike TLOU remastered version, so enjoy that Mister Playstation Fanboy!!

Oh golly, xhawk the xbawx super fan posts some inane scribble scratch on the boards yet again, lol. Better get that eraser ready.

Why did my post confuse you so much to post that chicken scratch of a thought? Who the hell is talking about TLOU at 60fps? Do you argue with imaginary people before you post? What don't you understand? Are you really dumb or is it an act to get pity? After a few years and seeing how you react to users (usually in a strawman fashion like above), I'm starting to believe you have a few screws loose. I posted a correction, dropped a link, and posted my thoughts on the Halo collection being a good collection. I even spoke of my C.E. versions of the games and huge dollars spent on Halo merchandise.

I don't give two shits about TLOU remastered and I did not buy that package, superfanboy. Learn 2 read, I posted my stance on TLOU and other remasters already above, lol. You know, you really don't have to act like a fool. Think before you post.

BTW: I'll answer in a way you understand. We don't know how steady the Halo collection is yet, lol. We only have access to PR. The Halo collection hasn't been scrutinized by Digital Foundry and other sites like TLOU remastered was, but considering Halo 2 is from two gens ago, it better be steady on Xbone XBOX FANBOY!!!! lol. Especially since it's not 1080p. The framerate was emphasized over the resolution, which is fine by me. It's a little early to be screaming though at users and yourself about how steady the Halo collection as it hasn't been released. After all, the fanboy part of your brain must remember that the information about TLOU frame rate came from Digital Foundry after the game released (er duh?). Same logic would apply to Halo Collection which is currently not released. DF will scrutinize it at a later date. No one really knows the FPS steadiness until the game is released. If I had to guess, Halo 3 and especially Halo 4 may have dips like TLOU as they too are last generation games. The end result of this package doesn't bother me though, I don't care as I own the games already. You seem to care A LOT. lol.

None of what you posted makes sense. It reveals you have poor reading comprehension skills, The strawman assertion about me caring about TLOU remastered which I don't (which indicates you think a lot about TLOU apparently to randomly bring it up), the judging of Halo collection's Frame rate prior to scrutiny by any site since the game's not released, the ad hominem declaration at the end.

You post is just littered with stupidity, I didn't know where to start. You just come off as really moronic and that honestly makes me feel bad for you. You can't be that stupid. However, in acting stupid, I don't see what you are achieving. It seems you are a HS drop out or perhaps a young child. You need to go back to school as you have very poor English, grammar, and logic skills, or stop acting like a fool in front of all your peers. You aren't accomplishing anything and this entire account you post with is just trolling out of complete ignorance for going on four years. How pointless. Do you want to make Lemmings look bad? That's what you are doing. Otherwise, I don't get it, lol. I don't WANT to feel bad for you. Is there a charity that helps people like you that maybe I can donate too? Let me know.

Back to the show:

I bought my Xbone for New generation experiences and I got launch Xbone supporting Xbox on launch day way before you mr. poser. Of course, you already know I supported Xbox before you after being called out time and time again for being a fakeboy troll in years past, haha. I bought my Wii U and PS4 for the same reasons (for new experiences) which is why I didn't buy TLOU remastered or Zelda Wind Waker HD.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I have a feeling people aren't going to like this collection as much as they think they will. Halo 3 and 4 still play very well as modern shooters, but Halo 1 and 2 are a bit dated in design and feel. You really need to think old despite the upgraded visuals.

good point and I\m hoping people realize that.. Going back and playing halo 1 and 2 should be a complete nostalgia effect.. It should feel like when we were playing them on the xbox for the first time and from what it looks like 343 has done that quite well. If the game reviews badly or people bash on it because of the outdated feel of halo 1 and 2.. well they've completely missed the point of the collection.. It's suppose to take us back to a time where FPS's were a little more simple.

IF and thats a big IF.. people can understand that, the collection will do well, review and retail wise.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k

@SolidTy:

Apparently some people find that 1080/60 is so important, so crucial for a console to do that they have to lie about it.

And yeah, I also think MCC is great value. But I just think it's a shame there is so much hype for re-releases like this and TLOU Remastered, especially when this is a new gen and there are loads of interesting NEW games coming out.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -RocBoys9489-

@SolidTy said:

@-RocBoys9489- said:

I didn't change the title as I meant the YouTube video is full HD lol. Yea the game natively isn't, I figured everybody around these parts knew that. I understand why you won't be buying the collection Solid. Me on the other hand? I can't wait to play Halo 1/2 online again, and co-op the games with my friends all on one disc. The graphical updates are amazing too, I've always wanted to play Halo 3/4 @60 FPS. Nobody plays Halo 1/2 online on PC anymore, and it's nice to play Halo the way it was meant to be played: on a couch, with a controller, on an Xbox.

Yes, if you can find the value in dropping another $60 and are jonesin to play those again, I understand. I wish I felt the same, but alas. I'm there for Halo 5 though, probably a C.E. version.

I almost guarantee by Black Friday you'll find the game for $30 or $40 Solid. Also, Target is doing a buy two, get one free on games the week of 11/11. Only stipulation that sucks with that is you need 3 games you really want for it to be worth it :P

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -RocBoys9489-
@R4gn4r0k said:

@SolidTy:

Apparently some people find that 1080/60 is so important, so crucial for a console to do that they have to lie about it.

And yeah, I also think MCC is great value. But I just think it's a shame there is so much hype for re-releases like this and TLOU Remastered, especially when this is a new gen and there are loads of interesting NEW games coming out.

There is still some great new value to the package, though. We get Halo Nightfall, Halo 5 beta, an hour of remade Blur cutscenes for Halo 2, more terminals for the story, six remastered Halo 2 maps, and 3 forge-world palets using the Halo 2 Anniversary engine. And now, 60 FPS on top of the updated graphics for CE/Halo 2. I think people will be shocked to see how well the games have held up, even in 2014. I remember playing CE Anniversary and couldn't believe how great it had held up to modern shooters; I could barely tell with the updated graphics that the game I was playing was from 2001!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy

@-RocBoys9489- said:

@SolidTy said:

@-RocBoys9489- said:

I almost guarantee by Black Friday you'll find the game for $30 or $40 Solid. Also, Target is doing a buy two, get one free on games the week of 11/11. Only stipulation that sucks with that is you need 3 games you really want for it to be worth it :P

Yes, you are right about Black Friday and Target B2G1F. I've already been thinking about both of those, but good looking out. It works out to $40 using Target assuming I find two other games, or possibly save another $10 or more by waiting till Black Friday.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

Halo 2 is 1080p. But it isnt 1920