Gearbox confirmed bulletstorm 2 will release.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24960 Posts

Sauce

here is probably gonna be an option for a Bulletstorm 2 following this

so remaster version is basically to fund the sequel. make sense. first game was kinda ok. but i hope new game improve alot. have jumping, no sprint or regen health or iron sight and more in a line of Doom like old school.

I really hope they will improve it. considering Epic the gears of war developer are no longer working on it and only peoples can fly the painkiller developers are working on. it can be lot better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

Bulletstorm was ok, characters were annoying assholes, had pointless iron-sights like Shadow Warrior, but it was ok.

Gearbox writers seem to think making something quirky and having them shout like morons is comedy gold. Hopefully they don't make it worse.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I loved the over the top characters and one liners.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Bulletstorm was ok, characters were annoying assholes, had pointless iron-sights like Shadow Warrior, but it was ok.

Gearbox writers seem to think making something quirky and having them shout like morons is comedy gold. Hopefully they don't make it worse.

gearbox are only publishing it. yeah i agree it was just ok. nothing special. but better than likes of wolfenstien new order.

but dialouges are just so terrible. absolutely terrible.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

Well, unless People Can Fly are making it, I see no reason to get excited. Plus, I'm boycotting Gearbox as long as I can hold out, I'm still pissed about Randy Pitchford spending all Sega's money to make and profit off of Borderlands 1 & 2, Duke Nukem, Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway, then using the remainder of the funds to hire a shitty third party studio to slap-dash a finished project to fulfill the contract. They got $60 million but only used $10 million of it for the actual game. Sega should have sued them instead of releasing it, that's on them, but that alone doesn't vindicate Randy Pitchford as much as he thinks it does. Anyhow, I'd love to play the latest port of this, but I'm at least waiting until $20 or less.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

cant be worse than prey or doom

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Liked the game, and we needed a second one based on that ending if I recall correctly

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@FastRobby said:

Liked the game, and we needed a second one based on that ending if I recall correctly

Epic cancelled sequel because first game didnot sold. now people can fly bought the ip they are making sequel.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Well, unless People Can Fly are making it, I see no reason to get excited. Plus, I'm boycotting Gearbox as long as I can hold out, I'm still pissed about Randy Pitchford spending all Sega's money to make and profit off of Borderlands 1 & 2, Duke Nukem, Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway, then using the remainder of the funds to hire a shitty third party studio to slap-dash a finished project to fulfill the contract. They got $60 million but only used $10 million of it for the actual game. Sega should have sued them instead of releasing it, that's on them, but that alone doesn't vindicate Randy Pitchford as much as he thinks it does. Anyhow, I'd love to play the latest port of this, but I'm at least waiting until $20 or less.

People can fly are indeed working with Gearbox :)

I fcking loved Bulletstorm, it was a really enjoyable, pleasantly twisted shooter.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I like Bulletstorm. It has a lot of character and personality. I don't particularly care for the scoring system in the game because I don't like visual indicators popping up all the time in games (kills immersion). However, the gameplay is fun with the energy leash and various weapons. This game definitely deserves a sequel.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I fcking loved Bulletstorm, it was a really enjoyable, pleasantly twisted shooter.

I loved it too, People Can Fly are very talented, and I think they did a great job on Bulletstorm. Heck, I think they did a better Gears of War game than Epic did on Gears of War 3, despite what everyone says, Epic botched it with the introduction of Lambent, and they ruined Horde mode. People Can Fly did right to forget that bullshit like it never happened. I fully support them, but I hate Gearbox, so I'm conflicted a bit. I probably won't be hating so much I'll skip on Bulletstorm 2, but I surely am not paying top dollar to replay this anytime soon. I'd of been fine with it showing up on XB1 BC and just getting that digitally. Sure, it was a good $60 well spent a few years ago, but not worth that for a double dip. Yeah, for that, I'll wait until it's on sale, which I hope won't take long. I mean, they're already discounting pre-orders, so hopefully it won't be long.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter

@ghosts4ever: Wolfenstein was great, you have horrible taste.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@vfighter said:

its a shoddy consolized FPS with too many cutscene and scripted events. not good game.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

I really liked it. I'm down for a sequel

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VFighter

@ghosts4ever: I'll believe you once you get some actual taste in games lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: I'll believe you once you get some actual taste in games lol.

I have high standard in video games my friend and i respect your opinion.

Its not easy to impress me. the COD clones consolized FPS are not my cup of tea.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@lamprey263 said:

Same here, I enjoy the hell out of Bulletstorm but those characters in that game curse like crazy cause they kept saying things like, I'm gonna Bitch you up and it's like some kind of kids came up with that stuff and they need to tone it down but I will admit it was funny and stupid at the same time however. I'm all in for Bulletstorm 2 but I didn't bother looking into getting the remaster version but I'll think about it since I wnjoy doing crazy combos.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

its a shoddy consolized FPS with too many cutscene and scripted events. not good game.

I've always respected you, even more than jg4xchamp who's posts are very big. However, your love of Doom, a clear console port that betrayed much of pc gaming casts a huge shadow of hypocrisy on an otherwise untrammeled reputation.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Looking forward to the remastered version.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

I've always respected you, even more than jg4xchamp who's posts are very big. However, your love of Doom, a clear console port that betrayed much of pc gaming casts a huge shadow of hypocrisy on an otherwise untrammeled reputation.

but you didnot understand Doom at all. its just more redefine version of old Doom and better than serious sam, painkiller or any other wanna be old school games with no level design at all.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

but you didnot understand Doom at all. its just more redefine version of old Doom and better than serious sam, painkiller or any other wanna be old school games with no level design at all.

You've always been one of the few real pc gamers on this board, but the words come across as increasingly hollow. A desperate bid to validate a bastardized console port.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

You've always been one of the few real pc gamers on this board, but the words come across as increasingly hollow. A desperate bid to validate a bastardized console port.

painkiller, enemy only running at you

serious sam. wanna be old school game which has no level design and pacing at all. watch GGGmanlives video about serious sam 3. Doom shits all over these wannabe old school games.

you just hate new id software my friend thats why you didnot try new Doom.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

painkiller, enemy only running at you

serious sam. wanna be old school game which has no level design and pacing at all. watch GGGmanlives video about serious sam 3. Doom shits all over these wannabe old school games.

you just hate new id software my friend thats why you didnot try new Doom.

GGGmanlives praise Wolfenstien The New Order and think Halflife 2 too hard.

Pretend expert.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

were ppl really asking for another one?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Pretend expert.

I cant understand how come you like hard reset and serious sam but not like Doom. Doom is just better version of them with much better game design and shooting.

gggman never call new order old school but i dont agree with him about that game too.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Pretend expert.

I cant understand how come you like hard reset and serious sam but not like Doom. Doom is just better version of them with much better game design and shooting.

gggman never call new order old school but i dont agree with him about that game too.

Hard Reset/Serious Sam/Shadow Warrior are not old school shooters. They have old school elements, but they are essenailly Painkiller style games. Go into area, kill things, move on.

Shadow Warrior sort of ok, since nobody really give shit about Shadow Warrior in first place. Doom pc granddaddy, mods, netplay, map making e.t.c... Now even map making made for Xbox gamers,. disgusting as hell.

New Order seem to get praise as some sort of great reinvention, RTCW great invention, badass game with sexy nazi, New Order Call OF Duty, actually, even worse. Original Call Of Duty let you play game more and didn't have wanky mini games.

Gamespot reviewer claim Ghost Recon Wildlands like old Ghost Recon game, not real gamers, clueless.

All in all, a massive disgrace.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter

@lawlessx: I was, had a blast with the first bulletstorm on the ps3. Fun kills, over the top entertaining story and characters that didn't take themselves seriously at all, it was great fun. We need more of that in gaming imo.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@lawlessx said:

were ppl really asking for another one?

I was, the last Bulletstorm game really left a cliffhanger and I wanted to find out what happen to Grayson, Ishi, & Serrano. I really ask for Bulletstorm 2 for a very long time.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

"probably gonna be an option" = "definitely will release", lol. Good trolling.

Bulletstorm was fun. Played through, enjoyed the silliness and scoring ("Fire hole!", I believe, when shooting a flaming bullet into someone's ass? Says it all really!), but wouldn't expect a sequel. It's a one and done type game.

@davillain- said:

Grayson, Ishi, & Serrano.

It is nothing short of heroic that you can remember character names. Couldn't even tell you whose the main one haha

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#30 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Anyone remember when the 360 demo dropped and it challenged you to compete with your friends to get the highest score? musicalmac remembers.

I didn't win. Because it wasn't all that fun.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Awesome very fun game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

Never played the first...lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44301 Posts

I really enjoy Bulletstorm and will be picking up the Full Clip Edition. Very happy to see a sequel happening.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Sauce

here is probably gonna be an option for a Bulletstorm 2 following this

so remaster version is basically to fund the sequel. make sense. first game was kinda ok. but i hope new game improve alot. have jumping, no sprint or regen health or iron sight and more in a line of Doom like old school.

I really hope they will improve it. considering Epic the gears of war developer are no longer working on it and only peoples can fly the painkiller developers are working on. it can be lot better.

Plan to pick up Full Clip Edition. Duke is for nostalgia and less political correctness one liners.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I really wasn't a big fan of the first Bulletstorm. I thought much of it's "kill with skill" combo stuff actually got extremely repetitive, with all the conveniently pasted brutality kiosks through out the game.

It was a flashy game but otherwise I thought it was a very generic shooter.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I liked Bulletstorm. But, it's the most linear FPS I've ever played. It sucks when I enter a room only to find out my resupply was in the previous room and is now blocked off with me running low on ammo.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Call me childish but the writing in Bulletstorm was straight up hilarious.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VFighter

@Juub1990: Same here, had me rolling a few times.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Gearbox is an instant no buy.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Are you legitmately challenged mentally? I'm asking this seriously. It seems you want every damn game to be a DOOM clone. Why the hell would you want this game to be more like DOOM? You already have DOOM.

Why would they remove the ability to sprint?

I agree health regen sucks.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Lmao another game for you to hate.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Juub1990: Call me childish but the writing in Bulletstorm was straight up hilarious"

Great man is a man that in old age keeps the heart of a child.

It was a fun game. Why more games should be Doom, and water down Doom is beyond logical thought.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Meh, Gearbox are trash.

Even if they bring in People Can Fly, those guys know how to make fun guns and good looking gore, but have no idea how to make a good game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

The Echoes mode in the first game is genuinely fun, if the environments were more elaborate and better suited for the skill kills, and they had some more inventive mechanics to chain it all together the game could be legit as ****. Conceptually I love the idea of Bulletstorm, it's Devil May Cry the FPS, and that's badass. When the demo for this game came out, me and a few buddies had a genuine blast besting each other on the leaderboards.

Then we all got the game, and the campaign was nothing like that. Instead it had to go through this routine of being any other fps for the largest stretch.