jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

On the PC, Halo 2: Anniversary features modern accoutrements such as support for 4K resolutions, 60FPS+ frame-rates, Ultra-Wide displays, adjustable FOV, enhanced graphics options to adjust. For all-in nostalgia there is an option to play the release using the game's original graphics / cutscenes. Additionally, gamers will be able to enjoy the release with seven remastered multiplayer maps from Halo 2 Anniversary as well as 25 classic maps from Halo 2.

link

16 years later the king is back!

Its finally happening, Halo 2 will be on PC May 12th. I am so stoked.

Halo 2 is by far one of my favorite MP games of all time. It changed the game in regards to online MP on home consoles. The competition at the time was pathetic on home consoles.

Halo 2 was the best MP game by far of gen 6. (shut your mouths hermits) Halo 2 was king on consoles. It had tons of game types, solid gameplay, some of the best maps in the franchise, vehicular combat, and it was core halo. No stupid class abilities, no sprint button. Just core halo and more importantly it just worked. Xbox live was proving home consoles were valid for competitive online play.

It was the only game that could pull me from PC gaming when it came out. (The PC port of Halo 2 was a broken mess).

So many good memories on Halo 2, it really solidified what people love about Halo MP. It was the beginning of custom game modes like, tower of power, cat and mouse, zombies. People were getting creative with the custom game types which would eventually lead to Forge in Halo 3.

The game had a large MLG scene. The game was very competitive and widely popular. Halo 2 was pulling in huge views for the Esports scene which at the time was very much in its infant state.

Most probably don't care about this as much as i do, Why get hyped over a 16 year old game that was released on the xbone in 2014? Well I ended up getting a PS4, i originally planned on an Xbox one and then a buddy offered me his PS4 with like 7 games, 2 controllers for like 180 bucks (insanely good deal i couldn't pass up) Practically gave it away cus he was in a bind to get tickets for some wook festival.

So this gen now i'm a Cow, a bitter cow that didn't want to be here anyway. Most of these sony games are shitty movie games, like uncharted, last of us, even the new god of war was over hyped one and done trash. I gave them all a shot, nope! Id rather have halo 2.

If i take every sony exclusive this gen and put it next to halo 2... ill put more time into halo 2 easily. BTFO

But good fortune has fallen upon me. Phil gives me my Gears, Halo, Forza fix on PC. What an angel he is. Good man. Most important, he gave me back my Halo 2.

Seriously it geeks me out that a game made in 2004 getting a proper port to PC is my most hyped game in 2020.

So I made this hype thread.

You might be thinking who cares about halo 2?? well i care alot about halo 2. Just not as much as Croyt.

Halo 3 is on the horizon as well, which i'm also very hype for

But Halo 2 will always be my favorite. Im ready to wreck some nerds on lockout.

Take me home.... Country roads....

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

Didn't read, but Halo 2 was amazing. One of the best sequels of all time. Tough luck it came out the same year as Half Life 2, though.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

My Widnows Vista memories...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Did a lot of lan on halo 2 back in the day, but missed the amazing online cuz my parents didn't want to pay for online play ****.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Looking forward to it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Some of the most fun I've ever had with online multiplayer. Good times.

Can't really say I'm interested in revisiting it, but might pick it up for old times sake. Maybe cross paths with the grown versions some of those XBL 12 year olds who said they'd **** my mom while throwing slurs at me. Ah, sweet memories.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Local multiplayer was where it was at for me. Halo 2 is defiantly one of the classics. Cant say I'm interested in this anymore. Modern fps MP games like Siege and even COD have quashed the thirst. Its time for old chief to bring it with Infinite.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jeezers

@ConanTheStoner said:

Some of the most fun I've ever had with online multiplayer. Good times.

Can't really say I'm interested in revisiting it, but might pick it up for old times sake. Maybe cross paths with the grown versions some of those XBL 12 year olds who said they'd **** my mom while throwing slurs at me. Ah, sweet memories.

I may have been one of those kids lol, gaming online at that time was ruthless, i dont blame them, the adults would shit talk the kids too. I kinda miss that shit tbh, online lobbies have really gotten tame, especially with private chats and group parties. I still might hear a good argument once in a while on COD... but its just not the same. I cherish the golden era of online gaming shit talk .

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeezers
@ellos said:

Local multiplayer was where it was at for me. Halo 2 is defiantly one of the classics. Cant say I'm interested in this anymore. Modern fps MP games like Siege and even COD have quashed the thirst. Its time for old chief to bring it with Infinite.

Halo 2 had excellent local MP, 4 player split screen with system link lans that actually worked perfectly. 2 TV's back to back with 2 og xbox's and you got your self a 4v4 frag fest set up in your living room.

I also look forward to see what infinite brings, hopefully they truly go back to their roots.

I enjoy siege and cod very much, but still love me some halo 2. I've played the MCC anniversary on my buddys xbox and the anniversary halo 2 remake has of some of the maps looking gorgeous.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@jeezers said:

I may have been one of those kids lol, gaming online at that time was ruthless, i dont blame them, the adults would shit talk the kids too. I kinda miss that shit tbh, online lobbies have really gotten tame, especially with private chats and group parties. I still might hear a good argument once in a while on COD... but its just not the same. I cherish the golden era of online gaming shit talk .

Oh yeah dude, definitely added to the fun factor. Especially so when someone would actually crack and lose their shit lol.

I was generally chill, but I'd definitely go in on people from time to time.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

God I miss Halo 2 Xbox Live marathons on my Xbox. That, and Rainbow Six 3.

Such a great time to be a gamer those days.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Halo Reach was unplayable crap on PC. Seriously that sound mastering is criminal. Footsteps were louder than gun shots in that game. Absolutely criminal.

Halo 1: CE was a lot better. A truly enjoyable game, but I can't get past the Library section. Thought it would be easier with KB/M but nope, that part is still crap. And halo level design is still really lacklustre. Barely any rhyme or reason to it all.

So I'm expecting Halo 2: CE to be even better on PC. and the first Halo game to be a true 'uncompromised' experience.

Also it doesn't require Vista this time.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Did a lot of lan on halo 2 back in the day, but missed the amazing online cuz my parents didn't want to pay for online play ****.

Same here, but I remember using a service called XB connect (I think) to play lan over the internet.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

All I know is Duel-Needlers are coming back! I've missed those and to this very day, Halo 2 is the only in the series you are able to Duel-Needlers. Once you been hit multiple times, you know its over! Yeah, I'm hype for Halo 2 as well.

FEAR THE PINK MIST!!!

Edit: I think the Needler in Halo: Combat Evolve wasn't as deadly but it did have bigger explosion.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

King? LMAO!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

King? LMAO!

Not a king for sure.

but better than most third person games for sure.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@jeezers: @ConanTheStoner: Lol, I miss all the shit talking also. Hell some days Of have more fun doing that then actually playing the game.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeezers

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

King? LMAO!

Not a king for sure.

Halo 2 was definitely King status in regards to MP.

Not in SP, there are plenty of better SP games than any of the halo games. (TBH im a huge halo fan and find all the SP campaigns lackluster in the franchise).

I say this as someone who put thousands of hours into games like UT2004, BF2, CS 1.6/source, DOD source, TF2, Quake 3 arena. I am a MP gamer at heart.

Halo 2 had a superb MP experience, both online and local that for the most part was unmatched and i would argue IS STILL unmatched, even unmatched by the newest Halo games like Halo 5. (where the split screen 343?)

Most MP games even in current gen do not have the amount of features and content as Halo 2 MP.

For example, think of a modern MP game by either sony or nintendo that has the amount of MP features and content as Halo 2. (A 16 year old game that launched on og xbox.). It doesn't exist.

In the end its all subjective, but id challenge someone to name which MP game, even in current gen, that excels over halo 2 and i guarantee you it falls short to halo 2 in more ways than one.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeezers

@davillain- said:

All I know is Duel-Needlers are coming back! I've missed those and to this very day, Halo 2 is the only in the series you are able to Duel-Needlers. Once you been hit multiple times, you know its over! Yeah, I'm hype for Halo 2 as well.

FEAR THE PINK MIST!!!

Edit: I think the Needler in Halo: Combat Evolve wasn't as deadly but it did have bigger explosion.

duel needlers very deadly

Loading Video...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Halo has and never will touch SOCOM with a 20 ft. pole.

That said Halo 2 was the only Halo game I actually enjoyed online.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jeezers

@WitIsWisdom: socom was always a janky mess, that being said it was one of the only MP games that was some what playable on Sony's crap network at the time. Compared to halo 2 its not even close for me.

And lets just ignore that socom game on the ps3.. Horrible

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#23 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I remember going through great lengths to play Halo 2 on Windows XP (very illegally) back in the day, and being pretty underwhelmed by the campaign (after loving Halo 1's campaign).

The only time I ever enjoyed Halo MP was playing it in a LAN party with friends with Halo 1 multiplayer on PC ages ago

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeezers

@with_teeth26 said:

I remember going through great lengths to play Halo 2 on Windows XP (very illegally) back in the day, and being pretty underwhelmed by the campaign (after loving Halo 1's campaign).

The only time I ever enjoyed Halo MP was playing it in a LAN party with friends with Halo 1 multiplayer on PC ages ago

Halo 2 on PC was one of the worst PC ports i ever played, it was inferior to halo 2 on og xbox in every way.

Windows Vista PTSD is real, they messed it up so bad on the PC port

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Well I was all excited for Halo 2 MCC but then Game Pass decided to upload Mechwarrior 5.

Sorry Halo what? Nah I ain't got time for that, playing Mechwarrior 5 haha.

Seriously Game Pass is awesome.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@jeezers said:

@WitIsWisdom: socom was always a janky mess, that being said it was one of the only MP games that was some what playable on Sony's crap network at the time. Compared to halo 2 its not even close for me.

And lets just ignore that socom game on the ps3.. Horrible

Socom was certainly not a janky mess at all unless you are talking about hit box registration on S2.. which is also a large reason people loved the game and the strafe battles. It's not like Halo didn't have it's fair share of problems either.

Also there were 2 SOCOM games on the PS3. There was SOCOM Confrontation which was a great game, and then there was SOCOM 4... but S4 I hesitate to even call a SOCOM game. Anyone using that game as a good example of SOCOM has no idea what SOCOM is or was.

They got away from themselves on that one and chased the CoD/BF trend and it backfired. No true SOCOM fan liked S4 that much if at all. SONY said they were not done with SOCOM after that game but that they were shelving it for a while. Well, they shelved it an entire gen, so why not SOCOM 5 on the PS5?

SOCOM is, was, and will always be better than Halo in my opinion, but to each their own. I enjoyed both, but SOCOM remains my favorite online shooter franchise of all time, and it isn't even close.

I've owned every mainstream console since the NES and most of the obscure ones at that as well. I didn't have to pick one or the other like most people did. Having played both franchises in depth I enjoyed SOCOM much more. I am a huge fan of tactical one life games (except that pile of horse shit Siege).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: halo 2s campaign is god awful. Would recommend holding out for Halo 3 instead of betting on halo 2 campaign wise.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

@R4gn4r0k: halo 2s campaign is god awful. Would recommend holding out for Halo 3 instead of betting on halo 2 campaign wise.

thats why Halo 2 was inferior Halo 1 in every way. 3 has better campaign but not very good at all.

Halo 1 has ok campaign except library missions. but theres the reason none of Halos are as good as Halo 1 because shift the focus towards MP. watching 4 and 5 footages they looks awful like they turn Halo into COD.

Halo reboot need to have semi open long SP campaign where you can ride a ghost in open sandbox enviroment as these are heavily rumored and even leaked claim.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jg4xchamp

Oh don’t get it twisted Halo 2 is still the best Halo. Multiplayer godlike, multiplayer fps still best type of fps.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

Oh don’t get it twisted Halo 2 is still the best Halo.

said no one ever.

go through every poll

Halo 1 always fan fav. everything else not.

Bungie ruined Halo long and long before 343 came in.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC_Rocks

@jeezers said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

King? LMAO!

Not a king for sure.

Not in SP, there are plenty of better SP games than any of the halo games. (TBH im a huge halo fan and find all the SP campaigns lackluster in the franchise).

I say this as someone who put thousands of hours into games like UT2004, BF2, CS 1.6/source, DOD source, TF2, Quake 3 arena. I am a MP gamer at heart.

Halo 2 had a superb MP experience, both online and local that for the most part was unmatched and i would argue IS STILL unmatched, even unmatched by the newest Halo games like Halo 5. (where the split screen 343?)

Most MP games even in current gen do not have the amount of features and content as Halo 2 MP.

For example, think of a modern MP game by either sony or nintendo that has the amount of MP features and content as Halo 2. (A 16 year old game that launched on og xbox.). It doesn't exist.

In the end its all subjective, but id challenge someone to name which MP game, even in current gen, that excels over halo 2 and i guarantee you it falls short to halo 2 in more ways than one.

Knowing it's designed for controllers and have a sh*t tier slow combat where 50% of your screen is filled by UI. Yeah, it's not even a contender for best games, be it SP or MP.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Oh don’t get it twisted Halo 2 is still the best Halo. Multiplayer godlike, multiplayer fps still best type of fps.

Oh sweet, what kind of gamemodes does it have?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

Knowing it's designed for controllers and have a sh*t tier slow combat where 50% of your screen is filled by UI. Yeah, it's not even a contender for best games, be it SP or MP.

I agree.

Old king is

and current king is

Sadly Half life also used to be king now become some nichie on rail shooter. and for that Im more interested in new Halo over 2020 Half life which i never tough a decade ago.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jeezers

@WitIsWisdom: Fair enough, if socom is your jam that's your jam, i still prefer halo 2. I have a close friend who's also a die hard socom fan as well, he would agree with you. But i disagree with both of ya, but its all good *cheers*

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jeezers
@jg4xchamp said:

100% on point, agreed

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jeezers
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

said no one ever.

go through every poll

Many will say it lol ill say it, Halo 2 and Halo 3 are the the best Halo games, you just hate MP ghost, that's why your favorite game stalker, you don't like playing against real people

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jeezers

@pc_rocks said:
@jeezers said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

King? LMAO!

Not a king for sure.

Its the best game for a controller as well, Halo works off the holy trifecta of shoot/melee/grenade, each equally as important as the other. Most FPS games, its who shoots who first and that's it. Because of shields there is an actual back and forth fight. Halo isnt BF or COD and its better for it.

Also the UI is fine lol stop exaggerating

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@jeezers said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

said no one ever.

go through every poll

Many will say it lol ill say it, Halo 2 and Halo 3 are the the best Halo games, you just hate MP ghost, that's why your favorite game stalker, you don't like playing against real people

Halo 2 and Halo 3 lost the Halo feel ie Semi sandbox. Halo 1 was one of first FPS that adopted semi sandbox design despite some of level design was bland.

that design later adopted by Far Cry and Crysis later.

Halo 2 to onwards just say "hey instead of improving SP formua, lets do complete focus on MP" and ruined it.

Halo infinite has chance to be CE like semi sandbox game.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jeezers

@ghosts4ever:

I dont get what this "semi sandbox" feel is you are talking about, Halo one SP was a linear FPS. All of the SP campaigns in the halo franchise are linear FPS. What was the sandbox? I don't see it, that's why you put the word "semi" before sandbox because you know that's some bs lol Go from one area to the next killing the enemies in that area...whats the "sandbox" element

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghosts4ever

@jeezers said:

@ghosts4ever:

I dont get what this "semi sandbox" feel is you are talking about, Halo one SP was a linear FPS. All of the SP campaigns in the halo franchise are linear FPS. What was the sandbox? I don't see it, that's why you put the word "semi" before sandbox because you know that's some bs lol Go from one area to the next killing the enemies in that area...whats the "sandbox" element

theres some level that are semi sandbox and have freedom for its time.

Loading Video...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeezers

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

off the top of my head, Slayer, Team slayer, Team Doubles, Big Team Battle, Oddball, Territories, Capture the flag, king of the hill, It gets weird tho because MCC actually implemented game modes like Swat as well into halo 2, where in the past it was a custom game mode im not sure if they did the same thing with infection/zombies.

I was a fan of alot of the custom game types in halo 2, zombies and swat were so popular, bungie made them official game types in halo 3, here's a list of some of the most popular ones and on which maps.

Ascension:

• Tower of Power

Backwash:

• Zombies

Burial Mounds:

• Zombies
  • Tremors

Coagulation:

• Cat & Mouse
  • Troy
  • Tremors

Colossus:

• Dodgeball

Foundation:

• Zombies

Gemini:

• Zombies

Headlong:

• Zombies
  • President/VIP
  • Tremors

Lockout:

• Cops n Crooks
  • M. Jackson/M. Myers
  • Boxing
  • Swords
  • Fiesta Hill
  • Golden showers on lockout (ffa slayer with sentinel beams) added by srgramrod

Midship:

• Fiesta Hill
  • King Kong added by DJaedion

Relic:

• Tremors

Terminal:

• Train Spotting - shotgun only KOTH on Terminal. The hill is in the base on the tracks. added by JBurton90
  • Attic - CTF gametype, Offensive team needs to kill players in Attic by any means necessary. Defending team just tries to stay alive hiding in the attic until the time runs out.

Turf:

• Lava Man

Zanzibar:

• Border Patrol
  • JFK

All:

• Glitches
  • Hide and Seek
  • SWAT
  • Bumper Cars (Large maps)
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Currently playing Halo Reach on PC, looking forward for 2 :D.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jg4xchamp

@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Back in the old days? shit man I lost count. Would expect the MCC play lists to be a bit limited.

Vanilla Halo 2 playlists will probably be
Team Slayer - 4v4 deathmatch
Swat - it's just death match where its headshots or bust with the BR
CTF
Assault - you have to go in an plant a bomb
Territories - hardpoint
King of the Hill
Oddball - you have a ball that you have to hold on to for x amount to win
The above modes but as 8v8
There is probably a ffa

But the fan made custom games when that game was live was something else entirely. Shit like the races n zombie mode that would be in Halo 3 started as just fan made custom games in Halo 2. There was so much stuff people got out of such simple systems n options. Was a hell of a time.

Fair warning tho, the aim assist in Halo for the sticks is borderline absurd. I generally do fine in these cross play titles with the mouse n keyboard just fine, but close quarters Halo feels like I actually get robbed sometimes up close. If you're high end type player on mouse n keyboard you might be fine, but even some of those cats argue at least with Halo Reach how jacked that shit is. Tho Reach has its own problems.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PC_Rocks

@jeezers said:
@pc_rocks said:

Its the best game for a controller as well, Halo works off the holy trifecta of shoot/melee/grenade, each equally as important as the other. Most FPS games, its who shoots who first and that's it. Because of shields there is an actual back and forth fight. Halo isnt BF or COD and its better for it.

Also the UI is fine lol stop exaggerating

You proved all my points.