Gamers generalize the Wii too much

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

Many gamers generalize the Wii way too much

Certain gamers say the Wii is only for casuals and yet I love my Wii and so do many people who are core gamers

Those certain people most likely dont own the Wii and have no idea of the great games on that platform

They also generalize by saying that all the Wii has is shovelware but the Wii has the highest rated exclusive of this generation which makes up for alot of the shovelware on the console

Thoughts?

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I compeltly agree but the others...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

People will oft downplay popularity if it does not fit in line with their own thinking. Whilst, yes, the Wii grasped the casual crowd (which Nintendo capitalized upon) it also released some great games for the "core" gamer.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

People will oft downplay popularity if it does not fit in line with their own thinking. Whilst, yes, the Wii grasped the casual crowd (which Nintendo capitalized upon) it also released some great games for the "core" gamer.

lundy86_4

Exactly my point, Nintendo put an effort towards the casual group but there are superb "core" games that fit "core gamers" tastes.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

u must admit the good games are few and far between though

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

It's often those 14-18 year old kids that take a crap on the Wii and its games. I own both a Wii and a PS3 and the Wii is the one that I prefer.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

no fanboys generalize ever oposing console too much

thenintendofanboy and thesonyfanboywillcall the 360 a RRODmachine

lemmingsand sheep will argue that PS3 is too expensive

andsheepandcows will say thatthe wii istoocasual

it just seems thatthe lemmingsand thecows have united this gen against the sheep

similarily last gen we saw lemmingsand sheep uniting againstthe cows..

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Well I do have a Wii, not to mention every console they've ever made. Its one of the worst systems and overall game library's ever to exist IMO.

Isn't this generalizing us as fanboys that have never touched the thing?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

u must admit the good games are few and far between though

chikenfriedrice

It's certainly not as consistent as the 360, PC or PS3, but I guess it's all a matter of preference.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 farnham

Well I do have a Wii, not to mention every console they've ever made. Its one of the worst systems and overall game library's ever to exist IMO.

tomarlyn
so the wii is worse then the 3DO and the sega 32x ?
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Generalizing and system wars are synonyms

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

farnham

hate makes people blind and so dose love

Avatar image for sonicthemegaman
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 sonicthemegaman
Member since 2008 • 3783 Posts
I love how "the highest rated exclusive" (one game) justifies tons of shovelware XD
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

tomarlyn

you sure you have every console made and it's games.

cause the Atari 2600, NES, Super NES, Genesis and pretty much all of those Retro Machines have Crap on them too.

You're magnifying too much on the Cons than the Pros on the Wii and so are a lot of other people on this forum.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 farnham
I love how "the highest rated exclusive" (one game) justifies tons of shovelware XDsonicthemegaman
it does because you are not obliged to by shovelware.. if you dont like it you can just leave it... thats the beauty of capitalism. plus there are way more wii games then just one that are great
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

farnham

Hell no, I said its one of the worst. But its way down the bottom IMO

1. SNES
  2. XBOX 360
  3. Gamecube
  4. PS3
  5. PS2
  6. XBOX
  7. PS1
  8. N64
  9. Dreamcast
  10. NES
  11. Mega Drive
  12. Wii
  13. Saturn
  14. Jaguar
  15. Turbo Grafx
  16. Mega CD
  17. 32x
  18. CDi
  19. Commodore 64

That I've played/owned

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Half-Way

I love how "the highest rated exclusive" (one game) justifies tons of shovelware XDsonicthemegaman

its as the cows always say Quality > Quantity

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

tomarlyn

1. SNES
  2. XBOX 360
  3. Gamecube
  4. PS3
  5. PS2
  6. XBOX
  7. PS1
  8. N64
  9. Dreamcast
  10. NES
  11. Mega Drive
  12. Wii
  13. Saturn
  14. Jaguar
  15. Turbo Grafx
  16. Mega CD
  17. 32x
  18. CDi
  19. Commodore 64

That I've played/owned

What....the....funk??? :?

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Half-Way

tomarlyn

1. SNES
  2. XBOX 360
  3. Gamecube
  4. PS3
  5. PS2
  6. XBOX
  7. PS1
  8. N64
  9. Dreamcast
  10. NES
  11. Mega Drive
  12. Wii
  13. Saturn
  14. Jaguar
  15. Turbo Grafx
  16. Mega CD
  17. 32x
  18. CDi
  19. Commodore 64

That I've played/owned

well according to the cosmos and all that is awesome your list has a major flaw, N64 isnt on top.

so dont be suprised if no one takes your list seriously

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

LegatoSkyheart

you sure you have every console made and it's games.

cause the Atari 2600, NES, Super NES, Genesis and pretty much all of those Retro Machines have Crap on them too.

You're magnifying too much on the Cons than the Pros on the Wii and so are a lot of other people on this forum.

I thought you said you shouldn't downplay the Virtual Console
sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonicthemegaman
[QUOTE="sonicthemegaman"]I love how "the highest rated exclusive" (one game) justifies tons of shovelware XDfarnham
it does because you are not obliged to by shovelware.. if you dont like it you can just leave it... thats the beauty of capitalism. plus there are way more wii games then just one that are great

But it doesn't really stop the shovelware from being. Not to mention the whole arguement is just too damn subjective. I surely wouldn't want a Wii for games like Galaxy or MP3 while other people adore those games. Wii hate most likely generates from popular opnions, not any solid facts.
Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

Here is how I see it...

Market leaders of previous generations (NES, SNES, PS, PS2): Tons of shovelware, but they also consistently released critically-acclaimed titles. They had good first party support and excellent third party support.

Market leader of current generation (Wii): Tons of shovelware with a few great games once in a while (maybe). Good first party support...or at least what is to be expected from Nintendo and terrible third party support.

Sorry, but Super Mario Galaxy does not excuse the rest of the library.

sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sonicthemegaman
[QUOTE="Sky-"]

Here is how I see it...

Market leaders of previous generations (NES, SNES, PS, PS2): Tons of shovelware, but they also consistently released critically-acclaimed titles. They had good first party support and excellent third party support.

Market leader of current generation (Wii): Tons of shovelware with a few great games once in a while (maybe). Good first party support...or at least what is to be expected from Nintendo and terrible third party support.

Pretty much hits the nail on the head buddy.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Half-Way

Here is how I see it...

Sky-

thats true, but there are more great games on the wii

but however, going by what your saying

every console should have more amount of great games then shovelware in order to be considered great.

that argument wouldnt work that well considering the ps1 and ps2 HUGE library and not even 50% of them were great (A or above)

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tomarlyn

LegatoSkyheart

Yep

• RE Remake
  • RE4
  • Metroid Prime
  • Wave Race Blue Storm
  • Wind Waker
  • Eternal Darkness
  • F-Zero GX
  • Star Wars Rebel Strike

Some of my favourite games ever

well according to the cosmos and all that is awesome your list has a major flaw, N64 isnt on top.

Half-Way

Most of its games have aged the worst IMO, except for Mario 64 and OoT. Yeah I thought Goldeneye was the greatest thing ever but its almost unplayable now.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sky-

every console should have more amount of great games then shovelware in order to be considered great.

that argument wouldnt work that well considering the ps1 and ps2 HUGE library and not even 50% of them were great (A or above)

Half-Way

I didn't mean balance it out literally in the sense that there needs to be at least 50% of titles with ratings of A or higher...

The PS1 and PS2 had about 25 AAA and 50 AAA titles according to GameRankings, respectively and MANY AA titles as well...The Wii has 8 AAA titles...four of which are last gen ports.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="sonicthemegaman"] it does because you are not obliged to by shovelware.. if you dont like it you can just leave it... thats the beauty of capitalism. plus there are way more wii games then just one that are greatsonicthemegaman
But it doesn't really stop the shovelware from being. Not to mention the whole arguement is just too damn subjective. I surely wouldn't want a Wii for games like Galaxy or MP3 while other people adore those games. Wii hate most likely generates from popular opnions, not any solid facts.

Here is how I see it...

Sky-
mario galaxy is not the only title that is great on the wii there is mario kart super paper mario zelda twilight princess sin and punishment 2 little king story rune factory frontier punch out excite bots new super mario bros wii metroid prime 3 resident evil 4 wii edition smash bros brawl monster hunter tri muramasa anno create a new world tales of graces arc rise fantasia wii sports resort and there are games comming out like mario galaxy 2 metroid other m zelda wii 2 etc. just to mention a few titles i would argue that there are actually a lot of good titles on the wii compared to any system that is released.. and i certainly dont see the wii falling back to the other current gen systems.. its just that the nintendo titles garner so much public interest that the other games get overshadowed
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Half-Way

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

tomarlyn

Yep

• RE Remake
  • RE4
  • Metroid Prime
  • Wave Race Blue Storm
  • Wind Waker
  • Eternal Darkness
  • F-Zero GX
  • Star Wars Rebel Strike

Half-Way

Most of its games have aged the worst IMO, except for Mario 64 and OoT. Yeah I thought Goldeneye was the greatest thing ever but its almost unplayable now.

well your list dosent make that much sense, PS1 is above N64, and apart from the RPG's all games on there have aged worse then N64

GCN is above Wii while wii can play its games, and many games from past consoles

and Ps3 is above Ps2 O,o

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 farnham

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

Sky-

I didn't mean balance it out literally in the sense that there needs to be at least 50% of titles with ratings of A or higher...

The PS1 and PS2 had about 25 AAA and 50 AAA titles according to GameRankings, respectively and MANY AA titles as well...The Wii has 8 AAA titles...four of which are last gen ports.

gamerankings is an aggregator site that gathers review scores from sites like 1up, gamespot, ign and gametrailers.. and those sites certainly have proven themselves to be objective towards nintendo this gen..
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
i love how gamers worry about shoelware...... this gen
Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sky-

mario galaxy is not the only title that is great on the wii there is mario kart super paper mario zelda twilight princess sin and punishment 2 little king story rune factory frontier punch out excite bots new super mario bros wii metroid prime 3 resident evil 4 wii edition smash bros brawl monster hunter tri muramasa anno create a new world tales of graces arc rise fantasia wii sports resort and there are games comming out like mario galaxy 2 metroid other m zelda wii 2 etc. just to mention a few titles i would argue that there are actually a lot of good titles on the wii compared to any system that is released.. and i certainly dont see the wii falling back to the other current gen systems.. its just that the nintendo titles garner so much public interest that the other games get overshadowedfarnham

I am quite aware of the better titles available on the Nintendo Wii. However, I think it is very telling about the library when some of the best games on the system are ports from last generation. The Wii is in a position where it can't fail in terms of sales, but its library leaves something to be desired.

Also, did you import Sin and Punishment 2, Tales of Graces, and Arc Rise Fantasia? Those are only out in Japan at the moment, buddy.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Yep

• RE Remake
  • RE4
  • Metroid Prime
  • Wave Race Blue Storm
  • Wind Waker
  • Eternal Darkness
  • F-Zero GX
  • Star Wars Rebel Strike

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

Half-Way

well your list dosent make that much sense, PS1 is above N64, and apart from the RPG's all games on there have aged worse then N64

GCN is above Wii while wii can play its games, and many games from past consoles

and Ps3 is above Ps2 O,o

The PS1 had better 3rd party games in terms of quality and quantity. We'll have to agree to disagree on which has aged the worst.

The fact Wii can play Cube games is a completely different matter, I'm not talking about backwards compatibilty. I'm saying what each individual system has brought to the table.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

Sky-

so your counting up how many games you will need on a system that scored AAA to look past the shovelware?

becouse even with ps1's huge amount of AAs and its AAA's there were even more games which were totall trash,

do 25 AAA's make up for 500 Fs? if so, do 8 AAA's make up for 160 F's?

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

tomarlyn

and Ps3 is above Ps2 O,o

The PS1 had better 3rd party games in terms of quality and quantity. We'll have to agree to disagree on which has aged the worst.

The fact Wii can play Cube games is a completely different matter, I'm not talking about backwards compatibilty. I'm saying what each individual system has brought to the table.

then why is ps3 above ps2? lol

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 farnham

[QUOTE="farnham"]mario galaxy is not the only title that is great on the wii there is mario kart super paper mario zelda twilight princess sin and punishment 2 little king story rune factory frontier punch out excite bots new super mario bros wii metroid prime 3 resident evil 4 wii edition smash bros brawl monster hunter tri muramasa anno create a new world tales of graces arc rise fantasia wii sports resort and there are games comming out like mario galaxy 2 metroid other m zelda wii 2 etc. just to mention a few titles i would argue that there are actually a lot of good titles on the wii compared to any system that is released.. and i certainly dont see the wii falling back to the other current gen systems.. its just that the nintendo titles garner so much public interest that the other games get overshadowedSky-

I am quite aware of the better titles available on the Nintendo Wii. However, I think it is very telling about the library when some of the best games on the system are ports from last generation. The Wii is in a position where it can't fail in terms of sales, but its library leaves something to be desired.

Also, did you import Sin and Punishment 2, Tales of Graces, and Arc Rise Fantasia? Those are only out in Japan at the moment, buddy.

yep i did.. i also imported monster hunter 3 and excite bots (which did not come out in pal territories)

i usually import JRPGs because of the horriblevoice acting

getting fragile dreams again though after i heard some voice samples

aboutthe whole portedgames being good issue..

well you cant blame othergames for being worse then Zelda TP or RE 4 Wii.. i would argue those are some of the topgames this generation even if theyare ports (similar to how God of War 2 was probably the best game of 2007) .. i would even argue that only a few games this generation actually came close to their respective predecessors

look at oblivionfor exampleandcompare it to morrowind.. or look at KOTOR incomparison to Masseffect 1 (well not exactly a sequel but still).. compare games like RE5 to RE4.. or FF 10, 12 to FF 13.. while the HD gen has brought great graphics to the table i think that the games itself have become more and more half baked.. (especially in the case of oblivion and RE5 its kinda saddening.. especially if you see how those games got high scores)

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

and Ps3 is above Ps2 O,o

Half-Way

then why is ps3 above ps2? lol

For me? The only PS2 games I still enjoy that have anything over the PS3's library are Fatal Frame and Shadow Of The Colossus. I'm not the worlds greatest RPG fan.
Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sky-

so your counting up how many games you will need on a system that scored AAA to look past the shovelware?

becouse even with ps1's huge amount of AAs and its AAA's there were even more games which were totall trash,

Half-Way

I think that you are looking at it the wrong way. You should view those titles relative to the titles of other consoles, as opposed to looking at that arbitrary ratio that you came up with. In general, it is extremely difficult to create an AAA title and if a system has four or five times as many AAA titles as the other system, that speaks quite a bit regarding the quality of the library.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sky-

yep i did.. i also imported monster hunter 3 and excite bots (which did not come out in pal territories)

i usually import JRPGs because of the horriblevoice acting

getting fragile dreams again though after i heard some voice samples

farnham

How were Sin and Punishment 2, Tales of Graces, and Arc Rise Fantasia? From what I've gathered, Sin and Punishment 2 is a lot of fun despite the okay graphics and Tales is awesome except it is a little buggy. Regarding Arc Rise Fantasia, I always thought that it was being hyped more because it was one of the few JRPG's on the Wii...though I could be wrong.

As for Fragile, I saw some videos of it and man is that game scary. :P The combat is iffy but wow it scared the crap out of me...I am really bad with anything horror-related. Hell, I got scared in the Space Pirate Labs in Metroid Prime when all of the lights went out.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Half-Way

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

Sky-

I think that you are looking at it the wrong way. You should view those titles relative to the titles of other consoles, as opposed to looking at that arbitrary ratio that you came up with. In general, it is extremely difficult to create an AAA title and if a system has four or five times as many AAA titles as the other system, that speaks quite a bit regarding the quality of the library.

well your the one who said "one game dosent excuse the shovelware"

we werent talking about AAA's in general, more about the fact that you care to much about the shovelware, and my question was, how many great games dose a console need so you could look away past the shovelware. the other market leaders had more AAA's but in the case of the ps1 and ps2 they also had more games, and more shovelware.

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

Sky-

There aren't four last gen ports in the wii's AAA according togamerankings. Thereis RE4, which isof course, and then there is Twilight Princess which actually released on the Wiibefore it hit the gamecube,that'sworth noting imo. I don't know if it's fair to count the Prime Trilogy as a lst gen port, given that it features Prime 3. That's 2, one of them being a game released before it's last gen iteration.. making the cube oneold hat. But i'm just nit picking :)

AAA isn't everything, critics are far from perfect. Especially gaming critics. Though i do agree that compared to the librarys of all the leading systems before it(at least back to the nes) the wii's library is no where near as massive or diverse(in terms of quality titles).

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

As a former Wii owner I only go with my own opinion. I didn't play it. I played and beat SMG which was great and then the Wii collected dust for 6 months. So I sold it. Only game I wanted to play on it since was NSMB Wii. I may pick one up again if they ever release a WiiHD or something. But as far as the Wii VS. 360 and/or PS3 its not close. Because the Wii has such weak hardware it misses out on too many great multiplats.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sky-

There aren't four last gen ports in the wii's AAA according togamerankings. Thereis RE4, which isof course, and then there is Twilight Princess which actually released on the Wiibefore it hit the gamecube,that'sworth noting imo. I don't know if it's fair to count the Prime Trilogy as a lst gen port, given that it features Prime 3. But i'm just nit picking :)

AAA isn't everything, critics are far from perfect. Especially gaming critics. Though i do agree that compared to the librarys of all the leading systems before it(at least back to the nes) the wii's library is no where near as massive or diverse(in terms of quality titles).

blahzor

Twilight Princess was built ground up for the GameCube but was released earlier on the Wii to give Nintendo a head start for the new generation. You also forgot to mention Okami. I think I need to make it clear that I am not a Nintendo-hater and I do agree for the most part with your post! :)

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

[QUOTE="blahzor"]

There aren't four last gen ports in the wii's AAA according togamerankings. Thereis RE4, which isof course, and then there is Twilight Princess which actually released on the Wiibefore it hit the gamecube,that'sworth noting imo. I don't know if it's fair to count the Prime Trilogy as a lst gen port, given that it features Prime 3. But i'm just nit picking :)

Sky-

Twilight Princess was built ground up for the GameCube but was released earlier on the Wii to give Nintendo a head start for the new generation. You also forgot to mention Okami. I think I need to make it clear that I am not a Nintendo-hater and I do agree for the most part with your post! :)

Wow, you're fast! i added a quick edit.

I know TP could have released on the GC well before the wii came out, and it was certainly held back in order to propel Wii sales.. but when people say a game is a last gen port they are saying it's basically old news, been there done that. With TP, taht wasn't the case. For over a month(was it?) you could only play the Wii version, making the cube version old hat. That's worth noting, and a reason not to brush TP to the side(as the statement "last gen port" usually seems to imply).

Okami is below 90% on Gamerankings. If it was 90, the wii would have 9 AAA :) Of course, one is a downloadable. But come on, Goo is awesome.

OH i know you're not a ninty hater! i've seen enough of your posts to know you'reactually a ninty fan. You just happen to be critical, perhaps less happy with what's been going on in nintendo land?

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
But you have to admit that for every good game released for it (regardless of exlcusive or mulitplat, A +) there are like 10 shovelware game (_
Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sky-

Wow, you're fast! i added a quick edit.

I know TP could have released on the GC well before the wii came out, and it was certainly held back in order to propel Wii sales.. but when people say a game is a last gen port they are saying it's basically old news, been there done that. With TP, taht wasn't the case. For over a month(was it?) you could only play the Wii version, making the cube version old hat. That's worth noting, and a reason not to brush TP to the side(as the statement "last gen port" usually seems to imply).

Okami is below 90% on Gamerankings. If it was 90, the wii would have 9 AAA :) Of course, one is a downloadable. But come on, Goo is awesome.

OH i know you're not a ninty hater! i've seen enough of your posts to know you'reactually a ninty fan. You just happen to be critical, perhaps less happy with what's been going on in nintendo land?

blahzor

Oh snap, you were right about Okami. It's very close to AAA status though, which really says a lot about how great the game was when it was first released on the PS2.

Regarding Nintendo, I feel that they haven't utilized their talent to its fullest potential this generation in terms of revolutionizing and modernizing their older IPs (Galaxy being a major exception) and in creating new IPs. Although I am glad that they are bringing more people into gaming, the quality in those Wii ____ titles is not what I expected from a company that made classics such as Super Metroid, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario World. Why does expanding the audience have to come at the expense of a drop of quality in titles? I imagine that I would not be complaining if Wii Sports whatever had a SMG amount of effort and innovation put into it.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

farnham

after a while i stop listening to those comments some people just arent satisifed and have to say statements like this is truly a shame

sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sonicthemegaman
[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

after a while i stop listening to those comments some people just arent satisifed and have to say statements like this is truly a shame

Hence why this is easily the worst gen so far. People have gotten to the point where they will never truly be happy. The only exception is your typical overhyped flavor-of-the-month game people either overrate to this day (ex: MGS4, Galaxy, etc.) or forget about entirely a month after release (VC, BB, etc.)
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="farnham"] so the wii is worse then the 3DO and the sega 32x ?sonicthemegaman

Hence why this is easily the worst gen so far. People have gotten to the point where they will never truly be happy. The only exception is your typical overhyped flavor-of-the-month game people either overrate to this day (ex: MGS4, Galaxy, etc.) or forget about entirely a month after release (VC, BB, etc.)

you got that right its so depressing people should just play all games i dont think any library of a game system is bad maybe im weird but i know i play ALL types of games.

sonicthemegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sonicthemegaman
[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="sonicthemegaman"][QUOTE="Mario1331"]

you got that right its so depressing people should just play all games i dont think any library of a game system is bad maybe im weird but i know i play ALL types of games.

I know people aren't gonna get it but, the video game industry is becoming a lot like Hollywood which is why gaming seems to be declining. There are those companies that can get away with murder and the butt hurting fans that suck up to them. Your typical "hardcore gamer" is more a faker than anything. Game reviews are even worse than movie reviews at this point. Overall, games just aren't an art form anymore as a whole assuming they ever were to begin with. Now we're all buying $50 shovelware games for our Wiis and $60 interactive movies for our PS3s/360s while moaning about which overpriced plastic disc is better than the other overpriced plastic disc.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Not really. I own a Wii and 360, so I think I'm pretty entitled to critiscise Wii for failing to live up to the standards I expect, and get on 360.