God of War3 is the new Graphics King, GEARS What? CRYSIS who?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
Even though this thread is dumb and pointless, I still gotta say that in no way, shape, or form is GOWIII better looking than Crysis . . . I'm strickly a console gamer, but I will even admit that if you play Crysis on a powerful PC no console game can really come close. If anything, Killzone 2, Fallout 3 (360 version), Uncharted 2, or GOW2 are the only games that can come close.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#52 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Jrfanfreak88"][QUOTE="Giancar"]

Sorry, but Crysis is in a league of its own

So are the computers that can run it on max settings, or heck even medium.

$100 GPUs can run it on high

Really, I want to know which ones.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

[QUOTE="themyth01"]Good one, that was a funny one... oh wait, you were actually serious?LunchBox-

you wont be laughing when GOW3 comes out and realize that you dont have a ps3.

i have a PS3, and no, while i'm looking forward to GOW3, it is not on the same graphical level of crysis.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Graphics: GOW3 is not better than Crysis Game: GOW3 will be a better game than Crysis

There.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="Jrfanfreak88"]

So are the computers that can run it on max settings, or heck even medium.

mitu123

9800gt will run it on high smoothly, not on maximum settings, but on high it will

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

AdrianWerner

9800gt will run it on high smoothly, not on maximum settings, but on high it will

I can appreciate your point... But a PC isn't made up of one component.
darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 darkguy_101
Member since 2008 • 744 Posts
Not $100, but it's pretty close. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127359R http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102747R http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500037R they could play from medium-high to high-very high with no AA. (at least i think)
Jrfanfreak88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58 Jrfanfreak88
Member since 2008 • 1792 Posts
Here's some quotes from the Kotaku preview: "The team at Sony Computer Entertainment looks like it may have truly defined the console with this effort, a title that shows the promise of current gen, high-definition hardware with something that simply couldn't have been done previously." "We've seen God of War III in person. We've seen it actually being played. And it looks good. Like a painting come to life? Maybe. Worthy of a string of excited expletives? Oh, definitely." "The Kratos model used in God of War III is purported to be unable to fit on the PS2's RAM." And now IGN: "Papy hit the Start Button, and the camera zoomed out from Kratos' face, which displayed realistic pores and textures on his teeth as the Spartan angrily flexed in a cave before he emerged to witness a Titan made of molten lava that scaled one of the walls of the city." "the crowd wasn't ready for what Kratos did: He scaled the creature and wrapped his blade around its neck, pulling it down to the ground. Immediately plunging his other blade deep into its chest, he quickly ran the blade across the belly, opening a large gash that quickly spilled its guts and intestines out onto the marble floor of the city." "Honestly, from a personal standpoint, even describing the elements of the gameplay and trailer doesn't do the gameplay justice, because the sense of scale and action really has to be seen to be fully grasped and understood." "Personally, I can't wait, because if it's even close to what we were shown during the screening, in the end, there might be only chaos, but it could also be one of the best games any system will ever have."
LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LunchBox-
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts

AdrianWerner

Whose gonna pay for the other parts that are gonna cost me my life savings??

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#60 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

AdrianWerner

I was thinking about getting that, I'll do fine with the other parts, and LOL at this thread, I doubt GOW 3 isn't even finish yet from what we have seen so far.
darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 darkguy_101
Member since 2008 • 744 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Really, I want to know which ones.jonnyt61

If you sold your computer and your Xbox/PS3, you could buy a very nice PC that could play Crysis on Very High without sweating.

Consolites think Crysis eats gaming computer alive, it killed 2 gens of cards, but it's not that intensive now.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

Fact: God of War III will probably be a better production then Gears and Crysis. Fact: God of War III does not look better then Crysis. In any way.NAPK1NS

wat

This game doesn't look anywhere close to Gears 2 or Crysis.

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

Fact: God of War III will probably be a better production then Gears and Crysis. Fact: God of War III does not look better then Crysis. In any way.NAPK1NS

I couldn't say it better myself.....

.... well i probably could, but I'm too lazy.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Not only is it the most Technically superior game in the current market, It will also help sony push consoles, because GOW was one of the brands the ps2 owners recognize, and will run out to buy. by then youll see the WiiFAD slowing down and Nintendo will release their new Vii or Zii to counter.But soon those 100 million ps2 owners will be buying ps3s.

Its the Best looking game thats coming out on any system. And guess what you dont need to pay M$ or buy a 9000 dollar PC to play it either. This will end up as the Third AAAAE for the Ps3 (after MGS4 and Kz2).

Sheep, Hermits, Lems AM CRY. actually they wont have the time to cry, they will be running to buy ps3s

LunchBox-
Cant we just keep the hype reasonable for once?
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
you are funny.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#67 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

No it's not.

Crysis is still the graphics king.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50608 Posts

Where's a mod to lock all these damn threads!

GoW looked good, but don't compare it to Crysis please....Nothing on any system this gen, and most likely next will touch Crysis.

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LunchBox-

GoW looked good, but don't compare it to Crysis please....Nothing on any system this gen, and most likely next will touch Crysis.

Chutebox

Theres no official thread, why should they lock it?

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LunchBox-
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

darkguy_101

You are trolling and this thread is only flamebait.

Thats what youre doing right now by being offtopic

I havent insulted or flammed anyone in the whole thread. Talk about gow3 or leave

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Scale aside. It looks like a shiny GoW2 to me:|
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts
[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"][QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]

You go inside an alien facility during the single player, and a couple of the multiplayer maps feature urban and desert environments.

For the most part, however, Crysis is in the jungle.

LunchBox-

Thanks! i was just always curious about that, suppose i could just read the review. Does the rest of the game match up to the Jungle pretty well?

Dont bother with that game. Its the same Garbage Jungle scene over and over. that game is a One trick pony. Just save your money

Dont let these screens theyve been posting since launch fool you. They've probably been touched up as well

HURR DURR

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TheNextOrder
Member since 2009 • 1510 Posts

Not only is it the most Technically superior game in the current market, It will also help sony push consoles, because GOW was one of the brands the ps2 owners recognize, and will run out to buy. by then youll see the WiiFAD slowing down and Nintendo will release their new Vii or Zii to counter.But soon those 100 million ps2 owners will be buying ps3s.

Its the Best looking game thats coming out on any system. And guess what you dont need to pay M$ or buy a 9000 dollar PC to play it either. This will end up as the Third AAAAE for the Ps3 (after MGS4 and Kz2).

Sheep, Hermits, Lems AM CRY. actually they wont have the time to cry, they will be running to buy ps3s

LunchBox-
:lol: @ cows who still think the PS3 is going to outsell the Wii. You're actually borderline insane to believe that.
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts
[QUOTE="jonnyt61"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

darkguy_101

If you sold your computer and your Xbox/PS3, you could buy a very nice PC that could play Crysis on Very High without sweating.

Consolites think Crysis eats gaming computer alive, it killed 2 gens of cards, but it's not that intensive now.

So to play Crysis on Very High, I need to completely lock myself out of -two- consoles exclusive libraries? Umm, thanks for that offer, but I'll gladly pass. Graphics, do not a game make, and Crysis, as beautiful as it is, is no exception to that. To me, Crysis isn't worth cutting myself out of a fairly diverse, and large number of games.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#76 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
[QUOTE="darkguy_101"][QUOTE="jonnyt61"] I can appreciate your point... But a PC isn't made up of one component.jonnyt61

So to play Crysis on Very High, I need to completely lock myself out of -two- consoles exclusive libraries? Umm, thanks for that offer, but I'll gladly pass. Graphics, do not a game make, and Crysis, as beautiful as it is, is no exception to that. To me, Crysis isn't worth cutting myself out of a fairly diverse, and large number of games.

You don't need to run it on Very High.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50608 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

LunchBox-

Just too many threads on the subject.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

LunchBox-
u already failed from the first thing you said

no matter what, whther u like the art ****better or what, crysis is going to be the most technically supieor game until next gen consoles or next pc game that out does it
teh_VU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 teh_VU
Member since 2008 • 754 Posts
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

kidcool189

u already failed from the first thing you said

no matter what, whther u like the art ****better or what, crysis is going to be the most technically supieor game until next gen consoles or next pc game that out does it

I found those lines funny too :D. $9000 to play games on a PC. Third AAAAE? KZ2 hasn't even been reviewed on GS yet.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts
I hate thread with absolute no nutrition.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"]Good one, that was a funny one... oh wait, you were actually serious?gamerking178

I own a PS3 just for KZ2/Uncharted. I own a High End rig. You're probably some loser thats too poor for either. GG P.S. My gaming rig is $390 and a PS3 in New Zealand is $1200 for 60GB.

Link

Why the hell do they cost so much there? :o

I could ship you a few for a small fee :P (I'm joking.. or am I) :lol:

and yes, saying that it's better then mid to high end computer graphics is far fetched.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
It looks great. But it is no Crysis. Hell no its not comparable.
UnrealLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 UnrealLord
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Fact: God of War III will probably be a better production then Gears and Crysis. Fact: God of War III does not look better then Crysis. In any way.LunchBox-

The screens are from an older build, and by the time the game comes out, no one will remember what crysis is or what Gears of war is. GOW3 will be the new Standard

Until, of course, Crysis 2 and (The REAL GOW) Gears of War 3 come out...
LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LunchBox-
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"]Good one, that was a funny one... oh wait, you were actually serious?gamerking178

I own a PS3 just for KZ2/Uncharted. I own a High End rig. You're probably some loser thats too poor for either. GG P.S. My gaming rig is $390 and a PS3 in New Zealand is $1200 for 60GB.

what? why would i be too poor to own either?

Go look at the Chart sony posted, Ps3 is the best value and cheapest interms of what you get. anyone can afford one.

If owned a overpriced PC to play games instead of my Ps3, then i would be poor

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LunchBox-
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]Fact: God of War III will probably be a better production then Gears and Crysis. Fact: God of War III does not look better then Crysis. In any way.UnrealLord

The screens are from an older build, and by the time the game comes out, no one will remember what crysis is or what Gears of war is. GOW3 will be the new Standard

Until, of course, Crysis 2 and (The REAL GOW) Gears of War 3 come out...

Gears came after God of war. so GOW belongs to god of war

BiOZiGzAg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BiOZiGzAg
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Im to lazy to scan if anyone has posted the GOW3 picture whereas Kratos has flat chains on his arms...

Has anyone?

LunchBox-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LunchBox-

Im to lazy to scan if anyone has posted the GOW3 picture whereas Kratos has flat chains on his arms...

Has anyone?

BiOZiGzAg

as i said. the games still in pre alpha. the final shots will blow your mind. did you read David jaffe's article

BiOZiGzAg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BiOZiGzAg
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

So then why not wait until the game is out before pronouncing it the new graphics king.

McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
Nop,it barely match dmc4..let alone geow2 and crysis.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#92 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="LunchBox-"][QUOTE="BiOZiGzAg"]

Has anyone?

as i said. the games still in pre alpha. the final shots will blow your mind. did you read David jaffe's article

So you have not actually seen the real thing yet its now the new standard lol fanboys make me laugh.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TX360
[QUOTE="BiOZiGzAg"]

So then why not wait until the game is out before pronouncing it the new graphics king.

exactly
impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#94 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts
roflmao this TC/Troll is baaad
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TX360

Lol some fanboys are getting really mad, first they said KZ2 looks better then Crysis and now even GOW3, which looks worse then KZ2, imo GOW3 looks very average, yeah and i do own a PS3 and love it but writing crap like this :roll: Looks like someone smoked something wierd.

skyform
Killzone 2 is the new standard on consoles GOW3 imo does not get close so the TC is in a world of his own.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TX360
It looks great. But it is no Crysis. Hell no its not comparable.skrat_01
GOW3 is no where near crysis its a joke to compare and games like GOW3 should be compared to console games not PC games.
NickD33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 NickD33
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
Crysis looks dull next to the carnage on screen in GoW3, GoW3 destroys Crysis in scale and on screen action. If Crysis is all hermits have to brag about then I feel sorry for them, if I want to see a good looking blade of grass I'll go outside. Crysis is dull.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
Super Mario 64 looks better than Crysis, KZ2 and MGS4.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts

Crysis looks dull next to the carnage on screen in GoW3, GoW3 destroys Crysis in scale and on screen action. If Crysis is all hermits have to brag about then I feel sorry for them, if I want to see a good looking blade of grass I'll go outside. Crysis is dull.NickD33

I can't tell if you being sarcastic or not, but Crysis won SOTY here and it's one of the most visceral and intense games I've played in years. It's in a league of it's own regarding graphics, scale, physics, lighting and it has great gameplay to boot. You should try it out some time. There are much better games than Crysis on PC (like CoH, WiC and Stalker IMO), but good graphics gets through to console gamers the easiest, so you hear Crysis more than anything else.

starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts
Crysis kills any game in graphics ...only Killzone 2 comes a little closer to it in some areas