GT: UNCHARTED 2 is the best looking game on the PLANET

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killerbeejp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killerbeejp
Member since 2009 • 271 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-of-best-of-e3/51751

....and GOD OF WAR III wins Game of the Show at E3.:D

EDIT: Pretty sure GT was only talking about Ps3, 360, and Wii..

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50716 Posts

I sure hope they're not including PC.

killerbeejp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killerbeejp

Chutebox
IIRC they were only talking about console games. Dont be jealous.
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts

Chutebox

Meh, you never know, they could be factoring in art as well (and not just the technical stuff).

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Yeh, cause their rigs suck and they were only able to play Crysis Warhead on medium.
manny280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 manny280
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

1.GThas 0 credibility

2. Crysis>Uncharted 2

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
waits for crysis pics and hermits
killerbeejp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killerbeejp
Pretty sure GT was only talking about Ps3, 360, and Wii.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

killerbeejp

IIRC they were only talking about console games. Dont be jealous.

Why would I be jealous? I love Uncharted and don't have a good PC (only for MMO). You shouldn't assume things like that.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AAllxxjjnn
Pretty sure GT was only talking about Ps3, 360, and Wii. killerbeejp
"Best game on the planet" implies otherwise.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#11 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

Yeh, cause their rigs suck and they were only able to play Crysis Warhead on medium.AAllxxjjnn
That made me laugh so hard!

But I mean a game as nice looking as uncharted does amaze me what consoles do now a day when developers push the hardware, however it also shows considering the specs of ps3 and 360 that I don't expect to see anything better (graphic wise) than the titles coming out now and the titles coming out at the end of the life cycle.

However I could only imagine how Uncharted would look if it wasn't limited by the hardware of consoles

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts
need crysis pic. where are they ??
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Yeh, cause their rigs suck and they were only able to play Crysis Warhead on medium.Diviniuz
That made me laugh so hard!

It is funny, but it's also AFAIR true. They did havePCs only so powerful that in their Crysis review they really did play it on medium

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Well, being on GT's side, they didn't mean "Most Graphically Impressive Game on the PLANET", they were speaking strictly from aesthetics : "Best-Looking Game on the Planet". Strong Artstyle coupled with some amazing technical expertise can make any game look good compared to Crysis. Crysis has high-resolution textures, insane draw distance and a ridiculously good physics engine, but calling Crysis an artistic game is another matter.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

1.GThas 0 credibility

2. Crysis>Uncharted 2

manny280
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was hyperbole.... if not that, ignorance. I like GT, maybe it's my bias speaking. Uncharted 2 is definitely the best looking game on consoles.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]Well, being on GT's side, they didn't mean "Most Graphically Impressive Game on the PLANET", they were speaking strictly from aesthetics : "Best-Looking Game on the Planet". Strong Artstyle coupled with some amazing technical expertise can make any game look good compared to Crysis. Crysis has high-resolution textures, insane draw distance and a ridiculously good physics engine, but calling Crysis an artistic game is another matter.

Realism is an art style
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
Fanboys are really annoying. Its like they live in there own imaginary world.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="Brainhunter"]Well, being on GT's side, they didn't mean "Most Graphically Impressive Game on the PLANET", they were speaking strictly from aesthetics : "Best-Looking Game on the Planet". Strong Artstyle coupled with some amazing technical expertise can make any game look good compared to Crysis. Crysis has high-resolution textures, insane draw distance and a ridiculously good physics engine, but calling Crysis an artistic game is another matter.

Realism is an art style

And Crysis Warhead is very stylized.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Zero5000X

Artistically, Uncharted 2 destroys this. Crysis looks boring to me now.

acemasta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 acemasta21
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts

every f@$%^n time someone says a game looks great some knuckle head says not like crysis geez gtfo

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OPuniverse

every f@$%^n time someone says a game looks great some knuckle head says not like crysis geez gtfo

acemasta21
in denial? Cant face the fact that crysis is technically superior. haha!~
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

Rikusaki

Well you say "looks boring", its really a great game, give it a chance. That being said I do believe a lot of people here overhype crysis, but its still a great shooter.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
[QUOTE="acemasta21"]

OPuniverse

We all know Crysis is, there's no point bringing it up every time.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

Diviniuz

Well you say "looks boring", its really a great game, give it a chance. That being said I do believe a lot of people here overhype crysis, but its still a great shooter.

I have it and I can run it on very high settings with AA off. It's a good game.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pyromaniac223

[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]

snip

Rikusaki

Artistically, it's all subjective. Some people prefer realism to Uncharted 2's slightly cartoonish artstyle.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#27 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts

Rikusaki

Artistically, Stalker Clear Sky destroys Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 looks incredibly uninspiring to me. See what I did there? ;) :P

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]Well, being on GT's side, they didn't mean "Most Graphically Impressive Game on the PLANET", they were speaking strictly from aesthetics : "Best-Looking Game on the Planet". Strong Artstyle coupled with some amazing technical expertise can make any game look good compared to Crysis. Crysis has high-resolution textures, insane draw distance and a ridiculously good physics engine, but calling Crysis an artistic game is another matter.

Its pretty obvious you never played Crysis before. Next time play a game before you comment on its graphics. There was that part when your in the alien ship. You would know that if your played crysis. That part is very artistic.
acemasta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 acemasta21
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts
[QUOTE="acemasta21"]

OPuniverse

wait what?
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
UNCHARTED 2 is the best looking game on your PLANET.On Earth Crysis>Uncharted 2
noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

UNCHARTED 2 BABBYYY YAA.......gametrailers used to be all 360 fanboys now they finally realized that the PS3 is far better system. the best gaming web sites is IGN, Gametrailers, and Gamespot.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pyromaniac223

UNCHARTED 2 BABBYYY YAA.......gametrailers used to be all 360 fanboys now they finally realized that the PS3 is far better system. the best gaming web sites is IGN, Gametrailers, and Gamespot.

noble_aryan
I love how game websites can go straight from being terrible biased unprofessional fanboys to credible bastions of high gaming journalism once they say something in agreement with a particular set of fanboys on SW. And this seems perfectly logical to you?
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

Not all of us have high end PCs. And no I'm not saying they are the most expensive thing in the world but, Uncharted 2 offers so much much than nice graphics. It's the combination of story, very interesting and likeable characters, superb animations in the single player, and cinematic elements that make it seem like this will be a experience not to miss out on.

A lot of people say this game looks great, but they aren't only talking about graphics. They really mean the combination of everything I said looks great. I see the same people always mentioning Crysis because it's the best looking game. Well, I don't why you feel the need to rigoriously defend the game. I'm making a prediction that Uncharted 2 will have a better and more interesting story, characters, and action sequences than Crysis. I also think it will end up being a more fun single player and multiplayer experience than Crysis. You'd be surprised that a lot of people found Crysis to be boring at times.

I'm expecting some of u to throw the whole open-ended gameplay is the best agrument me: blah blah blah.....Crysis is so fun/revolutionary... blah blah..... I spent $1600 on a rig to play this game when it launched...... but will not admit it/tell anyone.....blah blah

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts

Some random ones

noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 noble_aryan

[QUOTE="noble_aryan"]

pyromaniac223

I love how game websites can go straight from being terrible biased unprofessional fanboys to credible bastions of high gaming journalism once they say something in agreement with a particular set of fanboys on SW. And this seems perfectly logical to you?

they gave goew2 a higher rank then MGS4. cmon man. thats unexceptable. but that was then but with the latest reviews iv seen from ps3 exclusives u no what theyv earned my trust to go to their site to watch their reviews. imo they give honest opinions for all systems. they have a tv show for god sakes. they are a pretty big time game site

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pyromaniac223

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="noble_aryan"]

noble_aryan

they gave goew2 a higher rank then MGS4. cmon man. thats unexceptable. but that was then but with the latest reviews iv seen from ps3 exclusives u no what theyv earned my trust to go to their site to watch their reviews. imo they give honest opinions for all systems. they have a tv show for god sakes. they are a pretty big time game site

Oh I see. The only credible reviews they do are the ones that make the PS3 seem better. Everything else is biased crap, right?
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mD-

we've seen ****ing 10000 Crysis pics. Everyone knows what the game looks like on high settings. Man Crysis fanboys are getting desperate to defend their shooter. Crysis is not the best FPS, there I said it.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OPuniverse

we've seen ****ing 10000 Crysis pics. Everyone knows what the game looks like on high settings. Man Crysis fanboys are getting desperate to defend their shooter. Crysis is not the best FPS, there I said it.

mD-
its more like console fanboys are getting more annoyed by crysis pic because their exclusive or w/e couldnt top it.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pyromaniac223

mD-
To be fair, Crysis fans only whip out the Crysis pics when consolites forget how good it looks and say stuff like this.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#40 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

mD-
Well the OP did say on the planet. When people make these threads they should make it clear that they mean console games. If someone posts a Crysis pic after that, then you can hate on them.
noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 noble_aryan

[QUOTE="noble_aryan"]

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] I love how game websites can go straight from being terrible biased unprofessional fanboys to credible bastions of high gaming journalism once they say something in agreement with a particular set of fanboys on SW. And this seems perfectly logical to you?pyromaniac223

Oh I see. The only credible reviews they do are the ones that make the PS3 seem better. Everything else is biased crap, right?

precisely

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#42 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

The problem with the crysis shots posted and the shots from my PC is the jagged edges even when i have all settings on enthusiast with 8x AA running there are obvious jagged edges =/ not to mention my frame rate drops to like 15 with AA set that high =[

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
*yawn* im getting bored of these crysis pics that hermits always post...makes me wonder if they even have a computer actually capable of running crysis on even high settings....
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mD-
[QUOTE="mD-"]

OPuniverse
its more like console fanboys are getting more annoyed by crysis pic because their exclusive or w/e couldnt top it.

I hope you're not trying to suggest that I'm a console fanboy. Also, let me get this straight. You don't see anything wrong with people posting 5+ Crysis pics in any that talks about graphics? That's just stupid. Lastly, lol @ you thinking Crysis is the top FPS in general.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox

[QUOTE="mD-"]

OPuniverse

No, it's not that at all. It's repetitive as **** and it gets really annoying. EVERYONE knows Crysis is the best out there and nothing comes close, it doesn't need to be said every thread with a **** load of pictures forcing us to scroll down over in order to read a damn thread.

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mD-
[QUOTE="mD-"]

SparkyProtocol
Well the OP did say on the planet. When people make these threads they should make it clear that they mean console games. If someone posts a Crysis pic after that, then you can hate on them.

I don't care, it's usually the same people who do it on every thread that mentions great graphics no matter what. Even if it's only focused on consoles. It's annoying having to scroll through 6 screenshots of a game that I've played and don't care much for.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
Gametrailers has absolutely 0 credibility even if they are only talking about console games.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AAllxxjjnn
EVERYONE knows Crysis is the best out there and nothing comes closeChutebox
Apparently Game Trailers doesn't.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pyromaniac223

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="noble_aryan"]they gave goew2 a higher rank then MGS4. cmon man. thats unexceptable. but that was then but with the latest reviews iv seen from ps3 exclusives u no what theyv earned my trust to go to their site to watch their reviews. imo they give honest opinions for all systems. they have a tv show for god sakes. they are a pretty big time game site

noble_aryan

precisely

Oh okay. I thought you were being serious for a second lol.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mD-
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]EVERYONE knows Crysis is the best out there and nothing comes closeAAllxxjjnn
Apparently Game Trailers doesn't.

Does it really bother you that much? Maybe you should go to Gametrailer forums and flood them with screenshots just so that they are reminded which is the best looking game.