Halo 3 Won't Be Successful

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 yo_foo
Member since 2006 • 3296 Posts
Halo: Combat Evolved. Or rather - Combat DeEvolved. That should be the slogan that Microsoft should run with for the latest in its One Hit Wonder trilogy - Halo 3.

Now don't get me wrong. Halo was a good game, although a little over rated, and fulfilled itself as the only official X-Box game worth buying the console for (although it came out on PC! Bad move). It developed tactical shooting and developed a good fanbase for those interested in that kind of thing. It had satisfactory multiplayer content which was good solid fun but also applied the use of tactics like in the missions.

Then enter Halo 2. To increase Halo fanbase, they decided to dumb the game down for those who don't have the time for tactics and made the game just a full on shooter with limited tactics and cruddy weapons. Yes Halo 1s weapons were far superior.

And now Halo 3 which promises to be a rehash of Halo 2s style of gameplay to keep these gamers who don't like to think that much and just shoot (the types of gamers who thought Doom 3 and Prey were Gods Gift to Gaming) and still keep in pretty well the same style as Tribes only without the jetpacks. Plus the same repetitive nature of the game will drastically annoy fans of the original and soon enough people will just ignore Halo and remember it for what the series really is - A One Hit Wonder, much in the same vain as the Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out" and the original Rocky film.

Resistance is the Halo killer for this generation of gaming. No doubt about it.

:'(

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT SUCCESS IN SALES.  iT'S ABOUT SUCCESS IN GAMEPLAY

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
Im damn sure it will be succesful in sales
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Halo: Combat Evolved. Or rather - Combat DeEvolved. That should be the slogan that Microsoft should run with for the latest in its One Hit Wonder trilogy - Halo 3.

Now don't get me wrong. Halo was a good game, although a little over rated, and fulfilled itself as the only official X-Box game worth buying the console for (although it came out on PC! Bad move). It developed tactical shooting and developed a good fanbase for those interested in that kind of thing. It had satisfactory multiplayer content which was good solid fun but also applied the use of tactics like in the missions.

Then enter Halo 2. To increase Halo fanbase, they decided to dumb the game down for those who don't have the time for tactics and made the game just a full on shooter with limited tactics and cruddy weapons. Yes Halo 1s weapons were far superior.

And now Halo 3 which promises to be a rehash of Halo 2s style of gameplay to keep these gamers who don't like to think that much and just shoot (the types of gamers who thought Doom 3 and Prey were Gods Gift to Gaming) and still keep in pretty well the same style as Tribes only without the jetpacks. Plus the same repetitive nature of the game will drastically annoy fans of the original and soon enough people will just ignore Halo and remember it for what the series really is - A One Hit Wonder, much in the same vain as the Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out" and the original Rocky film.

yo_foo

i stopped reading at the bold...bungie are going back to halo1's style of gameplay. go read the updates again
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
knowing you, long topic coming.
Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Journey89
Member since 2005 • 1743 Posts
only a fool believes Halo wont be successful. it WILL make money. it will sell consoles. and i will sell A LOT of copies.
Conker-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Conker-Fan
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts
you have no clue what your talking about
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yo_foo
Im damn sure it will be succesful in salespoopinloop32
People will start Wising up to the fad that is Halo. It's not 2001! People have wised up on this Halo fad. The Halo series is finished. :'(
ChopperDave1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChopperDave1
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
Halo's fanbase is simply too large for it to fail
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salesyo_foo
People will start Wising up to the fad that is Halo. It's not 2001! People have wised up on this Halo fad. The Halo series is finished. :'(

Cant beleive you used to be my favirote poster, that is the second dumbest responce ive seen
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawlessx

your right..it is finished..because halo3 is going to end it. im sure haters like yourself cant wait for that day to come.
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
200+ replies easily.
Guyzea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guyzea
Member since 2005 • 1276 Posts
If you are a surgeon then you need some Cerial surgery on your brain.
Also, because I read your post, I will not be purchasing Halo 3.
When my friends ask me why not, I will say: "I didnt buy halo 3 because i read a post on System Wars at Gamespot by Yo_foo"
My friends will proceed to point and laugh at me in a Nelson Muntz way and say "Ha ha! You read forum posts posted by surgeons"
ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salespoopinloop32

Cant beleive you used to be my favirote poster, that is the second dumbest responce ive seen

:roll: Your world must be turned upside down. yo_foo threads= bathroom material at best
jaminator45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jaminator45
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

COMBAT DEVOLVED.........Oohhhh you are so witty!!!! How long did it take you to come up with that?

This is probably one of the simgle most dumb topics ever posted on this site.....

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 poopinloop32
this post has kept me away from buying Halo 3 congrats Yo_Foo you accomplished your mission
Avatar image for no_one_specific
no_one_specific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 no_one_specific
Member since 2003 • 2612 Posts
Huh? Why wouldn't the game be successful? It's HALO; the frigging brand name alone is enough to sell millions. It's too popular to be unsuccessful.
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yo_foo
[QUOTE="yo_foo"]Halo: Combat Evolved. Or rather - Combat DeEvolved. That should be the slogan that Microsoft should run with for the latest in its One Hit Wonder trilogy - Halo 3.

lawlessx

i stopped reading at the bold...bungie are going back to halo1's style of gameplay. go read the updates again

Nope they won't. It looks exactly like Halo 2 and thats what a lot of developers have said about games doing that. They haven't lived up to that yet... :'(
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

I agree with you yo_foo.

Avatar image for Radeon_X1950XTX
Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Radeon_X1950XTX
Member since 2006 • 1055 Posts
im gunna get halo3, i never played the past halo franchises
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
200+ replies easily. D0wnfall1
I hear that, and LOL at RFOM being Halo killer, too funny
diablofan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 diablofan02
Member since 2005 • 1461 Posts

\

hahaha, ya all those 9-10 million people who already have a 360 and are ALL going to buy halo3 will disagree with you.  

yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yo_foo
knowing you, long topic coming.Hewkii
The longer the topic the more the ownage. :'(
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
I stopped reading when I saw who wrote it.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Your topics are for humor only. Facts are nowhere to be found, as usual.
atmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 atmk
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts
HAHAHHAAHA LOLOLOLOLO RFOLRFOLRFOL This guy just made my day!!!!!!!!!!
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yo_foo
only a fool believes Halo wont be successful. it WILL make money. it will sell consoles. and i will sell A LOT of copies.Journey89
that still doesn't mean it will be a good game. People buy the wii, that doesn't make it a good console now does it? But on to the subject of Halo 3: :'(
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="yo_foo"]Halo: Combat Evolved. Or rather - Combat DeEvolved. That should be the slogan that Microsoft should run with for the latest in its One Hit Wonder trilogy - Halo 3.

yo_foo

Nope they won't. It looks exactly like Halo 2 and thats what a lot of developers have said about games doing that. They haven't lived up to that yet... :'(

so i guess theres no way to know for sure untill the actual game comes out now is there?  the may look like halo2,but that doesnt mean it will have the same feel halo2 had.
Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Journey89
[QUOTE="Journey89"]only a fool believes Halo wont be successful. it WILL make money. it will sell consoles. and i will sell A LOT of copies.yo_foo
that still doesn't mean it will be a good game. People buy the wii, that doesn't make it a good console now does it? But on to the subject of Halo 3: :'(

never liked halo. never will. but it will sell. casuals love dumbed down games. i agree with you there. but the wii still is a good console. even though it has crappy tech.
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yo_foo
[QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salespoopinloop32

Halo 2 was a total disappointment for me. Halo 1 was absolutely stunning, original and downright fun. One of the greatest games ever coming at the best possible time. Halo 2 just couldn't live up to that and after looking at Halo 3 it looks the same as Halo 2 and frankly no body wants a carbon copy of Halo 2 or the original. something different please! :'(
DHReese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DHReese
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

Resistance is the Halo killer for this generation of gaming.  No doubt about it.

yo_foo

Thats too much just in that sentence right there. How many PS3's has resistance sold again? If you are gonna bash Halo 3, please do so when it comes out, not when we don't have a good idea about it.

yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yo_foo
you have no clue what your talking aboutConker-Fan
yeah I do as a matter of fact. :'(
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yo_foo
Halo's fanbase is simply too large for it to failChopperDave1
fanbases can dissolve when everyone is disappointed as a whole. :'(
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salesyo_foo

Halo 2 was a total disappointment for me. Halo 1 was absolutely stunning, original and downright fun. One of the greatest games ever coming at the best possible time. Halo 2 just couldn't live up to that and after looking at Halo 3 it looks the same as Halo 2 and frankly no body wants a carbon copy of Halo 2 or the original. something different please! :'(

"Halo 2 was a total dissapointment for me"I had a doller for everytime i heard that id buy a PS3, please be more original with your posts
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lawlessx
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salesyo_foo

untill bungie releases clear video of halo3's gameplay....your basing that on blurry videos and afew pre-alpha shots.
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yo_foo
[QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in saleslawlessx

your right..it is finished..because halo3 is going to end it. im sure haters like yourself cant wait for that day to come.

I don't hate the original. I just hate Halo 2 and Halo 3. :'(
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts
I know that you're going to be wrong, considering that Bungie has specifically said that Halo 3 will be more like Halo than Halo 2. But let's ignore that for now. After all, you will too.

How can you say that Halo was a 'one hit wonder' franchise when Halo 2 scored 9.4 here and won Best Multiplayer Game of the Year for 2004, averaged a review score at Gamerankings of 94.6, making it the 18th best reviewed game ever made, and sold over 6 million copies?
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

So your basing what Halo 3 will be like based on Halo 2? You don't know too much about eithers developments do you?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lawlessx
[QUOTE="ChopperDave1"]Halo's fanbase is simply too large for it to failyo_foo
fanbases can dissolve when everyone is disappointed as a whole. :'(

too bad not everyone who will pick up halo3 sees things the way you do
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 yo_foo

[QUOTE="yo_foo"]

DHReese

Thats too much just in that sentence right there. How many PS3's has resistance sold again? If you are gonna bash Halo 3, please do so when it comes out, not when we don't have a good idea about it.

how many 360s has Halo 3 sold? We are talking about THIS gen. not last gen. :'(
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

yo_foo
I'm a cow and even I don't think this is true. Halo 3 will be one of the most successful games to date.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salesyo_foo

I don't hate the original. I just hate Halo 2 and Halo 3. :'(

you hate halo3 because you THINK it will be just like halo2. you don't know that for sure
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="DHReese"]

[QUOTE="yo_foo"]

yo_foo

how many 360s has Halo 3 sold? We are talking about THIS gen. not last gen. :'(

Halo hasnt been released yet you dumba....
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yo_foo
If you are a surgeon then you need some Cerial surgery on your brain.
Also, because I read your post, I will not be purchasing Halo 3.
When my friends ask me why not, I will say: "I didnt buy halo 3 because i read a post on System Wars at Gamespot by Yo_foo"
My friends will proceed to point and laugh at me in a Nelson Muntz way and say "Ha ha! You read forum posts posted by surgeons"
Guyzea
no. I bet your friends would praise me as a God for sharing my knowledge with the world. ;')
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 yo_foo
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salesChupacabraIII

:roll: Your world must be turned upside down. yo_foo threads= bathroom material at best

hardly. Everyone here enjoys reading my topics. And I'm sure you do too. :'(
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="ChupacabraIII"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salesyo_foo

your right we all praise you like a god
Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Journey89
[QUOTE="ChupacabraIII"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="yo_foo"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"]Im damn sure it will be succesful in salesyo_foo

i dont. my eyes bleed a little bit. jk
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yo_foo

COMBAT DEVOLVED.........Oohhhh you are so witty!!!! How long did it take you to come up with that?

This is probably one of the simgle most dumb topics ever posted on this site.....

jaminator45
its better than anything you could have come up with. :'(
yo_foo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 yo_foo
this post has kept me away from buying Halo 3 congrats Yo_Foo you accomplished your missionpoopinloop32
no need to thank me. Thank bungie for making such disappointing sequels. :'(
Journey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Journey89
[QUOTE="jaminator45"]

yo_foo
its better than anything you could have come up with. :'(

evolution never "devolves". evolution only advances forward, even if its for the worst. its like hitting the link to go back to the home page because there is no back button.