Game of The Year quality game that NO ONE played.

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zlychop
Member since 2011 • 1316 Posts

Binary Domain

Binary-Domain-review-main-940x500.jpg

2012-07-16_00002.jpg

2012-07-16_00062.jpg

2012-07-16_00023.jpg

2012-07-16_00010.jpg

2012-07-16_00053.jpg2012-07-16_00034.jpg

b.jpg

k.jpg

b.jpg

2012-07-16_00074.jpg

e.jpg

2012-07-18_00004-1.jpg

From the storytelling to the gameplay I was truely amazed, this game completely blew all expectations and is such an underrated game that everyone has to check out.

It really is a hidden gem, Sega of Japan still has what it takes to make AAA blockbuster titles because this delivered in epic fashion.

This game wasn't advertised much so all of the mainstream gamers missed out on what is truely one of the best games in the last 10 years.

Sega of Japan has been developing this game for 7 years, it turned into a masterpiece of a game.

Highly recommend checking this game out.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Well, at least it's not Tribes Ascend.

Meh.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
It was pretty fun but GOTY material? Nah.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

doesn't look goty material,but it looks actually kinda cool

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zlychop

almasdeathchild
The concept of the game was awesome.
I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts
game was cool, campaign was awesome
Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zlychop
game was cool, campaign was awesomeI_AM_MEGATRON
Yeah, came in not expecting much then got complete blown away by how good the campaign was.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

Zlychop

im reading the info on gamefly it sounds pretty cool and the pictures look epic. it's in my #1 slot after i get finished with L.A noir

can't wait

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I disagree, but I'm glad you love it :) Mine so far is Max Payne 3 and i know plenty of people complain about it so you don't need ot quote me and do it more.

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zlychop

[QUOTE="Zlychop"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

almasdeathchild

im reading the info on gamefly it sounds pretty cool and the pictures look epic. it's in my #1 slot after i get finished with L.A noir

can't wait

Nice, trust me you"ll like it a lot.

This is the first game I replayed over 3 times within the span of a week, lol.

What's also nice about it is the ending of the game changes depending on your squad members (some may or may not die and stuff like that), using a trust system (leveling).

You"ll find out what that is, but the game has alternate endings and not every scene is the same.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="Zlychop"] The concept of the game was awesome.Zlychop

can't wait

Nice, trust me you"ll like it a lot. This is the first game I replayed over 3 times within the span of a week, lol. What's also nice about it is the ending of the game changes depends on your squad members, using a trust system. You"ll find out what that is, but the game has alternate endings and not every scene is the same.

huh a shooter that sounds promising and worth while. and it's man VS machine which honestly sounds amazing having killed enough forigners aliens and zombies for the last 4 years

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zlychop

[QUOTE="Zlychop"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]im reading the info on gamefly it sounds pretty cool and the pictures look epic. it's in my #1 slot after i get finished with L.A noir

can't wait

almasdeathchild

Nice, trust me you"ll like it a lot. This is the first game I replayed over 3 times within the span of a week, lol. What's also nice about it is the ending of the game changes depends on your squad members, using a trust system. You"ll find out what that is, but the game has alternate endings and not every scene is the same.

huh a shooter that sounds promising and worth while. and it's man VS machine which honestly sounds amazing having killed enough forigners aliens and zombies for the last 4 years

Yeah, the game is about man vs machine but with an interesting story behind it. It's not a Terminator kind of story but something completely new.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Tried the demo. Didn't come off as GOTY quality. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy it when it's cheap new.

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zlychop

I disagree, but I'm glad you love it :) Mine so far is Max Payne 3 and i know plenty of people complain about it so you don't need ot quote me and do it more.

immortality20
Max Payne 3 wasn't bad, it was just more of what we've come to expect from a modern TPS and we all knew about the series beforehand. Binary Domain literally came out of nowhere with no expectations behind it.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="Zlychop"] Nice, trust me you"ll like it a lot. This is the first game I replayed over 3 times within the span of a week, lol. What's also nice about it is the ending of the game changes depends on your squad members, using a trust system. You"ll find out what that is, but the game has alternate endings and not every scene is the same.Zlychop

Yeah, the game is about man vs machine but with an interesting story behind it. It's not a Terminator kind of story but something completely new.

im willing to grab what i can get atm every game has kinda been meh this year except like the last couple months. though this and TC future soldier should hold me off till darksiders 2 then that can hold me till DOA5 and borderlands 2.....well you get the point

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zlychop

[QUOTE="Zlychop"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]huh a shooter that sounds promising and worth while. and it's man VS machine which honestly sounds amazing having killed enough forigners aliens and zombies for the last 4 years

almasdeathchild

im willing to grab what i can get atm every game has kinda been meh this year except like the last couple months. though this and TC future soldier should hold me off till darksiders 2 then that can hold me till DOA5 and borderlands 2.....well you get the point

You have good taste :p

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 I_AM_MEGATRON
[QUOTE="I_AM_MEGATRON"]game was cool, campaign was awesomeZlychop
Yeah, came in not expecting much then got complete blown away by how good the campaign was.

yeah. i didn't even read the reviews. i saw some gameplay vids, thought it was cool and bought it. game didn't dissapoint me, story is good (i robot alike), campaign is better than all gears campaigns combined (the bosses were killer especially imo the highway boss). still got it, don't plan to sell it.
Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zlychop

[QUOTE="Zlychop"][QUOTE="I_AM_MEGATRON"]game was cool, campaign was awesomeI_AM_MEGATRON

yeah. i didn't even read the reviews. i saw some gameplay vids, thought it was cool and bought it. game didn't dissapoint me, story is good (i robot alike), campaign is better than all gears campaigns combined (the bosses were killer especially imo the highway boss). still got it, don't plan to sell it.

Lol, dude I was saying the same thing while playing.

This game is so much better than Gears, it pulled off the TPS cover based gameplay better.

The highway boss was a pain to kill, especially on No Mercy difficulty. Took 20 minutes to kill it.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="Zlychop"] Yeah, the game is about man vs machine but with an interesting story behind it. It's not a Terminator kind of story but something completely new.Zlychop

You have good taste :p

haha.thanks though ghost recon is like a refresh from other shooters ive played i havend touched a GR game since last gen. though when i game i try to have an open mind on everything. puzzles fighters rts mmo's rpgs shooters. and so forth.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

No it isn't...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/binary-domain

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/binary-domain

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/binary-domain

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_AM_MEGATRON

[QUOTE="I_AM_MEGATRON"][QUOTE="Zlychop"] Yeah, came in not expecting much then got complete blown away by how good the campaign was.Zlychop

Lol, dude I was saying the same thing while playing.

This game is so much better than Gears, it pulled off the TPS cover based gameplay better.

The highway boss was a pain to kill, especially on No Mercy difficulty. Took 20 minutes to kill it.

still have to finish it on no mercy difficulty :P
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Binary Domain is an incredible game. The only third person shooter that is better is Vanquish. Max Payne 3, the Gears series, and the rest of the modern Western TPS games are filth in comparison.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I didn't really like the demo, it was mindless shooting, with voice command gimmicks as interruptions rofl

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
the year is only half over.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts

Zlychop

The concept in 500000000000 forms of media is now awesome?
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StatusShuffle
Binary Domain is an incredible game. The only third person shooter that is better is Vanquish. Max Payne 3, the Gears series, and the rest of the modern Western TPS games are filth in comparison.famicommander
So modern Eastern TPS games are not filth? because those are pretty garbage.
Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zlychop

I didn't really like the demo, it was mindless shooting, with voice command gimmicks as interruptions rofl

parkurtommo
The demo did a bad job of showing games what the actual game is really like. I played the demo before buying the game and the full game plays a ton differently than the demo.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"]Binary Domain is an incredible game. The only third person shooter that is better is Vanquish. Max Payne 3, the Gears series, and the rest of the modern Western TPS games are filth in comparison.StatusShuffle

Vanquish is very good.
Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zlychop
Binary Domain is an incredible game. The only third person shooter that is better is Vanquish. Max Payne 3, the Gears series, and the rest of the modern Western TPS games are filth in comparison.famicommander
Bold statement :p Not a wrong one though.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
Binary Domain is the perfect example of a trash console port........so no.
Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zlychop
Binary Domain is the perfect example of a trash console port........so no.Jebus213
0_o http://store.steampowered.com/news/8162/ huh? I've played it on consoles and PC, PC version with the kb+m and it's fine.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="famicommander"]Binary Domain is an incredible game. The only third person shooter that is better is Vanquish. Max Payne 3, the Gears series, and the rest of the modern Western TPS games are filth in comparison.parkurtommo

Vanquish is very good.

It's decent, but that decentness does not excuse the other 50 pieces of garbage like Mindjack, and etc.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] So modern Eastern TPS games are not filth? because those are pretty garbage.StatusShuffle
Vanquish is very good.

It's decent, but that decentness does not excuse the other 50 pieces of garbage like Mindjack, and etc.

tumblr_m4y57huW8c1rx84jvo3_r1_400.gif

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Binary Domain is the perfect example of a trash console port........so no.Zlychop
0_o http://store.steampowered.com/news/8162/ huh? I've played it on consoles and PC, PC version with the kb+m and it's fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM-LXaQyrcw
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"]Binary Domain is an incredible game. The only third person shooter that is better is Vanquish. Max Payne 3, the Gears series, and the rest of the modern Western TPS games are filth in comparison.StatusShuffle

I mentioned two specific titles. Vanquish and Binary Domain are incredible titles which break the mold of the modern generic shooter that is often hastily cut-and-pasted into endless titles in a stream of garbage from Western publishers.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
it was pretty good but not that good. Id say the saboteur has to be the most overlooked game, hands down best gta clone this gen, no one cared.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

You disrepect the title of Game of the Year, TC.

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zlychop
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="famicommander"]Binary Domain is an incredible game. The only third person shooter that is better is Vanquish. Max Payne 3, the Gears series, and the rest of the modern Western TPS games are filth in comparison.famicommander

I mentioned two specific titles. Vanquish and Binary Domain are incredible titles which break the mold of the modern generic shooter that is often hastily cut-and-pasted into endless titles in a stream of garbage from Western publishers.

This.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 almasdeathchild

it was pretty good but not that good. Id say the saboteur has to be the most overlooked game, hands down best gta clone this gen, no one cared.dakan45
ive seen that game on shelves a few times and wanted to get it but i really didn't know what to think of it just by the box.

Zlychop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zlychop

[QUOTE="dakan45"]it was pretty good but not that good. Id say the saboteur has to be the most overlooked game, hands down best gta clone this gen, no one cared.almasdeathchild

ive seen that game on shelves a few times and wanted to get it but i really didn't know what to think of it just by the box.

Same here
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Rented it, and was pleasantly surprised by the entire package. However, my GOTY so far goes to Max Payne 3. That game is phenomenal.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"]it was pretty good but not that good. Id say the saboteur has to be the most overlooked game, hands down best gta clone this gen, no one cared.almasdeathchild

Yeah the boxart doesn't really do it any favours.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I have that game. I just haven't installed it :P

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dakan45

Listen up, saboteur is a gta clone that allows you to climb stuff like assasin creed. its simplier and more fluid that n that though, you press one button and climb up, also can move over rooftops, the maps are huge and populated with stuff to plant explosives and blow up like watch towers and tanks and camps. Thus the name saboteur. The game features an irish main character, so that makes great dialogues. The game impressed me by having a very good pacing and good main story missions, you start slow and do absoulutly awesome things later, something that gta iv did not managed due to borring missions and saints row 3 did unbalanced due to first missions having crazy gear and later on, not so much. So yeah story and mission wise its as good as san andreas, start slow get great things.

The driving mechanics are simple but work, easy driving. Kinda like vice city. It has very few races later in the game. You can collect vehicles, even tanks, you get to use plans i think but not so much its mostly based on land with tanks being the apex. Instead of cops you got nazis, at the highest levels SSS comandos from wolfenstein attack with nazi prototype weapons and there are tanks and bombers tryint to kill you. You also buy and upgrade stuff with currency that you gain by blowing stuff up and missions.

The map is fairly large with way too many things to do in the map and there is even a very large countryside around paris, kidna like the countryside in san andreas. The game has plenty of weapons and as far as i remember a pretty good cover system, shooting mehchanics are kinda like saints row 3. Also the music and the atmosphere is pretty good, the game did made me to feel bad about what nazi did in the beginign. Needless to say the game resistance missions, the paris tower, races and stealth missions ( if you want, its not a stealth game really, but you can do it and take their clothes) all of them blended the best in a main story campaign, something that most games this gen.... kinda fail

The problems are that the game is black and white til you liberate an area and that the difficulity only changes how many bullets the enemies take, its a pretty easy game, if you go with the pc version you gonna get better graphics.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="dakan45"]it was pretty good but not that good. Id say the saboteur has to be the most overlooked game, hands down best gta clone this gen, no one cared.dommeus

Yeah the boxart doesn't really do it any favours.

it's not like i look for somthing flashy but the boxart seemed different the pics on the back were interesting kinda and the discription was idk not there to me. seeing as it looks like a gta clone i got another game to add to my list(games that are sandbox im a sucker for)

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="dakan45"]it was pretty good but not that good. Id say the saboteur has to be the most overlooked game, hands down best gta clone this gen, no one cared.dakan45

Listen up, saboteur is a gta clone that allows you to climb stuff like assasin creed. its simplier and more fluid that n that though, you press one button and climb up, also can move over rooftops, the maps are huge and populated with stuff to plant explosives and blow up like watch towers and tanks and camps. Thus the name saboteur. The game features an irish main character, so that makes great dialogues. The game impressed me by having a very good pacing and good main story missions, you start slow and do absoulutly awesome things later, something that gta iv did not managed due to borring missions and saints row 3 did unbalanced due to first missions having crazy gear and later on, not so much. So yeah story and mission wise its as good as san andreas, start slow get great things.

The driving mechanics are simple but work, easy driving. Kinda like vice city. It has very few races later in the game. You can collect vehicles, even tanks, you get to use plans i think but not so much its mostly based on land with tanks being the apex. Instead of cops you got nazis, at the highest levels SSS comandos from wolfenstein attack with nazi prototype weapons and there are tanks and bombers tryint to kill you. You also buy and upgrade stuff with currency that you gain by blowing stuff up and missions.

The map is fairly large with way too many things to do in the map and there is even a very large countryside around paris, kidna like the countryside in san andreas. The game has plenty of weapons and as far as i remember a pretty good cover system, shooting mehchanics are kinda like saints row 3. Also the music and the atmosphere is pretty good, the game did made me to feel bad about what nazi did in the beginign. Needless to say the game resistance missions, the paris tower, races and stealth missions ( if you want, its not a stealth game really, but you can do it and take their clothes) all of them blended the best in a main story campaign, something that most games this gen.... kinda fail

The problems are that the game is black and white til you liberate an area and that the difficulity only changes how many bullets the enemies take, its a pretty easy game, if you go with the pc version you gonna get better graphics.

72642296-mind-blown-.gif

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dakan45
You can seriously play most of its missions like assasin creed or hitman, not as good but a mixture of both, Eg go plant explosives to that tank to distract guards and kill the SS officer, climb up the tower kill the guard and takes his clothes to pass by undetected. There is a mission you gotta find something in the cemetery and you sneak in, if you want, or play gears of war style taking cover on tombstones and get underrground to get it. There is another on a train that you blow the bridge with actual explosvies you placed and help a british female spy and then some super soldier pop up. Interesting game never the less and unlike the mercenaries series very polished. Trully hate ea for firing the team and not getting a seuqel.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Game is pretty mediocre so uh no.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 almasdeathchild

You can seriously play most of its missions like assasin creed or hitman, not as good but a mixture of both, Eg go plant explosives to that tank to distract guards and kill the SS officer, climb up the tower kill the guard and takes his clothes to pass by undetected. There is a mission you gotta find something in the cemetery and you sneak in, if you want, or play gears of war style taking cover on tombstones and get underrground to get it. There is another on a train that you blow the bridge with actual explosvies you placed and help a british female spy and then some super soldier pop up. Interesting game never the less and unlike the mercenaries series very polished. Trully hate ea for firing the team and not getting a seuqel.dakan45
buddy your making me want to go drop that 20$ now

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]You can seriously play most of its missions like assasin creed or hitman, not as good but a mixture of both, Eg go plant explosives to that tank to distract guards and kill the SS officer, climb up the tower kill the guard and takes his clothes to pass by undetected. There is a mission you gotta find something in the cemetery and you sneak in, if you want, or play gears of war style taking cover on tombstones and get underrground to get it. There is another on a train that you blow the bridge with actual explosvies you placed and help a british female spy and then some super soldier pop up. Interesting game never the less and unlike the mercenaries series very polished. Trully hate ea for firing the team and not getting a seuqel.almasdeathchild

buddy your making me want to go drop that 20$ now

Do it, the story and missions are the best since san andreas ,the shootign is good with cover sytem,driving is good enough to work without bugs or too much realism and you can run around like ezio or play dress up as hitman. Awesome worldmap too.