halo 5 beta impressions (ends tomo)

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

started playing it again today after ages and i like the strongholds game mode. also br starts are awesome

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

started playing it again today after ages and i like the strongholds game mode. also br starts are awesome

Stronghold is very fun.

Match making servers are so bad though. Once you get into the game its fine, but my god the disconnects and ques.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ghostwarrior786

i am REALLY enjoying this game now. seems like they fixed the matchmaking thing so im being put up against people of similar skill and the games are really tight. most games there was only 5 kills difference which is awesome.

the br/ar starts changes the game completely, **** pistol i dont care about that piece of shit. 343 better have br/ar starts by default in slayer. base movement speed really needs to be increased though

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Looks like very other Halo... Shoot your weapon 734 times get 550 hits and then get a kill with melee or grenade... I'll pass. Glad I saw a video. I can't stand games that take so many hits to drop someone. If Halo were a 3-5 hit game I would like it much more. Is there an option to play without shields? There has to be right?

For those that were following any news on H-Hour Worlds Elite, Alpha starts soon, and then into closed beta.. followed by Steam Early Access in March. No health regen and 2-5 hits to drop someone (1 in the head or with a bolt action sniper rifle).. no aim assist, fast paced, full strafe speed, one life game modes. Oh Yeah. Check sofstudios.com I'm the lead mod, so if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ghostwarrior786

beta is ending tomo guys

@WitIsWisdom said:

Looks like very other Halo... Shoot your weapon 734 times get 550 hits and then get a kill with melee or grenade... I'll pass. Glad I saw a video. I can't stand games that take so many hits to drop someone. If Halo were a 3-5 hit game I would like it much more. Is there an option to play without shields? There has to be right?

For those that were following any news on H-Hour Worlds Elite, Alpha starts soon, and then into closed beta.. followed by Steam Early Access in March. No health regen and 2-5 hits to drop someone (1 in the head or with a bolt action sniper rifle).. no aim assist, fast paced, full strafe speed, one life game modes. Oh Yeah. Check sofstudios.com I'm the lead mod, so if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

try the new breakout gamemode, it has lower tpk so u might like it. and the br/dmr is 4 shot kill, just aim for the head

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Motokid6: don't think that game is supposed to be like COD.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I posted in another thread that was a dupe of this thread. I'll post it again:

---

I did like 3-4 hours and got bored. Eh.

It was okay, but it wasn't as compelling as Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach were to me. Then again, the Beta was very limiting.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I suck at competitive multiplayer, that's what I learned. The game itself seems pretty solid, a lot of good improvements to the multiplayer.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Love the match making of the beta, it is spot on.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ghostwarrior786

overall impression: beta grew on me mostly because of 1 reason: br starts. unless 343 state br start are default in slayer playlist i will not buy the game PERIOD. literally stopped playing when we had ar/pistol starts because its so garbage.

the 2 original maps are not good, the other 2 they added later (pegasus and some other one) were better maps. i want them to add some classic halo maps like the pitt, valhalla, guardian etc.

its decent beta but connection issues were horrible, still doesnt come close to gears 3 beta

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#112  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@WitIsWisdom: Its called an Arena shooter. It actually takes skill to take someone down. Where as with twitch shooters ( CoD and the like ) are whoever sees who first wins.

lol... Halo and skill..

CoD is trash as well. One life games like SOCOM, Counter Strike... and the upcoming H-Hour are what take skill. Talking about taking skill to use laser swords and having regenerating life ON TOP OF a shield? lol... thanks, I needed that. Believe it or not shooters do exist outside of Halo and CoD.

It isn't skill using the cheapest means possible to get kills, and that is essentially what Halo has always been about, outside of leagues and clan play.

I don't need a history lesson on games either, but I appreciate the effort.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Honestly, after the cluster that MCC was, I literally have no desire to even waste the HDD space downloading it. I'm that mad at 343 right now. I might pick up the game when it comes out, it depends on reviews and how low my gaming backlog is at that time. Personally Destiny, TitanFall and Call of Duty were all superior this year to me and I have no problem playing those until their sequels come out.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Got my ass handed to me. Rage quit. These ole thumbs and fingers aint what they used to be.

anywho.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

@SolidTy said:

---

It was okay, but it wasn't as compelling as Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach were to me. Then again, the Beta was very limiting.

Why do you keep on posting that pic?

Street cred.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I played a few matches. It definitely doesn't feel like Halo anymore. The graphics were "meh" but it's still pretty early. I think I might be more excited for MCC to work correctly than I am in Halo 5 at the moment. Then again, after 2014 it's hard to get excited for games anymore.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have participated in EVERY HALO public BETA to date (and a few live demonstrations at shows as well). I felt Halo 5 was more CODish that I hoped and I simply wasn't that compelled to play it every day as I did in previous BETAs...which makes me wonder why someone won't just go back to COD after a few months of Halo 5 as millions migrated from Halo 4 to COD. I guess we'll see. It's a beta, so I'll temper my impressions and reserve my final judgements for the final product Halo 5 I'll be getting later this year.

343 has a lot to do to impress me though. Halo MCC was just so poorly handled and Halo 4 was a low-point for me (and millions of others watching the MP community abandon ship as it did).

@Stringerboy said:

@SolidTy said:

---

Why do you keep on posting that pic?

Usually off topic replies in a thread mean that trolling is about to commence due to some sort of butt-hurt. I remember you well "stringer", but I hope that's not the case here today. :)

The answer is "Mileage" for my new SolidTy System System Wars Gaming Photography Studiosâ„¢! I took the time to make the picture (it's actually a very new picture only days old), I may as well make sure to get the most use out of it in the right threads of course. This picture reveals all my 360 and Xbone Halos in one sweet picture. Would you like an autographed pic as a longtime SolidTy superfan? There is another bonus, pictures lends legitimacy to responses about one's opinion's on gaming matters.

The added cherry on top is the praise from users like this:

polishkid99 said:

@SolidTy:

Nice collection... Thanks for the info though, the special edition sounds nice.

and

pikachudude860 said:

@SolidTy: Woah. Nice collection. =)

There's more where that praise comes from and it's not just me that has noticed this.

Truth is, people appreciate legit users and pictures that prove they are real. It doesn't have to be pictures, it can be scores or whatever. I have those as well. Sure, there are always haters for everything, but there are people that like real talk about their games too.

If there are super fanbot trolls that get incredibly bitter after seeing my innocuous yet relevant pictures there is a bonus there as well. I understand such the fanbot-troll's mindset; the pictures destroy their blasé preconceptions and their truly uninspired trolling generalizations. In essense, it ruins the trolling fun they had planned for the day. Tisk-tisk I say!

Which camp do you fall into as you asked me that question? :P