Gonna buy a console in one hours time, HELP ME DECIDE!!! (please)

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sbomb3uk
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

First off, im not  a noob at games and im not stupid, ive read alot about the Wii Xbox 360 and the PS3, i also have my last paycheck coming through today which means i can finally afford a next gen console. I have decided against the Wii because ive played it considerably round a mates house and its novel and fun but doesnt really entice me that much.

However i am completely deadlocked between the PS3 and Xbox 360, ive been a lifelong sony fan, im used to their controllers, games, online play etc and in the ideal world i would have snapped up the PS3 without a doubt. However i know as many do that its not exactly got off to the best star (leaving sales figues out) and that as far as the present goes the 360 is the better machine, Moneys not really a problem as ive been saving to make this decision.

In short im thinking of turning over to Xbox purely on the present situation, however my mind still tells me to buy a Ps3 because the future could be alot brighter.

Without being flamed because this is a serious dilemma is there anyone who can varify whether the future for the ps3 is brighter than the present for the 360?

Cheers guys

zeus_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zeus_101
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts

First off, im not a noob at games and im not stupid, ive read alot about the Wii Xbox 360 and the PS3, i also have my last paycheck coming through today which means i can finally afford a next gen console. I have decided against the Wii because ive played it considerably round a mates house and its novel and fun but doesnt really entice me that much.

However i am completely deadlocked between the PS3 and Xbox 360, ive been a lifelong sony fan, im used to their controllers, games, online play etc and in the ideal world i would have snapped up the PS3 without a doubt. However i know as many do that its not exactly got off to the best star (leaving sales figues out) and that as far as the present goes the 360 is the better machine, Moneys not really a problem as ive been saving to make this decision.

In short im thinking of turning over to Xbox purely on the present situation, however my mind still tells me to buy a Ps3 because the future could be alot brighter.

Without being flamed because this is a serious dilemma is there anyone who can varify whether the future for the ps3 is brighter than the present for the 360?

Cheers guys

sbomb3uk

lame

decide for yourself, or dont bother getting any 

bminns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bminns
Member since 2004 • 4052 Posts
the 360 has better games out now, the ps3 has the better controller. i have a 360 and a wii, just haven't purchased a ps3 yet because i'm trying to get out of credit card debt first. and i'm fine with not having a ps3 yet, because i haven't seen many games to make me want to go buy one right now. plus i'm still enjoying playing my ps2 right now, so imo you should get 360 now, ps3 later.
ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ilovesnowboard
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts

I think the 360 has a lot better exclusive games. It's already know that it has MORE than the ps3, but i also think they are better.

And do you want blue-ray ? If you want, i guess the ps3 is a good deal, because you get a quite cheap blue-ray player.

If you don't want that, but want the console with the best games, go with the 360;) Games like Gow, and 2 and 3 coming, Forza 2, pgr 4, Mass Effect, halo 3...you can't go wrong with games like that;) 

billyea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 billyea
Member since 2005 • 6153 Posts
Despite being hard set on either PS3 or 360, I will still have to recommend the Wii. If you want the enticement part, use the leftover money to create an impressive game library (and Virtual Console library) for it and play to your heart's desire.
kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

First off, im not  a noob at games and im not stupid, ive read alot about the Wii Xbox 360 and the PS3, i also have my last paycheck coming through today which means i can finally afford a next gen console. I have decided against the Wii because ive played it considerably round a mates house and its novel and fun but doesnt really entice me that much.

Cheers guys

sbomb3uk

i would go for the 360, but get the elite

sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sbomb3uk

Thanks guys yeh im beginning to think that a conversion to the 360 is perhaps the more sound idea, ive played a few of the games and they are very impressive, few bad points obviously alot of accessories need to be bought, in terms of xbox live i think thats a must as im a pro evo fan, plus i mean it took me 6 months to save up (not specifically but under a payment plan so i could spend my work money on other things) aso maybe in another 6 months ill save up and se what the Ps3 is packing. Blu ray and HDTV not a big thing for me at the moment, i have a Hdtv but like with Vhs to Dvd ill just wait till the price goes down and get Hdtv in a christmas sale or something.

This really will sound a bit retarded but the only thing i hate given my veteran sony hands is the controller, but im sure ill get used to it quick enough 

sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sbomb3uk
I live in the UK and despite knowing a fair bit about the Ps3 and 360 know nothing about the elite, i dont think its even out here yet
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
If you've been a Sony fan, then PS3 is going to be great for you. There's a lot of anti-sony hype going around because of it's price and currnet lack of games. If you can afford a next-gen console, PS3 is the best hardware and by the end of the year will have loads of amazing games. If you've liked Sony this whole time, nothing has changed about PS3 that wouldn't make you enjoy it as much or much more than PS1/2.
_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _koolgirl_
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

I think the future for both looks bright.

As a 360 fan, there are PS3 games coming out I would like to have.

However simply based on titles available/coming out and price I still pick 360.  PS3 has some really good looking games coming out (Lair among others), but a huge portion of games coming out for the system are already available for 360 (Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon2, Saints Row etc) 

I think the price of PS3 really hurts it.  Even loyal Sony fans have trouble swallowing that price.  This leads to a smaller installed base which makes companys like Capcom move titles like Devil May Cry over to 360.

If your favorite games from last gen were made by Sony (Socom, Killzone, Getaway, Ape Escape, God of War), you may want to stick by them as that is the only way you will be able to play those games.  If however the majority of the games you enjoyed were 3rd party, I recommend 360.

Maybe that helps?? :)

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

I live in the UK and despite knowing a fair bit about the Ps3 and 360 know nothing about the elite, i dont think its even out here yet sbomb3uk

The Elite isn't worth it if you casually play games. Instead, get both the Wii and the 360 core. They are both less than the PS3 (here in the US, at least) and that includes games and extras. 

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
with a PlayStation, you can never go wrong.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

[QUOTE="sbomb3uk"]I live in the UK and despite knowing a fair bit about the Ps3 and 360 know nothing about the elite, i dont think its even out here yet Boba_Fett_3710

The Elite isn't worth it if you casually play games. Instead, get both the Wii and the 360 core. They are both less than the PS3 (here in the US, at least) and that includes games and extras.

A core? Man, I think you can give a better advice than that, you are telling him to get ripped for just $100 less.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

[QUOTE="sbomb3uk"]I live in the UK and despite knowing a fair bit about the Ps3 and 360 know nothing about the elite, i dont think its even out here yet tegovoltio

A core? Man, I think you can give a better advice than that, you are telling him to get ripped for just $100 less.

Whatever works. I don't see the difference between the core and the other bundle (not the elite) aside from a bigger HDD (which I won't use) and a wireless controller. 

Again, I was giving MY advice how I see it. 

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Here's 3 major advantages of the Ps3: 1)Fantastic software(This year alone,we have MGS,Final Fantasy,Ratchett&Clank,Heavenly Sword,Ninja Gaiden,and many more). 2)Blu-ray technology(Blu-ray has been outselling HD-DVD for months now,and with Pirates 3,Shrek 3,and Spiderman 3 coming out exclusively on Blu-ray,HD-DVD can safely be declared out of the war) 3)Online(Why pay $250 for online when you can have it for free on a Sony console?) Smaller advantages include the ability to surf the web,inbuilt wi-fi,much more reliable hardware than the competition,multimedia card reader,SixAxis controller,etc.
SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
I own all three next gen consoles but I hardly play them:( I'm actually spending more time with my PS2. There's so many great games. I just recently purchased God Hand,Ratchet and Clank 1 and they're awesome games.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tegovoltio
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

[QUOTE="sbomb3uk"]I live in the UK and despite knowing a fair bit about the Ps3 and 360 know nothing about the elite, i dont think its even out here yet Boba_Fett_3710

Whatever works. I don't see the difference between the core and the other bundle (not the elite) aside from a bigger HDD (which I won't use) and a wireless controller.

Again, I was giving MY advice how I see it.

The thing is the core has no HDD at all, he's would be getting into no BC, custom tracks, having to use memory cards, no wireless controller, minus other cables and such for just $100 less.. 

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
with a PlayStation, you can never go wrong. xxThyLordxx
Absolutely right,ever since the Ps1,Sony have delivered on each occasion. The ps3 is no different,in 2 years time,people will finally understand why Sony are the market leaders.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts
dude get a ps3. its the best out of the three. in the games(soon), online(free, home) and multimedia feautres(blu ray, internet browser, etc). its the only true next gen system and it will cost you less in the long run compared to 360.
sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sbomb3uk

Guys ill have to admit some good points are being made in the Ps3's favour, i was just toting up how long it would take me to buy a ps3 now if i bough the 360 and a **** load of games and it would take about 9 months ( i want a holiday)

In terms of games, i love MGS obviously, Pro evo comes out in october and i still will always standbye evo being a sony game and the best for that matter.

I wouldnt get a core Xbox because if im gonna get one get the good one with accessories intact

Ps3 online play....would only use it for pro evo 6 and eve then ive got my ps2 for that, havent really clued into the online thing so far so it wouldnt be a point of purchase

Whats that about Blu Ray? Spiderman 3 is only coming to it!!!!

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Boba_Fett_3710

The thing is the core has no HDD at all, he's would be getting into no BC, custom tracks, having to use memory cards, no wireless controller, minus other cables and such for just $100 less..

That doesn't sound so bad. I would be able to deal with that. I actually might get a Core now. I'll wait to see if SKATE ever comes to PC first.

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
Buy the xbox360 and a wii, why to pay for a blue-ray player without games.
sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sbomb3uk

On the other hand when i buy one today the games ill play when i get home are

Ps3

Resistance

Spiderman 3 (soon)

Xbox360

Gears of war

Rainbox six

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Boba_Fett_3710

Buy the xbox360 and a wii, why to pay for a blue-ray player without games.venture00

Awesome sig Venture00. How's the sponsor hunt? 

_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _koolgirl_
Spiderman 3 is made by Sony Pictures so umm yeah, it's only coming to Blu Ray.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

On the other hand when i buy one today the games ill play when i get home are

Ps3

Resistance

Spiderman 3 (soon)

Xbox360

God of war

Rainbox six

sbomb3uk

damn dude god of war isnt on 360. man stick with ps3 something is telling me you will regret buying a 360..

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boba_Fett_3710

Spiderman 3 is made by Sony Pictures so umm yeah, it's only coming to Blu Ray._koolgirl_

That would be such a foolish move. 

sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sbomb3uk
Btw just to note i leave to buy in 10 mins (isnt this fun) :D
sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sbomb3uk
Sorry meant  GEARS OF WAR
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 venture00

[QUOTE="venture00"]Buy the xbox360 and a wii, why to pay for a blue-ray player without games.Boba_Fett_3710

Im just getting more footage,when im ready i will send it to some company, i'll try to get at least some flow sponsor, but btm im just skating for fun. =)
_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _koolgirl_
I love all the "Sony has never let you down before" talk.  Tell that to the people who bought N64 and Gamecube.  Just cuz Sony WAS on top, they don't look to be remaining there.
sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sbomb3uk
OOOh guys its neck and neck, btw ill post a pic of my new system later :D just to prove this wasnt to create controversy, im literally catching a bus in 7 minutes (quatre past 9am in the uk) any closing statements?
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 venture00
I love all the "Sony has never let you down before" talk. Tell that to the people who bought N64 and Gamecube. Just cuz Sony WAS on top, they don't look to be remaining there._koolgirl_

yeah i have had 2 ps2 and both went broken..
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"]

[QUOTE="venture00"]Buy the xbox360 and a wii, why to pay for a blue-ray player without games.venture00

Im just getting more footage,when im ready i will send it to some company, i'll try to get at least some flow sponsor, but btm im just skating for fun. =)

Sweet, keep shreddin' bro. 

_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 _koolgirl_

[QUOTE="_koolgirl_"]Spiderman 3 is made by Sony Pictures so umm yeah, it's only coming to Blu Ray.Boba_Fett_3710

That would be such a foolish move. 

I was only replying to his question.

Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts

THREE SIXTY

Three hundred Sixty

Three Six Zero 

San Roku Zero

Xbox 3

Thirty Six Zero

Tres Sies Cero

CCCLX 

皇紀1020年

TREE SIXTEEEEEEE 

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tegovoltio

[QUOTE="_koolgirl_"]I love all the "Sony has never let you down before" talk. Tell that to the people who bought N64 and Gamecube. Just cuz Sony WAS on top, they don't look to be remaining there.venture00

Umm aren't the 360s breaking too? PS2 broke on me too but rebuying was totally worth it, that's what ppl who like the 360 think when they buy another after the previous breaks, no?.  

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Boba_Fett_3710

[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="_koolgirl_"]I love all the "Sony has never let you down before" talk. Tell that to the people who bought N64 and Gamecube. Just cuz Sony WAS on top, they don't look to be remaining there.tegovoltio

Umm aren't the 360s breaking too? PS2 broke on me too but rebuying was totally worth it, that's what ppl who like the 360 think when they buy another after the previous breaks, no?.

All I know is that I never had a Nintendo console break on me. 

gungrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gungrave
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
this is plain and simple bro. if you're a hardcore gamer go for the Xbox360, otherwise, Sony is broadening its target audience that is why the PS3 more looks like a household machine than a game console. plus xbox has the best online features. period.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 venture00

[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="_koolgirl_"]I love all the "Sony has never let you down before" talk. Tell that to the people who bought N64 and Gamecube. Just cuz Sony WAS on top, they don't look to be remaining there.tegovoltio

I have my xbox360 since launch not problems btm.., and i know some xbox360s are really faulty, but thats 5% of the consoles..
sbomb3uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sbomb3uk
Ok guys decision made.........PS3
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 venture00
[QUOTE="tegovoltio"]

[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="_koolgirl_"]I love all the "Sony has never let you down before" talk. Tell that to the people who bought N64 and Gamecube. Just cuz Sony WAS on top, they don't look to be remaining there.Boba_Fett_3710

Same here..

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 venture00
Ok guys decision made.........PS3sbomb3uk

Ok good luck, and i hope u enjoy ur decision..
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Boba_Fett_3710

Ok guys decision made.........PS3sbomb3uk

Hope you enjoy it dude, I would have went with the Wii60 but it's all you. 

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

Well since you're going to be purchasing a console now (strange time if you ask me) then i'd go with the 360.  As it currently stands, the 360 has a greater quantity of games out as oppose to the PS3.  Only if you're willing to wait for a month or two would I recommend you purchase a PS3.  Late Q2 and on is when a lot of promising quality games for the system will start to pour in.

tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tegovoltio

Boba_Fett_3710

That's good, same here but the way I see it that's how it should be, console not breaking.

I have my xbox360 since launch not problems btm.., and i know some xbox360s are really faulty, but thats 5% of the consoles..
venture00

I think saying it's just 5% is like underrating the issue.

_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _koolgirl_
I was never referring to console breaks, only game selection.  What good was it to own an N64 or Gamecube when all the games were on other systems??  (This is just an for example, Nintendo has strong enough first party to justify the purchase just for their games)  I am speaking in general.  NES and SNES ruled the console world untill PS1 hit.  People bought the next Nintendo system because they expected all the franchises to remain, needless to say they didn't.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
I would have strongly suggested a 360, but whatever you makes you happy...
blackleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 blackleech
Member since 2004 • 15348 Posts
I'd say it's a bad idea to try make a decision based on this alone... you should've done research before that...
greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

Cheers guys

sbomb3uk

If you want 2 possible AAA games in 2007 and early 2008, get a PS3 (lair, Heavenly Sword)

If you want 18+ possible AAA games in 2007 and early 2008, get a 360 (Fable 2, Mass Effect, Too Human, Two Worlds, Shivering Isles, Evleon, Overlord, Eternal Sonata, Blue dragon, Bioshock, Alan Wake, Theseis, Precursors, Warhound, Lost Odyssey, Halo 3, Sacred 2, Cry On, Infinite Undiscovery, Circle of Doom etc)