Half Life 2 is NOT better than games like Halo, Crysis, KZ, and CoD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Instashot
Member since 2010 • 665 Posts

ok so Half Life 2 has an awesome story, cool but it lacks alot bang that these games listed in the OP present.

Say if you have a group of friends over which do you think they would have a more entertaining watching, HL2 or 1 of the 4 games listed above....

HL2 lacks a strong feel to it really, guns don't feel strong, vehicles aren't entertaining, the action isn't over the top crazy or entertaining either..

HL2 did bring one good thing with it though, source engine.

Thats about it.

Halo, Crysis, KZ2, and CoD 4>>>>Half Life 2

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

By over-the-top action, do you mean in a style similar to Michael Bay movies? If so, count me out please and thank you!

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
Compare another 2004 game to it and we'll talk.
HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HelloMoto56
Member since 2010 • 1233 Posts

you didn't just say that...

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

ok so Half Life 2 has an awesome story, cool but it lacks alot bang that these games listed in the OP present.

Say if you have a group of friends over which do you think they would have a more entertaining watching, HL2 or 1 of the 4 games listed above....

HL2 lacks a strong feel to it really, guns don't feel strong, vehicles aren't entertaining, the action isn't over the top crazy or entertaining either..

Thats about it.

Instashot

HAHAHAHAHAH HL pwns any Fps today

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
another lame flamebait thread.....
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
theres a reason why a lot of those games are higher than hl2 on gamerankings. the majority of them have more options and better gameplay value than hl2. i will never play it again just because of the multiple boretastic driving sections added in just to make the game longer, as well as the puzzles a 3 year old could figure out.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Half-Life 2 has a myriad of problems, including poor vehicle sections, repetitive puzzles, and average-at-best gunplay.

However, with the possible exception of Halo, no other game on that list has had anywhere near the influence. And yes, I'm including CoD4.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
nah, HL stomps all aver those games... Freeman + crowbar + Gravity Gun = Epic Ownage
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
How could you even....? Why would you even....? What?
KevinButlerVP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KevinButlerVP
Member since 2010 • 2378 Posts
O_o compare the game to games that came out around it's time not games that came out 3-6 years later
MoldySasquatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MoldySasquatch
Member since 2007 • 604 Posts

no, i love halo but half life crushes everything.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

TS your argument it baseless. it depends on what each person likes. for me HL2 is one of the very best FPS games iv played. Unless you count fallout 3 as a FPS in that case HL2 is def at least #2 ;). to me most of those FPS games like halo,CoD,killzone 2 are cheap thrills that gets old fast. Not that im bashing them . They kind of remind me of the side scrolling beat'em up games of the 16 bit days. fun for a quick play threw then thats it. of course i hate online play like death match ect so.

Shoaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 Shoaka
Member since 2009 • 643 Posts

Your wrong the only game that compares to it, is Mass Effect 2.

MRBUCKMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MRBUCKMASTER
Member since 2010 • 758 Posts
oh goodness..... this isn't gonna end well.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
O_o compare the game to games that came out around it's time not games that came out 3-6 years laterKevinButlerVP
there we go, thats exactly it. when it came out, it was the best around. but now, its not even close. so many games have passed it in terms or quality and quantity of gameplay.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#17 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Not sure if serious, but:

In terms of linear single player FPS, HL2 is pretty much the best game out there. Comparing a limited and uncreative game like CoD, which hasn't evolved at all over the past few years, to HL2 is very cute.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

I didn't find the background story in Half Life 2 to be all that special and I still disagree(I will agree though that the shooting mechanics aren't exactly the game's forte). The only game in that list that I might consider to surpassing Half Life 2 is Crysis(yes I said it, Crysis!)--though bear in mind that I haven't played KZ2 yet and Halo: I played all of them, but when it comes to single player campaigns I only got to finish the first one.

gc88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gc88
Member since 2009 • 713 Posts

that's your opinion. some people would rather play half life 2 over those games

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

Believe it or not, Half-Life 2 isn't the perfect jewel a lot of gamers make it out to be. Gunplay and driving sequences could be a lot beter. However, it's a little unfair to compare a game from 2004 to recent shooters, but if Hermits want to consider HL2 as a "current gen" game, I guess it technically counts... :?

However TC, there are reason the game gets as much praise as it does. I just think Hermits overexaggerate how good the game is much like Cows do with Killzone (I can be guilty of this), and Lems to Halo.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

[QUOTE="KevinButlerVP"]O_o compare the game to games that came out around it's time not games that came out 3-6 years latermtradr43
there we go, thats exactly it. when it came out, it was the best around. but now, its not even close. so many games have passed it in terms or quality and quantity of gameplay.

Weird. I went through Half-Life 2 and it's episodes again last year and I still felt it easily held a candle against all the FPS out these days. Actually I feel it's still superior to most FPS coming out these days.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts
TS is a casual gamer.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Thats about it.

Instashot

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That should about do it.

1. The guns and vehicles feel great, If you don't like them that's your opinion.

2. Since when does the action have to be over the top or crazy? It's thoughts like that that made Transformers 2 possible!

3. HL2 brought much more than source. It set the standard for all modern FPS games, and to this day it's episodes are far superior to any of the games you listed.

I can get bashing L4D, but HL2 is what all FPS games should strive to be. And just for good measure: :lol:

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xYamatox

TS is a casual gamer.Fried_Shrimp

HL2 is a pretty casual game, so I don't know why you'd imply this... :?

Heck, my step-dad who hardly ever plays games bought and beat HL2 with little effort.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts
HL2 had an awesome story?
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eggimannd

Thats about it.

Instashot

None of those games engross me as well as HL2 when it comes to atmosphere. Those games don't come even close to the Half-Life series when it comes to bringing the player in to the universe of the game.

Sorry. A game doesn't necessarily have to be over the top crazy to be a masterpiece and that's exactly what HL2 is.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Eggimannd

HL2 had an awesome story?Stevo_the_gamer

No. But in my opinion it's the best game there is as to how it tells it.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="Instashot"]

Thats about it.

Head_of_games
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That should about do it. 1. The guns and vehicles feel great, If you don't like them that's your opinion. 2. Since when does the action have to be over the top or crazy? It's thoughts like that that made Transformers 2 possible! 3. HL2 brought much more than source. It set the standard for all modern FPS games, and to this day it's episodes are far superior to any of the games you listed. I can get bashing L4D, but HL2 is what all FPS game should strive to be. And just for good measure: :lol:

The vehicles are flat out badly designed, and the gunplay is average at best. Even the most die hard fans of the game will admit this.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
guys the TC hasn't posted a single thing after his OP..
Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fried_Shrimp

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"]TS is a casual gamer.xYamatox

Heck, my step-dad who hardly ever plays games bought and beat HL2 with little effort.

No, Half Life 2 is a hardcore game. Killzone 2 is a casual game. Your dad played a hardcore game.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Head_of_games

HL2 had an awesome story?Stevo_the_gamer
Maybe not compared to Novels and such, but compared to most FPS' it's the ****ing Godfather.

Yes, and I hardly watch movies and I watched the Shawshank redemption. The fact that your step-dad can get into it just proves how good of a game it is.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xYamatox

[QUOTE="Instashot"]

Thats about it.

Eggimannd

None of those games engross me as well as HL2 when it comes to atmosphere. Those games don't come even close to the Half-Life series when it comes to bringing the player in to the universe of the game.

Sorry. A game doesn't necessarily have to be over the top crazy to be a masterpiece and that's exactly what HL2 is.

Joke? HL2 is a very good game worthy of AAA status, but it's not really a "masterpiece". The TC is pretty much correct when he says the best thing it brought was the Source Engine (which is closer to a "masterpiece" than HL2 ever could be).

jonathant5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jonathant5
Member since 2010 • 873 Posts
As another user said, the argument that you have put forth is baseless and makes no sense. Half Life 2 was a revolutionary game for the time. First of all it looked and ran great, Second of all, it had great puzzles and it had physics based puzzles which was pretty awesome for the time. It had a great storyline, memorable characters and overall was a great game. And, on the multiplayer front, it had HL2 DM and CS:S, one of which is still one of the most played and competitive FPS out there. Halo3, although a fun game, had nothing special to it, CoD4 had an extremely short and liner campaign, although the MP was great (although too easy and full of noobs imo), Crysis had a fun and unique SP, but the MP (which from what i can tell is the whole basis of your argument) was executed poorly. And KZ2, well fun game, but nothing special.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"]TS is a casual gamer.Fried_Shrimp

No, Half Life 2 is a hardcore game. Killzone 2 is a casual game. Your dad played a hardcore game.

Explain how you categorize Hardcore from Casual. I'd love to hear it :)

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Instashot

Yep, its easy mode.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#37 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I actually agree with the gunplay being lackluster apart from the Gravity Gun. I loved the game, but the action-packed levels near the end of the game seemed a bit of a bore because they lacked the same sense of novelty and creativity the first half of the game had.

But it's still an awesome game as that is pretty much the only thing I see wrong with it.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Yeah lets compare a game that came out in 2004 to titles that came out in 2008 or later. None of the titles you listed will be in the same league as Half Life 3 once it's released. Even so, the only thing that makes the games you listed great were the multiplayer. Half Life was never about multiplayer, it was about the single player experience, and in that area it completely excels over Halo, KZ2, CoD4, and Crysis. The multiplayer was left to the mods and other full titles that were created with the source engine. That engine brought us awesome titles like Counterstrike Source, Team Fortress 2, and Left for Dead.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="Instashot"]

Thats about it.

xYamatox

Joke? HL2 is a very good game worthy of AAA status, but it's not really a "masterpiece". The TC is pretty much correct when he says the best thing it brought was the Source Engine (which is closer to a "masterpiece" than HL2 ever could be).

Sure it has a few faults but even after playing many FPS games, not a single one of them has absorbed me into its gaming world as perfectly as HL2 has. And that is exactly what I look for when it comes to amazing games, how much I'm absorbed in it. It's definitely a masterpiece in my eyes.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

Believe it or not, Half-Life 2 isn't the perfect jewel a lot of gamers make it out to be. Gunplay and driving sequences could be a lot beter. However, it's a little unfair to compare a game from 2004 to recent shooters, but if Hermits want to consider HL2 as a "current gen" game, I guess it technically counts... :?

However TC, there are reason the game gets as much praise as it does. I just think Hermits overexaggerate how good the game is much like Cows do with Killzone (I can be guilty of this), and Lems to Halo.

xYamatox

That might have some truth to it, but I still agree with DraugenCP, Half Life still continues to be one of my favorite series when it comes to linear singleplayer FPS.

It's actually far from being my favorite FPS experience, since I'm a huge fan of thinking man FPS's/shooters. I can safely tell you that I at least liked and still do like Half Life 2 a hell of a lot more than Killzone 1(the only one I played XD) and Halo 1(considered by many fans to be the best)--I personally thought that its level design was a mess. Will have to try Killzone 2.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Head_of_games

[QUOTE="Head_of_games"][QUOTE="Instashot"]

Thats about it.

DarkLink77

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That should about do it. 1. The guns and vehicles feel great, If you don't like them that's your opinion. 2. Since when does the action have to be over the top or crazy? It's thoughts like that that made Transformers 2 possible! 3. HL2 brought much more than source. It set the standard for all modern FPS games, and to this day it's episodes are far superior to any of the games you listed. I can get bashing L4D, but HL2 is what all FPS game should strive to be. And just for good measure: :lol:

The vehicles are flat out badly designed, and the gunplay is average at best. Even the most die hard fans of the game will admit this.

The Vehicles control realistically, and I have no problem with the Gunplay. Especially the Grav Gun.

Haters gonna Hate

See ya.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fried_Shrimp

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"][QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

Casual gamers play FPS games like Halo and Killzone.

Hardcore gamers play FPS games like System Shock and Half Life.

Simple. Put it in your sig if you like.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

Eggimannd

Sure it has a few faults but even after playing many FPS games, not a single one of them has absorbed me into its gaming world as perfectly as HL2 has. And that is exactly what I look for when it comes to amazing games, how much I'm absorbed in it. It's definitely a masterpiece in my eyes.

Problem being is that anyone could say that about any FPS. It may have been easy to get sucked into for you, but it may not have been the same way for everyone else. Heavy Rain got me sucked in throughout the whole game (couldn't put it down until I beat it), but I still wouldn't consider it a masterpiece by any means.

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Instashot
[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"][QUOTE="xYamatox"]

No, Half Life 2 is a hardcore game. Killzone 2 is a casual game. Your dad played a hardcore game.Fried_Shrimp

Casual gamers play FPS games like Halo and Killzone. Hardcore gamers play FPS games like System Shock and Half Life. Simple.

Incorrect, real gamers play games from today like Halo and Killzone while retro gamers (you and all HL fans alike) think the old games are better than the new one just because you want to seem "indy". System Shock and HL were good games for there time (they are still good) but there are much better games out right now.
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

Problem being is that anyone could say that about any FPS. It may have been easy to get sucked into for you, but it may not have been the same way for everyone else. Heavy Rain got me sucked in throughout the whole game (couldn't put it down until I beat it), but I still wouldn't consider it a masterpiece by any means.

Not really. You can hate on the gunplay and vehicle sequences in HL2, but fact is very few games come close to the atmosphere presented in HL2.

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"] No, Half Life 2 is a hardcore game. Killzone 2 is a casual game. Your dad played a hardcore game.Fried_Shrimp

Casual gamers play FPS games like Halo and Killzone. Hardcore gamers play FPS games like System Shock and Half Life. Simple.

You're avoiding the question. I didn't ask for a statement, I asked for an explaination. What makes Halo/Kilzone casual, and System Shock/Half-Life "hardcore"...? Cuz to me, it just seems that if it doesn't run on your PC, it couldn't be anything other than "casual". :P

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Thankfully Half Life 2 is leagues deeper than running down corridors and shooting things in the face. Like Call of Duty, Killzone, Halo, the exception being Crysis as it's a different brand of game design entirely (more inconsistent mind you). Obviously TC your preference in video games is pretty exclusive. So, no for a six year old game Half Life 2 is still so remarkably good it's shocking, especially considering how bland the shooter genre is today.
Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Instashot
Thankfully Half Life 2 is leagues deeper than running down corridors and shooting things in the face. Like Call of Duty, Killzone, Halo, the exception being Crysis as it's a different brand of game design entirely (more inconsistent mind you). Obviously TC your preference in video games is pretty exclusive. So, no for a six year old game Half Life 2 is still so remarkably good it's shocking, especially considering how bland the shooter genre is today.skrat_01
I like old games. Still play BF2 (since 2005) more than BC2...
Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fried_Shrimp

I asked for an explaination. What makes Halo/Kilzone casual, and System Shock/Half-Life "hardcore"...?

xYamatox

Depth.

I would argue that Metroid Prime 3 is more hardcore than Halo 3 for that reason.