halo 3's campaign was awsome - im a pc gamer

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

faisal123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 faisal123456
Member since 2008 • 219 Posts
i dont know why everyone hates the campaign the only thing i hate is the online. i own a 8800 gtx, a wii and ps3 and just bought a 360.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts
i agree the campaign was sick
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
I don't know why they hate it either. I mean even if it wasn't as good as Halo: CE it was still pretty awesome. I loved it, and it's good to see someone else that liked it as well, especially a PC gamer :)
GhettoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GhettoBaron
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts
I didn't think it was that good. After I played Halo:CE my expectations for the sequels were very high. And well they concentrated on mp instead of sp and never reached the level of quality in the original.
macabalony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 macabalony
Member since 2005 • 1526 Posts
the final level..... well wasn't a typical like final level and i loved it
The four player co-op made legaendary a little to easy but whatever it was still soooo much fun
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

too short and too much flood

vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
Why the need to say you're a PC gamer :|
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts

Um.. The campaign wasnt rally anything special as I see it..

But the online is possibly the best of this generation.. Dont know what is wrong with that.

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
I thought it was very good (though far from the best ever), and I was PC gaming before most of these self-rigtheous dips who call themselves PC gamers today knew what RAM was.
vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

I thought it was very good (though far from the best ever), and I was PC gaming before most of these self-rigtheous dips who call themselves PC gamers today knew what RAM was.Shafftehr

How hypocrite...

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts

[QUOTE="Shafftehr"]I thought it was very good (though far from the best ever), and I was PC gaming before most of these self-rigtheous dips who call themselves PC gamers today knew what RAM was.vash47

How hypocrite...

I'm well aware I'm self-righteous. It gives me distinct qualifications is spotting it in other people, since they're infringing on my turf. Difference is, I'm self-righteous, but way smarter and more experienced than a vast majority of them.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
yes the campaing was the best
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Why the need to say you're a PC gamer :|vash47

Possibly to show how not so far PC gamers standards are apart from console gamers.

ericsp2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ericsp2081
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts
Agreed. The whole thing was pretty fun, I'm still playing it almost a year later. There were some classic levels that are right up there with the first Halo - Sierra 117, Tsavo Highway, Storm, The Ark, The Covenant, Halo. I even grew to like the Cortana level eventually, though a controller was broken because of it the first time through (*Hint - find a sword*). Halo 3 may not be everyone's cup of tea, but alot of the hate is only because of the hype the game had.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

I agree.

It was so sad at then end :cry:

I've played through every level at least 3 times now.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
Yeah well. Jennifer Anniston is hideous - im a convicted sex offender. In all seriousness though I though Halo 3 had a pretty good campaign for the most part.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It's a pretty good experience for Halo fans but a lot of newcomers might find it shallow
StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts
I played through it with a friend and I thought it was pretty cool.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
Around 70% of it was excellent, while other parts were average. But yes, whole load of fun, so much replayability
myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
I thought it was good, but not great. I honestly would have preferred more on screen enemies and npcs so they could have employed more complex tactics, even if the graphics would have had to take a hit. It never really felt like I was in the midst of an all out war in Halo 3, mostly just a series of small isolated firefights and that dissapoints me somewhat.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

that game, was so...mindnumingly boring...ugh(i hated the single player in CE and halo2 as well)

i thought it was really bland and repetitive, and most importantly of all BORING

that might just be me though, to each their own

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Storywise (and the ending) it was always going to bomb. Atleast it played really well.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shakmaster13
[QUOTE="vash47"]

[QUOTE="Shafftehr"]I thought it was very good (though far from the best ever), and I was PC gaming before most of these self-rigtheous dips who call themselves PC gamers today knew what RAM was.Shafftehr

How hypocrite...

I'm well aware I'm self-righteous. It gives me distinct qualifications is spotting it in other people, since they're infringing on my turf. Difference is, I'm self-righteous, but way smarter and more experienced than a vast majority of them.

im willing to bet you think planescape torment was better than baldurs gate

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
honestly the campaign was alright the last level was the best, but i really thought multiplayer saved halo 3
mijkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mijkil
Member since 2004 • 546 Posts

Im a VETERAN PC gamer and I find Halo3s campaign to be up there with tthe very best ive played.

People can whine all they like, but there is no other fps that is half as much pure FUN as a good halo campaign.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shakmaster13

Im a VETERAN PC gamer and I find Halo3s campaign to be up there with tthe very best ive played.

People can whine all they like, but there is no other fps that is half as much pure FUN as a good halo campaign.

mijkil

thats how i know you're not a pc gamer. nobody who has ever played half-llife2 would ever consider halo3 even an A game

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts
Agree. Halo3 campaign is epic!!!
Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Kez1984
Member since 2007 • 4548 Posts
It was alright, Portal, Halflife Episode 2 and Crysis had better single player campaigns, it was better than Call Of Duty 4's though, as much as Halo 3 might be over-rated, call of duty 4 is way, way, overated.
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Storywise (and the ending) it was always going to bomb. Atleast it played really well.hongkingkong

How did the story and the ending bomb? The ending was good, and the story was good to. It was no Bioshock, but it wasn't bad.

Johnson :( :( :(

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts
[QUOTE="mijkil"]

shakmaster13

thats how i know you're not a pc gamer. nobody who has ever played half-llife2 would ever consider halo3 even an A game

And now i know you have never played Halo3!

Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kez1984

[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]Storywise (and the ending) it was always going to bomb. Atleast it played really well.After_Math

How did the story and the ending bomb? The ending was good, and the story was good to. It was no Bioshock, but it wasn't bad.

I was struggling to finish Bioshock, pretty boring. Non of the scares of System Shock 2 and Andrew Ryan certainly wasn't any Shodan. Too easy. Too Steamlined. Bleh. Way, way overated.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shakmaster13
[QUOTE="shakmaster13"][QUOTE="mijkil"]

PAL360

oh i have. except i got bored to the point of just quiting the game and never playing the sp again after the part where you kill guilty spark

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Why the need to say you're a PC gamer :|vash47
Because the playbook is as follows:

1. Say they must not know how much better PC games are.

2. If they say they're a PC gamer, accuse them of lying.

3. Repeat Step 2 as often as possible. For variety, alternate between accusing them of lying about having played the game, having a gaming PC, or even their education and career (also known as the "Vandalvideo maneuver", after its creator).

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shakmaster13

[QUOTE="vash47"]Why the need to say you're a PC gamer :|lowe0

Because the playbook is as follows:

1. Say they must not know how much better PC games are.

2. If they say they're a PC gamer, accuse them of lying.

3. Repeat Step 2 as often as possible. For variety, alternate between accusing them of lying about having played the game, having a gaming PC, or even their education and career (also known as the "Vandalvideo maneuver", after its creator).

this is sig worthy lol

Kez1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kez1984
I liked how he types "veteran pc" in bold letters like He's been in Vietnam of something and seen things no man should see.
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
[QUOTE="After_Math"]

[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]Storywise (and the ending) it was always going to bomb. Atleast it played really well.Kez1984

I was struggling to finish Bioshock, pretty boring. Non of the scares of System Shock 2 and Andrew Ryan certainly wasn't any Shodan. Too easy. Too Steamlined. Bleh. Way, way overated.

I agree, the beginning of Bioshock was really interesting, and fun, but towards the end I got bored. I used it as an example because not many people have played SS2, and Bioshock is held in high regard in many eyes.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shakmaster13
[QUOTE="Kez1984"][QUOTE="After_Math"]

[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]Storywise (and the ending) it was always going to bomb. Atleast it played really well.After_Math

I agree, the beginning of Bioshock was really interesting, and fun, but towards the end I got bored. I used it as an example because not many people have played SS2, and Bioshock is held in high regard in many eyes.

the Big Daddy fights just didn't cut it halfway into the game...

marcuskickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 marcuskickass
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts
I personally loved the story mode of halo 3 but what really stood out in the game was the multiplayer...must have put over 200 hours into it, the only game that I can think of that got that much play time from me is WoW and I genuinely believe it deserved all the praise it got from the media :).
ericsp2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ericsp2081
Member since 2003 • 201 Posts
[QUOTE="PAL360"][QUOTE="shakmaster13"][QUOTE="mijkil"]

shakmaster13

oh i have. except i got bored to the point of just quiting the game and never playing the sp again after the part where you kill guilty spark

That's the very end of the game...you're telling us that you put up with this "mind-numbing boredom" 95% of the way through the game, then decided you couldn't take it anymore and shut it off? Pictures or it didn't happen : )~

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
[QUOTE="After_Math"]

[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]Storywise (and the ending) it was always going to bomb. Atleast it played really well.Kez1984

I actually played System Shock 2 a few days ago. And MAN! That game still creeps the hell out of me!

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
[QUOTE="mijkil"]

shakmaster13

Lol everyone has to act like robots and not have their own opinion I suppose...well maybe just in your world.

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
no.
primateface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 primateface
Member since 2008 • 1095 Posts
halo3's multiplayer sucks ass....really boring level design/maps too enclosed dumbass barriers.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
the halo 3campaignwas greatin-factone of my favorites and it sure as heck beats out halo 2's campaign that was terribly short and not too impressive.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
the only letdowns were the last two levels. instead of "finish the fight" it should be "shoot waves of mindless zombies for two hours". Sorry, that's harsh. but I really liked the rest of the missions, because the covenent are interesting enemies, and the levels basically allow different approaches to certain situations. I recently beat the game for the second time on legendary, and I had a great time. but why couldn't bungie have made the last two missions include some huge three-sided battles like from the first 2 games? I don't care if the storyline establishes the Covenent as defeated, that's boring! shoehorn in some Brute cheiftans fighting advanced flood forms while the player has to get past them! that would have made them way more interesting, dynamic, and satisfying.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
It was solid, nothing special though. Cortana was a *****. :P
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

halo3's multiplayer sucks ass....really boring level design/maps too enclosed dumbass barriers.primateface

It has last gen size maps LOL.

Resistance1 a launch game had maps atleast 2x bigger then halo3 and R2 will have maps 4x bigger then R1:)

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
the only letdowns were the last two levels. instead of "finish the fight" it should be "shoot waves of mindless zombies for two hours". Sorry, that's harsh. but I really liked the rest of the missions, because the covenent are interesting enemies, and the levels basically allow different approaches to certain situations. I recently beat the game for the second time on legendary, and I had a great time. but why couldn't bungie have made the last two missions include some huge three-sided battles like from the first 2 games? I don't care if the storyline establishes the Covenent as defeated, that's boring! shoehorn in some Brute cheiftans fighting advanced flood forms while the player has to get past them! that would have made them way more interesting, dynamic, and satisfying. Mordred19
It's probably because they had to rush it out for a spetember release (and therefore didn't polish the levels as much) so other titles could get enough attention during the holidays. Also I think the flood were much less exciting this time around. In Halo CE (and to a lesser extent Halo 2), you always felt overwhelmed by flood, but here they seem much more managable to the point where they become boring.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21706 Posts
I'm a pc gamer and I hated Halo 3 even though I loved Halo and mostly Halo 2 >____>
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
it was ok.. leaps and bounds ahead of halo 2s campiagn though, even though it had the worst level in an fps ive played in a long. long.. time it was very anticlimactic