Ghost of Tsushima PC is Being Delisted & Refunded in Countries Without PSN.

  • 66 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for locus-solus
locus-solus

1563

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1563 Posts

Sony learned nothing from the Helldivers PR disaster. Key sites like Green Man Gaming are also refunding people in effected countries. Might be able to use a VPN to buy a key assuming Sony doesn't region lock it. Sony might as well be telling people to pirate their game.

Completely Unnecessary Ghost of Tsushima is primary a singleplayer game with optional multiplayer.

https://wccftech.com/ghost-of-tsushima-pc-delisted-steam-psn-despite-singleplayer-not-needing/

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

23156

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23156 Posts

I read the sp game doesn't require sign in, but online mode does...? I've never played the game so not sure.... I do know that Sony sure knows how to eff it up like professionals though. It's their entire strategy this Gen... Trickle out the disippointment baby!

So glad I went steam deck this Gen.

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56585

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56585 Posts

@locus-solus: The SP isn't necessary for PSN.

Thankfully, Legends mode is such a separate thing from the main game. You absolutely don't need to play it to experience GoT.

Avatar image for locus-solus
locus-solus

1563

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1563 Posts
@davillain said:

@locus-solus: The SP isn't necessary for PSN.

Thankfully, Legends mode is such a separate thing from the main game. You absolutely don't need to play it to experience GoT.

You can only buy the game in regions where PSN is available and it's true you don't need to link a psn account to play singleplayer. Problem is the game is being delisted in region where psn isn't available so you cant even buy it as a singleplayer game.

https://wccftech.com/ghost-of-tsushima-pc-delisted-steam-psn-despite-singleplayer-not-needing/

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56585

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56585 Posts

@locus-solus: Oh dear! The part *the game is being delisted in region where PSN isn't available so you cant even buy it as a singleplayer game* is the thing I didn't see coming. Sony is gonna lose more money if they don't fixed this problem needing PSN.

Avatar image for saint-george
Saint-George

1473

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1473 Posts

Cows...

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

9579

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9579 Posts

Region specificity is inherently bad. Let everyone enjoy everything.

Sony is also bad for participating in it. Don't care for any attempts at "counter arguments."

Avatar image for mazuiface
mazuiface

1615

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Region specificity is inherently bad. Let everyone enjoy everything.

Sony is also bad for participating in it. Don't care for any attempts at "counter arguments."

Exactly. When people say "X company does it too!" the first thought should be that they need to cut the region locking nonsense out too.

Avatar image for Antwan3K
Antwan3K

8450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8450 Posts

@saint-george said:

Cows...

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

but since it's PlayStation, this thread will be mostly ignored and this will be forgotten by tomorrow..

on-topic, as a fan of the PlayStation PC initiative, this is just bad business.. I know how important MAU is moving forward but their mishandling of PSN integration on PC games has been abysmmal in this early attempts..

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

15613

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15613 Posts

Truly baffling that in a 2024 global economy, a big multi-billion dollar company is still region locking their online products. Like, do you not want money? They have money in those regions....

Avatar image for saint-george
Saint-George

1473

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1473 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@saint-george said:

Cows...

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices

about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

but since it's PlayStation, this thread will be mostly ignored and this will be forgotten by tomorrow..

on-topic, as a fan of the PlayStation PC initiative, this is just bad business.. I know how important MAU is moving forward but their mishandling of PSN integration on PC games has been abysmmal in this early attempts..

Being in last place has given cows an inferior complex when it comes to xbox...they need to chill and play a bit of Sea of thieves,the one time No1 pre ordered game on PlayStation.

Avatar image for last_lap
Last_Lap

7000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#12 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 7000 Posts

Ghosts of Tsushima review bombing incoming 🀣

Has Sony not learnt anything from last week πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70804 Posts

@saint-george said:

Cows...

Avatar image for adsparky
adsparky

2621

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#14 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2621 Posts

Seems like Sony is about to do something that will be featured in Watchmojo's: "top 10 times videogame companies did the stupidest thing"

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3534

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3534 Posts

sony doomed I blame gamepass

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

61554

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61554 Posts

Saw it was for GMG yesterday (posted article in the other thread), but now delisted on Steam according to SteamDB... Sony are killing their PC titles speedrun any%.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70804 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

sony doomed I blame gamepass

Are you sure it is not the ABK deal?😏

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56585

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56585 Posts

@Vaasman said:

Truly baffling that in a 2024 global economy, a big multi-billion dollar company is still region locking their online products. Like, do you not want money? They have money in those regions....

From what I've gather for the past weeks since Helldivers 2 PSN fiasco, the general consensus is Sony wants to see of increase numbers of PSN userbase so that they can show the higher numbers to their investors and that's assumption I can see. Not sure if that's the reason Sony is doing this, but its quite possible since Sony themselves didn't expect Helldivers 2 to be this massive hit.

Avatar image for pclover1980
PCLover1980

1293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#19 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1293 Posts

instead of changing their TOS and/or adding more PSN support to more countries, they do this instead.

Truly a multi-billion dollar company moment.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

44753

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#20 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44753 Posts

That just seems so stupid. Not only are they reducing the amount of money they can get from selling the game to more consumers but it also generates bad PR. Both short term and long term negative impact.

Avatar image for pclover1980
PCLover1980

1293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1293 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

That just seems so stupid. Not only are they reducing the amount of money they can get from selling the game to more consumers but it also generates bad PR. Both short term and long term negative impact.

My conspiracy theory is that they're doing this so they can exit the PC market haha

Avatar image for navyguy21
navyguy21

17472

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#22 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17472 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

That just seems so stupid. Not only are they reducing the amount of money they can get from selling the game to more consumers but it also generates bad PR. Both short term and long term negative impact.

Looking at it from a business standpoint, It would look good to investors if they can increase their monthly active users.

Somehow, despite outselling Xbox 2 to 1, they are still behind in monthly active users even before the ABK deal.

This is what investors like to see, console sales mean nothing if you cant monetize that base.........and so far Sony has struggled with that, that's why we see PC releases, live service, remasters.

Forcing PC users to join PSN would pad those numbers and allow them to attract more investors.

Avatar image for Syn_Valence
Syn_Valence

2156

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2156 Posts

Lol keep on screwing the PC community Sony. They're nothing but a bunch of pirates and cheaters anyway.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70804 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

Lol keep on screwing the PC community Sony. They're nothing but a bunch of pirates and cheaters anyway.

Screw those paying customers, that will show them pirates.🀭

Avatar image for davillain
DaVillain

56585

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56585 Posts

Paying for a game now makes you a pirate? Man I enter the wrong gaming world😞

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#26 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70804 Posts

@davillain said:

Paying for a game now makes you a pirate? Man I enter the wrong gaming world😞

Nah! It is just Sony fannies shilling too hard.πŸ˜‚

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

44753

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#27 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44753 Posts

@navyguy21: Ah, ok. Kind of didn’t think about there. That does make it make more sense.

Avatar image for ermacness
ermacness

10656

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10656 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@saint-george said:

Cows...

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

but since it's PlayStation, this thread will be mostly ignored and this will be forgotten by tomorrow..

on-topic, as a fan of the PlayStation PC initiative, this is just bad business.. I know how important MAU is moving forward but their mishandling of PSN integration on PC games has been abysmmal in this early attempts..

Unlike MS the PC crowd is an afterthought with Sony vs the PlayStation.

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3534

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#29 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3534 Posts

Not even a post from the Golden savior of SW?

Avatar image for Ospi
Ospi

570

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 Ospi
Member since 2006 • 570 Posts

This will get review bombed to hell

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

11281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11281 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

but since it's PlayStation, this thread will be mostly ignored and this will be forgotten by tomorrow..

on-topic, as a fan of the PlayStation PC initiative, this is just bad business.. I know how important MAU is moving forward but their mishandling of PSN integration on PC games has been abysmmal in this early attempts..

Because Xbox isn't really an entity in anywhere but three countries. Also, it's not the same what's going on with Xbox because GoT PC isn't on the market yet and this doesn't involve people losing their jobs in a restructure of a dying brand, especially when Xbox tried to sell it as a good thing. This isn't an apples to apples issue. Sony limiting their business reach on PC is dumb, but that's on them.

That makes it different from the Helldivers 2 issue, which the hate was reasonable since it affected areas where it was already on sale for the past three months

Avatar image for Antwan3K
Antwan3K

8450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8450 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Not even a post from the Golden savior of SW?

😏

Avatar image for Antwan3K
Antwan3K

8450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8450 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Antwan3K said:

if this was Xbox, there would be headlines, threads, and deep-dive opinion peices about how Xbox management needs to be all fired, there is something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox gaming division, and somehow this is the fault of Game Pass and/or the ABK deal..

but since it's PlayStation, this thread will be mostly ignored and this will be forgotten by tomorrow..

on-topic, as a fan of the PlayStation PC initiative, this is just bad business.. I know how important MAU is moving forward but their mishandling of PSN integration on PC games has been abysmmal in this early attempts..

Because Xbox isn't really an entity in anywhere but three countries. Also, it's not the same what's going on with Xbox because GoT PC isn't on the market yet and this doesn't involve people losing their jobs in a restructure of a dying brand, especially when Xbox tried to sell it as a good thing. This isn't an apples to apples issue. Sony limiting their business reach on PC is dumb, but that's on them.

That makes it different from the Helldivers 2 issue, which the hate was reasonable since it affected areas where it was already on sale for the past three months

I challenge anyone to read the word vomit posted above and make it make sense..

Avatar image for pclover1980
PCLover1980

1293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#34 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1293 Posts

apparently helldivers 2 is still inaccesible for purchase in the 177 countries without psn too.

Common Sony L

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

11281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11281 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

I challenge anyone to read the word vomit posted above and make it make sense..

Congrats, you're a shill who got burned defending MS to the core and no amount of cope will make the pain any better. Understand that?

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1652

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#36 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1652 Posts

Laughing at all the xbox and PC dopes upset about this as if Sony NEEDS to appease you!?

TF, here is the situation for you confused System Wars goers.

Sony is OFFERING you a way to play the previous exclusive PS titles for which you didn't pony up the money to purchase their console to play. So Sony doesn't OWE you anything!

Saying shit like Sony screwed up? No, the reality is, Sony don't even have to offer you anything!

Get down or lay down if you want to play their games on a different platform then the own they provide. This isn't a MS situation where they depending on PC and other platforms just to survive.

LMFAO this is actually the SMARTEST thing they've done since offering games outside of the console

Avatar image for palasta
palasta

1410

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#37 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

PC being an open platform. What's the problem? Anyone who accepts Valves Steam, CD PRs GoG etc should have no issue with Sonys advancements.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

8519

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8519 Posts

Above is what you get when you grow up licking lead based paint.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#39 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70804 Posts

@pc_rocks: He doesn't just lick 😏

Avatar image for pclover1980
PCLover1980

1293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1293 Posts

cows here celebrating like this news affects them lol

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58589

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58589 Posts

You know what I love?

I love when a company more or less has a license to print money and they decide to burn it.

They have this license, and all they have to do is practice a modicum of respect for the consumer. You know, release a quality product, don't be greedy, don't squeeze the teet too hard.

But when they don't do any of this--they release an unstable produc with low quality control, they get really greedy, and they ask for too much--I love to see that license just burn up into nothing.

I love to see that happen. I lvoe seeing people vote with their wallets, I love seeing consequences for corporations when they could make $200 million easily, but they want $220 million and it backfires because they ask the consumer to bend over and we're like "Sorry, we don't do that".

Anyway, I know I'm being dramatic. It's early. **** Sony though. I mean, **** 'em all, when you get down to it...but **** Sony especially these days.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58589

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58589 Posts
@Pedro said:
@davillain said:

Paying for a game now makes you a pirate? Man I enter the wrong gaming world😞

Nah! It is just Sony fannies shilling too hard.πŸ˜‚

I mean it's funny, but it really is cutting off their nose to spite their face. They could make all this money, piracy or no, but they'd rather have no money and no piracy. For what reason? Principle? IP integrity?

Piracy is a fact of life. Not saying we should just be apathetic about it, but you shouldn't let it deter you from exploring new markets and bringing products to a platform.

What's next? Toyota not bringing cars to the US because of car theft? #badanalogy

Avatar image for Antwan3K
Antwan3K

8450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8450 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Antwan3K said:

I challenge anyone to read the word vomit posted above and make it make sense..

Congrats, you're a shill who got burned defending MS to the core and no amount of cope will make the pain any better. Understand that?

it's okay bud, i feel your pain.. PlayStation will eventually release something sometime after March 2025.. it'll be here before you know it.. hopefully we can get announcements soon.. 🀞🏽

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

11823

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11823 Posts

Sony must be really desperate to pad PS+ numbers with PC

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

34828

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#45 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34828 Posts

That will be good for business, they thought.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#46 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70804 Posts

@Litchie: Apparently and this will get at those pesky pirates according to the fanboys.πŸ˜‚

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

44735

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44735 Posts

You think after the Helldivers 2 issue they'd of put a hault to this whole affair but it appears to be a goal for Sony to link their PC games to PSN. I frankly see no reason to push this unless they're trying to bolster their MAU figures to shareholders, but as a calculated business decision this just seems counter intuitive to their bottom line.

Perhaps the reason for this might become more clear after they release their next fiscal year report Monday.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

11281

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11281 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

it's okay bud, i feel your pain.. PlayStation will eventually release something sometime after March 2025.. it'll be here before you know it.. hopefully we can get announcements soon.. 🀞🏽

I'm sure MS will have made some contributions to Playstation by then, if they have any studios left.

Avatar image for Antwan3K
Antwan3K

8450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8450 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Antwan3K said:

it's okay bud, i feel your pain.. PlayStation will eventually release something sometime after March 2025.. it'll be here before you know it.. hopefully we can get announcements soon.. 🀞🏽

I'm sure MS will have made some contributions to Playstation by then, if they have any studios left.

yeah, hopefully.. you desperately need something to play on that plastic box you worship..

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#50  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70804 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

You think after the Helldivers 2 issue they'd of put a hault to this whole affair but it appears to be a goal for Sony to link their PC games to PSN. I frankly see no reason to push this unless they're trying to bolster their MAU figures to shareholders, but as a calculated business decision this just seems counter intuitive to their bottom line.

Perhaps the reason for this might become more clear after they release their next fiscal year report Monday.

I was told by experts on the forum that MAU doesn't matter. So, MAU cannot be the reason.😏