Good-Bye Nintendo (Part II) - Lying About Innovation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
As an old school gamer, and a fan of Nintendo, I was excited to tune into E3 this year. After all, I've heard from Nintendo fans that "every other year" Nintendo drops something big, and after last year's gad awful E3 showing (Good-Bye Nintendo) they've been long due for something.

Tuning in, right away, I was blown away by... the female Reggie, pretending to snowboard. Okay... well, women over 40 can do anything, you go girl! The Oprah moment wasn't too long though, but this female-Reggie did seem a little out of place at a gaming show.

After all, it's not like soccer Moms are watching the conference, it seems to me it would make a lot more sense to break out Mario, Miyamoto, and the one game we've all been waiting for: Zelda on the Wii.

Instead, Nintendo brought out the real Reggie, and like Dr. Frankenstein's Monster, this beast of a man wanted to grunt. And grunt he did - Reggie spent more time covering sales data than was spent on any other game. Even Nintendo fans in the live chat I was participating in during the conference were starting to wonder if Reggie was actually trying to play sales.

Then the fated announcement drops: "we only have time to show you three games" - wait... hang on... excuse me? You spent ten minutes explaining sales data that no one cares about, and then suggest you "don't have enough time" to tell us about games in detail?

Let me say that again.

Nintendo would rather spend time bragging to reporters about sales than showing all the facts about their customers upcoming games. Yeah...

Then came the games - Animal Crossing, Rayman, Call of Duty, Star Wars, Wii Sports 2 and Wii Music... okay.

Here's where I'll stop. See, I've been asked to do a part II to this thread. And I took that request finally, when Nintendo fans started coming to me and saying "please, you need to bring it back - do a redux, call out our complaints".

But I've done that before, it was called Good-Bye Nintendo, and its' where I personally gave up on them. Like everyone else who has enjoyed them over the years, I sat there and listened hoping to hear the game REAL Nintendo fans, REAL hardcore gamers, wanted:

Zelda Wii

Yeah, Animal Crossing was nice, we wanted it, but my real complaint was this:

Nintendo needs to keep their mouth shut about "innovation". You heard me, I'm not going to debate with you about whether they're "hardcore" or not. Frankly, I've given up any hope that people who think Mario and Star Wars represent the "hardcore niche" are going to understand why World at War on the Wii is not Call of Duty 4 on the PC. If you're the hardest of the hardcore Wii Fit players - by all means.

But Nintendo, please, shut up about innovation, and stop insulting other developers.

Let's look at the beginning of the conference. Nintendo talked about innovation, about changing, about improving, about "moving forward". Innovation, creativity, progress - those are words we all like to hear.

"Hell yeah!" we say - Nintendo is doing something new!

So what do we see?

• A rayman sequel as a party game.
  • A call of duty sequel
  • A Wii Sports sequel
  • A guitar hero port
  • A guitar hero sequel
  • An Animal Crossing sequel
  • Yet another GTA portable title

Now wait just a minute - we've listened to three years of Nintendo telling us the "industry wasn't innovative", giving traditional developers grief, telling us we're wrong when we ask for better graphics, sound, and control (yes... motion control doesn't necessarily mean *better control*).

And now, we get a show, Nintendo has the chance to show us *anything* and the only genuinely new thing they showed was Wii Music? And even that wasn't new, as it was shown two years ago as a concept for the Wiimote?

-

Nintendo is forever, from this day on, barred from saying *anything* about innovation. You heard me Nintendo - shut the hell up. Yeah, that's right: SHUT. UP. FOREVER.

Denis Dyack shows Too Human, controversial, certainly, but it's a completely creative story involving Norse gods in a high-tech world. Little Big Planet? Sony showed us something *amazing* - in terms of art, in terms of gaming. PixelJunk Eden, beautiful, gorgeous, different.

Even Banjo & Kazooie 3 - quite a deviation from the other titles - and yet, Nintendo, wants to claim they're better. That somehow *their* version of yet-another-Star Wars game is "different".

They're not different - their system is bringing us more of the same. Animal Crossing was unique when it was called Animal Forest on the N64. It was still cool when it was Animal Crossing on the GCN. Online? That was fun when Animal Crossing was on the DS. So what are you doing now? Adding a *microphone* - something that the Xbox had? That's innovation?

So - to summarize this rant, it's not eloquent, it doesn't have to be - you cannot call yourself a gamer and buy Nintendo's bull**** this year. No, not in a world with *genuine* innovation - Nintendo needs to shut up and stop insulting other developers.
Burning_Sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Burning_Sun
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
the sheep are going to starve to death, if the don't have a ps3 or 360.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 subrosian

the sheep are going to starve to death, if the don't have a ps3 or 360.Burning_Sun

I'm going to starve to death if Nintendo keeps holding the franchises I enjoy hostage. The rumors were that Zelda Wii or a new Kirby Crystal Shards were supposed to be coming. Instead we get ... this? And Nintendo says they're "caring" for their hardcore gamers? What Nintendo does to their "veterans" (their word... I love how they make us sound like victims of war) would quality in the real world as nursing home neglect.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
E3 sucked, but Zelda Wii has since been confirmed and Pikmin, Kid Icarus, and Mario are heavily hinted at. Kid IcarusMario/ZeldaZelda confirmedOld Pikmin link
Saxsoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Saxsoon
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
The only reason I am not more dissappointed by this lame excuse of a conference (I even enjoyed last year's because at least Mario Kart was shown) is because of the 3rd party games not shown. Fatal Frame, TOS2, Madworld, Conduit, as well as several others. That and the fact that Wii Motion PLus is guarenteed to be in the new Zelda.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Last year even after the god awful press conference, I hung onto hope seeng as the big three were just around the corner.

This time around there is no excuse.

I'll probably just stick around for animal crossing and then sell my wii.

DS can stay though...It's still good.

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts
Too bad foryou, and who are you anyways ? I cant wait till wii music, wiisports resorts come out.
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
The only intresting things hardcore NIntendo fans have are that rumured zelda game and Animal Crossing.
ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts

E3 sucked, but Zelda Wii has since been confirmed and Pikmin, Kid Icarus, and Mario are heavily hinted at. Kid IcarusMario/ZeldaZelda confirmedOld Pikmin linkfamicommander

Considering the Reggie interview on G4 about kid icarus, I HIGHLY doubt they have a kid icarus in production.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts
Next years e3 I am already predicting a Wii Play 2 along with a...... hmmmm..... another bridge title that isn't Zelda or Mario related.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
I think you're going a bit over the top and taking it too seriously. Good post, though.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Well that's the problem with the "new" E3, it's more about impressing the industry (particularly the retail side) than impressing the fans. So rather than seeing MS, Nintendo and Sony try to one-up eachother by making the biggest splash, we get a bunch of presentations trying to convince the guys at EB/Gamestop, Best Buy and Wal-Mart to buy a couple hundred thousand more units of X, Y and Z. Why bother hyping the new Zelda when you can hype a game like Wii Sports Resort that will not only sell millions of copies on its own, but millions of Wii Motion Plus adaptors?

Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts

The only reason I am not more dissappointed by this lame excuse of a conference (I even enjoyed last year's because at least Mario Kart was shown) is because of the 3rd party games not shown. Fatal Frame, TOS2, Madworld, Conduit, as well as several others. That and the fact that Wii Motion PLus is guarenteed to be in the new Zelda.Saxsoon

Agreed, but it's kinda funny how everyone is jumping the boat all because the conferance was a lack luster suckfest but forgeting that Nintendo is actually making more games then what they show at e3.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
It just a conference.:| There still a few more days to go at E3 and there been news of a Zelda game in the works, and a possibly of a 1080 snowboarding, Wave Race, and Kid Icarus game.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
These are the times I wish Nintendo didn't create Zelda.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts

[QUOTE="famicommander"]E3 sucked, but Zelda Wii has since been confirmed and Pikmin, Kid Icarus, and Mario are heavily hinted at. Kid IcarusMario/ZeldaZelda confirmedOld Pikmin linkice144

Considering the Reggie interview on G4 about kid icarus, I HIGHLY doubt they have a kid icarus in production.

I saw that too. It doesn't mean it's not in production. I think Reggie was just being coy.
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts
100% Lafigueroa approval
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts
True, as a Nintendo fan, I am rather dissapointed in Nintendo today. While I am excited for the new Zelda Wii Miyamoto mentioned and the new Animal Crossing, it hurts to be a hardcore gamer and see Nintendo do this to us. Just glad I have a 360 with FFXIII coming to tide me over until Nintendo announces some real new games. However, Nintendo often doesn't show their best at E3 for some reason so I still have a little bit of hope left. After all, it's not like Nintendo is obligated to show every single game they're developing in one conference.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 subrosian

Last year even after the god awful press conference, I hung onto hope seeng as the big three were just around the corner.

Shinobishyguy

DS is good because it gets a lot of hardcore support from third party devs. In the console world, those devs go to PC, 360, and PS3 where they can become the focus of the system. Even what few "core" games come from third parties to the Wii don't get focused on by Nintendo. Nintendo isn't showcasing the Conduit (which would boost sales) the way Sony is showcasing Resistance 2, and Microsoft is showcasing Gears of War 2.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Nintendo is forever, from this day on, barred from saying *anything* about innovation. You heard me Nintendo - shut the hell up. Yeah, that's right: SHUT. UP. FOREVER.

...Why?

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
Post of the year.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

subrosian

DS is good because it gets a lot of hardcore support from third party devs. In the console world, those devs go to PC, 360, and PS3 where they can become the focus of the system. Even what few "core" games come from third parties to the Wii don't get focused on by Nintendo. Nintendo isn't showcasing the Conduit (which would boost sales) the way Sony is showcasing Resistance 2, and Microsoft is showcasing Gears of War 2.

But he thing is...can you really say good bye to nintendo when you're not saying good bye to the ds?
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lafigueroa

[QUOTE="subrosian"]
Nintendo is forever, from this day on, barred from saying *anything* about innovation. You heard me Nintendo - shut the hell up. Yeah, that's right: SHUT. UP. FOREVER.WAIW

...Why?

for promising the new and then giving us a sludgefest of sequels and ports.

Paul_Phoenicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Paul_Phoenicks
Member since 2002 • 1015 Posts

Well that's the problem with the "new" E3, it's more about impressing the industry (particularly the retail side) than impressing the fans. So rather than seeing MS, Nintendo and Sony try to one-up eachother by making the biggest splash, we get a bunch of presentations trying to convince the guys at EB/Gamestop, Best Buy and Wal-Mart to buy a couple hundred thousand more units of X, Y and Z. Why bother hyping the new Zelda when you can hype a game like Wii Sports Resort that will not only sell millions of copies on its own, but millions of Wii Motion Plus adaptors?

PBSnipes
It's not called the E3 Media and Business Summit for nothing. If they want to impress the fans, they'll go to E for All.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
[QUOTE="WAIW"][QUOTE="Subrosian"]
Nintendo is forever, from this day on, barred from saying *anything* about innovation. You heard me Nintendo - shut the hell up. Yeah, that's right: SHUT. UP. FOREVER.lafigueroa

...Why?

for promising the new and then giving us a sludgefest of sequels and ports.

Don't forget the cash-ins like the winning-simulator known as Wii Music!
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Too bad foryou, and who are you anyways ? I cant wait till wii music, wiisports resorts come out.blitzkid1

Maybe one day you can upgrade into being a gamer.

Nickman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nickman71
Member since 2003 • 1002 Posts

My God, get over yourself.

These press conferences are not intended to please YOU. They are intended to show the press and shareholders how these companies plan to make money. The real money comes from casual games. You saw it with Microsoft (Lips, 1 vs. 100), and Nintendo. And yes, Nintendo is going to make a boat load of money of the games they showed.

Anyways, we already know Pikmin 3, Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Disaster are all in development. Nintendo chose not to show them.

The gaming universe does not revolve around you.

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts

Damn, MadWorld looks awesome. The problem with Nintendo is that they are burying the games that look interesting to play.

Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts
Nice post. I haven't lose hope in Nintendo quite yet, but it's getting pretty dangerously close now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I'm just convinced that they are still working on a lot of games they aren't telling us.They basically have the biggest backlog of franchise in the industry; they have a massive line-up of talented first/second party developers.How can they not be working on something for the "hardcore?" They absolutely bombed their presentation,but I still have a glimmer of hope for them.Also,the new MadWorld trailer really cheered me up after their presentation.:D But again,Nintendo should never,ever make another presentation again...ever.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 subrosian
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Shinobishyguy

But he thing is...can you really say good bye to nintendo when you're not saying good bye to the ds?

To be quite honest, the only game I'm buying on my DS in the next year is Bioware's Sonic RPG, and that's a *huge maybe*. That's only because I'm a fan of Bioware's works. I thought about getting a DS Lite, and lately even *that* system hasn't had enough hardcore games to keep me playing it. It hasn't offered something that PSN, LIVE, and STEAM digital content, or full games haven't been able to meet.

So yeah, I've said good-bye to Nintendo, as I said before, they said "good-bye' to us a long time ago. They don't genuinely focus enough on what they call "veteran gamers" to keep third parties alive on the Wii. Nintendo fans like to point at the Conduit - what did Nintendo do at E3 to help ensure that retailers buy tons of copies, and promote it heavily? What are they doing for mature-rated content on the system (no, that doesn't mean they're more mature games, but you miss out on stuff like Eternal Darkness 2 and the like if Nintendo is hesistant to promote offensive content).

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lafigueroa

These press conferences are not intended to please YOU. They are intended to show the press and shareholders how these companies plan to make money. The real money comes from casual games. You saw it with Microsoft (Lips, 1 vs. 100), and Nintendo. And yes, Nintendo is going to make a boat load of money of the games they showed.

Anyways, we already know Pikmin 3, Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Disaster are all in development. Nintendo chose not to show them.

Nickman71

5 yeara ago I might have agreed with you

but in this age of Live conference streaming over both the Internet and Television, every word is being judged LIVE by millions of gamers around the world. And the gamers watching these conferences aren't the majority of gamers, but the ones that generally buy the most games, so it's Nintendo's dudty to satisfy those customers if they expect those customers to remain loyal.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Subrosian,

Your right it was not a good E3 for Nintendo. Is it enoght to give up on the Wii. For me no. Maybe I am a Nintendo fanboy, I just can not see a point in time where I could go without Nintendo first party games. I enjoy them too much. There is information to look forward to that we got from E3.

First the Wii got 1 to 1 motion controller getting us even closer to VR gaming

Second we there be getting voice chat on the Wii

Third we found out the local 6 player could be done

Fourth Reggie stated after E3 that the Mario team and the Zelda team are working on games

Could E3 have been better and yes Nintendo have given us more information. You know the games are being made just have to wait to find out what they are.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Nickman71

Indeed, it revolves around your grandmother playing sports on a videogame console, and murdering the act of playing musical instruments by random hand motions. Sales is what we truely want in the gaming universe, games, not so much. :)

Also on a side note, the 1:1 motion example was trash, not one thing in that demonstration, looked like anything beyond what the wii-mote can already do, the sword thing was awfully repetetive actions, you would have seen variety if it was perfectly 1:1, so I don't see any of the hype for it until a game actually uses it properly.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

PBSnipes

This is what most fanboys don't understand. These confrences aren't for us... they never were, and are even less for us now then ever before.

If you didn't notice Microsoft is trying to market it's new services and justfiy them, they showed that they want a piece of the casual pie.

Sony didn't have much in their confrence either, it was mostly about services and not about making the hardcore gamers happy, though they did a little bit of that.

Nintendo really does understand what E3 is about though. That's why they are winning now. They use E3 to sell the main stream press on ideas, and games that Won't sell themselves.

If they released a new Zelda Game tomorrow it would sell, they don't need to hype what's already sold.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts
Overeacting much? How come I don't feel "being stabbed in the chest" by Nintendo?
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts

Subrosian,

Your right it was not a good E3 for Nintendo. Is it enoght to give up on the Wii. For me no. Maybe I am a Nintendo fanboy, I just can not see a point in time where I could go without Nintendo first party games. I enjoy them too much. There is information to look forward to that we got from E3.

Fourth Reggie stated after E3 that the Mario team and the Zelda team are working on games

Could E3 have been better and yes Nintendo have given us more information. You know the games are being made just have to wait to find out what they are.

HarlockJC

I wish they would have shown madworld, or at least shown a trailer or screenshot of the new zelda, but one thing confuses me with it's news.... Wii getting voice chat-- people in sw complained that wii had no voice chat of anykind.. and suddenly they get it and guess what sw people are complaining again. like (xbox live or psn or whatever already had voice chat..) N. fixed that prob and people still complained..:? what will make you people happy.. (Manticore not a sheep).

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="Nickman71"]

lafigueroa

but in this age of Live conference streaming over both the Internet and Television, every word is being judged LIVE by millions of gamers around the world. And the gamers watching these conferences aren't the majority of gamers, but the ones that generally buy the most games, so it's Nintendo's dudty to satisfy those customers if they expect those customers to remain loyal.

Your watching a confrence taht's not and never was intended for your eyes. I don't know why watching these things became a big deal, but your expecting a cat to lay an egg. The reaosn watching these events took off is because a few years ago, when it first happend they showed off some crazy good games... that' wasn't normal. This is the normal events...

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

Maybe the problem is that you listen to rumors and believed them.

As for E3, it was pretty bad all the way around. I'd wait till Spaceworld and see what else Nintendo has up its sleeves. Last year at E3, Nintendo didn't announce that much either, and later on, they announced SSBB after the conference was over. Mario Kart Wii was announced outside of E3 as well. So I think they will have something else to announce for the latter half of the year.

Also, E3 is no longer the gaming convention it used to be. Now it's just a media outlet for companies to talk about their sales and present some games, but it is no longer the gaming behemoth that it used to be.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 subrosian
[QUOTE="Nickman71"]

lafigueroa

If Nintendo were to come out and say "we don't care about hardcore gamers" and be honest, then fine, his point would be valid "get over yourself". Nintendo told us they would care about hardcore gamers, they talk about veteran gamers. In interviews they *claim* that hardcore gamers should be happy. "Look! Animal Crossing on the Wii and GTA on the DS!" Oh boy! Mainstream titles guaranteed to make sales, thanks for stepping out on that limb and putting money behind a project for us!

It's obvious what Nintendo did at this E3 - despite the fact that most of the observors are, themselves, core gamers (journalists, people watching streaming video, forumites, etc) and not the parents / grandparents / casuals that are buying the games shown, Nintendo chose to make the focus of the conferences on the games most of the people watching don't care about.

That speaks *volumes* about what they think of us - did MS and Sony focus on a broad audience too? Yes - but the first games, the big names, the big announcements - were the games for us. Nintendo spent the majority of their show discussing how well they were lining their pockets, and the parading the soccer-moms in front of us. Way to go - I'm glad they're making money, good for them, that makes them a good business - but y'know what's good for gamers? Games.

Yeah.

Games.

So - if Nintendo wants to claim to be innovative - they'd better show some innovative games. And here, they didn't. Hell, I would have given them credit for some *innovative casual titles*. They couldn't even do that! They made *sequels* to their *casual titles*. Wah? I mean - "innovatiion, finger waggle at traditional developers, creativity, progress" and "hey look a Star Wars game on the Wii! Hey look we made that music game we showed you two years ago!"

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lafigueroa

Overeacting much? How come I don't feel "being stabbed in the chest" by Nintendo?Willy105

My official diagnosis? you probably don't have enough gameplaying time in your day.

Solution: take a few hours off, play some Wii games.....you'll find there really aren't that many to play, and there's not too much to look forward to as far as first party hardcore titles go.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

Subrosian,

Oroin

I wish they would have shown madworld, or at least shown a trailer or screenshot of the new zelda, but one thing confuses me with it's news.... Wii getting voice chat-- people in sw complained that wii had no voice chat of anykind.. and suddenly they get it and guess what sw people are complaining again. like (xbox live or psn or whatever already had voice chat..) N. fixed that prob and people still complained..:? what will make you people happy.. (Manticore not a sheep).

Wii Chat is even better then a head set IMO... maybe not in pratice but I love the idea.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Nintendo completely sold out. they suck now.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GundamGuy0

[QUOTE="Willy105"]Overeacting much? How come I don't feel "being stabbed in the chest" by Nintendo?lafigueroa

My official diagnosis? you probably don't have enough gameplaying time in your day.

Solution: take a few hours off, play some Wii games.....you'll find there really aren't that many to play, and there's not too much to look forward to as far as first party hardcore titles go.

Sure there are, just because they weren't shown off at the press confrence doesn't mean they don't exist. They might be on teh floor, they might be shown later in teh week like SSBB was.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 subrosian

Overeacting much? How come I don't feel "being stabbed in the chest" by Nintendo?Willy105

Because, as you've told us, you don't care about hardcore gaming, graphics, sound, etc. You've called yourself a sheep, and if I remember correctly, are a young gamer. You're not a veteran gamer, you don't view games as art, and you weren't alive during the NES era.

I mean none of that as an insult, but you have no way of possibly understanding where I, and other core gamers, are feeling, or where we're coming from. Of course you don't feel stabbed - you're Nintendo's favorite new audience.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Oroin

I wish they would have also. It not like the games are not coming out. Just Nintendo has yet to make state what they are. Nintendo is Nintendo they like their secrets.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GundamGuy0

Nintendo completely sold out. they suck now.

JPOBS

Crying because they had a press confrence focused on the new and less established fanbase, and not on you a gamer who is established and is going to keep gaming no matter what?

What if they annouce a bunch of new Hardcore titles in the next few month, still a sell out? Because they focus on the people who they are less sure about?

RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

A goodbye at this point is pointless, they're already gone.

The Wii is selling like crazy and instead of putting the money into something of quality Nintendo is putting it into the mass market crap games. You can't blame them, they're a business. Microsoft and Sony would too if they could, thankfully they can't so they're forced to focus on us instead.

Still, the Wii is not for quality, it is for mass consumption (the ps2 was both, high sales used to eqaute to most AAA's and AA's, not any more.)

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Me too. Yeah the conference was disappointing, and maybe even embarrassing, but I still have faith in Nintendo especially with some the news recently like a Zelda game in the works. And beside they did show some cool stuff like Wii Speak and Wiimote plus(or whatever it call) and Animal Crossing look good. Also E3 is not over yet so there may be some more stuff from Nintendo. The Conference isn't the whole E3 you know.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
The only thing I dislike about Nintendo...is they are getting alot like they were with the 64, they are top of the world and they don't care for there lower markets when they get in those mode. Casuals are there market they really could care less about the hardcore gamers that buy there machine they will Toss the odd bone and leave it at that and release 10 more Wii___ games before looking at another "Hardcore Title"