DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56117 Posts

Kinda surprised no one hasn't made a thread on it's own merit for an opinion to being the first open-world Star Wars game in its existence was very impressive at Ubisoft showcase few days ago:

I'll be honest, as someone who happens to be a Star Wars fan, (the video games really and less on the movies) I'm unsure how I feel at this time, and don't get me wrong, it'll be a day one purchase on PC for me, but something felt off about the gameplay...mainly the shootout parts were iffy but I'm sure it'll improve overtime of its development. Other than that, I really like the taking off part and jumping into hyperspace at anytime was the best part IMO. If this is what Star Wars 1313 intended to be, glad Ubisoft took those blueprints ideas and made it their own.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Its also made by Ubisoft, and they have no idea what a good game even is.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@hardwenzen said:

I also think their Avatar game looks good.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58320 Posts

I too am really looking forward to it, especially since it appears to be avoiding the whole Jedi/Sith conflict and focusing on something more relatable and interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jedi and Sith lore, but I also like to take a break from it. It's why I found Rogue One, Andor, and even Solo such entertaining shows and films to watch. It's like "OK, there's no demi-god here to save everyone, things are less epic but the stakes are somehow higher. Let's see how this plays out".

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@hardwenzen said:

Ubisoft makes good games, they just make shit decisions sometimes that really seem out of touch with your average consumer.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

its being made my Massive Entertainment who are probably their best studio though. Even if they aren't your cup of tea, the Division games are very well made. before Ubisoft bought the studio they made World in Conflict which was a fantastic RTT game.

I think this has a shot at being really good

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Looks great and will probably pick it up. Ubisoft makes great open world games, then they keep repeating the same shit over and over again until people are sick of it. But yeah this and the avatar game looks fresh and innovative enough for me to try them out

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2067 Posts

Tbh it reminds me a little of wildlands but minus the customisation, feels like they've tried to hybridise the open world feel of something like wildlands with something more akin to a hand holdy third person action adventure game. My initial impression just left me feeling underwhelmed if I'm honest, it looks fine but I feel like you take the same concept add in more customisation it would probably leave a better impression. Side note pretty much all the most popular things in Star wars have incredibly strong visual design elements this doesn't.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I too am really looking forward to it, especially since it appears to be avoiding the whole Jedi/Sith conflict and focusing on something more relatable and interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jedi and Sith lore, but I also like to take a break from it. It's why I found Rogue One, Andor, and even Solo such entertaining shows and films to watch. It's like "OK, there's no demi-god here to save everyone, things are less epic but the stakes are somehow higher. Let's see how this plays out".

I don’t really get this opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s not like we are drowning in good Jedi franchises. However we have a lot of cover shooters. I’d much rather have an open world Jedi game tbh.

The gameplay looked fine for what is is though. Def interested to play this one when it comes out!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46309 Posts

It felt like a vertical slice for sure, there was so much they wanted to show in a 7 minute trailer.

I think the 12 minute extended cut where the devs talk you through is way better.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Sony copy ubisoft,if ubisoft games are shit....then

You figure it out

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

Wait, so Ubisoft + Star Wars + open world? Whoa. It has the chance to be the worst game ever created.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

Not a Star Wars fan so i'll pass.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I skimmed the trailer, it looks nothing like GTA. 3rd Person action adventure is more like it, and it starts with a stealth sequence and barely shows any open world stuff. It seemed to be linear in that part as well. Stole dead eye right from RDR, Yeah but on top of that, I just can't tell if the main character is Male or Female. This looks bad, I def wont be buying it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

The fact that it's being made by Ubisoft is kind of a red flag but the gameplay did look very impressive. Of course it didn't reveal anything about the actual open world design that usually puts me off of Ubisoft titles.

But I'm interested to see Massive Entertainment's take on the project. And the Star Wars lore does make it quite a bit more intriguing than AC and Far Cry. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3408 Posts

To me personally it's the perfect shit cocktail. StarWars and Ubisoft. 🤮

Regardless I did enjoyed Kotor but I have 0 trust on Ubisoft.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12969 Posts

I am in like Flynn. Looking forward to it. I love anything Star Wars!

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

I am a Star Wars fan on the movies and much less on the games. I will wait for reviews, and it is not a day one purchase. If the new game can convey some of the merits of Mass Effect, I'm in. I do see similarities.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1240 Posts

Watched a tiny bit of gameplay.... looked terrible. Sorta like the stealth segments from spiderman

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen

@davillain said:
@hardwenzen said:

I also think their Avatar game looks good.

I am sure you will enjoy climbing towers and take over 234923498239853487953847 camps on the map

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44192 Posts

It does look quite good. Same with Avatar game. I’m interested in both right now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@with_teeth26 said:
@hardwenzen said:

its being made my Massive Entertainment who are probably their best studio though. Even if they aren't your cup of tea, the Division games are very well made. before Ubisoft bought the studio they made World in Conflict which was a fantastic RTT game.

I think this has a shot at being really good

Makes no difference, Massive makes the same garbage games (maybe 15% better than your average Ubi game). Both The Division titles were incredibly bad.

The Star Wars gameplay didn't look "bad", so i am not gonna poopoo on it just yet, tho.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

In the Prequel era use to buy any old Starwars game, now just not excited at all any more.

Not sure if that's Disney era being garbo, the modern design or the companies or maybe all 3. But just don't care anymore.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6873 Posts

I honestly thought it looked good but two things bugged me.

1. I have no interest in playing as that main character.

2. It's an Ubisoft game so they will downgrade the shit out of it before release. The Division and Watchdogs were two of the most downgraded games in history.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6873 Posts
@simple-facts said:

Sony copy ubisoft,if ubisoft games are shit....then

You figure it out

Except Sony ganes on average review much better because well they are. Ubisoft wishes it could produce something on Sony's level of quality.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

@Sushiglutton said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I don’t really get this opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s not like we are drowning in good Jedi franchises. However we have a lot of cover shooters. I’d much rather have an open world Jedi game tbh.

The gameplay looked fine for what is is though. Def interested to play this one when it comes out!

Well, that's exactly the point: we aren't drowning in good Jedi franchises. We're drowning in mediocre or poor ones.

Episodes 1-3 were meh, and Episodes 7-9 were likewise meh.

Rebels was great and really explored the Jedi-Apprentice dynamic, but other than that I'd say the best SW material in the last couple decades has been non-Jedi stuff.

Just my two cents. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars and even at its most mediocre I still enjoy it, I've just grown fond of the more contemporary, smaller-scale, and non-Jedi/Sith stuff.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Game looks meh and I'll pass on the Rey with a blaster design of the main character. They coulda gave us a game with Sabine or Hera but no they went with space Kristen Stewart.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

If it's not filled with boring filler to artificially inflate its length, I'll check it out.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Episodes 1-3 were meh

Blocked.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

Ouch Cup. Episode 1, 2, 3 told a story as it went on but the recent Star Wars movies just missed the mark.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mrbojangles25

@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Sushiglutton said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Episodes 1-3 were meh

Blocked.

OK, episodes 1-2 were meh.

3 was good.

They just...they did Anakin dirty. The writing, the direction. Poor Hayden 😢

Thank god we had Clone Wars to provide some filler and expand on that era otherwise I would have just moved on.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25
@Ballroompirate said:

...they went with space Kristen Stewart.

I didn't think the character looked like she was suppressing a fart for three days at all. What are you talking about?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

I didn't think the character looked like she was suppressing a fart for three days at all. What are you talking about?

I don't know about Kristen Stewart. But what I do know is the main character acts like Jyn from Rogue One and for that, I like it👌

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mrbojangles25

@davillain said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Ballroompirate said:

I don't know about Kristen Stewart. But what I do know is the main character acts like Jyn from Rogue One and for that, I like it👌

I kind of got a Doctor Aphra vibe from her, at least from a design standpoint. I haven't read enough of the comics (or seen enough of the game) to get an idea of either of their personalities.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

OK, episodes 1-2 were meh.

3 was good.

They just...they did Anakin dirty. The writing, the direction. Poor Hayden 😢

Thank god we had Clone Wars to provide some filler and expand on that era otherwise I would have just moved on.

This argument is always strange to me. The dialogue is exactly on the a par with TOS.

Loading Video...

Revenge Of The Sith is also the most greatest movie, probably ever made.

Loading Video...

It predicated

1. Donald Trump

2. The January 6 United States Capitol attack (Donald Trump Order 66)

3. The Ukraine War

4. Young men indoctrinated by right wing people like Tim Pool and Ben Shapiro

5. Donald Trump being elected due to libs being dumb

Probably other stuff. Needless to say it's smarter than anything Hideo Kojima has done.