GS Blazblue review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shalashaska88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 shalashaska88
Member since 2005 • 3198 Posts

Sorry if already posted.

Link

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
Great score for an apparently great game.
OddballTECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#3 OddballTECH
Member since 2005 • 7902 Posts

Its posted on the homepage, so why post it here?

Well, I skimmed through it earlier this morning. I agree with it mostly. I only played it for a bit, but I enjoyed it for the most part because I am a fan of Guilty Gear. I like the characters most of all; they were well-varied, I thought.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Great review, better than IGN's were they overratted way to much imo. But yeah anyway great review by GS, I think its fair to say they hit the nail right the head with this one, welcome change imo :P.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Its posted on the homepage, so why post it here?

Well, I skimmed through it earlier this morning. I agree with it mostly. I only played it for a bit, but I enjoyed it for the most part because I am a fan of Guilty Gear. I like the characters most of all; they were well-varied, I thought.

OddballTECH

So we can kinda like talk about it, you know since this is a forum after all.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

This game is a 9 to me at least. The bad points are just silly. The just 12 characters is dumb I mean its a new fighter ip theyusally start with a cast list that big. Also

Loud, gaudy, and potentially confusing for beginners

Really? I mean really. I felt this game was easy to jump right in and play. Even a friend of my who never touched a GG game found it easy to jump in. Im sorry GS but your bad points are well BAD.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Good review. It isn't better than Street Fighter IV.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
It deserved a 9. Screw GS! Watch their matches, they don't even know what they're doing.
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

well.. another flop..

BTW this one looks much better than SF4, thats thematterfortrusting GS

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#10 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I thought an 8.5 or 9.0 would be its score.

Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts
Just look at the bad points and you will notice immediately that something is wrong. "Only 12 Characters" - My gosh.. at least all of them play completely different - they are all very unique and therefore "12 Chars" doesn't matter. (Besides.. it's a IP) "Loud, gaudy, and potentially confusing for beginners." - Seems like someone missed out the Limited Edition DVD :P Just look it up on youtube and it isn't confusing at all for beginners. Loud and Gaudy? xP WTF how can that be considered a bad point? Is it even "loud"? Go to Options and Sound Settings if it is too loud, dear Gamespot. And now.. their positive points: Colorful, well-animated characters and backgrounds Surprisingly deep gameplay and totally unique characters Excellent online performance Plenty of offline content Welcome home, Guilty Gear fans. -> 8.0 Srsly? xP Nearly everything a superb Fighting Game can offer is offered with BlazBlue.. GS even notices them all and gave it 8.0? o_o
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Nice score.

That being said, it certainly seems like they could'nt think of any real negatives but still wanted to give it an 8.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

The game deserves a 9, it does hardly anything wrong.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

well this proves my point SF4=9>>>>>>>>>>BB=8 :D

Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
they get a 8 for 12 characters and loud and confusing fighters thats may be tough for beginners?!?!?!? but i thought blazbule was teh NOOBZ friendly game. This is the first time I dont agree with GS review
juno84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juno84
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

I think the review was fine other than a few things. 1) They complained about skills not transferring well between characters which particularly struck me. You have to dig pretty deep to make character variety sound like a bad thing. 2) They also went on a bit about confusing system mechanics which could be clarified in less than a minute by glancing through the manual. Is this forbidden now? Are all of a game's mechanics supposed to be apparent or taught through in game tutorials? I felt this was a bit of a non-issue. 3) I fail to see how anyone could be confused by what is going on. Unless you and a friend are drunk and mashing, it shouldn't be hard for even a biginner to figure out who is throwing ice and who is throwing bees.

To me, it feels like they knocked off a point for the game not being close enough to street fighter (ie not enough clone characters and too many bars/mechanics that a SF player won't recognize). The truth is, fighters don't *need* to be like SF anymore than a FPS needs to be like doom. Games should be judged by their own merits, not by how closely the apple falls from the tree.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

One thing I do agree about is that it's a little too busy from a visual perspective. Trying to find a balance between dramatic/flashy and cluttered is tough job. But BlazBlue seems to teeter toward the cluttered side of things where aggro-heavy combos and specials can take up too much of the screen's real estate.

And in my eyes, any points they gained by having a story mode is easily negated by cringe-inducing dialogue and nonsensical story.... more so than most fighters... and SF4 was already pretty bad already.

But that's still a great score. I don't think I'll ever trade/sell my copy.