Gran Turismo Sport is the best looking racing game. Period.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@gfxpipeline said:

LOL.

Drive Club is by far the most fun arcade racer this gen.

Go away gpuking. Nobody agrees with you.

DriveClub is not a great racing game. There are times when the game looks incredible and other times when it looks like crap. It's not even on the same level as Forza or GT.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Have you seen the gifs you posted? I'm 100% sure that there are much more beautiful FH3 images.

Although now I'm thinking you are trolling :)

I literally have the game on my PC and can run it in 4K. The lighting is nowhere near as impressive as what I have seen in the GT Sport Beta.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Rikusaki: I see that you came back as Sony's spokesman after the failure of Onlive?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Looks like Horizon isn't the only game that is crushing its competition.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44627 Posts

Meh. I'll take Forza over those other games any day of the week.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@Rikusaki: holy cow, Rikusaki is back?!

How have you been sir?

I'm doing great! Been very busy. :)

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@Juub1990:

Thanks. That's why I asked.

I prefer the graphics on stuff like this so realistic looking crashes seems better to me but I know a lot people would prefer gameplay over graphics.

I'm usually on the wrong side of that equation but whatever because I only care about what is fun to me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

I really like Horizon 3 and look forward to GT Sport for my PS4 racer.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

I think we should have some drive club vs gt comparisons going on. If it can't beat drive club, then it's el oh el gt.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

Maybe i cant tell becuase im on mobile but fh3 looks better based on the footage posted in this thread. Gt car models look excellent but everything else isnt that great.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

We are still waiting for a racing game that looks better than Forza Motorsport 6. I am guessing that will be Forza Motorsport 7 later this year.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@loe12k: why did you post Forza 6 Apex as Xbox/PC? That's a PC-only game

Well its not fair to put a racing game on xbox one up against the PS4. The PS4 has better memory+ better GPU.

The footage i posted was 1080p 60fps on PC its not any higher. It be around the same level of PS4 graphics.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@22Toothpicks: FH3 looks pretty good - at least on PC. It does has to be viewed through the "open world" lens, though. It's not pristine in person. Not at all. But like TW3, the foibles with the visuals can be forgiven due to the fact that it's open world - the scale and seamlessness of the environment has to be accounted for when judging how good the stupid blades of grass look and such.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@loe12k: yeah, I was just confused because it looked like you were saying Apex was an X1+PC game.

As an aside, I like both Apex and FH3! FH3 is more fun for me, though, even if it's less "simulationey"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#66 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59400 Posts

Racing games are so realistic now that the difference is negligible.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kvally

The good news is, that Sony is consistent. The GranTurismoUnchartedKillzoneStation is sticking to it's milking this year as normal. I guess that is what you do when that is all you got. Looking forward to this game. I am going with a 9/10 at GS and an 8/10 at metacritic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#68 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I've been away from the racing genre for a long time. Used to play GT a LOT back in the day but recently just lost interest in the genre overall be it sim-racing or arcade racing. I just feel the genre hasnt evolved enough over the years (well truthfully speaking its a genre that doesnt have that much room to evolve in the 1st place). Saying this I'm still curious to know how GT Sport ends up being. I believe Polyphony Digital will look at Forza and try its best to "one up" it. Since GT Sport has less cars then previous GT games I hope they have realized quantity =/= quality and will deliver a more focused game.

Thats what I hope anyway. Lets see if GT Sport can make me get back into racing games...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@dakur said:

Gran Turismo is also the best sim overall. Only with GT you can actually get the skills to become a professional racer with GT Academy.

LOLOLOLOL if you think ANY of the GT games are a SIM. IRacing runs circles around any of those arcade/sim racing games. Go away with that your cow spewing BS

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22417 Posts

Lmao... ok then.

It's a shame for cows that Forza are the better games in almost every way. And we'll talk about graphics later in the year when Forza 7 comes out and I'm assuming, FH3 gets updated for Scorpio.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

GT for awhile was the king of racers the problem is they recycle to many assets. I remeber at times GT6 looked amazing on the PS3 but then you would see a PS2 car model in your race and it would throw everything off. They need to throw away the old assets.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kvally

@Vatusus said:

I've been away from the racing genre for a long time. Used to play GT a LOT back in the day but recently just lost interest in the genre overall be it sim-racing or arcade racing. I just feel the genre hasnt evolved enough over the years (well truthfully speaking its a genre that doesnt have that much room to evolve in the 1st place). Saying this I'm still curious to know how GT Sport ends up being. I believe Polyphony Digital will look at Forza and try its best to "one up" it. Since GT Sport has less cars then previous GT games I hope they have realized quantity =/= quality and will deliver a more focused game.

Thats what I hope anyway. Lets see if GT Sport can make me get back into racing games...

Curious as to what evolution you would like to see in racing games?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@kvally said:
@Vatusus said:

Flying cars!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kvally

@n64dd said:
@kvally said:
@Vatusus said:

Flying cars!

Don't make me slap you!

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

the lack of good racers are making the cows go nuts.

poor cows

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kvally

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

the lack of good racers are making the cows go nuts.

poor cows

They have a great racer. The AAAAAAE rated DriveClub.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#77 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@kvally said:
@Vatusus said:

Read again. I said racing games dont have much room to evolve. Thats what happens in a genre where the premise has been the same ever since it started i.e. race against other cars. Burnout gave a little boost when it added mayhem into the mix but other than that the premise has always been the same and gameplay barely evolved.

Its not a matter of wether or not I want to see evolution but the room the genre has to evolve. And it isnt much

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#78  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Rikusaki: Sorry I played GT Sport at E3 last year it looked like a PS3 game. Its overall a regression for the series.

I'll say it again. Theres a reason Sony didnt even mention it in their stage presentation last year even though it had a huge booth set up on the show floor.

Because next to FH3 it looked like garbage.

Not to mention there will be a Forza 7 on Scorpio.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Rikusaki: good to hear! Also great to see you're still supporting gt through the mediocre games as of late!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kvally

@Vatusus said:
@kvally said:
@Vatusus said:

Read again. I said racing games dont have much room to evolve. Thats what happens in a genre where the premise has been the same ever since it started i.e. race against other cars. Burnout gave a little boost when it added mayhem into the mix but other than that the premise has always been the same and gameplay barely evolved.

Its not a matter of wether or not I want to see evolution but the room the genre has to evolve. And it isnt much

I read what you had in quotes, and I read what you mentioned before the quotes "I just feel the genre hasnt evolved enough over the years". I was just asking if there was something you would like to see, that is all. I am curious. I wouldn't mind something to keep us coming back. You have games like GT that added oil changes, pit stops, realistic graphics, rally, GT Academy and GT specific concept cars. Games like Forza added livery editors, Forzavista, damage physics and damage modeling, tuning/parts, auction house and a massive online community as well as cloud based drivatars. But what else would you (or any of us) like to see, without losing focus.

I liked that GT added the concept cars. I would like to see, again if it doesn't derail the genre, is the ability to design our own cars from scratch. Put tools that allow the developers to create cars (I know they are laser scanned in), but fictional cars could be made from a good set of tools.

Take a look here:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/vgt/

Give us tools to design our own vision of a car and race it. Allow us to sell to millions online for in game currency. Allow it to show up on custom leaderboards. Have design competitions on the car designs, votes, polls, allow the community to do livery to our concept cars. Even submit them to real manufacturers.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 osan0  Online
Member since 2004 • 17887 Posts

we get this every time with a GT release. images of "ingame" footage that look spectacular. then the game arrives and it looks great...when showing replays.

I have Gt6 on the ol PS3 (connected to a 1080P telly). the replays looks excellent but as soon as the player is about to take control it just goes blech in the visual department. well when i say blech its not bad. its just a bit of a let down in the visuals.

polyphony lie. they lie out their backside in the visuals department. not a bad thing as all developers lie and it leads to some great looking games. but just keep your expectations in check on the visuals front.

with the horsepower of the PS4 (nevermind the PRO) though what has been shown in those gifs shouldnt be completely outside the realm of possibility. they got some nice results out of the PS3 and i always got the impression that polyphony did not like working on the PS3.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

And OnLive will take over gaming.

I miss Rikusaki threads.

Yup those OnLive threads were amazing to read.

But this battle between Forza and Gran Turismo is like the Patriots (Forza) and the Bills (GT) at this point.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

GT Sport does look spectacular. Their lighting model for cars is pretty much the best in the industry. It makes GT Sport look like a real life TV broadcast compared to Forza which still looks like a game due to their inferior lighting.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e7bee46c6be
deactivated-58e7bee46c6be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-58e7bee46c6be
Member since 2017 • 44 Posts

Both the lighting and color palette work against Forza, it makes it look cartoonish and its cars look like they were made with plastic. GT on the other hand looks photorealistic probably because PD have better artists that know how to capture realism better. Because even on PS3, which was evenly matched with the X360, GT always looked more realistic than Forza even with the 2D trees and inferior texture work on the environment (all for the sake of 60 fps).

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Hey Rikusaki, how's that OnLive doing?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
Loading Video...

Come back when you have this kind of quality at native 4k and 60+ fps.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 518 Posts

@Rikusaki said:

While GT falls short in collision physics and engine sounds (although in this iteration, it has improved dramatically), the series has been second to none on achieving photo-realism.

I have a PC with a GTX 1060 that can max out both Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 6 Apex and they can't even hold a candle to GT Sports magnificent lighting, texture work and car models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7WfGWDkBxE

Loading Video...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@silversix_ said:

You are going to look more foolish than you already do in June. Forza 7 on Scorpio is going to crush this. Look at the sprite trees in GT. lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@silversix_ said:

You are going to look more foolish than you already do in June. Forza 7 on Scorpio is going to crush this. Look at the sprite trees in GT. lol

You keep telling me the same damn thing for couple of months now lol. I don't remember but i bet you were telling me and others the same thing about Teh Cloud and DX12. Keep on waiting.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@xhawk27 said:
@silversix_ said:

You keep telling me the same damn thing for couple of months now lol. I don't remember but i bet you were telling me and others the same thing about Teh Cloud and DX12. Keep on waiting.

Must have been someone else saying that to you. I do know that E3 is only a few months away and MS tides are about to turn. get it turn. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@quadknight said:

GT Sport does look spectacular. Their lighting model for cars is pretty much the best in the industry. It makes GT Sport look like a real life TV broadcast compared to Forza which still looks like a game due to their inferior lighting.

Lol, saying Forza has bad lighting

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@quadknight said:

Lol, saying Forza has bad lighting

It has shitty lighting compared to Driveclub and GT Sport. Looks fake and prebaked compared to those two especially compared to GT Sport. Not my fault you're too blind to see this.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@dakur said:

Gran Turismo is also the best sim overall. Only with GT you can actually get the skills to become a professional racer with GT Academy.

If by "professional racer" you mean driving dad's car when you're 12,sure.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Gran Turismo is my favorite racing simulator. Wish it had damage and engine sounds like in Project Cars and graphics like or better than Driveclub though. Driveclub is the best looking game this gen so far. Now that does not mean that it's a better game or more fun, it's not.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

How do I get into this Beta?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This is the same OP who told us ONLIVE is the future of gaming and they went bankrupt

he needs to tell us why he hyped ON LIVE or we should ignore him

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ButDuuude

@Heil68 said:

I really like Horizon 3 and look forward to GT Sport for my PS4 racer.

After playing Horizon 2, I'm afraid to go near Horizon 3. Horizon 2 is a pile crap with invisible walls.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

Direct feed shows the true quality lol

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By ButDuuude

@MonsieurX said:
@dakur said:

If by "professional racer" you mean driving dad's car when you're 12,sure.

He means this:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/meet-the-gran-turismo-player-now-driving-race-cars-for-real/1100-6419397/

and this:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-sport-will-let-you-earn-a-real-racing/1100-6441292/