Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Hello friends

so this is not fav games or best games thread as plenty of my fav games are not mechnically perfect. Deus Ex 1 my fav game of all time is not mechanically perfect. neither is STALKER, neither is Mafia 1. even though i praise Metro series alot. its very mechanically flawed. so in this game we talk about games that are mechanically perfect means the combat is near perfect and so is controlling or even have amazing AI.

so heres i think of

FEAR

The most mechanically perfect game i have ever ever ever played. any other game wish it has combat, and AI as good as this game. going slo mo and shooting enemies never get old in this game. theres the reason this game is still masterpeice and even after 15 years later its far ahead of any modern game.

Max Payne

Another game that i think that is mechanically perfect is this game right here. Max Payne. although Max payne 3 has best gunplay but Max payne 1 has best everything especially movement. bullettime in this game and dive through enemies never get old. and thats the reason no third person game today is better than this game or better than MP3 that release 7 years ago.

Doom

I praise this game alot but the major reason is this game is mechanically perfect. its gunplay is best since FEAR1 although its bit behind, the movement is by far best this gen and thats why this is the game of the gen and will be surpassed by its sequel which will release later this year.

Half life 1

I put this above HL2 when it comes to mechanically perfect the reason is its gunplay is near perfect and so was AI which was not surpassed until FEAR released. although HL2 was amazing evolution and improve upon every thin except gunplay and AI and that was step back.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

This game is masterpiece and mechanically perfect because its the only stealth simulator in market. although i like Hitman games but they have too many problems, I like older thief but it show its age but this game blow any game out of water stealth wise. its one of those perfect 10/10 that never get old.

So my friends, what games you believe are mechanically perfect? again its not a thread about fav games. like i mentioned earlier even greatest game of all time is not mechanically perfect.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Portal, Tetris, Super Meat Boy, even freaking Snake.

https://www.google.com/search?q=snake+game

Perfect doesn't mean amazing, and it's easier for something to be perfect when it doesn't try to do much. It just means as good as a particular thing can possibly be.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

OP said its not about favourite games and then proceeds to mention his favourite games lol.

New thread same old alt trying to ram his favourite games down peoples throats.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:

OP said its not about favourite games and then proceeds to mention his favourite games lol.

read the OP. as i said even best game ever made is not mechanically perfect. so here we are talking about games that are mechanically perfect.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Pong is pretty mechanically sound.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

read the OP. as i said even best game ever made is not mechanically perfect. so here we are talking about games that are mechanically perfect.

And yet you still mention your favourite games. How many ways can you make a thread to only mention games like Max Payne, Doom etc???

No game in the world is perfect, be it mechanically or otherwise.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

I wouldnt say it's perfect but Monster hunter is very close.

initially its nonsensical but once you twig it that each weapon type is essentially its own rule set with its own set of tactics to get the best out of it makes an awful lot of sense.

the way character development and levelling is managed is also very elegant: it's all just through the users equipment. want to be a lancer? equip a lance. want to rebuild for a greatsword...just equip a greatsword. then just equip the appropiate armour if you want the best buffs for those weapons. no pointless stats. no needing to reassign points and rebuild. no need to start a new character.

then there are the monsters themselves which adhere to a consistent ruleset (except khezu....whoever made that one was clearly in a fowl mood. F*BEEP* khezu).

even the time limit makes sense. usually i hate time limits in games but in monster hunter its just there to press the player into keeping up the pressure on their enemy and prevent overdoing it on the turteling u. if it wasnt there then the player would have unlimited health and could just chisel away at the monster health for hours.

the game punishes you for mistakes (though 3 ultimate and Gen ultimate definitely have an easier learning curve has to be said) but it is also very good at telling you where you made the mistake and giving you a chance to recover and keep playing. very rarely do i ever chalk up a defeat in MH as being unfair.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

Don't you get tired of repackaging the same old thread OP?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Halo 3 felt as perfect as an fps can get for me.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Halos, nuff said. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

Halflife 2 has better AI than Halflife 1, this is a myth people perpetuate that is simple false.

What they are talking about is harder fire-fights, which has nothing to do with better AI, but enemies inflicting more damage and moving faster.

When you compare Halflife 1 and 2's AI side by side, 2's is significantly better.

Loading Video...

-

Loading Video...

And that's excluding enekies like Striders, Hunter-Choppers, Hunters and Gun-Ships.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
  • F.E.A.R.
  • Max Payne 2
  • Resident Evil 4
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Yeah... For the most part, "mechanically perfect" doesn't exist. Everyone would have to agree that it's perfect in order for it to actually be perfect. It's more a matter of what controls feel the most natural to the individual player. Often controls go from clunky while you learn them to becoming proficient with the controls. Then it moves into becoming skilled and then over time, the controls become natural to the player.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Wave Race 64

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Portal, dx ball , tetris, snake etc.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

And yet you still mention your favourite games. How many ways can you make a thread to only mention games like Max Payne, Doom etc???

but my friend i already said 2 of my best games ever are not mechanically perfect and somewhat flawed.

btw no racing games are mechanically perfect and open world games you praise are mostly mechanically broken.

its not my fault that Max payne and Doom are mechanically perfect.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Can we just have these 100% worthless threads of ghost closed the minute he makes them? Its the same weekly "hey look at the games I like", its beyond old and stale at this point.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

DMC4 Dante.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

chaos theory really has mechanically stood the test of time. it's all the little touches - temporarily disabling electronics with the pistol, remote hacking goggles, mouse wheel controlling movement speed, split jumps in tight corridors, the visibility and audibility meters etc etc. which make it great. everything just works and works intuitively.

on the immersive sim side dishonored 2 is mechanically pretty impeccable. alien isolation as a cat and mouse stealth horror was pretty good too if memory serves

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
  • Tetris
  • Pacman
  • Super Mario Bros
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • MGS 2
  • Halo CE
  • Soul Caliber 2

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Gotta say the witcher 3, farcry series and tomb raider!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

A few that I’d probably put in that list would be:

- Ninja Gaiden Black

- Bayonetta 1 and 2

- Vanquish

- Forza games

- Final Fantasy 6, 7, and 10

- Super Mario 3, World, Galaxy 1 & 2, Odyssey

- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild

- Super Metroid

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

What does "mechanically perfect" even mean? That a game accomplishes what it sets out to do perfectly with its mechanics? In that case any game that doesn't leave its control inputs or game logic up to ambiguity and is consistent in its execution is perfect. I can think of many, many games that do so.

One that comes to mind that wouldn't be is Red Dead Redemption 2, because that game suffers from inconsistent game logic that detrimentally affect the mechanics (putting away your weapons automatically while on horseback, changing ammo type without notification, forgetting what weapons have been selected depending on context). So would TLoU as mechanically, using the same input but having the game decide to force you to walk for cinematic effect instead of run I'd also consider to be imperfect.

Your question is kind of like asking, 'What light switch do you consider perfect?'. Mechanics are binary, they either work or they don't, and if they're inconsistent that flaws their perfection. You can also have an imperfect game with perfect mechanics, which compromises most games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Lol, pretty much.

Anyway, Portal 2 comes to mind for me.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Every game in the OP is total dogshit.

Meanwhile Barbie's Horse Adventure has the best mechanics in any game ever made.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

F-Zero X. I like GX more, but it has a few minor flaws that crop up due to it's larger scale and ambition.

Also: Tetris, Bustamove, Soul Calibur 2, and Bayonetta.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

I have always thought that Megaman 3 for the NES was perfect, and it is also one of my favorite games.

I would mention the original Starcraft as well, and concur on Ninja Gaiden Black.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

but my friend i already said 2 of my best games ever are not mechanically perfect and somewhat flawed.

btw no racing games are mechanically perfect and open world games you praise are mostly mechanically broken.

its not my fault that Max payne and Doom are mechanically perfect.

No game is mechanically perfect, that is a fact, so stop shilling the same shit wiped with different coloured toilet paper with every thread you shit out.

Did your account get banned for making the same threads over & over again boring everyone to tears?

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

The first Deus Ex.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Halo 3
Rage 2 (even though the rest of the game was garbage)
Unravel 2.
Spider-Man
GOW
Homefront 2
Crysis
SMB3
Tony Hawks Underground 1/2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@i_p_daily:

Not true.

AJuiceMatts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

@djoffer said:

Gotta say the witcher 3

Lol.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Ugh, these thread’s pop up at least once a week and I’m reminded one of the worst game’s I’ve ever played ‘Max Payne’ is someone’s favourite game.

Ugh...

edit: The first Titanfall is a mechanically perfect game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@heirren said:

@i_p_daily:

Not true.

Which part?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@i_p_daily:

Theres games whitch fit the op take on perfect mechanics.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Quake III Arena.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts
@Macutchi said:

chaos theory really has mechanically stood the test of time. it's all the little touches - temporarily disabling electronics with the pistol, remote hacking goggles, mouse wheel controlling movement speed, split jumps in tight corridors, the visibility and audibility meters etc etc. which make it great. everything just works and works intuitively.

on the immersive sim side dishonored 2 is mechanically pretty impeccable. alien isolation as a cat and mouse stealth horror was pretty good too if memory serves

For years I've just used the mouse and keyboard assuming by default it was superior. Having (by being forced) to use the control pad for Double Agent OG, i'm finding I prefer it. It really is tight with every button working perfectly for it's function, complex enough to be engaging but not bloated or overly automated.

Which it makes it so baffling something like Assassins Creed is a clunky fuckfest of auto-pilot. They literally (and yes that word is used far too much) had a perfect control set-up for stealth gameplay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@heirren: Please explain

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Goat Simulator. It is perfection, don't even argue.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Cut him some slack - he never mentioned any Metro games...

Edit: Okay he did, but he didn't list it, so that's something.