GTA Five 2 Disks on 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

do you think that? i heard assassins creed 3 had 2 disks. It almost sounds guaranteed to me that GTA 5 would be two disks...what do you think?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Who cares?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Will it change the experience of the game for me? No

Do i really care if it has two discs? Hell no

Lol, i don't think it will but even if it does it won't mean a thing. A few games have already done this.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts
2 discs of awesomeness.
KenPenders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KenPenders
Member since 2012 • 118 Posts
Oh the inhumanity!! I'll have to get up for 4 seconds to change the disc, say it ain't so :(
LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts
Assassins Creed III had two discs, though it wasn't much of a problem at all because one was for singleplayer while the other was for multiplayer. It only becomes somwhat bothersome when they make you switch half way through the campaign of singleplayer. I can definitely see GTA 5 being two discs though.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
At least 2 discs, still at least it'll be HD.sts106mat
And will still sell better.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Definitely. The 360 always limits the content of the games because of that restriction.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Definitely. The 360 always limits the content of the games because of that restriction.kuraimen
Is that why the PS3 versions of RDR and GTA IV are inferior to the 360 version?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Definitely. The 360 always limits the content of the games because of that restriction.princeofshapeir

They use the 360 as lead platform which is logical since it's the lowest common denominator. Sadly the PS3 has to afterwards deal with the inferior design. In a Bluray you could fit like 4 times the content and all PCs have HDD. The 360 is the weakest link.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Nothing new
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Definitely. The 360 always limits the content of the games because of that restriction.kuraimen

They use the 360 as lead platform which is logical since it's the lowest common denominator. Sadly the PS3 has to afterwards deal with the inferior design. In a Bluray you could fit like 4 times the content and all PCs have HDD. The 360 is the weakest link.

I don't think the 360 being the "lead platform" excuses the PS3 versions of GTA IV and RDR being notably inferior. Even with Max Payne 3, a game where both of the console versions and the PC version were developed and optimized independently, the 360 version pulled ahead of the PS3 version marginally with regards to performance and visuals (both console versions are still very impressive and far more equal than the PS3/360 versions of RDR or GTA IV). The PS3's insufficient RAM is a big headache for a lot of developers. It's one reason why Skyrim on PS3 was such a mess.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

lol my PS1 used to do this :lol:

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Who cares? Not a big deal.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Definitely. The 360 always limits the content of the games because of that restriction.kuraimen
I can't wait to see which version of the two will be better. :o
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Definitely. The 360 always limits the content of the games because of that restriction.kuraimen

That sad thing is you are such a Sony drone you probably believe the stuff you say.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

as you will drive inside the city suddenly the game will stop and ask you to insert the second disk :lol::lol::lol:

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]At least 2 discs, still at least it'll be HD.Salt_The_Fries
And will still sell better.

no it won't

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
lol whata gimped system 360 is, at least wii didnt pretend to be next gen
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Is that why the PS3 versions of RDR and GTA IV are inferior to the 360 version?princeofshapeir

I don't think the 360 being the "lead platform" excuses the PS3 versions of GTA IV and RDR being notably inferior. Even with Max Payne 3, a game where both of the console versions and the PC version were developed and optimized independently, the 360 version pulled ahead of the PS3 version marginally with regards to performance and visuals (both console versions are still very impressive and far more equal than the PS3/360 versions of RDR or GTA IV). The PS3's insufficient RAM is a big headache for a lot of developers. It's one reason why Skyrim on PS3 was such a mess.

So you're just making stuff up now? because max payne wasn't better on 360

KenPenders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KenPenders
Member since 2012 • 118 Posts
360 is objectively better than PS3 in every way.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Meeeper282

360 is objectively better than PS3 in every way. KenPenders

How? they seem the same to me.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Is that why the PS3 versions of RDR and GTA IV are inferior to the 360 version?CanYouDiglt

That sad thing is you are such a Sony drone you probably believe the stuff you say.

The 360 is the only HD capable system that; Has SKU's with no HDD Still uses DVD You could get around it if you made mandatory installs on the 360, but since there are HDD-less SKU's, Microsoft policy forbids that. When it comes to technology standards, the 360 would not be even up to snuff in 2000.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PinnacleGamingP
360 is objectively better than PS3 in every way. KenPenders
excellent sarcasm poster very nice
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Who cares?

Bigboi500
^this.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts
I would be ok with it, but probably wont be necessary! Skyrim is the biggest and most content packed game this gen, and fits in less than 4gb!
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Who cares?

^this.

have you no compassion? feelings? do you even care about anyone? cant you see lemmings are dealing with this sh!t, try showing some care for them too!!
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Definitely. The 360 always limits the content of the games because of that restriction.princeofshapeir

GTA4 was a bad example to use cause it runs better on the PS3, but I still understand what you were trying to say even though you used a bad example.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PinnacleGamingP
I would be ok with it, but probably wont be necessary! Skyrim is the biggest and most content packed game this gen, and fits in less than 4gb!PAL360
as much as your diagnostic is respected professor, you need to keep in mind GTA is not a bunch of empty land with a whole bunch of nothing filled with nothing loot.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] They use the 360 as lead platform which is logical since it's the lowest common denominator. Sadly the PS3 has to afterwards deal with the inferior design. In a Bluray you could fit like 4 times the content and all PCs have HDD. The 360 is the weakest link.Meeeper282

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-max-payne-3-face-off There is a marginal difference. Why can't you just admit that the 360 is easier to develop for?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Who cares?

^this.

have you no compassion? feelings? do you even care about anyone? cant you see lemmings are dealing with this sh!t, try showing some care for them too!!

Try making some damn sense when you respond to me instead of a bunch of jibberish that doesn't even make any sense. If through all that jibberish you are trying to claim ownage over how many disk the 360 version will have, I feel very sad for you. The only people I see having an issue with this are 400lbs fat kids who have a hell of a time just getting off their ass to switch disk and then need an inhaler just to breath once they have sat back down.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] ^this. AmazonTreeBoa

Try making some damn sense when you respond to me instead of a bunch of jibberish that doesn't even make any sense. If through all that jibberish you are trying to claim ownage over how many disk the 360 version will have, I feel very sad for you. The only people I see having an issue with this are 400lbs fat kids who have a hell of a time just getting off their ass to switch disk and then need an inhaler just to breath once they have sat back down.

its not the point bro!!! 360 has no games what you fail to realize is microsoft thinks this counts as 2 games for their system!!!
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] I don't think the 360 being the "lead platform" excuses the PS3 versions of GTA IV and RDR being notably inferior. Even with Max Payne 3, a game where both of the console versions and the PC version were developed and optimized independently, the 360 version pulled ahead of the PS3 version marginally with regards to performance and visuals (both console versions are still very impressive and far more equal than the PS3/360 versions of RDR or GTA IV). The PS3's insufficient RAM is a big headache for a lot of developers. It's one reason why Skyrim on PS3 was such a mess. princeofshapeir

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-max-payne-3-face-off There is a marginal difference. Why can't you just admit that the 360 is easier to develop for?

Lems of truth thinks otherwise, they are identical, even rockstar stated they were identical, so fail

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-max-payne-3-screenshot-comparison/2/

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] have you no compassion? feelings? do you even care about anyone? cant you see lemmings are dealing with this sh!t, try showing some care for them too!!PinnacleGamingP

its not the point bro!!! 360 has no games what you fail to realize is microsoft thinks this counts as 2 games for their system!!!

The 360 has games, they count it as one, and you look/sound like an idiot. And here I was thinking that at this hour, I would be able to have an intelligent conversation in SW, but clearly childish fanboy responses come at all hours off the night. When you decide you want to have a real conversation instead of your fanboyish childish responses, I will bother with responding to you again.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] Try making some damn sense when you respond to me instead of a bunch of jibberish that doesn't even make any sense. If through all that jibberish you are trying to claim ownage over how many disk the 360 version will have, I feel very sad for you. The only people I see having an issue with this are 400lbs fat kids who have a hell of a time just getting off their ass to switch disk and then need an inhaler just to breath once they have sat back down.AmazonTreeBoa

The 360 has games, they count it as one, and you look/sound like an idiot. And here I was thinking that at this hour, I would be able to have an intelligent conversation in SW, but clearly childish fanboy responses come at all hours off the night. When you decide you want to have a real conversation instead of your fanboyish childish responses, I will bother with responding to you again.

sounds like you had a long day bro, but their is a sticky for RROD issues in the 360 forums
mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
Its mainly just the younger people who have never played a game on PS1 complain about disc swapping. Let them see how it is to play Final Fantasy 9 with 4 discs. As long as the games is separated decently with no frequent disc swapping required it's fine. Plus any 360 owner who doesnt buy a decent HDD is just retarded. Give up on buying some games and save it for an HDD.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Meeeper282

Lems of truth thinks otherwise, they are identical, even rockstar stated they were identical, so fail

The key word here is "marginal." And what makes you think Rockstar would ever admit one version of their game looks/performs better than another one, even if that was clearly the case? :|
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PinnacleGamingP
Its mainly just the younger people who have never played a game on PS1 complain about disc swapping. Let them see how it is to play Final Fantasy 9 with 4 discs. As long as the games is separated decently with no frequent disc swapping required it's fine. Plus any 360 owner who doesnt buy a decent HDD is just retarded. Give up on buying some games and save it for an HDD.mstrchf12
the thing about FF games during ps1 era were they were games ahead of their time.......not this backward logic to try and keep up with gimped 360 system
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-max-payne-3-face-off There is a marginal difference. Why can't you just admit that the 360 is easier to develop for? princeofshapeir

The key word here is "marginal." And what makes you think Rockstar would ever admit one version of their game looks/performs better than another one, even if that was clearly the case? :|

Because it was a twitter question that didn't need to be answered, yet they did.

Seriously trying to claim ownage because the 360 version has a bit more colour? pathetic, and show's how low lemmings have become, cows are not any better, but atleast they argue over things that matter.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts
*yawn* Wake me when something interesting happens.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Meeeper282

Because it was a twitter question that didn't need to be answered, yet they did.

Seriously trying to claim ownage because the 360 version has a bit more colour? pathetic, and show's how low lemmings have become, cows are not any better, but atleast they argue over things that matter.

Do you seriously believe answering Twitter questions is "off the cuff?" They give a very methodical PR response to any question they choose to answer on Twitter, just like they do on Newswire. And if you read the DF article that's not all of what they concluded.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

Who cares?

Bigboi500

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Who cares?

Bigboi500
This so much.
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#47 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

mass effect 3 on 360 was a pain with all the disk changing. GTAV looks to be the same.

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PinnacleGamingP

mass effect 3 on 360 was a pain with all the disk changing. GTAV looks to be the same.

KillzoneSnake
how so?
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#49 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

PinnacleGamingP

how so?

what? on me3 around the part where you go to grissom academy i usually had to disk change at least 3 times between missions. on gtav who know if u gotta change every time you cross the map or between missions lol

thank god ME trilogy coming to PS3 :D

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="KillzoneSnake"]

how so?

what? on me3 around the part where you go to grissom academy i usually had to disk change at least 3 times between missions. on gtav who know if u gotta change every time you cross the map or between missions lol

thank god ME trilogy coming to PS3 :D

excellent R&D, not a lemming confirmed. cows you should be ashamed....