GT5P vs. GRID... why the ...????

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts
your argument is just as stupid as saying "have you seen the cars in Grid? they look rubbish compared to GT5". You play a car game for racing, not to stop during the race and pull out your magnifying glass to see the textures of the game. I mean seriously, are you that sad you actually stopped during a race to check if the buildings are 2d?

Also, Grid is more of an arcade Sim than anything else. It should be competiing against NFS more than GT.

RazMaTaz-1

Interesting logic, I guess in a FPS only the guns should look good since thats the only thing you see consistently anyway. Why should the environment textures look good anyway? When you just walk past them and shoot stuff. True that GRID is a arcade racer, but I wouldn't call GT5 a sim either. The real racing sims are on PC.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

Heres why he didnt want to implement damage.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=11b5jO30dug

xTHExJUICEx

I think thats BS(not directed at you), i mean, what about games that use the same cars that are in GT5P that have damage? PGR4, Forza 2, GRID, GTR2? they all have damage. it HAS to be some other reason. It just doesnt make any sense for the manufacturers to just say they dont want damage in one game when 50 other ones have it

did you even watch the video?

Of course i watched it, he said that he didnt wanna add damage because the manufacturer didnt want the cars messed basically. which still goes back to my point, other games have some of the same cars WITH damage!! so please explain that one to me

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Thats not a very thought out question.. Burnout even had damage last gen. :| If you paid attention to recent interviews then you would unerstand why. Just cause another game may have a feature, that doesn't mean its mandatory. Especially when damage doesn't affect physics in a very realistic way. All that is is damage modelling which according to Pholophony digital is easy to do, and you'll have to wait till '09 to see it. So suck it up, because you answered your own question. Its just a demo.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

One reason why I cannot stand GT. And it sickens me how popular it is.Hellsing2o2

Damage has nothing to do with how good the game is. And yet you rated Jericho (a very bad game) a 10! :lol:

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts
imho grid demo was just crap...graphics were not even CLOSE to gt5 ...i didnt like the handling (although this could be personal)..framerate issues
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

imho grid demo was just crap...graphics were not even CLOSE to gt5 ...i didnt like the handling (although this could be personal)..framerate issuesGamerboi27

I think Burnout is better then GRID. GT5 will be the best though.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

navyguy21

I think thats BS(not directed at you), i mean, what about games that use the same cars that are in GT5P that have damage? PGR4, Forza 2, GRID, GTR2? they all have damage. it HAS to be some other reason. It just doesnt make any sense for the manufacturers to just say they dont want damage in one game when 50 other ones have it

Of course i watched it, he said that he didnt wanna add damage because the manufacturer didnt want the cars messed basically. which still goes back to my point, other games have some of the same cars WITH damage!! so please explain that one to me

Not once did he mentions manufacturers in that clip, and the whole time explained HE never wanted to add damage because its something that has always bothered him, and that he would rather choose having the most beautiful looking cars on a track rather then implementing damage.

Seriously watch the clip its only 30 seconds long.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

xTHExJUICEx

Not once did he mentions manufacturers in that clip, and the whole time explained HE never wanted to add damage because its something that has always bothered him, and that he would rather choose having the most beautiful looking cars on a track rather then implementing damage.

So why are they adding it later?

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="-Wheels-"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="100Gamer"]

oh man, grid not only looks nicer but also has damage. awesome!

septicvirus

according to whom?

His eyes.

well, his eyes are lying to him then

I think his eyes are telling the truth. ;)

gt5 is the best racing sim game...grid, forza, pgr cant beat it in a million years
xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
[QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"][QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="xTHExJUICEx"]

navyguy21

So why are they adding it later?

I would guess the demand was to overwhelming just to ignore it, and hes giving what the people want but thats what Im guessing.

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Chipp
[QUOTE="septicvirus"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="-Wheels-"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="100Gamer"]

planbfreak4eva

according to whom?

His eyes.

gt5 is the best racing sim game...grid, forza, pgr cant beat it in a million years

Gt5 is a sim...since when?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Gt5 is a sim...since when?

Ramadear

Better question is, GT5 exists since when..?

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts
Gran Turismo series is the same. If you've played any of the last 4 you know exactly what to expect. I'm looking for something new and exciting. Grid will provide this.
blitzcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 blitzcloud
Member since 2007 • 1229 Posts

Its not true 1080p and probably not even true 720p like the every other 360 and PS3 game. I can see your point with the 30fps thing, I like 60fps too. My guess is that Codemasters had some trouble getting their engine to run at 60fps with their damage physics system on consoles. Runs at 60fps+ on the PC though, but that is a given. So you are admitting that the GT5p backgrounds blow? The main attraction should be the cars and the backgrounds not just one over the other. But I suppose that the background sacrifice was needed to keep GT5 running smoothly. Ramadear

you're right. It's 1280x1080(above 720p, but not 1080p). But in the garage it's 1920x1080(1080p). And about the buildings, I didn't say they are bad... I said they do the job they should in a racing game, and look literally perfect while in motion, which is how you're going to see them. It's like wanting a full detailed mountain in the background of a FPS. Will it contribute? maybe it will look better than a low poly one in some instances, but you're not going to notice it unless you stop and rotate around it, focussing just on it.

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Chipp

its real a driving simulator...gt5 will be the bestplanbfreak4eva

You have a strong imagination.

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
because GT5p is a driving simulater... NOT a crash simulater
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#118 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
After reading the TC's comments, I'm pretty sure hes flame baiting. GT5P wil have damage and looks better than GRID and the real GT 5 will heavily improve on everything.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="-Wheels-"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="100Gamer"]

100Gamer

according to whom?

His eyes.

dude, its clear that grid looks better. you're in denial

can i just ruin the thread by saying PGR4!!!!111 :D

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
[QUOTE="septicvirus"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="-Wheels-"][QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="100Gamer"]

ermacness

according to whom?

His eyes.

yeah, because you're pro 360 and anti ps3. So it's a no brainer that you'll put down GT5p (a ps3 exclusive) in one of it's biggest strenghts

And you are a huge pro-GT5, same bias.... Get over yourself.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

100Gamer

i think gt5p looks nicer and plays better

-platy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 -platy-
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
gt5p>>grid, but gt5p's online blows massive a**
strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

More like GRID vs Flatout 3

SHuN_G0Ku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#124 SHuN_G0Ku
Member since 2008 • 480 Posts

:lol: is this a joke?

maybe GRID should be put against Burnout cuz GT5P just doesn't fall in the same category.

if this is how lemms' way of comparing both games regarding damage, why not compare GRID to Forza 2..?? hmm?

both GRID and GT5P are great games, but imo, GT5P stomps GRID out of the curve especially in drifting.