GoW will live on after part III

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

According to Sony Santa Monica, they will continue to develop new games in the God of War series after this March's God of War III ends the current trilogy, though whether these games will see Kratos return as the protagonist remains to be seen.

Is his story coming to an end soon? Are there even more stories left to tell in the GoW world? Kratos freeing the Titans and waging war against the Gods of Olympus seems like a pretty final turn of events if you ask me.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
so god of war is sony's halo? they finish the 3 than go wild with spinoffs?
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

According to Sony Santa Monica, they will continue to develop new games in the God of War series after this March's God of War III ends the current trilogy, though whether these games will see Kratos return as the protagonist remains to be seen.

Is his story coming to an end soon? Are there even more stories left to tell in the GoW world? Kratos freeing the Titans and waging war against the Gods of Olympus seems like a pretty final turn of events if you ask me.

Silent-Hal

sounds like an expansion along the lines of ODST, will be in the works ;)

asdasdrgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 asdasdrgr
Member since 2010 • 489 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]so god of war is sony's halo? they finish the 3 than go wild with spinoffs?

Only time will tell.
Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
[QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]

sounds like an expansion along the lines of ODST, will be in the works ;)

Nah the trilogy will just end the whole battle for olympus story.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
oh god i hope not...4 games in the series is already enough
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Different character please.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Well then I hope Kratos doesn't die in GoWIII, because GoW without Kratos wouldn't seem right to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
I predict God of War: Modern Warfare, featuring Kratos who's now leader of an elite unit of the U.S. Navy Seals trying to save his daughter that's held captive by a Southamerican terrorist. It's a FPS to be released in 2012.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

GoW is going to have a tough time impressing me after playing bayonetta. im sure GoW will look nicer, im just not sure it will live up to bayonetta's gameplay

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]I predict God of War: Modern Warfare, featuring Kratos who's now leader of an elite unit of the U.S. Navy Seals trying to save his daughter that's held captive by a Southamerican terrorist. It's a FPS to be released in 2012.

:lol: Now that I would love to see lol.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]so god of war is sony's halo? they finish the 3 than go wild with spinoffs?

The GOW series isn't nearly as successful as the halo series, so i rekon no. They might build a new trilogy or make new quality games.. i dunno.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 II_Seraphim_II

GoW is going to have a tough time impressing me after playing bayonetta. im sure GoW will look nicer, im just not sure it will live up to bayonetta's gameplay

dog_dirt
Kratos will brutally eviscerate Bayonetta. It will be more critically acclaimed, better loved by gamers, and it will just freaking rock! :D
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="dog_dirt"]

II_Seraphim_II
Kratos will brutally eviscerate Bayonetta. It will be more critically acclaimed, better loved by gamers, and it will just freaking rock! :D

GOW is more than just combat. I agree with you. But as far as "action" goes, bayonetta WILL NOT be beaten, I assure you.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shadow_hosi
Sometimes I feel like the only person that owns a ps3 that doesn't love the GoW series.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="dog_dirt"]

nintendo-4life

GOW is more than just combat. I agree with you. But as far as "action" goes, bayonetta WILL NOT be beaten, I assure you.

That is very possible. What I got from Bayonetta was that it went all out with the combat. It's like the designed the combat, and then built the world around it, thus it was very exciting. GoW3, being a sequel, does not have that luxury. It has to conform to the standards ad formulas introduced by the previous entries. And besides, the game already has an established world and backstory based on other works, so they're freedom to go "all out" is a bit more limited. You can't have Kratos putting on pumps and running with dual pistols :P
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 II_Seraphim_II
Sometimes I feel like the only person that owns a ps3 that doesn't love the GoW series.shadow_hosi
feel free to feel ashamed...philistine! :x
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="dog_dirt"]

nintendo-4life

yes it wont be beat but thats all that bayonetta had....i thought the story was Meh and it just had this overall DMC feel.....GOW will have amazing Combat Great Story and a better feel
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shadow_hosi
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]Sometimes I feel like the only person that owns a ps3 that doesn't love the GoW series.II_Seraphim_II

i have no problem with not liking it, im glad i don't i thought the first one was just the same ol' action/adventure game with button mash cobat
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#20 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Coming in 2011: Kratos: Origins, a new squad-based cooperative multiplayer action game exclusively for the Playstation 3!
D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts

Silent-Hal
Do psp Spin-offs.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Kratos will brutally eviscerate Bayonetta. It will be more critically acclaimed, better loved by gamers, and it will just freaking rock! :D

yes it wont be beat but thats all that bayonetta had....i thought the story was Meh and it just had this overall DMC feel.....GOW will have amazing Combat Great Story and a better feel

the reason i play this type of game is for the action. the story is pretty irrelivent tbh. il always just skip the story the second time round
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Different setting and characters please, use the old Egyptian Gods gogogo.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Kratos will brutally eviscerate Bayonetta. It will be more critically acclaimed, better loved by gamers, and it will just freaking rock! :D

that's why i said it's a better overall game, you have the puzzles, the story, the cinimatics, etc. But bayonetta's combat just CANNOT be beaten.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"] GOW is more than just combat. I agree with you. But as far as "action" goes, bayonetta WILL NOT be beaten, I assure you.

that's why i said it's a better overall game, you have the puzzles, the story, the cinimatics, etc. But bayonetta's combat just CANNOT be beaten.

i tried the game on my ps3 and i just love how simple button mashing did amazing combos....i wish i could have put the time in to figure out the full combo system
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]Sometimes I feel like the only person that owns a ps3 that doesn't love the GoW series.shadow_hosi

i have no problem with not liking it, im glad i don't i thought the first one was just the same ol' action/adventure game with button mash cobat

:o :o :o :o ...*words elude me*
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

sounds pretty lame to me. I mean, if they keep producing quality games, but the chances of that happening = very slim. More than likely GoW3 will be the last best GoW title awailable, but hey we can always hope for bigger and better GoW projects!

As we already know, spin-offs don't often turn out too amazing.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Not sure what else they could possibly tell. Considering this is a mythology game, I see Kratos dying in the third one, for real this time.

roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

im guessing it'd be Greek Mythology but not God of War. hmmmmmm...who were the bosses again for GoW 3? i jsut finished GoW2 and there were gods on the balcony of Olympus overlooking Gaia. one is definitely Hades, then Helios, Poseidon, Apollo, and Hermes, and then Zeus.

could they be doing a Hercules game next? or a Jason & the Argonauts? oooohhhh....damn...i'd love that. imagine a Hercules game with him doing the 12 deeds of labour, or Jason & the Argonauts setting out for the Golden Fleece.

asdasdrgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 asdasdrgr
Member since 2010 • 489 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"] GOW is more than just combat. I agree with you. But as far as "action" goes, bayonetta WILL NOT be beaten, I assure you.

Bayonetta didn't have block and the enemy AI was pretty weak. Great game,but if GOW3 can at least do those 2,right then it will have competition.
brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

Sometimes I feel like the only person that owns a ps3 that doesn't love the GoW series.shadow_hosi
I dont love the series, but there is something about the 3rd instalment that is drawing me in...something i am having a hard time resisting.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I knew gears of war 3 wouldnt be the last gears game.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brennan7777

slipknot0129

Cuz Sony Santa Monica would never stop making such an affluent series.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 stereointegrity

slipknot0129
oh god for the last time GOW stands for GOD OF WAR.....
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stereointegrity

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

brennan7777

no its just slipknot goes into every god of war thread and says gow stands for gears of war
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

I for one am pumped for God of War: The Edge of Reason, God of War: The Legend of Curly's Gold and 2 God 2 War.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 brennan7777

[QUOTE="brennan7777"]

[QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

stereointegrity

no its just slipknot goes into every god of war thread and says gow stands for gears of war

i know, but hey personally i dont find that as annoying as the guy running in saying "God of War 2.5"

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stereointegrity

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="brennan7777"] Cuz Sony Santa Monica would never stop making such an affluent series.

brennan7777

i know, but hey personally i dont find that as annoying as the guy running in saying "God of War 2.5"

haha ive seen that in a bunch of threads
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

so god of war is sony's halo? they finish the 3 than go wild with spinoffs?shadow_hosi

Incoming God of War War and God of War: Reach.

Seriously though. I think it's high time Kratos step down from the spotlight, even if the series do continue on.

Spanks113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Spanks113
Member since 2006 • 303 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]so god of war is sony's halo? they finish the 3 than go wild with spinoffs?asdasdrgr
Only time will tell.

I can see it all now Kratos Wars. Where you control the spartan units
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Let the milkage began, I'll bet it tastes good seeing how popular God of War is on System Wars while hardly being bashed here...for some reason.

Vyylent5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vyylent5
Member since 2009 • 310 Posts

Good to hear.

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

The ignorance in this thread is incredible. You guys don't know Sony Santa Monica well at all and you clearly haven't actually read what was said about a new God of War game.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The ignorance in this thread is incredible. You guys don't know Sony Santa Monica well at all and you clearly haven't actually read what was said about a new God of War game.

mD-

From the article:

"This is definitely the end of the trilogy, but we're [going to] continue to do God of War games.

"We're [going to] be very careful about what we do. We're the keepers of the franchise and we don't want to see it ruined or polluted."

In SW logic, keep making good games is considered milkage, I don't know why either.

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

Espada12

Wish they would do one about the Norse gods. That would be interesting.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

so god of war is sony's halo? they finish the 3 than go wild with spinoffs?shadow_hosi

'Wild with spin-offs' as in, Halo Wars? The ONLY spin-off? :|

Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

OneLazyAsian

Wish they would do one about the Norse gods. That would be interesting.

I prefer the Egyptian gods over the Norse ones but I feel the Norse would be more fitting for the GoW series

Or maybe I don't want to see Egyptian mythology pooped all over like the Greek one :P

Meh I'll survive it's just a game

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
Im not into the series either. I played the first one, I thought the game was average. I didnt get what all the hype was about other than the violence.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

Let the milkage began, I'll bet it tastes good seeing how popular God of War is on System Wars while hardly being bashed here...for some reason.

mitu123
its a good thing i can't drink milk
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
Egypt Egypt Egypt Egypt Egypt. I would love some sort of Ancient Egyptian God of War parallel story Santa Monica style!!