GamesRadar weighs in on Ninja Gaiden 2.

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Link.

You'll love

* Gory, slice and dice combat
* Easy-access sub-menu
* Punishing difficulty makes victory that much sweeter

You'll hate

* Horrible camera that gets stuck behind things
* Lousy level graphics that don't jibe with the pretty-looking gore
* Punishing difficulty makes victory nigh-impossible

teh flop is strong with this one.

primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 primetime2121
Member since 2004 • 3953 Posts

Link.

You'll love

* Easy-access sub-menu

You'll hate

Dreams-Visions

who is Gamesradar ??

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dreams-Visions
a site that's been reviewing games for many, many years.
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts
dont give a **** im still buying it, camera diddnt stop me from playing the others, and the difficulty is why i loved the original, this is like giving MGS4 a 7 for having a long story.... cant wait for NG2
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
Ouch... doesn't look good. When is this game out? Maybe they still have time to fix the problems. It'd be a shame after the last one was so good.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Heh... still a good score I guess...
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 primetime2121

a site that's been reviewing games for many, many years.Dreams-Visions

and yet an avid gamer like me has never heard of them

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dreams-Visions
Ouch... doesn't look good. When is this game out? Maybe they still have time to fix the problems. It'd be a shame after the last one was so good.Zhengi
~2 weeks. the game undoubtedly has gone to mass-production at this point. unless there was an issue with their review copy, the AAA lemming dreams are gone.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts
I BET the "punishing difficulty" will take points off of the game, at least 10 points off of a 100 point scale. If the game is anything like the first one, then man...I don't see anyone, except the truest of the true, the hardest of the hard hardcore gamers will complete this game. Now I did got 100% completion on the original NG twice on my Xbox....But when it came to replay the game again for my X360.....Umm......Yea........i never did...The "Punishing Difficulty" of the game gave me second thoughts.....I sold the game. the only one on my Xbox collection to not survive to the X360.
LordoftheVacas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LordoftheVacas
Member since 2008 • 718 Posts
gameradars doesnt count here,and wait... the game sucks because he sucks at playing the game?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dreams-Visions

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]a site that's been reviewing games for many, many years.primetime2121

maybe you should get around more, then. because they're far from new and far from obscure.

dont give a **** im still buying it, camera diddnt stop me from playing the others, and the difficulty is why i loved the original, this is like giving MGS4 a 7 for having a long story.... cant wait for NG2jeezers

Agree.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dreams-Visions
gameradars doesnt count here,and wait... the game sucks because he sucks at playing the game?LordoftheVacas
that's what most n00bs will say. :)
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="Zhengi"]Ouch... doesn't look good. When is this game out? Maybe they still have time to fix the problems. It'd be a shame after the last one was so good.Dreams-Visions
~2 weeks. the game undoubtedly has gone to mass-production at this point. unless there was an issue with their review copy, the AAA lemming dreams are gone.

8.7 on IGN is bad now? damn..i really have to get with the times dont i.
primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 primetime2121
[QUOTE="primetime2121"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]a site that's been reviewing games for many, many years.Dreams-Visions

maybe you should get around more, then. because they're far from new and far from obscure.

dont give a **** im still buying it, camera diddnt stop me from playing the others, and the difficulty is why i loved the original, this is like giving MGS4 a 7 for having a long story.... cant wait for NG2jeezers

Agree.

and you do know EGM gave NG2 a AAA rating ?? so who cares about Gamesradar...its not like a mass amount of people buy games or not based on gamesradar reviews

Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]a site that's been reviewing games for many, many years.primetime2121

No offense but don't hold yourself so high in regard if you don't know a certain gaming site. It's alright.

On topic: Wasn't expecting such low scores. Good scores but I thought there'd be scores in the nine range.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Flop ahoy.
RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
Is it difficult in the "it's really hard, but it's awesome when you master the combat" way or is it "this is so hard because it's cheap"? It's understandable to complain if it's the latter, but if it's the former, then tough ****.
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
this is pretty much what i read in the review: too hard, too hard, lots of blood, too hard, too hard, camera issues, too hard, too hard, too hard. the guy pretty much just repeated over and over again that the game was too hard for him. they should have gotten someone who at least beat NGB on very hard.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts
Is it difficult in the "it's really hard, but it's awesome when you master the combat" way or is it "this is so hard because it's cheap"? It's understandable to complain if it's the latter, but if it's the former, then tough ****.RobbieH1234

From reading the article, it's the latter.
RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RobbieH1234
[QUOTE="RobbieH1234"]Is it difficult in the "it's really hard, but it's awesome when you master the combat" way or is it "this is so hard because it's cheap"? It's understandable to complain if it's the latter, but if it's the former, then tough ****.Taalon

Well then, I can't complain about that. If the camera is as bad as it seems, the story is apparently worse than the original, the graphics aren't that great and it's difficult in that cheap way, then a 7 seems pretty justified.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Taalon
[QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="RobbieH1234"]Is it difficult in the "it's really hard, but it's awesome when you master the combat" way or is it "this is so hard because it's cheap"? It's understandable to complain if it's the latter, but if it's the former, then tough ****.RobbieH1234

Well then, I can't complain about that. If the camera is as bad as it seems, the story is apparently worse than the original, the graphics aren't that great and it's difficult in that cheap way, then a 7 seems pretty justified.

They also said the frame rate was quite frustrating. A mixture of those resulted in the 7. Fair enough, although a 7 seems a bit harsh.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dreams-Visions

TeamXbox Founder/Admin says:

We didn't post a review yet because there were some load time and framerate issues with the review build discs. We decided it would be best to wait for a retail build to see if these issues were in fact isolated to the review discs only in order to give the game a more reflective overall review.

I guess other sites just decided to go ahead with their reviews without worrying about it...Shockwave

Link

Looks like anything can happen with the GameSpot review as there really may have been a problem with the discs.

Cows, you all might want to sit back and wait until that GS review. Save yourselves from potential self-ownage.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RobbieH1234

[QUOTE="RobbieH1234"][QUOTE="Taalon"][QUOTE="RobbieH1234"]Is it difficult in the "it's really hard, but it's awesome when you master the combat" way or is it "this is so hard because it's cheap"? It's understandable to complain if it's the latter, but if it's the former, then tough ****.Taalon

They also said the frame rate was quite frustrating. A mixture of those resulted in the 7. Fair enough, although a 7 seems a bit harsh.

I've read through the IGN review, and it says:

"Even the lowest level will pose a challenge for the amateur gamer -- this is still very much a game for those willing to invest time into it -- but the learning curve is friendlier at the bottom this go around."

"Most of the bosses have had the "cheese" factor turned down a notch. There's nothing as unforgiving as Alma was the first time you met that witch in Ninja Gaiden. Even on the harder of the two starting difficulties, most bosses can simply be overpowered by an onslaught of attacks."

"the game is most often rewarding in its challenge. Rarely do you feel as if the game is cheap -- you simply aren't good enough yet and the game's relentless artificial intelligence and swarming enemies are letting you know."

It seems like the GamesRadar guy just isn't good enough at it. If it has a difficulty level that's easier than the original, I don't see how it can have points docked, even for the odd (according to IGN) unfair moment. GameSpot's review should be interesting.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dreams-Visions

More from the TXB Founder/Admin:

Dale is reviewing it. I have no idea what he was thinking score wise. All I know is Friday we got word that the retail version didn't have the same issues the review builds did, so Saturday there was discussion on holding the review until this could be verified/checked out. So that's what we've done.

So we are hoping to land a retail build ASAP so we can post our review in the next couple days. Sorry for the delay, but we didn't feel it would be just to rush to post ASAP without being able to say with certainty whether or not there was in fact issues with the framerate/load times...

We also didn't think it made any sense to review/score the game and just hope that it would be fixed or to take away from it without checking...Shockwave

Link

I highly recommend Cows cease and desist until more is known about this brewing controversey.

I however, will continue to eat my popcorn.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
it was basically 3 pages of :cry: this game is way too hard :cry: so basically... im gonna love it :D
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
The game was to hard for the reviewer so he flopped it.... riiight
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#28 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

it was basically 3 pages of :cry: this game is way too hard :cry: so basically... im gonna love it :DSilenthps

My thoughts exactly. ;)

bearbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bearbones
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

they should have gotten someone who at least beat NGB on very hard.dooly420

Why?

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RobbieH1234
it was basically 3 pages of :cry: this game is way too hard :cry: so basically... im gonna love it :DSilenthps
This is how the review went: intro, story, combat, combat, it's too hard, it's too hard, it's too hard, it's too hard, camera/graphics, it's too hard, it's too hard, it's too hard, it's too hard.
jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jeezers

[QUOTE="dooly420"]they should have gotten someone who at least beat NGB on very hard.bearbones

Why?

because anyone somewhat new to NG , will get their ass handed to them.

bearbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bearbones
[QUOTE="bearbones"]

[QUOTE="dooly420"]they should have gotten someone who at least beat NGB on very hard.jeezers

Why?

Exactly. It's "anyone somewhat new" that reviews are for. Why are NG fans disappointed if they knew what to expect?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

game gets a 7.0 because its too hard??

Gamesradar FTL

btw the camera was good in the previous ones. I dont think they made drastic changes.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jeezers
[QUOTE="jeezers"][QUOTE="bearbones"]

[QUOTE="dooly420"]they should have gotten someone who at least beat NGB on very hard.bearbones

Why?

Exactly. It's "anyone somewhat new" that reviews are for. Why are NG fans disappointed if they knew what to expect?

taking away points off NG2 for being hard, is like taking off points off MGS4 for too long of cut scenes, its part of the game/series.

bearbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bearbones
[QUOTE="bearbones"][QUOTE="jeezers"][QUOTE="bearbones"]

[QUOTE="dooly420"]they should have gotten someone who at least beat NGB on very hard.jeezers

Why?

taking away points off NG2 for being hard, is like taking off points off MGS4 for too long of cut scenes, its part of the game/series.

Once more: exactly. The average gamer will find NG2 too hard. And it's the average gamer these reviews are for.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Taalon

game gets a 7.0 because its too hard??

Gamesradar FTL

btw the camera was good in the previous ones. I dont think they made drastic changes.

killerfist

Did you read the review? That's not the only reason at all. Bad framerate, bad story and bad camera all had an effect on the score.
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Sounds fair to me. Eat that Itakagi you piece of ****
Avatar image for xCHILDExROLANDx
xCHILDExROLANDx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xCHILDExROLANDx
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
To be honest I think the GamesRadar review is very helpful minus the score. Reading the article I found myself sighing more than getting upset at the fact that the game remains challenging. I had heard that it was going to be significantly easier and am relieved to find that incorrect. I was worried the game was gonna turn into God of War(which is a great game by the way) where you just slash your way through most minor enemies unchallenged. I honestly can't wait to play it. Most cows will probobly use the GamesRadar review as a negative, but its really a positive to all those who loved the first game. He was a whiner though. Its too hard, wahhhhhhh!!!!! Go play Viva Pinata then, lmao.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

Button mashing doesn't pay off the way you might wish.Games Radar

:lol:

Sad.

psfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 psfan
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

gameradars doesnt count here,and wait... the game sucks because he sucks at playing the game?LordoftheVacas

if it was a 9.0, you wouldnt be saying that

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Taalon

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]gameradars doesnt count here,and wait... the game sucks because he sucks at playing the game?psfan

if it was a 9.0, you wouldnt be saying that

Exactly. Lemmings don't say the same for Mass Effect or Lost Odyssey, either.
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="jeezers"][QUOTE="bearbones"][QUOTE="jeezers"][QUOTE="bearbones"]

Why?

Once more: exactly. The average gamer will find NG2 too hard. And it's the average gamer these reviews are for.

the guy was complaining about the game being cheap, when a ninja gaiden game is anything but. going way back to the nes days, ninja gaiden has never been a cheap game. it's always been a rewardingly hard game that takes skill to beat. the fact that the reviewer complained about it being hard in 90% of the review means that he was getting his ass handed to him the entire game. since he's not good enough to play the game well, the game must be cheap. it's ridiculous.
Nick_D7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 Nick_D7
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

Link.

You'll love

* Easy-access sub-menu

You'll hate

Dreams-Visions

Maybe you can tell me how this makes any sense

You'll love

You'll hate

:? seems to me the reviewer sucked really hard at the game and got his knickers in a twist and forgot how to write a review. I will listen to other more credible review sites that are not run by monkeys when I decide to check out this game. How can the difficulty be a plus and a minus

Review is a total failure.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zeliard9

Maybe you can tell me how this makes any sense

You'll love

You'll hate

:? seems to me the reviewer sucked really hard at the game and got his knickers in a twist and forgot how to write a review. I will listen to other more credible review sites that are not run by monkeys when I decide to check out this game. How can the difficulty be a plus and a minus

Review is a total failure.

Nick_D7

They also complain about the fact that there are no Rachel segments.

I mean, seriously, come on.

If people want to read a real review, they should read Gametap's, because that reviewer clearly knows what he's talking about when it comes to NG:

Then there's acceptance--coming to the realization that while the camera occasionally causes some issues when it jerks from one side to another, particularly when a boss performs a dash attack, you'll learn to use your attacks in such a way that not only properly orients the camera, but also deal some damage as well, effectively taking out two birds with one stone.Gametap

That's someone who's review I would actually trust.

LordoftheVacas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordoftheVacas
Don't trust a website that has this kind of articles..

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

so now because an over hyped game by lemmings gets good (not great scores) cannot be trusted ??

I still think NG2 will end up being a great game, but lemmings must accept average scores to good scores for their exclusives, like they accept the low scores given to PS3 exclusives...

Its only fair lemmings accept all scores not just the bad ones given to other systems' exclusives...

LordoftheVacas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LordoftheVacas
[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]Don't trust a website that has this kind of articles..Taalon

Gamesradar is a famous and trusted website. Don't try damage control on here, it's not going to work.

Stop trolling at me thank you.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zeliard9

[QUOTE="LordoftheVacas"]Don't trust a website that has this kind of articles..Taalon

Gamesradar is a famous and trusted website. Don't try damage control on here, it's not going to work.

:lol:

GamesRadar is the MTV of the gaming industry. They're not taken all that seriously.