guys, i have been milked by sony

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fishing666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 fishing666
Member since 2004 • 2113 Posts
I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautiful
peaceoutmedusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 peaceoutmedusa
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts
I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautifulfishing666
so that is why they call you "cows"?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautifulfishing666

PS3's play PSOne games.;)

So you are mad at Sony because YOU didn't do any research?:|

As far as PS2 BC, uh...welcome to SW year's ago. It's a shame you didn't do any research before purchase. However, the PSONe games you listed still work.

It's unlikely you actually bought a PS3 Slim, as you would have noticed the PSOne games are BC, just not PS2 games. As far as "Various Sources", I've never heard of someone saying Slim's magically have PS2 BC.

Is it a shame? Sure, but this topic is way late and years old. The PS2 BC was removed long before the SLIM model was introduced. The PS3's are BC, and people assume they are BC with PSOne and PS2, when in reality they are just BC with PSOne.

Many of my Xbox and Wii buddies even knew they took out PS2 BC back in the day...so it's a shame you didn't do a tiny bit of research.:(

Either way, I'm glad I got my two 60gig PS3's at home, since they are PS2 and PSone BC.:P

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I thought it plays PS1 games just not PS2? Anyway, that's your fault for not doing research on the Slim

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

[QUOTE="fishing666"]I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautifulSolidTy

As far as PS2, uh...welcome to SW year's ago. It's a shame you didn't do any research before purchase. However, the PSONe games you listed still work.

It's unlikely you actually bought a PS3 Slim, as you would have noticed the PSOne games are BC, just not PS2 games. As far as "Various Sources", I've never heard of someone saying Slim's magically have PS2 BC.

Is it a shame? Sure, but this topic is way late and years old.

I don't even own a PS3 and I knew the slim wasn't PS2 compatible.
fishing666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fishing666
this topic is never old and i do have a ps3. And yes ps3 plays psone games but 6 and 9 aren't available online as downloads. All ps1 games should be downloadable and ps2 should be playable via disk. thx.
KristoffBrujah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KristoffBrujah
Member since 2005 • 1860 Posts

[QUOTE="fishing666"]I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautifulSolidTy

As far as PS2, uh...welcome to SW year's ago. It's a shame you didn't do any research before purchase. However, the PSONe games you listed still work.

Is it a shame? Sure, but this topic is way late and years old.

You serious? Slims have backward compatibility with PSOne games? BTW, I own a Slim and thought no backward compatibility. My favorite RPG's are all PS1.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="fishing666"]I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautifulUgalde-

PS3's play PSOne games.

So you are mad at Sony because YOU didn't do any research?

As far as PS2 BC, uh...welcome to SW year's ago. It's a shame you didn't do any research before purchase. However, the PSONe games you listed still work.

Is it a shame? Sure, but this topic is way late and years old. The PS2 BC was removed long before the SLIM model was introduced. The PS3's are BC, and people assume they are BC with PSOne and PS2, when in reality they are just BC with PSOne.

Many of my Xbox and Wii buddies even knew they took out PS2 BC back in the day...so it's a shame you didn't do a tiny bit of research.

Either way, I'm glad I got my two 60gig PS3's at home, since they are PS2 and PSone BC.

I don't even own a PS3 and I knew the slim wasn't PS2 compatible.

Yeah, it's fairly common knowledge, but I can accept him not knowing BEFORE His purchase...it's just why purchase something without doing a tiny bit of research? Cars, Home, HDTV's, Computers...even our consoles.

I don't understand plunking $299 and then finding out what is easily researched....then coming here to a forum and expecting users that learned this years ago to sympathize all these years later.

Even if I made that mistake of buying before research, I'm not sure I would admit that I bought without research to anyone...especially old news.

Yes, it's crappy, and I understand, but I don't have sympathy at this point, same for those that bought a DSi and expect GBA BC. When the DSi first came out, I understand that users accidently may have bought it without realizing GBA BC. However, the DSi has been out for a long time. Same for PSP Go, etc. You see what I'm saying.:P

When the PS2 BC was first removed from fat PS3's back in the day, I sympathized with those new customers that came to SW long ago, since it was a brand new issue...but now in March 2010...dang! A little research is called for at this point. :P

You are like my Xbox and Wii buddies that knew of the PS2 BC removal from PS3's, so it is fairly common knowledge.:P

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BPoole96

this topic is never old and i do have a ps3. And yes ps3 plays psone games but 6 and 9 aren't available online as downloads. All ps1 games should be downloadable and ps2 should be playable via disk. thx.fishing666

If you had your PS3 about 2 years ago you'd know that it has come a LONG way with PSOne Classics. There used to hardly be any. Now it has some of the older gems like MGS1, FF7, Crash Bandicoot, Syphoon Filter, Spyro, etc.

FF7 was heavily demanded by users so if a game gets enough hype from the public Sony is likely to bring it into the store

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

this topic is never old and i do have a ps3. And yes ps3 plays psone games but 6 and 9 aren't available online as downloads. All ps1 games should be downloadable and ps2 should be playable via disk. thx.fishing666
You can buy both FF 6&9 at amazon new for about $14 each

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
I am sorry, but you should've done some research before buying anything
gunit3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gunit3000
Member since 2004 • 360 Posts

I would blame myself for being dumb rather thn blaming Sony

HerzogJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HerzogJan
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts

You are bery bery naieve boy.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
[QUOTE="fishing666"]I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautifulpeaceoutmedusa
so that is why they call you "cows"?

dang my post was taken by the first reply
fishing666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fishing666
i have a ps2 also but it doesn't connect to my computer monitor like my ps3 does. I want to play these ps2 games but I ain't getting off my ass to the living room to play.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy

so that is why they call you "cows"?peaceoutmedusa

No, that name comes from the PS2 era. Of the fanboy names, it's obviously the easiest one to make fun jokes.

The name came from the PS2, which was because it was considered here at SW that the PS2 milked it's customers due to accessory add ons like the MEMORY CARD, Hard drive, Online Adapter, Multitap, etc.

Ironically, the PS3 isn't like the PS2 in that regard. That honor has moved on to a different console.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
What sources said the slim plays PS2 games because they are the ones milking and making stuff up.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BPoole96

i have a ps2 also but it doesn't connect to my computer monitor like my ps3 does. I want to play these ps2 games but I ain't getting off my ass to the living room to play.fishing666

So you didn't do you research and now your too lazy to go into a different room to play? Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you could e-mail Sony and Kaz Hirai could call you and motivate you to move 30 feet

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
[QUOTE="fishing666"]I bought a ps3 slim 120GB expecting to play my ps2 and ps1 collection. I am able to connect my ps3 slim to my monitor via HDMI. The slim ps3 is more energy efficient but i can't play my ps2 collection. bs bs bs Various sources says ps3 slim is capable of emulating ps2 games but did not do so in favour of making more profits. Well, I want to buy FF6,9,12 to play on my ps3 slim but Sony, i'm sorry, you just missed out 60$ or so. I do have a ps2 that only hooks up to my tube tv but i hate going to my tv to play video games. Sony sucks. don't act so smart, maybe i'll let you milk me next time. note: i love ff13 beautiful

lol really?? RESEARCH dude, thats the key to buying what u want.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BPoole96

[QUOTE="peaceoutmedusa"] so that is why they call you "cows"?SolidTy

No, that name comes from the PS2 era. Of the fanboy names, it's obviously the easiest one to make fun jokes.

The name came from the PS2, which was because it was considered here at SW that the PS2 milked it's customers due to accessory add ons like the MEMORY CARD, Hard drive, Online Adapter, Multitap, etc.

Ironically, the PS3 isn't like the PS2 in that regard. That honor has moved on to a different console.

Exactly! Which is why I think all the fanboy names should just be trashed. Being called a Cow doesn't fit well at all anymore. Plus, it sounds degrading

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

You do know Sony doesn't own all the rights to all the games they put on PSN right? They have to pay royalities to license the game for download on PSN. Now, for just one second, let's imagine they did have every game on the PS1 for dowload. How many people do you think will buy them? Enough to cover the cost of licensing the games? That's what Sony has to deal with when it decides which games they want to put on PSN.

Basically:

Game on PSN = Royalities to developer.

Not enuff people buy games = Sony can't pay developer = No game.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="peaceoutmedusa"] so that is why they call you "cows"?SolidTy

it seems the title "sheep" or "sheeps" as some "cows" call them are the new "sheep" and the old "sheep" are new "cows"

Failed2Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Failed2Live
Member since 2005 • 489 Posts

Hey guess what... You should have looked into that before you bought it. The 60 GB PS3 is the best one for playing PS2 and PS1 games. I want to get one cause I own Silent Hill, Tenchu, Soul Reaver, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions... So I can understand your frustration.

Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

Makes me feel proud to own one of the few ps3 models that can play ps2 games.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OneLazyAsian

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="peaceoutmedusa"] so that is why they call you "cows"?surrealnumber5

it seems the title "sheep" or "sheeps" as some "cows" call them are the new "sheep" and the old "sheep" are new "cows"

What about the lemmings? They aren't exactly blindly following a dying console over a cliff anymore... What should we call them now?

hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts

Makes me feel proud to own one of the few ps3 models that can play ps2 games.

Jfisch93

Truth.

Another thing is you weren't milked. you just didn't do your research. I bought the pa3 day one and got one game and one movie. It was rough for a ps3 owner I tell you at the time. But now I have an entire shelve for my blu ray collection as well a good number of ps3 games. I tend to lean toward the 360 in terms of games, but I've never bought the amount of games I have for one system in such a short time. Heavy rain, ff13 and now god3 all were already pre paid.

lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts

So its Sony's fault TC cant read?

There is no BC in the Slim model. Ps1 games work on all ps3 models.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

OneLazyAsian

What about the lemmings? They aren't exactly blindly following a dying console over a cliff anymore... What should we call them now?

well, i dont know, till their is a clear name that would be more fitting, i would say, the status quo is the best stance.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OneLazyAsian

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] it seems the title "sheep" or "sheeps" as some "cows" call them are the new "sheep" and the old "sheep" are new "cows"

surrealnumber5

well, i dont know, till their is a clear name that would be more fitting, i would say, the status quo is the best stance.

What kind of animal overheats itself? :P

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

OneLazyAsian

hippos
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

It only does everything.

T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Once I found out that they removed the PS2 BC, I went and bought a used 60 gig:D

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] well, i dont know, till their is a clear name that would be more fitting, i would say, the status quo is the best stance.

surrealnumber5

hippos

hahah I think its kind of fitting. Cows are a pretty pudgy creatures themselves, it would makes sense in a twisted sort of way...
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

There's more holes in that story than swiss cheese.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
i have a ps2 also but it doesn't connect to my computer monitor like my ps3 does. I want to play these ps2 games but I ain't getting off my ass to the living room to play.fishing666
Are you going to blame Sony for making you lazy? Seriously dude you should have researched the PS3 more before making a purchase.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts

Gxgear

I very much disagree, the story makes perfect sense when you take the following elements into account

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts

PS3 has not had PS2 compatibility for a long time now. Had you done even a rudimentary level of research on the 120GB Slim before purchase, you'd have known it did not change that. Sony is going to start selling PS2 games via PSN at some juncture, but including full BC in the hardware doesn't seem like something that is in the works. Selling the games over the PSN with emulation for each one is obviously going to make them more money. Sony did not deceive you in anyway here. You have access to the internet, the largest library of knowledge the world has ever had. Try using it. (Google it, is what I am saying here)

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
well your the fool for not doing research before buying it genius >_>
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

This is the reason I jumped ship and didn't buy a PS3, Sony have got way above their station this gen and their prices have reflected that. You could always return it if it bothers you that much.

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

This is the reason I jumped ship and didn't buy a PS3, Sony have got way above their station this gen and their prices have reflected that. You could always return it if it bothers you that much.

SapSacPrime
BC will return, you can quote me on that ;)
Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

alextherussian

I very much disagree, the story makes perfect sense when you take the following elements into account

ohhhhh so thats what it was about :P

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts
[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="SapSacPrime"]

BC will return, you can quote me on that ;)

I wouldn't hold my breath...but I'm sure 90% of the PS2 games will be on PSN soon enough.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Why buy a Ps3 if you want play ps1/ps2 games...dont be lazy use your ps2:P

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Always do some research before purchasing a console. I once bought a car without knowing much about it, and i regretted it.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#46 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
This deserve a big facepalm. TC, next time you want to buy something do some research first.
Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

You know mate, reading the box of what you buy, is normally a good advise, so, you could have seen that in the back, in red, it says that it does not read PS2 games -.-

tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
Wait, people usually think it's a hassle connecting back and forth between two or more systems on ONE tv. So what you're telling me is that you're too lazy to go to the next room to play an already connected console? You need to go back under your bridge.
DVeight8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DVeight8
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

OP is fail

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

God forbid Sony expect you to use your PS2 to play PS2 games. No, they should force everyone to buy a PS2 within the PS3 hardware once again just like they ahd been in the past - that would been a much better decision by Sony, especially when people who buy PS3s probably already own PS2s. But no, you can't be bothered to go into the other room and use the TV.