GEARS 2 look better then uncharted 1.5....

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nisim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nisim19
Member since 2008 • 1002 Posts

uncharted 2 look like uncharted 1 with 4AA and better colors

gears 2 is way better looking but uncharted 2 have better colors

Image 32

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50666 Posts
It's not the end of the world if your game isn't the best looking out there, don't worry.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
It's not the end of the world if your game isn't the best looking out there, don't worry.Chutebox
What...what is this!? No......I never thought the day would come when I would agree with.....Chutebox :( :cry:
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
what is up with all these stupid gears2 is better than your 5 screenshot threads?! Isn't this the same crap that people did when almost all gaming sites said Uncharted was the best looking game on consoles and people still were fighting saying TEH BYHAIZ GEARZ ARE BETTER! Wait for the full game to come out before making these silly comparisons.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
I agree with you Gears 2 does look better. I do not understand why so many PS3 fans are trying to act like U2 is so much more then it really is.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Nah, i have a strong feeling once again the Uncharted series will be superior to the Geow series in terms of visuals....

Uncharted was better than Geow, and the story will be the same with the sequels...

Its hard for non PS3 owners to admit it but i played all 3 games (Geow1&2 and Uncharted) so far and judging by the vid + pics taken from Uncharted2, none are on the same level... Uncharted2 will most probably be the best looking game on PS3 & other consoles once released... (oohh keeping in mind KZ2 & probably GOW3 will be on the same level)

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
I agree with you Gears 2 does look better. I do not understand why so many PS3 fans are trying to act like U2 is so much more then it really is.rybe1025
Yea, it's only Ps3 fans. That's right...
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
And MGS4 looks better than Gears 2. See, now we're back to square one.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chutebox
And MGS4 looks better than Gears 2. See, now we're back to square one.metalgear-solid
+1 And let me add a lol to that!
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rybe1025
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]I agree with you Gears 2 does look better. I do not understand why so many PS3 fans are trying to act like U2 is so much more then it really is.Chutebox

Well at least you agree.
Nisim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nisim19
Member since 2008 • 1002 Posts
what is up with all these stupid gears2 is better than your 5 screenshot threads?! Isn't this the same crap that people did when almost all gaming sites said Uncharted was the best looking game on consoles and people still were fighting saying TEH BYHAIZ GEARZ ARE BETTER! Wait for the full game to come out before making these silly comparisons.hiryu3
lol they say this when UNCHARTED 1 reviewd last year and this year the reviews said that gears 2 is the best looking game in console
HavenlyHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 HavenlyHunter
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
not everyone like gow graphic
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rybe1025
TC you just have to understand the 360 is doing better at everything compared to the PS3 so some PS3 fans are just trying to latch onto anything they can. Of the two the 360 has the best hardware sales, best software sales, better game library more AAA, AA, and A games, heck more games just in general, more diverse library, better software attach rate, cost far better, even MS is a better run company just look at the economic troubles of Sony. So with all that kind of stuff many Sony fans try to claim every exclusive they have as the graphics king because there is no way to prove what one is as fact.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hiryu3
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]what is up with all these stupid gears2 is better than your 5 screenshot threads?! Isn't this the same crap that people did when almost all gaming sites said Uncharted was the best looking game on consoles and people still were fighting saying TEH BYHAIZ GEARZ ARE BETTER! Wait for the full game to come out before making these silly comparisons.Nisim19
lol they say this when UNCHARTED 1 reviewd last year and this year the reviews said that gears 2 is the best looking game in console

really so when did Uncharted 2 come out on consoles? Is it at Wal-Mart where they are slashing prices left and right? Again lets wait until both games are out to do a comparison. Even though Geow2 didn't win best graphics yet on any review sites we can still say it has the best... oh wait.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]I agree with you Gears 2 does look better. I do not understand why so many PS3 fans are trying to act like U2 is so much more then it really is.rybe1025

Well at least you agree.

Your sarcasm detector is being blocked by your 360 lover goggles, rybe.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rybe1025
[QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Yea, it's only Ps3 fans. That's right...

Well at least you agree.

Your sarcasm detector is being blocked by your 360 lover goggles, rybe.

Naw I knew he was being sarcastic by why bother arguing it
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
TC you just have to understand the 360 is doing better at everything compared to the PS3 so some PS3 fans are just trying to latch onto anything they can. Of the two the 360 has the best hardware sales, best software sales, better game library more AAA, AA, and A games, heck more games just in general, more diverse library, better software attach rate, cost far better, even MS is a better run company just look at the economic troubles of Sony. So with all that kind of stuff many Sony fans try to claim every exclusive they have as the graphics king because there is no way to prove what one is as fact.rybe1025
Are you for real dude, seriously? Here's a thought since I don't think you detected my sacrasm earlier, people just honestly think Uncharted looks better! Gasp! I can promise you many people who have and enjoy all consoles, like myself, think Uncharted looks better. They don't have to be Ps3 fans, my Lord.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hiryu3
TC you just have to understand the 360 is doing better at everything compared to the PS3 so some PS3 fans are just trying to latch onto anything they can. Of the two the 360 has the best hardware sales, best software sales, better game library more AAA, AA, and A games, heck more games just in general, more diverse library, better software attach rate, cost far better, even MS is a better run company just look at the economic troubles of Sony. So with all that kind of stuff many Sony fans try to claim every exclusive they have as the graphics king because there is no way to prove what one is as fact.rybe1025
Wait a minute, you think this is a PS3 fan issue? How about, this is a common sense issue, the game ain't out yet to compare. This has nothing to do with a better ran company or money or whatever else you listed. The game is not out to compare. I can say the same thing of certain 360 fans getting desperate claiming ownage on a product that ain't out yet! Look my 20/5 FIOS connection is more reliable and cost effective than the tertapath ISP that hasn't came out yet. See I can do the same irrational & ignorant thing too.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="hiryu3"]what is up with all these stupid gears2 is better than your 5 screenshot threads?! Isn't this the same crap that people did when almost all gaming sites said Uncharted was the best looking game on consoles and people still were fighting saying TEH BYHAIZ GEARZ ARE BETTER! Wait for the full game to come out before making these silly comparisons.Nisim19

probably because Geow2 looks better than Uncharted 1..... i still think its not, but obviously professional people in the gaming industry if they state Geow2 is currently the best looking game then i have to agree with them but keep my personal opinion/taste in gaming...

Last year the media also stated that Uncharted 1 is the best looking game on consoles but fans didnt accept it and still wanted to believe Geow1 was the best looking game... same thing will happen next year, and already started with PS3 haters claiming RE5 is the console graphics king since its the only game for which we currently have seen vids / details available for 360... its damage control at its best since the media is already stating how beautiful KZ2 is shaping up...

I own both consoles and enjoy both of them, but in all honesty Geow2's visuals are way overrated by fans... Did fanboys forget how they bashed MGSIV for its low-rez textures yet they praise Geow2 for its visuals when it has much more low-rex textures than MGSIV... Geow2 got great scores but it didnt deserve them in my opinion since games such as SOCOM were heavily criticised for its online probs, and GEOW2 relies heavily (repeat HEAVILY) on its online aspect and once released everyone knows how bad its online was (still is) but for no apparent reason, reviewers didnt mention or deduct points for such problem...

I expected Geow2 to have bigger levels, better story/characters and an amazing online... visually it looks great but not amazing, but storywise & character development it didnt deliver and its online (expection of HORDE MODE) is horrible with all the time it takes to get in a game...

Its about time that people realise that Geow2's many faults are not being considered purely cause of the huge hype and many fans which are just crazy about the series... (i am a huge fan of the series but i still feel like EPIC should have delivered a much better game)

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rybe1025
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]TC you just have to understand the 360 is doing better at everything compared to the PS3 so some PS3 fans are just trying to latch onto anything they can. Of the two the 360 has the best hardware sales, best software sales, better game library more AAA, AA, and A games, heck more games just in general, more diverse library, better software attach rate, cost far better, even MS is a better run company just look at the economic troubles of Sony. So with all that kind of stuff many Sony fans try to claim every exclusive they have as the graphics king because there is no way to prove what one is as fact.hiryu3
Wait a minute, you think this is a PS3 fan issue? How about, this is a common sense issue, the game ain't out yet to compare. This has nothing to do with a better ran company or money or whatever else you listed. The game is not out to compare. I can say the same thing of certain 360 fans getting desperate claiming ownage on a product that ain't out yet! Look my 20/5 FIOS connection is more reliable and cost effective than the tertapath ISP that hasn't came out yet. See I can do the same irrational & ignorant thing too.

So the game is not out but you also do not mention how many PS3 fans are making threads about how this is the graphics king. Also take for example KZ2 threads saying it is the graphics king or RE5 also has it share of threads.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="hiryu3"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]TC you just have to understand the 360 is doing better at everything compared to the PS3 so some PS3 fans are just trying to latch onto anything they can. Of the two the 360 has the best hardware sales, best software sales, better game library more AAA, AA, and A games, heck more games just in general, more diverse library, better software attach rate, cost far better, even MS is a better run company just look at the economic troubles of Sony. So with all that kind of stuff many Sony fans try to claim every exclusive they have as the graphics king because there is no way to prove what one is as fact.rybe1025

So the game is not out but you also do not mention how many PS3 fans are making threads about how this is the graphics king. Also take for example KZ2 threads saying it is the graphics king or RE5 also.

Im with you on Uncharted2 but not the KZ2 and RE5 part. Take off your X360 goggles and read the countless reviews which clearly state that KZ2 is the best looking game on consoles at this point in time. And yes, people have played the Beta and said it looks amazing! As for RE5, although I dont think its the graphics king, there is a demo out and it looks fantastic.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

You're comparing 2 in game GeoW 2 screenshots to like 6 bullshots from the Uncharted series? Sorry, what? I guess people don't really understand the concept of comparison. The idea is you take a set number of shots from each game, doing something very similar (e.g. Looking at a tree), running at the same resolution, and then you compare the two. You don't just take a couple of screenies, shove them in a thread and say, "OMG this looks better!". Regardless I still thought the orignal Uncharted looked better than GeoW 2 (Foilage was quite impressive in Uncharted. GeoW 2 felt a bit bland in comparison. Only really 2 or 3 stunning moments. Technically speaking, I don't really know, but I do know that superior foilage is difficult to pull off. But it's an unfair comparison because Uncharted would have been running at a much higher resolution in relation to screen size.) having played both. I'm sure Uncharted 2 will look even better, and that will be something to see.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
megaman 9 has better textures tho
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rybe1025
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="hiryu3"] Wait a minute, you think this is a PS3 fan issue? How about, this is a common sense issue, the game ain't out yet to compare. This has nothing to do with a better ran company or money or whatever else you listed. The game is not out to compare. I can say the same thing of certain 360 fans getting desperate claiming ownage on a product that ain't out yet! Look my 20/5 FIOS connection is more reliable and cost effective than the tertapath ISP that hasn't came out yet. See I can do the same irrational & ignorant thing too.II_Seraphim_II
So the game is not out but you also do not mention how many PS3 fans are making threads about how this is the graphics king. Also take for example KZ2 threads saying it is the graphics king or RE5 also.

Im with you on Uncharted2 but not the KZ2 and RE5 part. Take off your X360 goggles and read the countless reviews which clearly state that KZ2 is the best looking game on consoles at this point in time. And yes, people have played the Beta and said it looks amazing! As for RE5, although I dont think its the graphics king, there is a demo out and it looks fantastic.

I am not complaining that the threads are made. Maybe I missread what the one person posted. I think he was trying to say this thread should have never been made since it was comparing against a unrelealed game. I was just saying these threads are made rather often about unreleased games. I was not saying KZ2 or RE5 graphics were not good.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]So the game is not out but you also do not mention how many PS3 fans are making threads about how this is the graphics king. Also take for example KZ2 threads saying it is the graphics king or RE5 also. rybe1025

I am not complaining that the threads are made. Maybe I missread what the one person posted. I think he was trying to say this thread should have never been made since it was comparing against a unrealised game. I was just saying these threads are made rather often about unreleased games. I was not saying KZ2 or RE5 graphics were not good.

Ah ok, then I agree with you there. In fact I like these threads, because more often than not someone will post up a screenshot I hadnt seen before :D
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I doubt Uncharted 1.5 will see any graphical improvements at all from now until the time of release. In this case, I think it's fine to compare a finished game to a game that's only halfway through development. So yeah, let's officially say Gears of war 2 looks better.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
Since when did uncharted 2 come out? oh wait, silly people comparing early screen shots to final games....i see. gsus!
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WasntAvailable

I doubt Uncharted 1.5 will see any graphical improvements at all from now until the time of release. In this case, I think it's fine to compare a finished game to a game that's only halfway through development. So yeah, let's officially say Gears of war 2 looks better.Floppy_Jim

Oh oh! It's sarcasm! Quick hide before he starts to backward insult us!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
I doubt Uncharted 1.5 will see any graphical improvements at all from now until the time of release. In this case, I think it's fine to compare a finished game to a game that's only halfway through development. So yeah, let's officially say Gears of war 2 looks better.Floppy_Jim
Your sarcastic side is your best lol. I love it.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WasntAvailable

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]I doubt Uncharted 1.5 will see any graphical improvements at all from now until the time of release. In this case, I think it's fine to compare a finished game to a game that's only halfway through development. So yeah, let's officially say Gears of war 2 looks better.Chutebox
Your sarcastic side is your best lol. I love it.

I don't even know if that's not sarcastic. I think it's great too. (Isn't I love it a code phrase?)

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
No, Cows just realised how stupid their Gears 1.5 comments were. I wouldn't even call it Uncharted 1.5, more like 1.2.
zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts
Please don't say things you'll regret later...the U3 engine is maxed out today,while others, such as the Uncharted engine or the farcry2 engine are new and will improve HEAVILY in the future . What's so incredible about Gears 2 engine ? Everything is static !!! The destructability is a laugh, and the physics are a joke . Yes, the textures are beautiful but everything is a PAINTING !!!
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Ya know Gears 2 was once referred to as 1.5. It really doesn't matter anymore if you ask me. Most games look great and graphics are just the outside its whats inside that counts.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
The gears 1 and uncharted 1 argument is still on debait. A winner was never chosen of which looks better and one will never be chosen. ITs going to happen once uncharted 2 comes out.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
No, Cows just realised how stupid their Gears 1.5 comments were. I wouldn't even call it Uncharted 1.5, more like 1.2.EuroMafia
So I take it you choose NOT to learn a lesson from the cows eh? Instead you want to make the same mistake they did?
longshotgir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 longshotgir
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]TC you just have to understand the 360 is doing better at everything compared to the PS3 so some PS3 fans are just trying to latch onto anything they can. Of the two the 360 has the best hardware sales, best software sales, better game library more AAA, AA, and A games, heck more games just in general, more diverse library, better software attach rate, cost far better, even MS is a better run company just look at the economic troubles of Sony. So with all that kind of stuff many Sony fans try to claim every exclusive they have as the graphics king because there is no way to prove what one is as fact.Chutebox
Are you for real dude, seriously? Here's a thought since I don't think you detected my sacrasm earlier, people just honestly think Uncharted looks better! Gasp! I can promise you many people who have and enjoy all consoles, like myself, think Uncharted looks better. They don't have to be Ps3 fans, my Lord.

I have and enjoy all consoles and still think Gears 2 looks better, stop generalizing people justb ecause it's your opinion and you happen to own both consoles.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]No, Cows just realised how stupid their Gears 1.5 comments were. I wouldn't even call it Uncharted 1.5, more like 1.2.Bread_or_Decide
So I take it you choose NOT to learn a lesson from the cows eh? Instead you want to make the same mistake they did?

Of course, this is System Wars after all.
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WasntAvailable

[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]No, Cows just realised how stupid their Gears 1.5 comments were. I wouldn't even call it Uncharted 1.5, more like 1.2.finalfantasy94

Gears 2 is gears 1.5 and uncharted will most likely be the same.

No Gears 2 is Gears 2. It is the game that came after the predessecor, and is there for the sequel. Numero dos. This 1.5 crap is just fanboyism.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]TC you just have to understand the 360 is doing better at everything compared to the PS3 so some PS3 fans are just trying to latch onto anything they can. Of the two the 360 has the best hardware sales, best software sales, better game library more AAA, AA, and A games, heck more games just in general, more diverse library, better software attach rate, cost far better, even MS is a better run company just look at the economic troubles of Sony. So with all that kind of stuff many Sony fans try to claim every exclusive they have as the graphics king because there is no way to prove what one is as fact.longshotgir

I have and enjoy all consoles and still think Gears 2 looks better, stop generalizing people justb ecause it's your opinion and you happen to own both consoles.

What am I generalizing exactly? I think you missed my point.
longshotgir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 longshotgir
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="longshotgir"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Are you for real dude, seriously? Here's a thought since I don't think you detected my sacrasm earlier, people just honestly think Uncharted looks better! Gasp! I can promise you many people who have and enjoy all consoles, like myself, think Uncharted looks better. They don't have to be Ps3 fans, my Lord.Chutebox

Sorry i didn't read *many*, i thought you said all people who own all consoles. My mistake.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="longshotgir"] I have and enjoy all consoles and still think Gears 2 looks better, stop generalizing people justb ecause it's your opinion and you happen to own both consoles.longshotgir

Sorry i didn't read *many*, i thought you said all people who own all consoles. My mistake.

No prob, I had to reread what I said a few times to make sure I said it right lol.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts
you do know that gears 2 was called 1.5 as well lol :roll: System wars is the perfect circle
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
It's not the end of the world if your game isn't the best looking out there, don't worry.Chutebox
Chutebox if you didn't provide me hours of painstakingly funny at work i'd murder someone, but to the TC you also need to know uncharted is almost a full year away, how can you say a complete game looks better than an unfinished one, it's like saying the movie that I am watching is meh, but only because I didn't finish it.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Both gears of war 2 and uncharted 2 look good
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

ahahahaha....cows deserve this! :P

actually its true ;)

Gerdeman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gerdeman15
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts
they look basically the same....unless you are a fanboy
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts
Hooray for a game that isn't even finished!
DarkStar4565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DarkStar4565
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]what is up with all these stupid gears2 is better than your 5 screenshot threads?! Isn't this the same crap that people did when almost all gaming sites said Uncharted was the best looking game on consoles and people still were fighting saying TEH BYHAIZ GEARZ ARE BETTER! Wait for the full game to come out before making these silly comparisons.

agreed