Geeze as much as I hate to admit it...

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlizzardBear
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

SBBB would have been better on he Xbox 360. First of all, the controls would've been better without making someone having to go out and buy another controller. Secondly, graphics would have been way better and in HD resolution ( maybe 640p:P) . Thirdly, Xbox Live with SBBB would of owned Mr. T on steroids (although he might be already been on them). SBBB is so laggy, has no leaderboards, and NO VOICE CHAT. AHHHHHH OMGWTFBBQQQ!!!! NOOO VOICE CHAT!!!! WAT R U THINKING BIBTENDO.

I like the Wii but sometimes I just wonder this and the same with SMG.

Edit: Lol I accidentally put Bibtendo. Kinda fits with people saying Nintendo is kiddy. BIB- like a baby bib lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
How is having four separate and unique methods of control forcing you to go out an buy another controller?

If you mean you have to buy more controllers for your friends... well good news, you have to do that for 360 as well. Oh yeah, and have fun getting Nintendo to license their characters for a Microsoft console.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts
I only agree about the graphics and online.
kya-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kya-kun
Member since 2004 • 1464 Posts
Hmm..I hate to admit it but, Halo 3 would have controlled better with the Wii remote, and since it didn't look too much better than Halo 2 on the original Xbox it could've ran on the Wii as well. I mean wow, you have to control the game with two analogs?! What were they thinking. Obviously the Wii Remote is better suited for shooters. /sarcasm.
BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlizzardBear
How is having four separate and unique methods of control forcing you to go out an buy another controller?

If you mean you have to buy more controllers for your friends... well good news, you have to do that for 360 as well. Oh yeah, and have fun getting Nintendo to license their characters for a Microsoft console.
foxhound_fox
You know what I mean about getting another controller. Using the Wiimote sucks and even the reviwers agree with that.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
I agree with the graphics and online. Oh and side note Live comes in handy when playing SSBB. :)
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

eh.. well, i think i agree...

as long as the game would be developped by the same people

Killer_Wuggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Killer_Wuggles
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

1) If the game was on the 360, you'd be looking at Master Chief and Friends Ultra Kill-Fest: Tournament Edition.

2) The online isn't very laggy, and if you have a good connection there's nothing wrong other than a lack of voice or text chat.

3) The graphics are fine for the Wii, and I think that Microsoft prefers the hyper-detailed boob veins of Dead or Alive.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

Obviously the Wii Remote is better suited for shooters.kya-kun

very true. but Halo3 did look much better than Halo2. some people just don't have eyes...

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlizzardBear
I agree with the graphics and online. Oh and side note Live comes in handy when playing SSBB. :)-RPGamer-
Lol I do that too. Sign on Xbox live then chat with friends. Only problem is that it makes SBBB online even more laggier for me because of my router overloading from playing online on 2 consoles.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxhound_fox
You know what I mean about getting another controller. Using the Wiimote sucks and even the reviwers agree with that.BlizzardBear

Good thing Nintendo gives its players options then isn't it? Don't like the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo? Turn the Wiimote on its side. Don't like the Wiimote on its side? Drag out your old Gamecube controllers. Don't like playing Smash Bros. on a Gamecube controller? Go and buy a CIassic controller. Don't like playing it on a CIassic controller? Well... at least you tried?
Killer_Wuggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Killer_Wuggles

I agree with the graphics and online. Oh and side note Live comes in handy when playing SSBB. :)-RPGamer-

Besides having to pay $5 a month for what my PC does better, you mean.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
i agree except for the voice chat part. that would be annoying.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxhound_fox
i agree except for the voice chat part. that would be annoying. Silenthps

Halo fankids are bad enough... Nintendo fankids? Even thinking about it makes my ears bleed.
BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlizzardBear

Look late me state some more points.

SBBB is gets laggy only if one person has a bad connection. So I have had games where it runs smoothly.

Say Nintendo went 3rd- Party and the Wii was still out. IF you had both Wii and 360 what would you want SBBB on?

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -RPGamer-

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]I agree with the graphics and online. Oh and side note Live comes in handy when playing SSBB. :)Killer_Wuggles

No, I mean it comes in handy considering I'm not in my office I'm in my game room.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
yea if all the characters were still in it, and isn't the PS3 stronger wouldn't it be better on that. don't quote me im not sure witch one is stronger for fact
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 foxhound_fox
Look late me state some more points.

SBBB is gets laggy only if one person has a bad connection. So I have had games where it runs smoothly.

Say Nintendo went 3rd- Party and the Wii was still out. IF you had both Wii and 360 what would you want SBBB on?

BlizzardBear

Why not use Smash Bros as it was designed? As a party game. Invite some friends over and have some real fun.

But that isn't the point here, Nintendo is a console developer with its own console, one which it is supporting and making billions of dollars in profits from. If they were a third party developer, the world we live in would be entirely different, we'd be living in an alternate reality.

If I could choose any platform to have SSBB on it would be PC. The best online combined with the best graphics? Yes please.
BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BlizzardBear
[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]Look late me state some more points.

foxhound_fox

Why not use Smash Bros as it was designed? As a party game. Invite some friends over and have some real fun.

But that isn't the point here, Nintendo is a console developer with its own console, one which it is supporting and making billions of dollars in profits from. If they were a third party developer, the world we live in would be entirely different, we'd be living in an alternate reality.

If I could choose any platform to have SSBB on it would be PC. The best online combined with the best graphics? Yes please.

I have done that and it was a blast. THis game still deserves a 9.5 . I am just saying it would be better on the 360.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 foxhound_fox
I have done that and it was a blast. THis game still deserves a 9.5 . I am just saying it would be better on the 360.BlizzardBear

It would be better... if we were living in an alternate reality. If we take these things into account in our reality, Nintendo would never license its characters on a competing console and the game would be pretty much nothing if it were made on 360... especially considering Nintendo developed it in-house.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter what platform a game is on... the reality is, different platforms get different games. Easiest way to enjoy them all is to own all the platforms.
Killer_Wuggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Killer_Wuggles
[QUOTE="Killer_Wuggles"]

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]I agree with the graphics and online. Oh and side note Live comes in handy when playing SSBB. :)-RPGamer-

No, I mean it comes in handy considering I'm not in my office I'm in my game room.

So you're typing this up in your gaming room right now on your 360? Or in your office?

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="Killer_Wuggles"]

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]I agree with the graphics and online. Oh and side note Live comes in handy when playing SSBB. :)Killer_Wuggles

So you're typing this up in your gaming room right now on your 360? Or in your office?

Considering we're talking about playing a game, the "I'm in my game room" is a reference to when I'm actually playing a console. :|

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BlizzardBear

Ok answer these two questions.

What good things would you lose by having SBBB on the 360? ( dont say characters: pretend all the same characters would be on the 360)

and

If Nintendo went third party and could released the game on the 360 and Wii. What would you buy it for? (saying you owned both)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox
But what are you trying to prove? Everything would be best on PC with your logic if all IP was available to all platforms.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Oh yeah, and have fun getting Nintendo to license their characters for a Microsoft console.
foxhound_fox

It'd be funny to see a bunch of MS characters that were as oddball as whats in SSBB. They should go deep in the roster like Marvel vs Capcom 2. Bust out that dammed paperclip help file thing from Office and the alternate old man doctor. Throw in a minsweeper bomb and a mouse pointer who's smash attack is a blue screen of death.

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlizzardBear
But what are you trying to prove? Everything would be best on PC with your logic if all IP was available to all platforms.foxhound_fox
No I dont agree PC would be better for SSBB. It might be worse.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 foxhound_fox
No I dont agree PC would be better for SSBB. It might be worse.BlizzardBear

How so? What evidence or reasoning to you have to support that?

PC version would have: Best graphics. Best online (dedicated servers). Best updates (if on Steam they would be automatic). Best controls (you could use everything from a keyboard and mouse to the Wiimote, Sixaxis and 360 gamepad). And mods... delicious, delicious mods. Adding in characters that don't actually exist in the game thus practically having an infinite selection? Win.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

The only thing I agree with is the online.. Online support is an embarrassment, where I was playing games over a decade ago that had greater multiplayer support and options then Nintendo games of today...

The controls are way better on the Wii.. Because unlike the Xbox360.. I get 4 choices...

Graphics are unimportant the game already looks fanastic even on a big HD as it is.. Sure it would be cooler to have better graphics.. But is it really neccesary? No the game looks great as it is.

Also fighting games are for the most part always going to be console.. The basic vs mode on the same screen is fundamental.. And a dev on the pc is not going to have the option of playing ont he same screen because most pc gamers would not do it to begin with.. Thus why you hardly ever see such fighters on the pc.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

foxhound_fox

If you didn't know, the control schemes all pretty much suck except the GCN controller. I don't have a GCN controller so I use the ****c Controller which isn't that great anyways. And I can't stand Wiimote+Nunchuck, but Wiimote on it's own is just okay.

Um... apparently cl4ssic is censored for whatever reason....

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]How is having four separate and unique methods of control forcing you to go out an buy another controller?

rolo107

If you didn't know, the control schemes all pretty much suck except the GCN controller. I don't have a GCN controller so I use the ****c Controller which isn't that great anyways. And I can't stand Wiimote+Nunchuck, but Wiimote on it's own is just okay.

****c remote is as good as the Game cube remote when you get the Nyko attachment grip which basically gives it bottom wings to make and feel like more a Gamecube/PS2 controler.

Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]I have done that and it was a blast. THis game still deserves a 9.5 . I am just saying it would be better on the 360.foxhound_fox

It would be better... if we were living in an alternate reality. If we take these things into account in our reality, Nintendo would never license its characters on a competing console and the game would be pretty much nothing if it were made on 360... especially considering Nintendo developed it in-house.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter what platform a game is on... the reality is, different platforms get different games. Easiest way to enjoy them all is to own all the platforms.

It was posed as a pure hypothetical in the first place. If you could talk to the other players, maybe text chat that would make the online complaints subside abit.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Graphics and online would be better no doubt. With that said, there are ways everyone seems to have found to work against Nintendo's service.

XBL chat rooms or Skype chat rooms. I pretty much use that or... the good ol Cellphone. (Free minutes on nights and weekend sand In calling to Verizon people! :o )

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#34 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]No I dont agree PC would be better for SSBB. It might be worse.foxhound_fox

PC version would have: Best graphics. Best online (dedicated servers). Best updates (if on Steam they would be automatic). Best controls (you could use everything from a keyboard and mouse to the Wiimote, Sixaxis and 360 gamepad). And mods... delicious, delicious mods. Adding in characters that don't actually exist in the game thus practically having an infinite selection? Win.

Re4 Pc Version
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

foxhound_fox

I'm still holding out for a Metroid action game (preferably third person) on X360 - M Rated, epic cinematics, brilliant visuals. Oh and for Samus to be a special guest character in DOA Extreme series :oops::oops:

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BlizzardBear
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]No I dont agree PC would be better for SSBB. It might be worse.ljlrj

Re4 Pc Version

Thank you for that. Anyways, there are ither reasons why it would work but I dont feel like starting another arguement with hermits in this thread. Gosh, I hate how in SW if there is a topic without their platform being mentioned they have to bring it up in the arguement.
heavystar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 heavystar
Member since 2002 • 224 Posts

Great game on the Wii, but would have been better on the xbox360. You would have to be an idiot to think otherwise, if you have never played on xbox live for a significant period of time at least you have an excuse for your ignorance.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#39 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
[QUOTE="ljlrj"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]No I dont agree PC would be better for SSBB. It might be worse.BlizzardBear

Re4 Pc Version

Thank you for that. Anyways, there are ither reasons why it would work but I dont feel like starting another arguement with hermits in this thread. Gosh, I hate how in SW if there is a topic without their platform being mentioned they have to bring it up in the arguement.

Thxs
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

As in playing on 360 hardware with its online features? Yeah, of course.

But the game being on 360.. well, the range of playable Nintendo characters makes Smash Bros what it really is.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

foxhound_fox
You kind of do have to buy a clas$ic controller (unless you have a gamecube one already) because the two wiimote setups suck. They are not nearly as responsive as they should be, and that's a potentially game-breaking problem.

This is all hypothetical anyway, so we shouldn't really get into how impossible it would be to get a liscense for all of nintendo's characters.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]No I dont agree PC would be better for SSBB. It might be worse.foxhound_fox

The only problem is that, being designed for the PC, the SSBB's control scheme would be based around the keyboard as a standard, so the actual gameplay design of the game would be different to accomodate the imprecision of keyboard keys, and how could the mouse be used effectively without getting in the way? Sure you could use a different controller but if they designed it for a keyboard, there would be no reason to use a gamepad. It would also lose the party aspect, as only one player could play the game in the same room/office.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
the only thing that ticks me off about SSBB is that i cant import a save onto my sdcard and take it with me! gotta either lugg my entire Wii to my friends houses that all ready have a wii and we cant play with all the characters.

It took me forever to get nearly all the characters i dont wanna do it again thank you very much!
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]How is having four separate and unique methods of control forcing you to go out an buy another controller?

rolo107

What can't you stand about the Wiimote&Nunchuck, I hear so many people complaining about it but never giving a reason why. I don't find anything wrong with it myself. Nice and easy to use, conformtable in my hand.. simple button layout.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
No. It belongs on the Wii. Also online should have no place in Brawl. The game is meant for local multiplayer, not online.
Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Uncle_Uzi
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts

Actually, HD graphics would be truly appreciated. There's tons of times where I've lost track of where I am on screen, mostly because when two characters are close together it just looks like a jumbled mess.

Better online support would be greatly appreciated, Voice-chat anyone? Howabout a Halo 3 style matchmaking for FFA or doubles? That would be epic win.

And wouldn't Acheivments be great as well? They've already got the trophies and such, but whatabout something physical that your friends can see without having to come over? That would be cool.

Ok: as for MS super smash bros, there are infinite possibilities. Here's the added roster to the Brawl one already:

Halo: MC, Arbiter, Brute Hammer Chieftan

Gears: Marcus Fenix, Cole Train, Theron Guard

BK: Banjo-Kazooie, Grunty, Bottles

Miscelaneous: Logan Keller, Big Daddy Bouncer, Captain Price, Crackdown Agent

MS Icons: Bill Gates, Peter Moore... and more!

Add some Characters if you want...

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
yeah i really didnt like any of the control schemes, They all just seemed so ackward, and im not about to go out and buy a wavebird for this game. THe online is lame, you cant party up with friends and play against other people online, when you play with anyone its limited to 2 minute matches, and the lag is ridiculas, and no voice chat. But as far as graphics go i think it looks awesome, sure hd res. would of been cool but i dont feel like i need it with this game it looks good enough.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

No. It belongs on the Wii. Also online should have no place in Brawl. The game is meant for local multiplayer, not online.Wasdie

.?? wha?

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -RPGamer-

No. It belongs on the Wii. Also online should have no place in Brawl. The game is meant for local multiplayer, not online.Wasdie

So instead of gaining access to play against friends any given time of the day, I should wait for the rare moments when we're all not busy to play it MP?

I agree that local (or LAN) is the better way to play the game, but hell I could say that for ANY MP title. They're all better when I play against other locally. However, playing online gains something called convenience.

I think a reason why playing locally might seem "more needed" in a game like SSBB is b/c we've become used to playing it that way b/c that is all we had with SSB, and SSBM.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Copyright infringement? :|