Graphicaly is there any game on wii that could' nt have been made on a last gen

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
Is you dont count the wii's controles and just go by graphicaly. Is there any game on the wii that could not have been made on a last generation console. Maybe MP3 SBG and SSBB might work on the orginal x-box. Dont get me wrong i know the entire purpose of the wii is the controles. I like my wii a lot I am just wondering.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
SMG looks good coz of its art style.....graphically all games on wii can easily be done on original xbox.....Splinter Cell Chaos Theory looks better then every wii game
Avatar image for TimeToPartyHard
TimeToPartyHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TimeToPartyHard
Member since 2004 • 1963 Posts
In short, yes. There are games that could not have been done.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
SMG looks good coz of its art style.....graphically all games on wii can easily be done on original xbox.....Splinter Cell Chaos Theory looks better then every wii gamemingo123
I also believe SMG can be done on the xbox because the xbox was never maxed out and I do not think SMG comes even close to maxing out the wii.
Fondness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fondness
Member since 2008 • 902 Posts
I don't know if it's capable of being achieved. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be astounded if it actually works.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

I think yeah, hypothetically speaking, just about any Wii game could be done on the original Xbox.

Now, that isn't to say that the Wii is not more powerful than the Xbox, it just means that most developers have yet to really take advantage of the Wii hardware.

I think within the next few years we will start to see games on Wii that simply could not be done on original Xbox hardware.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
And while you may have the same graphics, you probably won't have the same framerate. I mean, even Sunshine slows down on the last boss battle.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EmperorZeruel

I think yeah, hypothetically speaking, just about any Wii game could be done on the original Xbox.

Now, that isn't to say that the Wii is not more powerful than the Xbox, it just means that most developers have yet to really take advantage of the Wii hardware.

I think within the next few years we will start to see games on Wii that simply could not be done on original Xbox hardware.

jethrovegas

I agree the wii is still is yet to show its full potential. After a couple of years we will seee what the wii can realy do.

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are the only ones I can think of.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

SSBB

and graficly yes,but with the 4 control schemes, never :P

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
MP3, SMG and SSBB looks better than any Xbox game I've played.
wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wasted_wisdom
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts

Is you dont count the wii's controles and just go by graphicaly. Is there any game on the wii that could not have been made on a last generation console. Maybe MP3 SBG and SSBB might work on the orginal x-box. Dont get me wrong i know the entire purpose of the wii is the controles. I like my wii a lot I am just wondering.EmperorZeruel

Call me a fanboy cause that's what I am and that's what we all are, but I still don't consider the Wii as a next gen. I'm sorry I think it's trapped between the PS2/GC/Xbox and the real next-gen, PS3/360. But to make something clear to people, speaking as a 40%hermit and 60% cow, the PC is the best form of gaming out there and I don't even think its fair to the pc in SW, as long as the were using sales as a way to say who won the console war, it's not like there's a sales chart for pCs sold. But let's not forget this, PC gaming is the best plat and as soon as I get a job, I plan on building me a rig for 2,000$. I already have everything laid out on newegg.com.

TheMysticHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheMysticHorse
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts
99% of Wii games could be done on PS2 or Dreamcast.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kirlok
Member since 2008 • 2061 Posts
yes, splinter cell and halo 2 both look as good as any wii game to date
lolfiretruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lolfiretruck
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts

99% of Wii games could be done on PS2 or Dreamcast.TheMysticHorse

99% of PC games can be played on my cell phone

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts
i actually think the wii has alot of potential i think few years down the line we will see games looking splinter cell chaos theory or riddick escape frm butchers bay on there but that will be near to maxed out
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

99% of Wii games could be done on PS2 or Dreamcast.TheMysticHorse

the same would be true for 360/ps3 games.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Galaxy possibly. Other than that no.
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
Well all the Wii games could be done on the Xbox 1's hardware, but the Wii has better looking games.
wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wasted_wisdom
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMysticHorse"]99% of Wii games could be done on PS2 or Dreamcast.lolfiretruck

99% of PC games can be played on my cell phone

:LOl I really want to say something right now but I might get edited. But that's a good one though. Really funny. I guess that's why nintendo keeps making all those minigames I could play on my pc by just clicking start, and going to all programs, then games and wohlaa!!!! I'll have all thos games and there wouldn't be a need for any Mario Checkers, Mario SUper Solitaire Gamble Brothers. Mario Freecell. I mean it feels like all they do is port games and just replace the chracters with mushrooms and bunnies and straw berries.

See I could make unnccesary cliams too!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

even though it isnt out yet Monster Hunter might do it

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

And while you may have the same graphics, you probably won't have the same framerate. I mean, even Sunshine slows down on the last boss battle.flazzle

it does? it didnt for me.:|

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
Any of the games can be done on the original Xbox. But processing power is not the selling point of the Wii anyways.
CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

I think the more salient question is whether X360/PS3 have any games with gameplay elements that weren't possible last generation.

:|

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Nope. Anything so far could've been done on the Gamecube or at least Xbox.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

SMG, MP3 AND SSBB couldnt have been done on any last gen system last time i checked.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
No, every game released so far on the Wii looks on par with a GameCube game. And the technically "advanced" games look like late gen Xbox games. The Wii is only about as powerfull as the original Xbox, which is still saying alot the Xbox was pretty advanced for last gen but graphics are not what Nintendo is even going for. So Wii graphics debates are pretty much null and void. The Wii was purposefully removed from the graphics race so why do people bother pulling it into it on here?
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PullTheTricker

I think the more salient question is whether X360/PS3 have any games with gameplay elements that weren't possible last generation.

:|

CelineDion

Elder Scrolls IV, Gears of War, RB6 Vegas, Dead Rising. There are plenty of games that have gotten new gameplay elements. But generally I agree. This generation hasn't progressed very far from the previous one.

Half-Life 2 a last-generation game is still far superior do anything mentioned above. Except for the linear level design wich I agree seems sligtly outdated. Can't blame it since its a very old game.

But neither does the Wii. With RE4 scoring AAA, it just shows that Gamespot doesn't really seem to demand improved gameplay.

Then you might say, new control scheme affects gameplay. But so does processing power wich makes the game more immersive, give emotional expressions on faces. Make the game more real etc. etc etc.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PullTheTricker

[QUOTE="Ket87"]No, every game released so far on the Wii looks on par with a GameCube game. And the technically "advanced" games look like late gen Xbox games. The Wii is only about as powerfull as the original Xbox, which is still saying alot the Xbox was pretty advanced for last gen but graphics are not what Nintendo is even going for. So Wii graphics debates are pretty much null and void. The Wii was purposefully removed from the graphics race so why do people bother pulling it into it on here?mangobear

I think the wii is competing more with fisher price toys than actual next gen games to be honest. But no wii-lover will ever admit that. The fact of the matter is the wii is a last gen system, dressed up as a next gen box. Its shallow fun for a bit, but its best games disregard the controller for the gimmick it really is.

No denying. However. I gotta salute Miyamoto for his great work on Mario Galaxy. Maybe due to the lack of platformers these days my standards have been lowered. I honestly don't know. But the game is great.

But yes, Wii in general lacks a library. Unless you're a Nintendo maniac you will get bored rather quick with it.

But not to say its competitors supposedly ''next-generation'' systems are any better. I could give valid critcism to all three consoles.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
I'm still amazed how Rouge Squadron 2 and 3 looks on GC and in my opinion they are still equal to the best WII games in graphic. Can't wait to see how Factor 5's WII game is going to look.
iusm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iusm78
Member since 2008 • 1474 Posts
Zelda: TP is an amazing looking game. No way it cuold be done on any last gen system. That's why Siroyuki decided to do the lame cartoony one.
KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

MP3, SMG and SSBB looks better than any Xbox game I've played. Silenthps

I'm sorry, I like those games, but SSBB and MP3 (with its jaggies galore) look like they could have been done on the Xbox. I was more wowed by games like NGB on the original XBox.

SMG on the other hand looks better than the original XBox. Could have to do with it's excellent art style and color and stuff, but it looks really good to me.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KingOfKonging

Zelda: TP is an amazing looking game. No way it cuold be done on any last gen system. That's why Siroyuki decided to do the lame cartoony one.iusm78

Is that why it's on the GC, too?

iusm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 iusm78

[QUOTE="iusm78"]Zelda: TP is an amazing looking game. No way it cuold be done on any last gen system. That's why Siroyuki decided to do the lame cartoony one.KingOfKonging

Haha, but you know what I mean. Twilight Princess was so good that no last gen system could have handled the graphics much less the story and length.

KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KingOfKonging
[QUOTE="KingOfKonging"]

[QUOTE="iusm78"]Zelda: TP is an amazing looking game. No way it cuold be done on any last gen system. That's why Siroyuki decided to do the lame cartoony one.iusm78

Haha, but you know what I mean. Twilight Princess was so good that no last gen system could have handled the graphics much less the story and length.

Sorry man, I'm not really sure what you mean.

TP is on the GC. GC was a last gen system.

tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tifaz
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts
The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.
iusm78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 iusm78

The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.tifaz

Actually it does have new revolutionary hardware. It has a motion control remote. You can hold it like a tennis racket and box with it.

tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tifaz

[QUOTE="tifaz"]The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.iusm78

Actually it does have new revolutionary hardware. It has a motion control remote. You can hold it like a tennis racket and box with it.

lol are you being sarcastic? That has nothing to do with graphics does it. I believe the wii isnt as powerful as the original xbox. I'd like to see games like halo 2 and doom 3 (from a technical standpoint, not artistic) run on the wii.

tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tifaz

[QUOTE="tifaz"]The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.iusm78

lol are you being sarcastic? That has nothing to do with graphics does it. I believe the wii isnt as powerful as the original xbox. I'd like to see games like halo 2 and doom 3 (from a technical standpoint, not artistic) run on the wii.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="iusm78"]

[QUOTE="tifaz"]The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.tifaz

doom 3 maybe

Halo 2 ...pfft :lol:

Metroid prime 3 looks better than halo 2

nick31189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 nick31189
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
[QUOTE="tifaz"][QUOTE="iusm78"]

[QUOTE="tifaz"]The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.Shinobishyguy

doom 3 maybe

While since my crappy computer can run doom 3, and i only have a 64mb video card than yes the wii can run it. Halo 2 r u kidding me the graphics aren't that great even for a Xbox(sexbox) game. lol

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
nope, probably not.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
smg and ssbb couldn't have been done last gen.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No last gen console had the ability to handle the physics in Elebits.

So yes, there are games that could have not run on last gen's hardware.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 EmperorZeruel
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="tifaz"][QUOTE="iusm78"]

[QUOTE="tifaz"]The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.nick31189

doom 3 maybe

While since my crappy computer can run doom 3, and i only have a 64mb video card than yes the wii can run it. Halo 2 r u kidding me the graphics aren't that great even for a Xbox(sexbox) game. lol

If you look at halo 2 then look at MP3 you will see that MP3 looks better then halo 2 technelly and articticaly.

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy could've definitely been done on gamecube. Look at the difference between Halo and Halo 2. Both on Xbox. Rest my case.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy could've definitely been done on gamecube. Look at the difference between Halo and Halo 2. Both on Xbox. Rest my case.bphan

how does the difference between halo ce and halo 2 prove smg could have been done on the gamecube?

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts
[QUOTE="nick31189"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="tifaz"][QUOTE="iusm78"]

[QUOTE="tifaz"]The wii is based on gamecube hardware meaning theres no reason why devs cannot use the full power of the wii straight away. Theres no excuse saying 'wait for devs to unleash the wii's power'. The wii doesnt have any revolutionary new hardware that devs havnt worked with before like the cell. Its likely it has already been reached with Super smash bros.EmperorZeruel

doom 3 maybe

If you look at halo 2 then look at MP3 you will see that MP3 looks better then halo 2 technelly and articticaly.

I disagree.