GTA IV - Xbox 360 vs PS3

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for football_legend
football_legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 football_legend
Member since 2007 • 1913 Posts

Which version will you buy and why?

Me? Xbox 360 version because:

1: Should be the Superior version no doubt. All the trailers, screens, most live demos shown by Rockstar North are all played on Xbox 360.

2: Episodic Content- Each Episode size of GTA VC and GTA SA...damn...its like PS3 will miss 2nd and 3rd mini-sequel of this massive game.

3: I like the 360 controller better (personal preference, not much of an argument)

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts
apparently choosing the ps3 version makes you a fanboy to some lemmings :roll:, i fail too see how since its your choice watever you go with
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
Ps3 to play online, i dont have XBL gold
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 tekmojo
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts
I guess we should expect a poll/thread just like this everyday until the game comes out. Maybe there should be a sign-up list as to which user gets to post on which day.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Which version will you buy and why?

Me? Xbox 360 version because:

1: Should be the Superior version no doubt. All the trailers, screens, most live demos shown by Rockstar North are all played on Xbox 360.

But, IGN said that one has warmer colours and one has more vivid colours..what this means exactly is a mystery

2: Episodic Content- Each Episode size of GTA VC and GTA SA...damn...its like PS3 will miss 2nd and 3rd mini-sequel of this massive game.

A guy from Rockstar already said it's some sort of extra missions, the episodes haven't been confirmed to be that big. Especially considering Liberty City is going to be alot smaller than GTA:SA

3: I like the 360 controller better (personal preference, not much of an argument)

Opinion, but granted. I prefer the DualShock myself

football_legend

I'm getting the 360 version for one reason: All my friends play on it, and I want to play with my friends :D

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

apprently choosing the ps3 version makes you a fanboy to some lemmings :roll:, i fail too see how since its your choice watever you go withMiss_Wacy

Well, if you own both systems I find it hard to believe the ps3 is your console of choice for this game.

I like the ps3 controller more then the 360 pad for a game like this but the optional DL content trumps all that.

football_legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 football_legend
This seams to be going smoothly, very logical, other than ur typical fanboyish comment.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thrones

360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.shoeman12

I doubt it's going to be the size of San Andreas, when the original Liberty City is already smaller than that...

Either way, it's been described as extra missions by a guy from Rockstart over at CVG.

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Miss_Wacy

[QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"]apprently choosing the ps3 version makes you a fanboy to some lemmings :roll:, i fail too see how since its your choice watever you go withCoyo7e

Well, if you own both systems I find it hard to believe the ps3 is your console of choice for this game.

I like the ps3 controller more then the 360 pad for a game like this but the optional DL content trumps all that.

it someones choice too choose watever they want, i dunno why some people damage controll over it so much and cant take it

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

[QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"]apprently choosing the ps3 version makes you a fanboy to some lemmings :roll:, i fail too see how since its your choice watever you go withMiss_Wacy

it someones choice too choose watever they want, i dunno why some people damage controll over it so much and cant take it

All I said is that I find it hard to believe. I own both systems and this game for the 360 is a no brainer at this point, imo.

Sheesh..... pardon me.

Do you own both systems?

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
360 because I dont have a PS3 yet :(
Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Miss_Wacy
[QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

[QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"]apprently choosing the ps3 version makes you a fanboy to some lemmings :roll:, i fail too see how since its your choice watever you go withCoyo7e

All I said is that I find it hard to believe. I own both systems and this game for the 360 is a no brainer at this point.

Sheesh..... pardon me.

Do you own both systems?

i never said anything towards you thou :S, i own both yes and ill be getting it for ps3, then if the contents good enough on 360 prob get it alot later on

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Coyo7e
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

[QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"]apprently choosing the ps3 version makes you a fanboy to some lemmings :roll:, i fail too see how since its your choice watever you go withMiss_Wacy

All I said is that I find it hard to believe. I own both systems and this game for the 360 is a no brainer at this point.

Sheesh..... pardon me.

Do you own both systems?

i never said anything towards you thou :S, i own both yes and ill be getting it for ps3, then if the contents good enough on 360 prob get it alot later on

This may be one of those games I end up owning on both systems as well.

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Miss_Wacy
[QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="Miss_Wacy"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"]

Sheesh..... pardon me.

Do you own both systems?

This may be one of those games I end up owning on both systems as well.

same so cant miss out either way :D

Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts
If I'm going to purchase this video game, then it's going to be on Xbox 360.
BreakingPoint8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BreakingPoint8
Member since 2007 • 3347 Posts
Xbox 360 - For obvious reasons, and yes I own both consoles.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

for most people it will be whichever console they own.

I will get it for the ps3 (gasp!) as I dont really mind not geting the extra content, sinceit costs extra, and I enjoy just roaming arond more than the missions.

Plus I dont have XBL on my 360, and my PS3 is online.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
The 360 version.
The main reason being, I own a 360 and not a PS3.
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

Xbox 360 version by MILES of course for me, this is a no brainer

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Coyo7e

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.sambalimbo

keep dreaming

Someone will, very shortly, or could at least.. provide links to official statments that suggest the same thing.

I however, I am far to lazy.

hungryheart077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hungryheart077
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts
360 superior version without a doubt people. saying ps3 version is because they onlye have the ps3 PERIOD
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

Xbox 360 version by MILES of course for me, this is a no brainer

saolin323

GTAIV >>> Fable 2

;)

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

360 superior version without a doubt people. saying ps3 version is because they onlye have the ps3 PERIODhungryheart077

Or its because they are not bothered about having to pay for the extra cnstent and loosing the HDD space, or because they dont have, or want XBL but have a ps3 online?

Before you say "OMG fanboy!" I am only saying what I think, both cosnoles are great, I just happen to want the ps3 one, plus many of my friends have a ps3 with online so I can play against them.

sambalimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sambalimbo
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
stop saying things like "it'll be teh 360 version for me, it's a no brainer" if you only own the 360. topics like this get created only because the question is "on what system gta4 is going to sell the most?" and the answer to that is plain and simple : in NA it will (most probably, but not inevitably) be on the 360 and in the whole world it will be ps3 top seller. why? because dmc4 which wasnt nearly as hyped as gta4 is sold more units on ps3 worldwide
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="sambalimbo"]

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.Coyo7e

keep dreaming

Someone will, very shortly, or could at least.. provide links to official statments that suggest the same thing.

"But it's "an experiment" they're quick to add. Right now Rockstar doesn't seem sure that there are enough users with access to online content on the 360 to make it worthwhile for them to continue pumping out episodes."

http://kotaku.com/354716/rockstar-experimenting-with-episodic-content

They are not releasing San Andreas exclusive to 360, and they wouldn't release it via DLC because not everyone has XBL and they know that. 360 gets exclusive DLC, and ps3 does too

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

stop saying things like "it'll be teh 360 version for me, it's a no brainer" if you only own the 360. topics like this get created only because the question is "on what system gta4 is going to sell the most?" and the answer to that is plain and simple : in NA it will (most probably, but not inevitably) be on the 360 and in the whole world it will be ps3 top seller. why? because dmc4 which wasnt nearly as hyped as gta4 is sold more units on ps3 worldwidesambalimbo

out of all the multiplatform games, DMC4 is the ONLY one that sold better on ps3 than 360 and thats only cause of japan.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thrones
[QUOTE="sambalimbo"]

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.Coyo7e

keep dreaming

But, a Rockstar representative actually said they were extra missions :| Over on CVG, I link it soon, k?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thrones
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="sambalimbo"]

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.f50p90

keep dreaming

"But it's "an experiment" they're quick to add. Right now Rockstar doesn't seem sure that there are enough users with access to online content on the 360 to make it worthwhile for them to continue pumping out episodes."

They are not releasing San Andreas exclusive to 360, and they wouldn't release it via DLC because not everyone has XBL and they know that. 360 gets exclusive DLC, and ps3 does too

No idea where you got that from.

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
[QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="sambalimbo"]

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.f50p90

keep dreaming

Where in that article does it say the PS3 is getting exclusive content?

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
ps3 for me as i don't have a 360, but even if i had one (And i will get one at some point) id still take the ps3 version because i wont pay for the online and i don't care about the DLC, wouldn't get the DLC even if it was on ps3.
hungryheart077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hungryheart077
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Coyo7e"][QUOTE="sambalimbo"]

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.Nagidar

keep dreaming

Where in that article does it say the PS3 is getting exclusive content?

ps3 never gona get exclusive content, sure they will have dlc but it wil be multiplat. :P
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Here's my wonderful reasons to get it for the 360 over the PS3, as always:

rumble - every controller straight out of the box has rumble standard, so you don't have to buy new controllers just for teh last gen rumble, besides I rather use that money for content. Rockstar have said that controls are different and the aiming is different, so I have a feeling the 360 Trigger buttons and layout will be more comfortable.

achievements - not only achievements are a game within a game, it could be used a proof that you did all the crazy things in GTA IV. also there'll be so many crazy things for you to do, these achievements just motivates you to doing them all. adding to the replay value.

xbox live - since online multiplayer is a big factor this time around, it's just nice having the superior online service. xbox live just does it the best, whether it's ranking to matching making. also if your friend for some reason didn't know that GTA IV is out, they could see what game you're playing with XBL. and the amazing thing is that both of you guys don't even have to be playing the same game or even doing the same thing to communicate over XBL.

custom soundtracks - this is just a sweet nice extra feature standard. so when you're tried hearing the GTA music, you could play your own music with the ease of your controller. there's no need to plug in any devices and have to control it manually. you could just use this feature all at the power of your 360 controller.

exclusive episodic content - think of your favorite upcoming game, now imagine if you have the option to get more for that game anytime you like. having the choice to lengthen the life of GTA IV through these content is better than not even having that option. it's just nice that you will see new things, do new things, and have new experiences only for the definitive 360 version.

all these features are available right now, there's no need of waiting and hoping that it will be good, these features are already implemented and guarantee to deliver. so if you own both consoles and you are really a GTA fan, I know you're going to pick the version that offers you more GTA.

tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts
Well we still don't know exactly what version is superior yet, but I bet money that the 360 version will be heavily advertised alot more then the ps3 version. MS does that alot. Remember the halo3 believe campaign, the gta4 ads may be like that.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
I only count what comes on the disc . the reason being thats the game you buy off the shelf . this extras is just like an expantion pack .
football_legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 football_legend
ReverseCycology, I think u just nailed it bro.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ogvampire

I only count what comes on the disc . the reason being thats the game you buy off the shelf . this extras is just like an expantion pack .deadmeat59

your reasons arent very... er... reasonable. heh.

if rock band came out for both ps3/360, but only ps3 had DLC songs. even though you still have to buy the DLC, wouldnt that make the ps3 version superior?

the option to extend any game would, i think, make that game the superior version.

armymen4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 armymen4
Member since 2008 • 501 Posts
just another fanboy page, face it, you are NEVER, EVER EVER going to change anyones fans opinion with your one sided uncompromising views, yea repeatedly saying the same things over will never change someones opinion for them to see things your way. you have to use facts, and logic and be willing to be flexible, be willing to accept that your console is not the GOD console!! then they can make a rational descision about which console they think is the winner. most fanboys will never see eye to eye , and are not capable of that kind of mature rationality, and logic wont change their arrogant, attitudes, and refusal of to be COMPROMISING. all of these "fanboys" take a more biased immature bashful approach. you will never win system wars like that. may this message have a place in your hearts and in your signature to all who believe me
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ogvampire

just another fanboy page, face it, you are NEVER, EVER EVER going to change anyones fans opinion with your one sided uncompromising views, yea repeatedly saying the same things over will never change someones opinion for them to see things your way. you have to use facts, and logic and be willing to be flexible, be willing to accept that your console is not the GOD console!! then they can make a rational descision about which console they think is the winner. most fanboys will never see eye to eye , and are not capable of that kind of mature rationality, and logic wont change their arrogant, attitudes, and refusal of to be COMPROMISING. all of these "fanboys" take a more biased immature bashful approach. you will never win system wars like that. may this message have a place in your hearts and in your signature to all who believe me armymen4

huh? the TC just asked what version you will get. he gave reasons why HE will get the 360 version, he wasnt trying to change anybodies mind

death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#43 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
360 because the achievements will be fun to try to get. :)
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]360 version for exclusive downloadable content the size of san andeas.sambalimbo

keep dreaming

rockstar said this. how am i dreaming?

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
Seeing I don't have a 360 to even make a choice, I will be getting it for the PS3.
LEXIJAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LEXIJAY
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

I WOULD GO WITH THE PS3 VERSION ONLY JUST BECAUSE I GET

FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS , RPGS AND TACTICAL GAMES ON THE 360

THIRD PERSON SHOOTERS , SPORTS AND RACING GAMES ON THE PS3

THAT'S WHY ( JUST AN OPINION )

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Damn look at this Limited Edited GTA IV Xbox 360 Elite, it looks good with that shiny finish. The GTA IV 360 take over has begun.

http://kotaku.com/370361/grand-theft-auto-iv-xbox-360-limited-to-500

tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tader-salad
just another fanboy page, face it, you are NEVER, EVER EVER going to change anyones fans opinion with your one sided uncompromising views, yea repeatedly saying the same things over will never change someones opinion for them to see things your way. you have to use facts, and logic and be willing to be flexible, be willing to accept that your console is not the GOD console!! then they can make a rational descision about which console they think is the winner. most fanboys will never see eye to eye , and are not capable of that kind of mature rationality, and logic wont change their arrogant, attitudes, and refusal of to be COMPROMISING. all of these "fanboys" take a more biased immature bashful approach. you will never win system wars like that. may this message have a place in your hearts and in your signature to all who believe me armymen4
Whoa, just calm down man. He was just asking what version every one was getting and he listed his reasons for his choice, just chill.
tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tader-salad

Damn look at this Limited Edited GTA IV Xbox 360 Elite, it looks good with that shiny finish. The GTA IV 360 take over has begun.

http://kotaku.com/370361/grand-theft-auto-iv-xbox-360-limited-to-500

ReverseCycology
Ok that looks pretty neat.