Gears of war 3: All Multiplayer Maps! (Console Graphics King)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DatFish
Member since 2011 • 77 Posts
Tell me if I'm missing any. Sandbar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3QTON33FWU&feature=feedu Hotel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z8Q4ZyCOnI&feature=channel_video_title Mercy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnQyCd7HBVc&feature=channel_video_title Trash-ball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqlxNcpdcvM&feature=relmfu Trenches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoNe7pGWF1w&feature=channel_video_title Overpass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wu52O21jEE&feature=channel_video_title Old-town: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZHR8p-H4xE&feature=channel_video_title Grid-lock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2sq9PUlZRs&feature=channel_video_title Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBlYKifq3V0&feature=relmfu Dry Dock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJjk3us4uvc&feature=channel_video_title What do you think?
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#2 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

There's no such thing as console graphics king. There's only graphics king.

Depending on who you ask it's either Crysis or The Witcher 2. Some other answers are thrown out here and there every now and again.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
sand bar has alot of da foliage and surprisingly uncharted 3 and gears 3 will have a map with the same name, Dry Dock lol
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts
Is tis your 3rd account?
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DatFish
[QUOTE="eboyishere"]sand bar has alot of da foliage and surprisingly uncharted 3 and gears 3 will have a map with the same name, Dry Dock lol

Some of the voice actors are also the same.
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DatFish
Is tis your 3rd account?tonitorsi
No, just a forum stalker. Saw a post that included a mere half the available maps and took it into my own hands to finish the job.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]sand bar has alot of da foliage and surprisingly uncharted 3 and gears 3 will have a map with the same name, Dry Dock lolDatFish

really? like who?

Baxhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Baxhand
Member since 2010 • 865 Posts

For a console game with 5-year-old hardware I have to say..That looks retarded good..

I could only pray to see it on a sandy bridge and nvidia/ati top end cards..../drool

Make it happen Microsoft.

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="eboyishere"]sand bar has alot of da foliage and surprisingly uncharted 3 and gears 3 will have a map with the same name, Dry Dock lolTheGuardian03

Whoa? what ? who ?

Robin Atkin Downes voices both Minh and Atoq in the first games in both series. I'm unsure of gears 3 / uncharted 3 full cast though.

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DatFish

Depending on who you ask it's either Crysis or The Witcher 2. Some other answers are thrown out here and there every now and again.

NeonNinja
Nothing forces me to compare it PC. People constantly compare console games to other console games.
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DatFish

[QUOTE="Ironbash"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] Whoa? what ? who ?TheGuardian03

Robin Atkin Downes voices both Minh and Atoq in the first games in both series. I'm unsure of gears 3 / uncharted 3 full cast though.

Yes just googled hes in both gears 3 and uncharted 3 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0235960/

Samantha Byrne/chloe Same voice actors.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Console graphics king is like the worlds smartest termite, in the end it means nothing significant

Besides there are much better looking console games

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

NeonNinja
dude pc is pc. we are discussing CONSOLES. if we wanted to include pc then we would say graphics king amonst all gaming platforms. but this clearly says CONSOLE graphics king. no need for another pc user to come and say crysis for the 1000s time
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DatFish

Console graphics king is like the worlds smartest termite, in the end it means nothing significant

toast_burner
Once more, we're talking consoles. Not PC. Also, this is probably the most technically impressive game on consoles currently. Textures only matched by that of KZ3.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tonitorsi

toast_burner
Chyeah. Uncharted 3 being one of 'em. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRudxIusa54 I mean it'd look ugly if it gets any better looking than this. This is perfection :P
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Is tis your 3rd account?tonitorsi
try 6 or 7th account
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#19 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Looks pretty awesome, gonna have to pick gears3 up on release day I think :)

xsatyr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xsatyr86
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

tonitorsi
Chyeah. Uncharted 3 being one of 'em. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRudxIusa54 I mean it'd look ugly if it gets any better looking than this. This is perfection :P

That vid sucked.
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DatFish
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

tonitorsi

Gears of war 3 and Uncharted 3 both seem to be evenly matched when comparing textures over all between grid lock and that map. Though since it's LQ it's hard to tell. And since textures don't improve I'd say Gears is superior simply based of the beta. The lighting in the new Gears footage is probably the absolute best I've ever seen. At this point, it's really point less to compare graphics since we can't tell the differences anymore. But due to the extra development time in a non bias reasoning I'm going to assume Gears 3 is superior, and I do play Uncharted. Which I can prove.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Diviniuz

why can't you stick to one account, I just don't understand. Join the community, you are welcome here. Just don't go overboard with the amount of gears threads and follow the guidelines.

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DatFish

why can't you stick to one account, I just don't understand. Join the community, you are welcome here. Just don't go overboard with the amount of gears threads and follow the guidelines.

Diviniuz

No, just a forum stalker. Saw a post that included a mere half the available maps and took it into my own hands to finish the job.

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ironbash

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

tonitorsi

Does uncharted have 4 player coop? I think not

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DatFish

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Ironbash

In before the jump button. To each is his own in game play aspects. The'll be reviewed on polish in the criteria you're mentioning.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

DatFish

you use the same exact lines as the other users lvl 1s, the killzone 3 textures, the polish time, the unbiased line, and the extra developmental line.

Just stay on these boards, either with this account or make an account name you really love and stay. Continue making gears threads, just don't spam and update a few threads with more information. Voice your opinion, but understand others have other opinions.

I happen to like some of your gears 3 threads with some gameplay I haven't seen. Maybe make a thread called the gears of war 3 multiplayer blast sessions, and update that constantly.

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DatFish
[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

Diviniuz

you use the same exact lines as the other users lvl 1s, the killzone 3 textures, the polish time, the unbiased line, and the extra developmental line. Just stay on these boards, either with this account or make an account name you really love and stay. Continue making gears threads, just don't spam and update a few threads with more information. Voice your opinion, but understand others have other opinions. I happen to like some of your gears 3 threads with some gameplay I haven't seen. Maybe make a thread called the gears of war 3 multiplayer blast sessions, and update that constantly.

If I was that same person don't you think I would edit my post instead?
Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ironbash

[QUOTE="Ironbash"]

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"] Chyeah. Uncharted 3 being one of 'em. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRudxIusa54 I mean it'd look ugly if it gets any better looking than this. This is perfection :P DatFish

In before the jump button. To each is his own in game play aspects. The'll be reviewed on polish in the criteria you're mentioning.

In case you didn't realise, I was reffering this from a technical standpoint.

It is much, much more difficult to add 4 player coop in a game than it is to add a jump button because of the performance impacts. Gears 3 seems to have little problem in this, whereas uncharted more likely has a fair few.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"][QUOTE="DatFish"]

No, just a forum stalker. Saw a post that included a mere half the available maps and took it into my own hands to finish the job.DatFish

you use the same exact lines as the other users lvl 1s, the killzone 3 textures, the polish time, the unbiased line, and the extra developmental line. Just stay on these boards, either with this account or make an account name you really love and stay. Continue making gears threads, just don't spam and update a few threads with more information. Voice your opinion, but understand others have other opinions. I happen to like some of your gears 3 threads with some gameplay I haven't seen. Maybe make a thread called the gears of war 3 multiplayer blast sessions, and update that constantly.

really don't understand why you don't. This has to be the 4rd lvl 1 gears thread creator this week with the same exact lines and opinions.

I think you go alittle overboard with your opinion and you are opening yourself out to trolls, and then the cows just go insane, and they end up trolling you out of the threads, then from that point you can't make another thread with people taking you seriously and spam replies with like gears 3 can't jump or how gray it is and stuff. So that might be a reason why you have to make new accounts, atleast its the only reason I can see.

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DatFish

[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="Ironbash"]

Ironbash

In case you didn't realise, I was reffering this from a technical standpoint.

It is much, much more difficult to add 4 player coop in a game than it is to add a jump button because of the performance impacts. Gears 3 seems to have little problem in this, whereas uncharted more likely has a fair few.

That is a very truthful statement. I honestly have no idea how Epic is doing some of the things they're doing from a technical point of view. For instance, in horde 2.0 having 5 people crowding the screen at once during a non-scripted completely dynamic boss fight with 20-30 enemies on the map all at once on a 6 year old console with these textures almost makes them seem like they're gods.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Ironbash

I think the issue is that 4 player co-op would make no sense in the UC storyline. You can see it with gears 3 with the squad based military game. But I can't see Uncharted ever having more than 4 player co-op, it just wouldn't work in the campaign, especially with the platforming elements and puzzles. And the airplane scene just won't work with 3 other players.

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DatFish

[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="Diviniuz"] you use the same exact lines as the other users lvl 1s, the killzone 3 textures, the polish time, the unbiased line, and the extra developmental line. Just stay on these boards, either with this account or make an account name you really love and stay. Continue making gears threads, just don't spam and update a few threads with more information. Voice your opinion, but understand others have other opinions. I happen to like some of your gears 3 threads with some gameplay I haven't seen. Maybe make a thread called the gears of war 3 multiplayer blast sessions, and update that constantly. Diviniuz

really don't understand why you don't. This has to be the 4rd lvl 1 gears thread creator this week with the same exact lines and opinions.

I think you go alittle overboard with your opinion and you are opening yourself out to trolls, and then the cows just go insane, and they end up trolling you out of the threads, then from that point you can't make another thread with people taking you seriously and spam replies with like gears 3 can't jump or how gray it is and stuff. So that might be a reason why you have to make new accounts, atleast its the only reason I can see.

I honestly have no idea what you just stated. I just gave you viable evidence the reason that previous poster was not me. For one, I would've just edited my post. For two, he had fifty posts. What's the point of taking the time after making a single Gears thread to make a whole new account and imply that Gears multi-player maps are stunning. Have you ever thought that they perhaps are? Maybe people are surprised the previous underdog is competing with the master piece that is Uncharted 3.
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DatFish

[QUOTE="Ironbash"]

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"] Chyeah. Uncharted 3 being one of 'em. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRudxIusa54 I mean it'd look ugly if it gets any better looking than this. This is perfection :P Diviniuz

I think the issue is that 4 player co-op would make no sense in the UC storyline. You can see it with gears 3 with the squad based military game. But I can't see Uncharted ever having more than 4 player co-op, it just wouldn't work in the campaign, especially with the platforming elements and puzzles. And the airplane scene just won't work with 3 other players.

He's stating regardless of story line, it's not going to matter. It's still a massive technical achievement. And some thing UC3 is not doing.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Diviniuz
Have you ever thought that they perhaps are? Maybe people are surprised the previous underdog is competing with the master piece that is Uncharted 3. DatFish
extremely unlike considering after a few days each of the lvl1-3 posters completely disappear, and another new one emerges. Now if the posters had slightly different opinions, then I could see it. But the lvl 1 posters have the exact same opinions and the exact same arguments. Identical. There is no way there is this many gears of war 3 lurkers and forum stalkers in the past 30 days, all willing to post the exact same opinion.
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DatFish
[QUOTE="DatFish"] Have you ever thought that they perhaps are? Maybe people are surprised the previous underdog is competing with the master piece that is Uncharted 3. Diviniuz
extremely unlike considering after a few days each of the lvl1-3 posters completely disappear, and another new one emerges. Now if the posters had slightly different opinions, then I could see it. But the lvl 1 posters have the exact same opinions and the exact same arguments. Identical. There is no way there is this many gears of war 3 lurkers and forum stalkers in the past 30 days, all willing to post the exact same opinion.

From what I've seen it's been a couple people. I mean if it was constant, I could under stand. But once more, that person had 50+ posts; and a thread already about it. I would've simply edited it. It's not me. And really, don't you think I would've been inspected at this point and been deleted?
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Can't they just release it already...

10 days left :x

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tonitorsi
@DatFish That video presents Naughty God's latest updated engine built after the beta. Of which you can visibly & clearly tell...LQ or not...that this built looks VAST miles ahead of what was displayed in the beta graphics wise. They also said they were looking into FXSAA (what makes GeoW3 look so good) a while back in summer. Are these the results of FXSAA?. Who knows. Furthermore, there stunning pictures released of this map about 3 weeks ago and SW flat out refused to believe those were real and started calling those "bullshots" So I'm just saying, I dont imagine GeoW3 being king of anything in the coming months mayne :P
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DatFish

Lto_thaG
Yeah, some idiot already spoiled it for me.
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DatFish
[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]@DatFish That video presents Naughty God's latest updated engine built after the beta. Of which you can visibly & clearly tell...LQ or not...that this built looks VAST miles ahead of what was displayed in the beta graphics wise. They also said they were looking into FXSAA (what makes GeoW3 look so good) a while back in summer. Are these the results of FXSAA?. Who knows. Furthermore, there stunning pictures released of this map about 3 weeks ago and SW flat out refused to believe those were real and started calling those "bullshots" So I'm just saying, I dont imagine GeoW3 being king of anything in the coming months mayne :P

That particular multi-player map looks substantially better. But when I compared the new demo footage to the older build previous to the trailer it didn't look any different. I mean, I can see some lighting improvement and less jags. Gears of war 3 looks good due to substantial lighting improvements and the addition of FXAA, so you're partially correct. But it looked really nice in the beta as well.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

DatFish

He deserves to be hung.A dude spoiled The Dark Knight for me.I know that feel,bro.

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DatFish

[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

Lto_thaG

He deserves to be hung.A dude spoiled The Dark Knight for me.I know that feel,bro.

You can't hang him when he's your best friend. :P I know it sucks.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lto_thaG

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

[QUOTE="DatFish"] Yeah, some idiot already spoiled it for me.DatFish

Sure you can :o

DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DatFish

[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="Lto_thaG"] He deserves to be hung.A dude spoiled The Dark Knight for me.I know that feel,bro.

Lto_thaG

Sure you can :o

I could. But I would've done it a long time ago if I had the will.
dudegamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dudegamer12
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts
Uncharted 3 by far has the best animations and graphics I've ever seen on a console. Sorry but Uncharted 3 is console graphics king
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DatFish
[QUOTE="dudegamer12"]Uncharted 3 by far has the best animations and graphics I've ever seen on a console. Sorry but Uncharted 3 is console graphics king

I agree, the animations are superior to that of Gears. Mainly because of motion capture. Not saying Gears hasn't impressed me with its non-motion capture dynamic animations. Though I'm going to have to say Gears of war 3 is technically more impressive then Uncharted 3. And that's a no brainier from what I've seen, and I do own Uncharted 2 and a PS3.
dudegamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dudegamer12

[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="Diviniuz"] you use the same exact lines as the other users lvl 1s, the killzone 3 textures, the polish time, the unbiased line, and the extra developmental line. Just stay on these boards, either with this account or make an account name you really love and stay. Continue making gears threads, just don't spam and update a few threads with more information. Voice your opinion, but understand others have other opinions. I happen to like some of your gears 3 threads with some gameplay I haven't seen. Maybe make a thread called the gears of war 3 multiplayer blast sessions, and update that constantly. Diviniuz

Exactly. It's pretty obvious that its the same guy He's coolwraith and was that Unchartedfan guy and has been many other screen names that I'm forgetting He's the same guy over and over again that claims to be the objective fan of both games yet he will make like five Gears 3 threads a day about how Gears has a good under rated story, has the bestest graphics ever, and the most modes, and bestest gameplay in the whole wide world While he subtle bashes Uncharted for its story being over rated and generic and then will claim that Uncharted's graphics are "at the same level" of Gears yet still a notch below Gears?! Lol Lol I think its Cliffy B. Hey bro get back to making your over rated game and stop trolling
DatFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DatFish
[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]

[QUOTE="DatFish"] If I was that same person don't you think I would edit my post instead? dudegamer12

Exactly. It's pretty obvious that its the same guy He's coolwraith and was that Unchartedfan guy and has been many other screen names that I'm forgetting that he claimed to be the objective fan of both games yet he would male like five Gears 3 threads a day about how Gears has a good under rated story, has the bestest graphics ever, and the most modes and bestest gameplay ever while subtle hinting at Uncharted's story being over rated and generic and would claim that Uncharted's graphics were "at the same level" of Gears yet still a notch below Gears? Lol I think its Cliffy B. Hey bro get back to making your game and stop trolling

\\ Guy, I just stated; I have Uncharted 2. I can prove it to, and it's obvious I wouldn't bash it if I did. Because it's a great game. Also, don't you think I would've edited the previous post that was made about the multi-player maps if that was me? No. He simply didn't include the majority of them so I decided to create an account and support it being a Gears fan. Don't be so stuck up.
dudegamer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dudegamer12
[QUOTE="DatFish"][QUOTE="dudegamer12"]Uncharted 3 by far has the best animations and graphics I've ever seen on a console. Sorry but Uncharted 3 is console graphics king

I agree, the animations are superior to that of Gears. Mainly because of motion capture. Not saying Gears hasn't impressed me with its non-motion capture dynamic animations. Though I'm going to have to say Gears of war 3 is technically more impressive then Uncharted 3. And that's a no brainier from what I've seen, and I do own Uncharted 2 and a PS3.

Lol are you kidding me? Gears animations are anything but dynamic. It looks like your controlling a tank! The animations are terrible, I've seen ps2 games with better animations, but I love how you make excuses ...oh its dynamic...and Uncharted is motion capture....whaaa...lol I've seen all of Gears 3 campaign and I've seen every released single player video from Uncharted 3's campaign so far, and in my personal opinion Uncharted 3 is blowing Gears 3 away with what's it doing in the water physics from the cruise ship level and the fire in the burning building level. Uncharted 3 also looks much sharper while Gears 3 motion blur is really over done and irritating. To be honest here Gears 3 is nothing but excessive motion blur and pasted on textures And also the character models in Uncharted 3 look a lot more detailed and high poly then Gears character models. . I find Uncharted a lot more pleasing aesthetically as well and the gameplay a lot more interesting in that your playing while water from the sea realistically creeps in and begins to flood the cruise ship your on and its all happening during gameplay (some games wouldn't have been able to pull that off as a cutscene) but Naughty Dog is letting you play that cutscene And then while in gameplay the boat flips over. Just crazy! Same with the burning mansion. To be playing while realistic fire beings to consume the mansion around you while in 100% total gameplay is a real treat And the latest cargo plane footage has absolutely left me breathless. Towards the end the plane is ripping apart as you play and I've never seen anything like that before in gaming. Uncharted 3 IS the best that console gaming has to offer in graphics, animation, and cinematic gameplay that your in control of! So embrace the epicness my friend! There is a reason why Gears 3 won hardly any awards at e3 while Uncharted 3 won a metric ton of awards *sigh* but only on this fanboy forum can fanboys say that Gears 3 looks better *sigh*
Mr_Caboose007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mr_Caboose007
Member since 2011 • 175 Posts

Man that looks awesome, Great Graphics to another Great Looking installment to the Gears series. Day 1 buy for sure :)