GTAIV is better on PS3 than 360

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 ShmenonPie
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!lockjaw333

I appreciate your intelligent contribution. Thank you. 

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

According to Gamespot statistics, that is:

X360: 

Rank on X360: 13 of 392

PS3:

Rank on PS3: 3 of 242

So, poor misguided 360 buyers, now you should realise that you made a big mistake if you like the GTA series at all!

ShmenonPie

/headexplodes

What exactly am I looking at?  Specially when the game has yet to be released lol.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

Well, I'm actually unbiased as I haven't got a PS3 yet (but I have extensive knowledge of it and practically live at my friends house who has a PS3), so I'm not trying to justify my purchase. I have a PS2, Xbox and GC, and in England it's the equivalent of $850 dollars for a PS3, and I'm happy to spend that money on buying a superior console. In myunbiased opinion, it's a farbetter console, and I have had second thoughts and thougt to myself, should I buy a 360 instead, but I thought no, because I want the best, like Hidoe Kojima sais, 'cinema eperience'.

ShmenonPie

I own both.  This being the case, it has become *QUITE* clear to me that Hideo is either speaking in some ambiguous metaphorical manner, or he's a Sony stooge talking out of his ass.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Rofl.  That's because there are a lot less games on the PS3 drawing high caliber attention.
EeXerO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 EeXerO
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

This thread is quite funny actually :P Well then I think that the 360 version will be better than the PS3 version. Look at all the games that are out to the PS3 and is out to the 360 too, the 360 versions of every game is better; graphics, physics and all the things that you look at is better on the 360.

I'm not so good at english so excuse me if I did anything wrong with my... um... little opinion up there, ok? :D

OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts

your a joke TC! wait wait lemme guess its Teh Cell right?:roll:

The-0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 The-0ne
Member since 2005 • 2785 Posts
Maybe because the 360 has more, better games...?
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

You're using Gamespot most wanted stats as an indication of quality..

:|

ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ShmenonPie
[QUOTE="ShmenonPie"]

Well, I'm actually unbiased as I haven't got a PS3 yet (but I have extensive knowledge of it and practically live at my friends house who has a PS3), so I'm not trying to justify my purchase. I have a PS2, Xbox and GC, and in England it's the equivalent of $850 dollars for a PS3, and I'm happy to spend that money on buying a superior console. In myunbiased opinion, it's a farbetter console, and I have had second thoughts and thougt to myself, should I buy a 360 instead, but I thought no, because I want the best, like Hidoe Kojima sais, 'cinema eperience'.

AfterShafter

I own both. This being the case, it has become *QUITE* clear to me that Hideo is either speaking in some ambiguous metaphorical manner, or he's a Sony stooge talking out of his ass.

Hideo Kojima is the creator of MGS series, the latest of which has not been despoiled by the 360's lack of goaranteed HDD and DVD9 format. He sasy that PS3 is like being in a cinema, with it being the fully blown experience, and the 360 a tuned down DVD format, and that's a very good analogy. He is a brilliant man, and his words are true, and he is definitely not 'a Sony stooge talking out of his ass'. So now you're educated properly on the matter. 

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="ShmenonPie"]

ShmenonPie

I own both. This being the case, it has become *QUITE* clear to me that Hideo is either speaking in some ambiguous metaphorical manner, or he's a Sony stooge talking out of his ass.

Hideo Kojima is the creator of MGS series, the latest of which has not been despoiled by the 360's lack of goaranteed HDD and DVD9 format. He sasy that PS3 is like being in a cinema, with it being the fully blown experience, and the 360 a tuned down DVD format, and that's a very good analogy. He is a brilliant man, and his words are true, and he is definitely not 'a Sony stooge talking out of his ass'. So now you're educated properly on the matter. 

Yet Konami hints at a 360 version.  Remember DMC4?

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

[QUOTE="skelebull3000"]Well, it's safe to say that the thread and the pole have backfired on the TC.Verge_6

:lol: Dude, I love your Heroes .gif. 

Thx, I like it too. Hiro is one of my favorite characters in the series :P

ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ShmenonPie

your a joke TC! wait wait lemme guess its Teh Cell right?:roll:

OpticalCanine

No, I'm not a joke TC, but the truth can be uncomfortable, and I accept that. 

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#63 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

as i see it, from a dev point of view, you could argue either way.  Rockstar said that the 360 has limitations

What the 360 has going for it is that GTA4 is a 360 game that is being ported as its being made. 

What the ps3 has going for it is hardware.  The 360 has 3 different models, and all its games have to be playable on even the inferior core system.  This means 360 games have to be playbable without a hard drive.  I dont know if bluray will help the ps3 version any, but it might.  The ps3 version will probably have extra content and whatnot (which is traditional for ports).  Of course, it has to be essentially the same game as the 360 version, so the ps3 version will suffer from the 360's failings.

360 version wins, in the short term anyway.  In the long term, probably 360 as well, since having a game being made around a system gives that system the best version 9 times out of 10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Thx, I like it too. Hiro is one of my favorite characters in the series :Pskelebull3000
Hiro is awesome.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

That proves nothing about how good the game will be.

And I think Rockstar will probably try to make the games fairly equal.

ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ShmenonPie
[QUOTE="ShmenonPie"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="ShmenonPie"]

Nagidar

Yet Konami hints at a 360 version. Remember DMC4?

A 360 version. It's either going to be on about 20 discs, or it's going to look, sound and play horribly. Or, it doesn't exist. The latter, I think. 

aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts

Let me make sure I understand this TC.  More people clicked on GTAIV for the PS3 than the 360, so that means they all have information that it will be better?  You pretty much said this in one of your posts because you said "Yes, which means more people show interest in the PS3 one, and why COULD that be??? There has to be a reason for that!" 

I have two problems with this.  1)  You with your extensive knowledge of all things PS3 have no concrete information regarding this and 2) even if you didn't know and all those PS3 owners did, I find it odd that not one of them would come here and post this supposed reason it will be better. 

So, how about instead of posting things that YOU think HINT at the PS3 version being better, you just post actual information stating that it will be?

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
[QUOTE="Nagidar"][QUOTE="ShmenonPie"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="ShmenonPie"]

ShmenonPie

Yet Konami hints at a 360 version. Remember DMC4?

A 360 version. It's either going to be on about 20 discs, or it's going to look, sound and play horribly. Or, it doesn't exist. The latter, I think. 

You actually buy into what devs tell you, don't you?  Haven't you learned yet? Haven't past "PS3 only" games that went to the 360 taught you anything?

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 skelebull3000

This thread is quite funny actually :P Well then I think that the 360 version will be better than the PS3 version. Look at all the games that are out to the PS3 and is out to the 360 too, the 360 versions of every game is better; graphics, physics and all the things that you look at is better on the 360.

I'm not so good at english so excuse me if I did anything wrong with my... um... little opinion up there, ok? :D

EeXerO

Flawless, can't see any mitake. What's your native language?

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

A 360 version. It's either going to be on about 20 discs, or it's going to look, sound and play horribly. Or, it doesn't exist. The latter, I think. ShmenonPie

Speculation.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

ShmenonPie

Interesting that the console with the best online service, highest rated games, and best looking game,
is the "despoiled" one while the one that is currently second rate in all of these areas is the "cinema like experience." 

But eh, I guess I just needed some education...  Education in the fact that Hideo's comments do not at this time reflect the blatant reality of the situation.  Cinema like experience from the PS3?  At this point, it is clearly the second rate experience - until something happens to change this fact, Hideo is talking out of his ass.  Mr.Hideo, however "brilliant" he may be, cannot show me games on the PS3 right now that trump what the 360 has in graphics or ratings, simply because they do not exist.
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 skelebull3000

[QUOTE="skelebull3000"]Thx, I like it too. Hiro is one of my favorite characters in the series :PJandurin
Hiro is awesome.

Hiro FTW!!!

ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ShmenonPie

as i see it, from a dev point of view, you could argue either way. Rockstar said that the 360 has limitations

What the 360 has going for it is that GTA4 is a 360 game that is being ported as its being made.

What the ps3 has going for it is hardware. The 360 has 3 different models, and all its games have to be playable on even the inferior core system. This means 360 games have to be playbable without a hard drive. I dont know if bluray will help the ps3 version any, but it might. The ps3 version will probably have extra content and whatnot (which is traditional for ports). Of course, it has to be essentially the same game as the 360 version, so the ps3 version will suffer from the 360's failings.

360 version wins, in the short term anyway. In the long term, probably 360 as well, since having a game being made around a system gives that system the best version 9 times out of 10.

GunSmith1_basic
GTAIv is being made for the PS3, and ported to the 360! on't you even know that! The PS3 version was announced way before, the 360 version was a later development!
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 skelebull3000
[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

as i see it, from a dev point of view, you could argue either way. Rockstar said that the 360 has limitations

What the ps3 has going for it is hardware. The 360 has 3 different models, and all its games have to be playable on even the inferior core system. This means 360 games have to be playbable without a hard drive. I dont know if bluray will help the ps3 version any, but it might. The ps3 version will probably have extra content and whatnot (which is traditional for ports). Of course, it has to be essentially the same game as the 360 version, so the ps3 version will suffer from the 360's failings.

360 version wins, in the short term anyway. In the long term, probably 360 as well, since having a game being made around a system gives that system the best version 9 times out of 10.

ShmenonPie

GTAIv is being made for the PS3, and ported to the 360! on't you even know that! The PS3 version was announced way before, the 360 version was a later development!

Link, or your comment is worthless.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

Well done for twisting stastics, you got some acheivement points! But, seriously, notice the higher total rank as well, this means the PS3 is more anticipated and better than the 360 one, doesn't it! 

ShmenonPie

no. the entire premise of your thread is wrong and this will just be page after page of people telling you that so i might as well just lock this.