Gamers would enjoy PCs if its fans weren't hostile

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@BassMan said:

Console gamers are by far the worst. First off, you are bragging about an inferior platform. You are not getting the best experience. As a gamer, you should strive for the best. Also, you limit yourself to one console while making fun of the other console which is very similar and has good exclusives you should be playing. The funniest of all is when console peasants talk about resolution and framerate. If you truly care about that stuff, you should game on PC.

Example A....

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@BassMan said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@BassMan said:

Console gamers are by far the worst. First off, you are bragging about an inferior platform. You are not getting the best experience. As a gamer, you should strive for the best. Also, you limit yourself to one console while making fun of the other console which is very similar and has good exclusives you should be playing. The funniest of all is when console peasants talk about resolution and framerate. If you truly care about that stuff, you should game on PC.

I agree with the resolution part, but what if someone doesn't have enough cash to "strive for the best"?

Then they should buy a cheap PC. Or if they must have a console, not brag about it because it is just silly.

Why should they buy a cheap PC if they like playing on a console?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

every plaform has its fair share of jerks and trolls,but if there's one thing a PC gamer loves to be apart of its converting a console gamer to a PC gamer.

If you went to a message board(not system wars) and asked how to build a PC you would get real advice and quickly get setups based on your current budget.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#54 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

PC gamers react funny when we exclude them from any debate. Actually, they are almost fun to bait.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@BassMan said:

you are bragging about an inferior platform

See that's the kind of generalised arrogant bollocks that annoys people about PC gamers. Consoles are emphatically NOT inferior if you like the genres of 3D platformer, third person shooter (No Uncharted, Gears (well, the 1st one) or Vanquish on PC), hack and slash, JRPG, fighters, sports, party games, arcade racers, local multiplayer games, Japanese games, and so on. Not to mention the obvious piles of amazing 1st party games that never show up on PC.

Obviously PC is superior in it's very many of it's own areas. But that type of attitude of utterly dismissing consoles in every way is SO prevalent amongst PC gamers, in blatant disregard of the facts. The combination of smug superiority, dismissive insults and ignoring reality is annoying in ANY context, not just gaming,

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I kind of agree, i've found the communities of some PC games to be outright hostile to players who are new and trying to learn the game. I can take the kids shit talking on console when i play FIFA or CoD but i very nearly quit Red Orchestra early on because of the community.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

This is nothing more than a Fanboy War topic.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Let's discuss games and platfors and not fanboys. Both PC and console, and internet in general, have its share of idiots.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@chronogos said:

Would more gamers adopt PC gaming if getting into it were easier?

Costs aside, a major reason some gamers stay away from PC gaming, is simply because how hostile its fanbase/the master race can be.

When I was younger, I wanted to get into PC gaming but dared not to because whenever I asked a "newb" type question, I was treated like I was a complete moron.

Of course, now that I know a lot more about computer than I did back then, my PC is now my favorite gaming platform. But that's only because I learned how to do so myself.

Master race jokes towards peasants can be quite funny, however, they go to show what the PC community is (largely) like. If you truly want to help someone enjoy the superior gaming experience, the last thing you want to do is make fun of them. Yes, it is annoying when you have to explain what an SSD is and why it's better than a 7200 RPM HDD, but everyone has to start from somewhere! Some people don't even know how to take a screenshot on a PC, but that's the fun of it! Sharing your passions with someone else is a very rewarding experience!

So my question is, would more gamers venture into the world of PC gaming if the community weren't so hostile towards newbs?

Have you heard some of the people on xbox live?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#60 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17842 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:
@BassMan said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@BassMan said:

I agree with the resolution part, but what if someone doesn't have enough cash to "strive for the best"?

Then they should buy a cheap PC. Or if they must have a console, not brag about it because it is just silly.

Why should they buy a cheap PC if they like playing on a console?

Because PCs are better and you can do a lot more with a PC. You can also hook it up to an HDTV and use a controller with it. Consoles have become redundant. They basically just hold back exclusives. If you already have a PC that is capable of playing games, it is a waste of money to have to buy consoles for exclusives. I don't like how they are a closed platform.

What other forms of media are like that? Do u need to buy different music players to listen to music from different record labels? Do you need to buy different movie players to watch movies from different studios? NO. You buy one player and it plays everything. So, why do you have to buy different consoles to play all the exclusives? It is ridiculous. Everything should be on PC and they should make games scalable for different tier levels. So, if you want to spend more, you can get a better experience, but if u can only afford the basic experience, you will still be able to play.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lawlessx

@hoosier7 said:

I kind of agree, i've found the communities of some PC games to be outright hostile to players who are new and trying to learn the game. I can take the kids shit talking on console when i play FIFA or CoD but i very nearly quit Red Orchestra early on because of the community.

That might have more to do with the kind of game it is. Red orchestra has an insane learning curve and friendly fire was the number one issue many vets faced when dealing with newbies.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lawlessx: I found that in the voice chat for Rising Storm, people would take on the roles of either the japanese or Americans which was rather humorous but would seem really racist from the outside

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#63  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@naz99 said:

Hey lets pretend that the 1% of moronic gamers on 1 platform are exactly what the other 99% are like!

And lets pretend that the exact same thing does not happen on other platforms....

Infallible logic there.

The general reality is that many PC gamers love helping newcomers and this hostility towards newbs that you claim is just not the case, there is hostility in certain communities on certain games like any other platform but not towards a newcomers first time on the platform,and the lack of knowledge about hardware is a given and understood,none of us touched a PC for the first time and magically turned into Bill Gates.

The primary thing as always that keeps people away from PC gaming is misinformation and ignorance which is perpetuated by many fanboys on other platforms, some on this forum being a prime example.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lawlessx
@lostrib said:

@lawlessx: I found that in the voice chat for Rising Storm, people would take on the roles of either the japanese or Americans which was rather humorous but would seem really racist from the outside

didn't play too much of Rising Storm. Red orcerstra 2 has a whole was a big disappointment for me and i ended up giving up on tripwire to make the changes necessary

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

How about stop playing the victim card, I see it all the time there are horrible fans on all platforms at least when it comes to internet discussions. Do they honestly think PC gamers are shouting master race and all that nonsense about console gamers while playing games? Console gamers play the victim card a lot especially. They complain about PC gamers arrogance when talking about PC vs Console gaming when most of the time PC gamers can back up what they say with facts. They seem think PC gamers stating facts equals arrogance. I see consolites shout things like PC nerds, dying platform, no games etc etc but if PC gamer ever replies and hits them with facts its the immediate victim card and how terrible PC gamers are so they'll never play on PC.

The truth is you'll never try/switch platforms you're just too biased and make excuses to not look like a corporate drone.

Console gamers of all different brands are suddenly "united" when they're against PC gamers but will immediately go back to crapping on each other when PC isn't involved and heck some of them are very contradictory. Like a PS4 fanboy will trash PC gaming and say how consoles are superior, no one plays on PC and consoles make more money but when against Xbox they have no problem using PC gaming against Xbox mainly for when they want to exclude many Xbox One exclusives as possible since they're PC but will also flip it when it suits them to brag about "playstation console" exclusive stuff like Shenmue 3 and Street Fighter 5.

Pretty much

The assumption that all PC gamers are basement dwellers is what's funniest.

Especially coming from console gamers who have thousands upon thousands of posts on multiple videogames messageboards and play videogames for 4+ hours a day.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

On the Steam forums...any console thread is immediately derailed by a few PC gamers that can't get their heads our of their asses.

Also known as trolls. Trolls aren't platform-specific. They're just... trolls.

No...I've known the regular posters over there for some time....and have been a part of that forum for a long time now.

The ones I'm talking about are actually not trolls. They are as I described them.

PC gamers that just can't stand consoles in any way, shape or form b/c of all the reasons over the years. The same type of ppl here: ones who can't have fun and bitch almost all of the time about how this game or that game was casual....how consoles suck....etc.

The difference is that this is a specific forum for arguing over the different systems. Thats why it's out of place there....as the way it happens which is constant. And it's not even a discussion....they aren't necessarily mean....they're just bigots.

Like I said....the ones I'm talking about....literally, I don't think know how to have fun anymore....and it's annoying. It just sucks that most of their anger is towards consoles b/c they are PC gamers.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

On the Steam forums...any console thread is immediately derailed by a few PC gamers that can't get their heads our of their asses.

Also known as trolls. Trolls aren't platform-specific. They're just... trolls.

No...I've known the regular posters over there for some time....and have been a part of that forum for a long time now.

The ones I'm talking about are actually not trolls. They are as I described them.

PC gamers that just can't stand consoles in any way, shape or form b/c of all the reasons over the years. The same type of ppl here: ones who can't have fun and bitch almost all of the time about how this game or that game was casual....how consoles suck....etc.

The difference is that this is a specific forum for arguing over the different systems. Thats why it's out of place there....as the way it happens which is constant. And it's not even a discussion....they aren't necessarily mean....they're just bigots.

Like I said....the ones I'm talking about....literally, I don't think know how to have fun anymore....and it's annoying. It just sucks that most of their anger is towards consoles b/c they are PC gamers.

So a handful of trolls on videogame message boards dictates that PC gamers in general are snobby dickholes?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Well hermits are mad they dont get 10/10 exclusives or a recent exclusive GOTY in over a decade. We need to love them and show them understanding.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#69 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

"the master race" is a vocal minority. This isn't the PC gaming fanbase, this is the "douche club of this platform", every platform has it. Since PC is a bigger platform than all of the other ones, this one happens to have the largest vocal minority.

In the end, it's naive to thin they represent the whole fanbase. You can ignore them.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#70  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The linustechtips forum is probably the best community to go for troubleshooting and guides. To me it came naturally and I read a lot, more than I should have. It's because I like engineering.

I've met quite a few ignorant console gamres that insult PC gamers. When I went to gamespot to buy a steam card, the lady at the desk argued with me about how console gaming is better and said a bunch of ignorant things, like how you can't play PC games offline on Steam, which is not true.

I think some console gamers envy PC gamers because they are rich with knowledge about computers and they know where to get the best experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

No fanboy wars