Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Let's see:

-Vehicle physics should be designed with gameplay in mind, rather than realism.
-A PC version
-Gibbing, because who doesn't want to see stuff like shooting off limbs, intestine removal via shotgun blasts, decapitation, etc... ****, hire the guy who created Brutal Doom to QA GTA6's violence.

I think GTAV ddid well with everything else.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it's time for another period piece like vice city.

maybe 1970's las vegas or something like that.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I want it to be set in Las Vegas in the 1970s. I still can't believe this hasn't been done already; it's the perfect setting for a GTA game. I can already imagine the commercial of the main character walking down the Vegas Strip while being shot at with "Stayin' Alive" playing in the background and then ending with "Grand Theft Auto: Sin City...coming soon"

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

honestly I'd love if they spice things up and do a GTA like The Getaway

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

The biggest letdown for me with the last 2 GTA games has been story & character development. I still class San Andreas as the best GTA game, the main reason being that it had a really engaging story & characters that were interesting. This is what I'd like to see improved for the next one.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Seeing as the last two were set in Liberty City and San Andreas, it would only be fair if they made the new one take place in Vice City.

Either that or an entirely new, preferably non-US city.

@Cyberdot said:

PC release at the same time as consoles, godammit! :x

Or just a PC release lol. Because we are 6 months after the console release of GTA V and there is still no word of a PC version.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I hope they move on to some new IPs for quite some time rather than another GTA

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

They need to get stuff done with the gameplay organization. Some cool exact Copy-Pasting of Max Payne 3's quality animated gameplay and cover dynamics (and not some half-assed shit) will get them pretty far on gmeplay.

Combat needs to be amplified and re-worked a lot, more animal variety would be neat too.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

A female disabled muslim liberal feminist protagonist. Just so it will appease people.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

dat necro

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts
  • Set some time in the past, IV and V were both current day. I'd like to see Vice City again.
  • Cameo's from past characters.
  • A TRUE mafia/mobster side missions.
  • More realistic driving physics (Like IV)
  • ONE PROTAGONIST with a deep, rich story, rather than multiple shallow protags.
  • REAL forests (depending on the location)
  • Drug dealing mechanic similar to that in Scarface The World Is Yours
  • Ability to extort/buy out store fronts and business.
  • Ability to buy safehouses.
  • A HUGE amount of assets to purchase.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone who is asking for another city, don't be ridiculous. GTA = 'Murica

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44699 Posts

make it a gang war simulator, starting from ground up, star with a small crew that gains ground in the city with warring rival factions, fight for ground and expand through gang wars, finance operations through a number of nefarious activities from drug dealing to stealing cars or robberies, buy guns and men to keep territories, bribe police, protect drug trades, but again like a sim so you have to balance finance of bribes and paying men and the methods of income, so have choices of selling weed or or meth or cocaine and heroine, which might offer higher revenues to finance gang wars but harder drugs will increase crime and poverty and increase police presence so might cost in more bribes, and also make sure you're paying your crew, not doing so might result in them snitching if they get caught which will cause loss of territory

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

make it a gang war simulator, starting from ground up, star with a small crew that gains ground in the city with warring rival factions, fight for ground and expand through gang wars, finance operations through a number of nefarious activities from drug dealing to stealing cars or robberies, buy guns and men to keep territories, bribe police, protect drug trades, but again like a sim so you have to balance finance of bribes and paying men and the methods of income, so have choices of selling weed or or meth or cocaine and heroine, which might offer higher revenues to finance gang wars but harder drugs will increase crime and poverty and increase police presence so might cost in more bribes, and also make sure you're paying your crew, not doing so might result in them snitching if they get caught which will cause loss of territory

Wasn't that the basis of San Andreas

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#65 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

@lostrib said:

@lamprey263 said:

Wasn't that the basis of San Andreas

San Andreas was actually fun though. His plan sounds tedious as hell.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

no tanks in the online.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

A fighting system like WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain.

I HATE the current combat. it sucks. All you do is some dumb punching. I want to suplex people threw park benches, on top of cars, off of rooftops etc. I want to run at someone and dropkick/clothesline them in the face. I want to throw people into on coming traffic. I want curbstomp people. Which brings me too....

Brutal Executions/Fatalities/finishers/whatever:

Like I said. We need options to do brutal killings. Ever play games like man hunt, punisher, sleeping dogs? Yeah, they allowed us to use the environment around us to kill people in brutal ways. Stuff like shoving someones head between a door frame and door and kicking the door into the guys head is brutal. Dropping a crane on unsuspecting people. Forcing a guys head on a hot stove. These moments need to be in the next GTA.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69  Edited By vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

@LustForSoul said:
This should be the last one for the next 10 years, cause GTA 5 felt too soon.

wut? GTA 4 came out in 2007 and 5 came out last year so i don't see how thats so soon.

Anyway i also hope they continue with the three main character theme. It worked well.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17700 Posts

I've alluded to this in a few other posts.

I want to GTA series to introduce two things: I want economy, and I want political pull. GTA is really such a missed opportunity--it creates this enormous, dynamic, highly detailed, beautiful world, puts the player in it, and then allows them to.......do the most superficial shit, that, while fun in the moment, is ultimately forgettable in the long term and has no real impact nor ramifications to either the player or the world at large. It's incredibly unfulfilling considering what it seems to promise contrasted to what it ultimately offers.

That needs to change. Give me a black market to manipulate and trade with, and allow my action in the world to affect it. Let me deal drugs and sell arms. Run prostitution rings. Get into shady real-estate deals. Bribe and corrupt law-enforcement and elected officials, or find other means of "persuasion" if they can't be bought. Allow me to recruit/hire people I've met to form squads that I can use in any way I see fit (to do hits, extort). Allow me to wield political strength via intimidation, bribery, or what have you. Let me turn a segment of the map into a criminal laden, poverty ridden slum by utilizing reverse gentrification. Let me watch it deteriorate and know that my actions led to it. Let my actions actually MEAN something to the world.

Give me a world to truly manipulate and control, and let my destruction and that control extend past the barrel of a gun or a grenade. I want true POWER. Chinatown Wars touched upon this with its drug dealing mini-game which was addictive as all hell (yea), and V brought in the stock market where a share's value could be affected by attacking certain businesses. Both of these are huge steps in the right direction, but they need to be brought together and expanded upon.

That's what I want for my GTA wish-list. I want an open-world that is actually open, not one that simply affords me the illusion. Let me be a true crime lord embedded in the depths of the world, not just a mere trouble-maker on the surface (though still allow me that option too). For the amount of work that goes into making GTA, it is nothing less than the game deserves. I know it'd be incredibly difficult to execute, but if kept within a linear story arc I think it could work.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#71 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

0 um we had 6 in liberty city (gta 1 gta 3 gta iv gta lcs gta advance and china town wars 3 in san andreas-gta gta sanandreas and gta v ,, 3 in vc -gta 1 gta vc gta vcs , and one in london ,, -gta london along with pc exclusive expansion ,

shiham123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 shiham123
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I want many cities like los santos vice city liberty city i know it'll take forever but i want them to do smethin like wat i was talkin about and u can hav the ability to play games like basketball,chess etc nd in chinatown wars those srcatch cards dat fuel thing oh nd better cars like aircraft bikes and cars the last thin buyin phones

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
Good gameplay.

This, I think the shooting was a step in the right direction, could be better because they have done Max Payne 3.

The mission designs themselves need to be more interested and have less filler in them. Rockstar gets too trigger happy with variety for the sake of variety, and I prefer that to the missions in GTA 4 which suck or the missions in Red Dead Redemption which are fucking stale. But eventually the pace of the games action has no sense of cohesion and energy to it beyond, go here, shoot dudes, run away for the umpteenth time. The multilayered heists could have been dope, but they are too shallow in their design make up.

It needs to be more nuanced, more genuine planning, more effort into setting up a crew, and building a crew, and have genuine impact for not having the correct crew. Will make those missions more replayable, and in general stop getting tied down to scripted sequences, and find a way to marry the dynamic/organic feeling of the open world to their mission designs. GTA 5 is probably the best playing GTA top to bottom, best playing Rockstar game for that matter as Max Payne 3 has some awful pacing, but it's still far from being anything other than a good enough third person shooter that just happens to have a lot of money spent on production value and "gameplay per square inch" mentality to its design.

The playground is nice and all, but if that's the only thing you do at a high level; all you created is a toy box. It's about time that toy box came with a genuinely great action game, which since 2001 Rockstar has been outclassed when it has come to the core action.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

God. The necromancy is real. I look at the first reply and saw the old school reply system.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Good Gameplay, its been needing that for a long time.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#76 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

@shiham123 said:

I want many cities like los santos vice city liberty city i know it'll take forever but i want them to do smethin like wat i was talkin about and u can hav the ability to play games like basketball,chess etc nd in chinatown wars those srcatch cards dat fuel thing oh nd better cars like aircraft bikes and cars the last thin buyin phones

Please don't bump old threads.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Custom online mode: to be able to switch pedestrians, traffic and police on or off. And change the weather.
Just like it was in IV that was perfect, I hate online in V. Especially the fact that you can't turn off the cops.
I want to play solely against other players, I don't want to be bothered by police all the goddamn time.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

Stop focusing so much on realism and spend more time on the story & coming up with more varied missions... yes the detail in GTA V is amazing, but unless you have an engaging & interesting story/characters & missions, it means nothing (to me anyway).

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#81  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

crap necro thread.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:
I dont think GTA5 was misogynistic enough, so they should work on that

+1

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Too soon.

GTA V still hasn't come to PC, so no not everyone has played it. I for one am anxiously awaiting it's release on PC!

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Hopefully something set in New Austin. Cartels, meth, RDR references....

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Feudal Japan!

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#87 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Feudal Japan!

lol

Anyway, the series could do with some non-clunky controls.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#88 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

What kind of new idea can gta bring but not be gta?

I have never been let down by R* so I'm good.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#89  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@freedomfreak:

-- Zensword

Elaborate please :)

GTAV is a generic open world game lol....you know that saying...dont throw stones from a glass house...yeah;) Go read my other posts. I detail how the Last of Us has dynamic sandbox like gameplay/combat. So many options of attack in Last of Us You can set traps with bombs, play hide and seek, pick enemies off one by one in an exhilarating game of cat and mouse...throw items for distractions and manuver into positions, throw item to running meele, you can run brawl and shoot ot combos of each or all...be aggressive provided you have the resources etc... ....You see the dynamic action stealth gameplay in Last of Us is backed by item resource managment gameplay that fits perfectly. What you craft in real time has an impact on how you play. Craft more offensive items and an offensive playthrough is easier and vice versa with defensive items etc And since crafting is done in real time you have to be smart on when to craft! Adds even more strategy. Lets say you took a blow in combat and are low on health. Now you frantically run away looking for a safe place to craft a medkit. It is some of the most tense feeling ever....you are sweating as you are crafting in real time hoping to hurry up before the eneny finds you! Sooo intense... Its amazing how Naughty Dog in their first attempt at survival horror makes a game (The Last of Us) that completely puts every other survival horror game to shame Last of Us actually plays like a dire survival game.Naughty Dog is the best developer in gaming by far.Everything Naughty Dog does, no matter the genre, is GOLD. They arent one trick ponies like Rockstar.Naughty Dog just doesnt just make great games they friggen reinvent genres! Also, the way the A.I dynamically reacts to you means encounters play out different each time too depending on what you do....thats replay value. On top of that human encounters play out much different to encounters with the infected. Humans flank and react so that requires you to play more on your toes vs humans. With infected you have to be observant and plan out your tactics. Aa long as you dont alert them its slower paced. Each have their own nuances There is a lot of depth in the combat Just go ahead and NAME me 1 game...just 1 game that plays like Last of Us GO....I will be waiting...*crickets* as exected. To even call Last of Us a generic third person shooter you have to be out of your damn mind or someone who hasnt played it..... All in all, Last of Us has some of the most intense, brutal, and well thought out combat of ANY game i have ever played,and thats the bottom line! Combat and driving is what you do most of the time in GTAV and the combat in GTAV is lackluster...the driving isnt that good as well. Last of Us has much better combat and much better- more quality gameplay. Quakity>quantity. If you ever want to be taken seriously dont call the Last of Us a generic thrid person shooter. It exposes you right away as a troll. Will be waiting for you to answer my question Naughty Dog with The Last of Us reinvented survival horror. Last of Us is a revolutionary game just for that alone Oh and lets not even talk about the amazing story and amazing characters in the Last of Us and how the story and gameplay come together and compliment each other so perfectly in the Last of Us GTAV CANT even compare to the Last of Us. The Last of Us is better in every respect. It is just a much deeper more engaging more meaningful gameplay experience.... The Last of Us is truly whole other leagues above GTAV....Last of Us makes GTAV look primitive.

Wow. I have never been so disagreeing with you. In other games I have planted traps, or attacked straight on like the Witcher 2. Talk about resources management. Even splinter cell backlist gave me options. GTA 5, imho was a much more fleshed out, game. If it comes down to options than nothing TLOU or hitman, or splinter cell, or AC offers is mandatory. But in GTA at least, imo, its more fun. My god, in GTA 5 I felt like I was in a live world where when I switched protagonist I couldn't wait because of the humor element. In TLOU, a well written story I knew it would be about my "new daughter" or not. Anyone who reads and is over 30 may know this. Great game, indeed. But GTA is the master, even considering COD imo.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
  • I don't ever want to play in Liberty City again. Prefer the settings of SA and Vice City, though wouldn't mind if we went to a place that could snow. Obviously a map bigger than V but still dense and full of life and activities
  • Go all out as expected with the soundtrack. Also, maybe do what San Andreas did with multiple stations referencing big story events or changing slightly as you progress further into the story (IV even did this I think)
  • Multiple protagonists come back, have many more heist missions with alternative choices.
  • Let's go San Andreas length, or longer. (Could swear it was the longest GTA by far, but if it's not, forgive the nostalgia goggles)
  • Don't listen to those idiots that want IV's shitty driving back. GTA isn't fun with "realistic" driving.
  • Seriously, bring back 6 star wanted levels.
  • Buy-able safe houses. Characters can still have their canon story homes, but let us by extra safe houses all over the map as well.
  • If buying business returns, don't half ass it like V. Do it like how Vice City did it.
  • Jetpack
  • Maybe crime empires like from Vice City Stories can return
  • Not saying the side missions weren't fun in V, but earlier GTA games have had some real lengthy and fun stuff. The casino heist saga from San Andreas is still a highlight of my memory.

Eh, I'd type more, but I'm tired. That's a good start though.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9907 Posts

I think it's time for proper stealth mechanics. As a criminal you wanna be able to sneak into an area and do a crime without the entire police force instantly cracking down on you. For example sneak into the army base and steal a jet, or bust some companions out of prison etc. Then if you are spotted all hell should break lose, but not just because you cross some invisible line.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#92 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6114 Posts

How about an Canadian city,like Montreal???LOTS of crime there.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

If they can keep it fresh. I'd like 'em to retain the 3 protag. characters thing going. Mixed things up nicely.

Expand the Rpg abilities. The San Andreas ones are still much better than GTA5's.

Make a blatant copy-pasta of Max Payne 3's gunplay. The GTA5's was a poor mans version of it. I can not even begin to comprehend why they did not do this originally. This "code" of GTA the devs have so that the games feel like past iterations of GTA games is absurd.

The melee could as well use a re-work too.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts
  • A very long break.
  • Good gameplay.
  • ???

;)

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@shiham123 said:

So, you bumped a 4 month old topic for that gibberish?

And you did the same thing. What do you half to say for yourself?

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

UK

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Keep the multiple protagonists, with one of them being female.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#99  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

1080p60

Better graphics

Improved gunplay

Interior/cockpit view for all vehicles

Urban + rural areas, like in GTA5 and S.A.

More unpredictable/hidden loot (reasons to explore the world)

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@Nintendo_Ownes7 said:

Vice City or a new City altogether.