Great News For Fans Of The Elder Scrolls: TES 6 Builds Are Already Playable, According To Bethesda

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

Great news and for the record I think this coming to as many platforms as possible is a no-brainer so cows you should be hyped for this as well. :P

Anyway, still a quite a way out but get pumped anyway. lol :P

Thoughts?

The Story.

---

Great News For Fans Of The Elder Scrolls: TES 6 Builds Are Already Playable, According To Bethesda

Story by johanna.goebel@earlygame.com (Johanna Goebel)

• 20h • 1 min read

The Elder Scrolls franchise turned an astounding 30 years old this March, with TES: Arena released in 1994.To celebrate the series' birthday, Bethesda released an open letter to The Elder Scrolls fans, providing new information about the sixth main game.

Excitement Builds As The Elder Scrolls 6 Enters Development Phase

Things have been pretty quiet around The Elder Scrolls 6. Bethesda gave us a teaser trailer five years ago that we are still feeding off.

But now Skyrim's older sister is officially in development, and it seems to be even further along than we thought!

The first playable builds of Elder Scrolls 6 are already in use, according to Bethesda's birthday letter:

Last but not least, yes, we are in development on the next chapter - The Elder Scrolls VI. Even now, returning to Tamriel and playing early builds has us filled with the same joy, excitement, and promise of adventure.

But that should not get us too excited. The game is still in an early stage of development, and while we do not have an official release date yet, we should not expect a release before 2026.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12985 Posts

Damn, Xbox fans eating good!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts

@kvallyx said:

Damn, Xbox fans eating good!

Yeah even Starfield was pretty great, can't wait for the next Bethesda title.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8096 Posts

Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be a launch title for next-gen Xbox.. that's my prediction anyway.. not that "launch title" means much anymore since it will surely be cross-gen..

at any rate, i'm beyond hyped to see what they'll do in the next installment.. 👍

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44210 Posts

Sweet. Really looking forward to this game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:

Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be a launch title for next-gen Xbox.. that's my prediction anyway.. not that "launch title" means much anymore since it will surely be cross-gen..

at any rate, i'm beyond hyped to see what they'll do in the next installment.. 👍

Xbox Series S holding it back? ;)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts

Potentially a changer of everything.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38877 Posts

Bet you anything that the mega rough state of starfield has clapped the hype of ES6. They'll need to go overtime on that marketing if they want people to be hyped.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

TES lore is good, but are the quests going to at least be on par with those found in Online? How about game mechanics? Bethesda games feel woefully out of date as of since Fallout 4. Are there going to be significant changes to the game mechanics.

Also,

Just a reminder that Starfield's 61% > Dragon's Dogma 2's 59%.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

Bet you anything that the mega rough state of starfield has clapped the hype of ES6. They'll need to go overtime on that marketing if they want people to be hyped.

With Starfield being their most successful game in the history of Bethesda, they have nothing to worry about.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

With Starfield being their most successful game in the history of Bethesda, they have nothing to worry about.

I am sure Starfield has a higher number cuz its the most successful game. Let me know that number, i am very excited.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen
@Maroxad said:

TES lore is good, but are the quests going to at least be on par with those found in Online? How about game mechanics? Bethesda games feel woefully out of date as of since Fallout 4. Are there going to be significant changes to the game mechanics.

Also,

I truly believe that you don't even deserve to play DD2 at this point.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

@hardwenzen: I didnt write a negative review for it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: I didnt write a negative review for it.

You're nothing but negative for titles that i like. Don't think for a single second that i didn't notice.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@hardwenzen: You played it…..and you liked it?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hardwenzen
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You played it…..and you liked it?

What DD2? If i played it "enough" like i usually do, you'd see me spam about this game on every post of mine. But currently busy, and i can't nolife the game properly, so i don't know if its as good as i expect it being. But i do know some friends that were heavily into DD1, and they love the shit outta DD2, so my expectations are high. And one thing for sure, just so the game doesn't feel "braindead easy", i only use my main pawn, and from what i've played, its far from easy. i just hope it doesn't become too easy at higher levels.

BUT this is not a sequel, nor it is a remaster or a remake. This is literally the full release of dragon's dogma 1, while the 7th gen DD1 was like a beta that ran for 12 years. Is that a negative? Absofuckinglutely not.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1255 Posts

"please xbox,can we have it"

NO!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

Well I haven't had a reason to use my Xbox in like 2 years, although I still hop on and try some Gamepass titles from time to time, so if this, for whatever reason, doesn't release on PS5/PS6 then I'll be playing it either way. Chances are it's going to release on everything though.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58331 Posts

This is good news! Wasn't expecting this game until 2025 or later TBH but if they have working builds right now that means they're pretty much "feature complete" and are just ironing out bugs and putting on finishing touches.

@Maroxad said:

Also,

Having recently played through Outcast: A New Beginning and really enjoying their quest structure, I have higher standards now for both main quests, side quests, and the utilization of various areas.

For those that haven't played Outcast yet (you all should!), the quests take place on an open-world where there's a bunch of villages. Many of the quests have you going to other villages and ultimately establishing this whole web of quest structures, and it makes everything feel really relevant and meaningful while not making everything mandatory.

Anyway, point is: I hope to see improvements to quests and stuff in Bethesda games. Ubisoft has upped their effort in their last few open-world games, smaller studios have as well...let's see Bethesda do it too.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3028 Posts

@saint-george: more like "please PlayStation, can we put more games on your system since no one buys ours"

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 981 Posts

Lets hope it isn't as mid as Starfield and Fallout 4.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

It would take a miracle, but this game just may unseat GOAT Starfield. ;o

Eh, not likely, that's a real uphill climb for any game to accomplish in the next decade or two. lol :P

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

After Skyrim, Fallout 4, Fallout 76 and Starfield... I actually have no faith that BGS will ever make a good game again.

The last true masterpiece they made was Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

Its only been downhill since.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8856 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

If the rumors are true about the hardware release schedule, I agree with you.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1255 Posts

@uitravioience said:

@saint-george: more like "please PlayStation, can we put more games on your system since no one buys ours"

Isn't that why Sony are putting their first party on PC??

You got emotional and took St George's bait didn't you
You got emotional and took St George's bait didn't you