Gears of War destroyed gaming forever. And some other games did too.

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Koba123
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
The only game that could ever make me stand in line at midnight is the MGS series.

So, Kojima has been saying:

I've thought a lot about how Western games have been winning, looking it from a global perspective, and there are things that I've noticed...

I've come to understand that the way we've made games up until now won't translate globally, and I've come to think that I need to make Kojima Productions a team that can compete alongside the rest of the world.

So there ya' go. Because of bullpoo like Killzone, Halo and Gears, Kojiima, the only developer who remembers how to make a great game instead of quick game for quick buck, has decided that mindless shooting is the way to go. Because that is what the western audience wants.

Who cares about storylines and characters I care about, let's just shoot an ugly alien in the face... over and over again.
Quote from Kotaku

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Kojima likes Gears of War, though
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
Kojima isn't "gaming". Just because it may have influenced his own thoughts on gaming doesn't mean that good gaming will end :?
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Not only is there nothing that bad with games like Gears, but Kojima never said what exactly he intends to do, which makes all of this a very moot point.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Must you guys constantly whine about Halo or Gears? Even while those games existed you still got the superb MGS 4, so I think you are being a bit alarmist.

Also it's games like Gears and Halo that actually HELPED MGS 4 because without Ryan Payton's input on the controls that game would not have been as fun to play as it was.

Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Koba123
Come on people, MGS is the only thing the man does, if he says he wants to make western audiences like his game more then what else can happens besides him making a bad FPS game?
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Kojiima, the only developer who remembers how to make a great game instead of quick game for quick buck,

Koba123

Riiiiight.

I thought MGS4 sold a few million copies. That's great.

Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koba123

without Ryan Payton's input on the controls that game would not have been as fun to play as it was.

heretrix

I didn't enjoy MGS4's gameplay more than I did say Mgs1, I play the games for the story.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Come on people, MGS is the only thing the man does, if he says he wants to make western audiences like his game more then what else can happens besides him making a bad FPS game?Koba123
And? I will probably be a GOOD FPS, and I welcome that.
jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts
i think he means gameplay wise, i mean why stop and change from what your best at (story).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

without Ryan Payton's input on the controls that game would not have been as fun to play as it was.

Koba123

I didn't enjoy MGS4's gameplay more than I did say Mgs1, I play the games for the story.

So I guess everyone out there shares your opinion... Guess what? Nope.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
The only game that could ever make me stand in line at midnight is the MGS series.

I've thought a lot about how Western games have been winning, looking it from a global perspective, and there are things that I've noticed...

I've come to understand that the way we've made games up until now won't translate globally, and I've come to think that I need to make Kojima Productions a team that can compete alongside the rest of the world.

So there ya' go. Because of bullpoo like Killzone, Halo and Gears, Kojiima, the only developer who remembers how to make a great game instead of quick game for quick buck, has decided that mindless shooting is the way to go. Because that is what the western audience wants.

Who cares about storylines and characters I care about, let's just shoot an ugly alien in the face... over and over again.
Quote from Kotaku

Koba123

First off there's no PROOF he's talking about Gears, second your interpitation of what's good or not is a moot point since it's an opinion. FINALLY I doubt you even PLAYED Gears 2 because it was as the company is called EPIC! In fact I enjoyed it ten fold over MGS 4. Keep your opinions as simply that! OPINION.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Kojima isn't "gaming". Just because it may have influenced his own thoughts on gaming doesn't mean that good gaming will end :?thepwninator

Bingo! This man is as overrated as Dude Huge himself. Warren Spector, Ken Levine, Shigeru Miyamoto... those are some of the "real" legends in the industry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-63f6895020e66

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]Kojima isn't "gaming". Just because it may have influenced his own thoughts on gaming doesn't mean that good gaming will end :?BioShockOwnz

Bingo! This man is as overrated as Dude Huge himself. Warren Spector, Ken Levine, Shigeru Miyamoto... those are some of the "real" legends in the industry.

I would add Kojima to that list. On a minor degree, of course, but he still is an important part of modern gaming.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Koba123

If I'm playing a game, I want to PLAY it. I loved the first MGS but I got really annoyed when they did very little to improve the gameplay elements, most noticibly the camera and the controls. After MGS 2, I couldn't deal with it anymore. MGS 4 brought me back to the series and the game plays EXACTLY the way it should have. The controls and camera never got in the way of my enjoyment and made me want to see more of the story.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thepwninator
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]Kojima isn't "gaming". Just because it may have influenced his own thoughts on gaming doesn't mean that good gaming will end :?IronBass

I would add Kojima to that list. On a minor degree, of course, but he still is an important part of modern gaming.

The point is that he hasn't had anywhere near as big of an influence as any of the above and (arguably) his games aren't as good-the System Shock series, Deus Ex, Thief, and many of Miyamoto's Nintendo games are arguably far superior to any of the Metal Gear games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
kojima being the last person who knows how to make a great game? :? let me introduce you to miyamoto sometime
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thepwninator
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]kojima being the last person who knows how to make a great game? :? let me introduce you to miyamoto sometime

And whoever the lead designers for The Witcher and STALKER are, as well as Chris Taylor and a fair amount more besides.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-63f6895020e66
The point is that he hasn't had anywhere near as big of an influence as any of the above and (arguably) his games aren't as good-the System Shock series, Deus Ex, Thief, and many of Miyamoto's Nintendo games are arguably far superior to any of the Metal Gear games. thepwninator
I completely agree. I was simply pointing that he was one of the best developer out there. Of course, he is far from being the best, or the most influential, or the most recognized one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63f6895020e66

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]kojima being the last person who knows how to make a great game? :? let me introduce you to miyamoto sometimethepwninator
And whoever the lead designers for The Witcher and STALKER are, as well as Chris Taylor and a fair amount more besides.

That's something that has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to say he's not good, but, why exactly is the name "Kojima" so well known? I mean, who knows how the leader of Bioshock was called? We know the dev TEAM was 2K, but the lead designer? Or from Metroid Prime? Grim Fandango? etc etc?

I don't want to attack him, but it may seem that he has published his own name a little more than the common lead designer.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thepwninator
[QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]kojima being the last person who knows how to make a great game? :? let me introduce you to miyamoto sometimeIronBass

That's something that has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to say he's not good, but, why exactly is the name "Kojima" so well known? I mean, who knows how the leader of Bioshock was called? We know the dev TEAM was 2K, but the lead designer? Or from Metroid Prime? Grim Fandango? etc etc? I don't want to attack him, but it may seem that he has published his own name a little too more than the common lead designer.

I agree. Most lead designers acknowledge that their productions are highly team-based efforts, and, as a result, don't go around tooting their own horn, but, rather, their studio's own horn. Kojima, from what I've been able to tell, puts his name on everything that comes out of his studio (the studio itself is even named after him), thus implying that he is, for all intents and purposes, fully responsible for the game when, quite frankly, it's not the case. Vice president: "Here's a bonus for brilliantly forcing your employees to work 80 hours a week without overtime pay!" Recipient: (while smirking) "It wasn't easy."
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="thepwninator"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]kojima being the last person who knows how to make a great game? :? let me introduce you to miyamoto sometimeIronBass

That's something that has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to say he's not good, but, why exactly is the name "Kojima" so well known? I mean, who knows how the leader of Bioshock was called? We know the dev TEAM was 2K, but the lead designer? Or from Metroid Prime? Grim Fandango? etc etc? I don't want to attack him, but it may seem that he has published his own name a little more than the common lead designer.

attention seeker? you bring up a good point ironbass. me and Blackbond are probably the only two who frequent SW that know what an Inafune is
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thepwninator
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="thepwninator"] And whoever the lead designers for The Witcher and STALKER are, as well as Chris Taylor and a fair amount more besides.darkspineslayer
That's something that has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to say he's not good, but, why exactly is the name "Kojima" so well known? I mean, who knows how the leader of Bioshock was called? We know the dev TEAM was 2K, but the lead designer? Or from Metroid Prime? Grim Fandango? etc etc? I don't want to attack him, but it may seem that he has published his own name a little more than the common lead designer.

attention seeker? you bring up a good point ironbass. me and Blackbond are probably the only two who frequent SW that know what an Inafune is

Until you brought it up and I wikipedia'd it, I didn't know who he was either :o
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Whatever games he makes, I'm sure it will be up to his standards. He wont release a game he doesnt like, and he's a great game developer, so I'm sure it will be great. With that said, I'm sure that means plenty of Kojima Productions multiplat games. Hopefully they dont change up the Metal Gear franchise too much though.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
So he's blaming other franchises for contributing to his lack of being able to make a decent game the way he wants (take years and years and years)? And you guys defend him while mocking Cliffy? :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="thepwninator"] And whoever the lead designers for The Witcher and STALKER are, as well as Chris Taylor and a fair amount more besides.darkspineslayer

Being as I am, a big fan of Capcom's, I know how he is ;) Fact is, that Kojima is irrationally well-known if we consider his works. Yes, it is awesome, I will never deny that, but it has been nowhere an impact as, foe example, the Final Fantasy series, yet almost no one knows Sakaguchi. Or from Konami itself. What about Castlevania? That series has been for almost TWENTY years, yet Igarashi is an unknown dev. I could fill the page with awesome series creators, that have been far more influent that Kojima, and tha-sadly- are nowhere near as well known as him.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 carljohnson3456
So he's blaming other franchises for contributing to his lack of being able to make a decent game the way he wants (take years and years and years)? And you guys defend him while mocking Cliffy? :roll:hopesfall2own
He's not blaming other franchises, he's basically complimenting them if anything. Unlike Cliffy B, he doesnt go around knocking other games and trying to be cute for the media. With that said, I dont think Hideo is the gaming God people make him out to be. I think the MGS franchise is great, but the only one that I've ever really, really loved has been MGS4. And I love Gears of War, but geesh Cliffy B is probably the most annoying game developer I can think of... next to David Jaffe, he gets kind of annoying too.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

That's something that has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to say he's not good, but, why exactly is the name "Kojima" so well known? I mean, who knows how the leader of Bioshock was called? We know the dev TEAM was 2K, but the lead designer? Or from Metroid Prime? Grim Fandango? etc etc?

I don't want to attack him, but it may seem that he has published his own name a little more than the common lead designer.

This is because the Japanese seem to like making their developers into rock stars. This is why you'll always hear about the Hideo Kojimas, Keiji Inafunes (yes I know who he is too and I didn't have to look at Wikipedia :wink: ) and Tomonobu Itagakis of the gaming world as opposed to the entire development team they represent. It sucks for the underlings who never really get the credit they deserve for putting in the real leg work behind a game's development.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Wait, so some don't know who Inafune is? The man is always in the spotlight when Mega Man, Lost Planet, or Dead Rising are even mentioned.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="IronBass"] That's something that has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to say he's not good, but, why exactly is the name "Kojima" so well known? I mean, who knows how the leader of Bioshock was called? We know the dev TEAM was 2K, but the lead designer? Or from Metroid Prime? Grim Fandango? etc etc? I don't want to attack him, but it may seem that he has published his own name a little more than the common lead designer. IronBass

Being as I am, a big fan of Capcom's, I know how he is ;) Fact is, that Kojima is irrationally well-known if we consider his works. Yes, it is awesome, I will never deny that, but it has been nowhere an impact as, foe example, the Final Fantasy series, yet almost no one knows Sakaguchi. Or from Konami itself. What about Castlevania? That series has been for almost TWENTY years, yet Igarashi is an unknown dev. I could fill the page with awesome series creators, that have been far more influent that Kojima, and tha-sadly- are nowhere near as well known as him.

That is pretty crazy to think about. Like I said, the MGS franchise is great, but somehow he is so well known among the gaming community. I guess it comes down to how often people stick their faces in the news. Dennis Dyak, Itaki, Hideo Kojima, Cliffy B, David Jaffe, Ted Price, and Shiggy are the only real game devs I can list by name off the top of my head... or at least in this moment anyway.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="IronBass"]

[QUOTE="thepwninator"] And whoever the lead designers for The Witcher and STALKER are, as well as Chris Taylor and a fair amount more besides.The_Game21x

This is because the Japanese seem to like making their developers into rock stars. This is why you'll always hear about the Hideo Kojimas, Keiji Inafunes (yes I know who he is too and I didn't have to look at Wikipedia :wink: ) and Tomonobu Itagakis of the gaming world as opposed to the entire development team they represent. It sucks for the underlings who never really get the credit they deserve for putting in the real leg work behind a game's development.

I dont think it's a Japenese thing, I think it's just hit or miss. Cliffy B is basically the face of Gears, David Jaffe has been the face of God of War, Dyak the face of Too Human, Peter Molyenux or whatever his name of Fable, and Ted Price of Resistance. Those are the guys who get mentioned when talking about those games. No one else.
Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]Kojima isn't "gaming". Just because it may have influenced his own thoughts on gaming doesn't mean that good gaming will end :?BioShockOwnz

You try to put Kojima down yet you bring Ken Levine as legendary? Pls.

I agree he gets way too much attention. His team is awesome too.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]Kojima isn't "gaming". Just because it may have influenced his own thoughts on gaming doesn't mean that good gaming will end :?Dystopian-X

Yeah, I think discrediting Hideo and then crediting Levine as a "legend" might be a bit much.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thepwninator
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]Kojima isn't "gaming". Just because it may have influenced his own thoughts on gaming doesn't mean that good gaming will end :?Dystopian-X

Ken Levine was project director on System Shock 1 and 2, had a rather significant hand in Thief and Tribes, and many more besides. He's not just known for Bioshock.

I still wouldn't put him on the same level as Miyamoto or Spector, though, but I would put him on the same level as Kojima.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Must you guys constantly whine about Halo or Gears? Even while those games existed you still got the superb MGS 4, so I think you are being a bit alarmist.

Also it's games like Gears and Halo that actually HELPED MGS 4 because without Ryan Payton's input on the controls that game would not have been as fun to play as it was.

heretrix
well said.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#36 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4 shied away from more cutscenes and reliance on the codec this time around compared to the past. While most hardcore fans enjoy that, as do I, there was a much larger emphasis on gameplay, with a wider variety of modes this time in Metal Gear Solid 4.

If a Japanese company could make a good FPS, my money would be on Kojima Productions and Konami.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Wait, so some don't know who Inafune is? The man is always in the spotlight when Mega Man, Lost Planet, or Dead Rising are even mentioned.BioShockOwnz
He's mostly a character designer/producer. I'd say Mikami is bigger in terms of game creation/development

I dont think it's a Japenese thing, I think it's just hit or miss. Cliffy B is basically the face of Gears, David Jaffe has been the face of God of War, Dyak the face of Too Human, Peter Molyenux or whatever his name of Fable, and Ted Price of Resistance. Those are the guys who get mentioned when talking about those games. No one else.carljohnson3456

The fact that most of those guys you mentioned go around making big claims and are talking big all the time helps too.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"][QUOTE="IronBass"] That's something that has been troubling me for some time. I don't want to say he's not good, but, why exactly is the name "Kojima" so well known? I mean, who knows how the leader of Bioshock was called? We know the dev TEAM was 2K, but the lead designer? Or from Metroid Prime? Grim Fandango? etc etc?

carljohnson3456

I dont think it's a Japenese thing, I think it's just hit or miss. Cliffy B is basically the face of Gears, David Jaffe has been the face of God of War, Dyak the face of Too Human, Peter Molyenux or whatever his name of Fable, and Ted Price of Resistance. Those are the guys who get mentioned when talking about those games. No one else.

This was an Eastern phenomenon long before it came to the West, at least in my observation.

But the thing is, Cliffy B and Peter Molyneux are the only ones I would classify as the same sort of "rock star" devs that you see in Japan. The rest (except maybe David Jaffe because he has come down with a case of diarreha of the mouth as of late...) are usually mentioned alongside their respective studios. Too Human for instance was seen as more of a Silicon Knights game than a Denis Dyak game. Insomniac created Resistance, not just Ted Price. It's a bit difficult to explain but I don't view them in the same way I'd view Japanese developers like Shigeru Miyamoto or Hironobu Sakaguchi. These devs made their studios and games where as the games made developers like Epic Games and Insomniac.

See what I'm saying?

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

This was an Eastern phenomenon long before it came to the West, at least in my observation.

But the thing is, Cliffy B and Peter Molyneux are the only ones I would classify as the same sort of "rock star" devs that you see in Japan. The rest (except maybe David Jaffe because he has come down with a case of diarreha of the mouth as of late...) are usually mentioned alongside their respective studios. Too Human for instance was seen as more of a Silicon Knights game than a Denis Dyak game. Insomniac created Resistance, not just Ted Price. It's a bit difficult to explain but I don't view them in the same way I'd view Japanese developers like Shigeru Miyamoto or Hironobu Sakaguchi. These devs made their studios and games where as the games made developers like Epic Games and Insomniac.

See what I'm saying?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from on that.
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#40 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
He has a point though...Mindless shooting games do get boring and redundant yet they come out like crazy over here.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Oh nos! The days of Shumps and beat em ups are over! The only life based system that was derived from the coin era is dead! What are we ever going to do!

Face it. Times are changing. Many developers are stuck in the past and eventually die, new ones arrive and take their spots. Thats how it works.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Dreams-Visions
well said.

So they actually fixed the controls in MGS 4? (One of the reasons I could never play MGS2 and 3 for more than an hour)
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

waynehead895
well said.

So they actually fixed the controls in MGS 4? (One of the reasons I could never play MGS2 and 3 for more than an hour)

Yeah. They streamlined them. Could have still been better. The Kojima team is still stuck in the past with controls.
the_jetimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_jetimaster
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
OK so who brought the Pop Corn to watch movie gear solid 4? Theres some greates actors on it like
Raiden
The Old ANd COOOOL snake
A MONKEY :D!
Liquid SNAKE!
OTACOOOOOOOOOOOON :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and some others 2 YAYYY!
I CALL SHOTGUN!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Shinji Mikami owns all. RE4 ftw!

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Did you ever consider, the reason hes changing, the reason hes adapting and the reason other western games make more money and sell more than things like MGS is because there actually..Better games than MGS?

Shocking to accept reality I know, what with that perfect score that it got here on the internets it's a pity that in the real world people can make up their on mind on what they think is better isn't it?

Sorry your gaming world is crus..wait, No I'm not. Good riddence to ya, what we don't need is silly little Elitists that think there opinion is the only one that matters, the Music world has enough of those people about..We don't need them in video games.

ps3weee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ps3weee
Member since 2006 • 1165 Posts

Quote from Kotaku

Koba123
This is great news , I liked MGS but the last MGS was a letdown Imo , it was too mutch cutscenes , I would prefer more gameplay less cutscenes... This is great news for me since i love Kojima games , I love their gameplay , if he will make a game with more focus on gameplay and with multiplayer in mind , i will be the first one to buy it
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 heretrix
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

waynehead895

well said.

YES. The control is tight and the fact that FINALLY you can see what's in front of you has made the game playable (to me anyway).I have always said that while MGS has a more exciting story, I've always enjoyed playing Splinter Cell a hell of a lot more because of the controls.And the camera in MGS 4 is a significant improvement over ALL of the past games. If the controls were a problem, then MGS 4 is a godsend. It was a very good idea to bring Ryan Payton onboard for a western perspective.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 100000
Member since 2003 • 549 Posts

How can a game destroy gaming?

That makes no sense.