Game franchises that need to die

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts

There are alot of games franchises that are absolutely horrible, whether they used to be good or not, but for some reason, they just won't die. Here's a few of them.

Sonic: Stop. Just stop. Stop running, drop the rings, and give the hell up.You're old Sonic. Your games are awful. Your devs are lazy-ass idiots. Sure you had a glorious past; but those days are over now. It's time to crawl into your little hedgehog hole and die quietly. Say hello to John Romero for me while you're down there.

Dynasty Warriors: Seriously, do I need to say anything besides the name? How many lame duck sequels do we need to see for this series? Dynasty Warriors sequelsnever does anything better than their predecessors. They are always the same game, with same boring hack and slash garbage. Seriously, it's time for Koei to just kill this abomination. The entrie series is an affront to gaming as a whole.

3D Castlevania: Stay in 2D and out of 3D. No, step back, turn around, lower the whip, and stay in 2D forever. It's where you belong.

Medal of Honor: Sorry guys. The age of WWII games is over. Go away. We don't want to play with you or your Nazi friends ever again. Your medal of honor is quickly rusting away into a medal of pathetic shame, and CoD 4 is going to crush you into oblivion. Just quit now, and take it like a man.

And finally, one game that needs to die in the womb...

System Shock 3: Don't do it EA. Please. You have Madden, you have tons of money, please don't destroy the System Shock name. I'm begging you, don't do it, for the love of all that is good in the universe.

Well, that's it for me, I surely ignored some big contenders, so I want you guys to fill in the blanks for me.

What game franchises do you think should die?

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

SOnic and Dyanasty Warriors. Oh, and the Gundam games.

$10 says a Sony zealot states 'Halo' within the first two pages.

Woolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Woolman
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
First, I have never played MoH and would like a game for the Wii (MoH H2 sounds nice :))
plat1num913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 plat1num913
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
ff
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jethrovegas

First, I have never played MoH and would like a game for the Wii (MoH H2 sounds nice :))Woolman

It will belame. Trust me, it's time for the series to just drop dead.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts
i dont understand how dynasty warriors is even still around!!! they have been the same exact game (more so than maddens) since 10 years agao!!! why wont they just dissappear!!! i mean you could say final fantasy, zelda and mario have been around forever but they are no dynasty warriors!!! at least those games always try to better themselves! dynasty warrios dont even change the combo systems. i picked up the newsest one at my freinds house and used the exact same combo variation that i used when i first played a dynasty warriors game! ugh... koei needs to retire that one for good!
Avatar image for deactivated-5a385958ec9cd
deactivated-5a385958ec9cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 deactivated-5a385958ec9cd
Member since 2005 • 2293 Posts
no franchises need to die. why would they? does it matter how many games there are? we already have metal gear solid and Metroid Prime dying.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
Mario Party.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jethrovegas

Mario Party.crazyjames1080

Oh, hell yeah. Needs to die right now.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

Verge_6

why would they state halo? it is only on the third game (and hopefully final.) I mean i hate the halo franchise and think it sucks but it is realitivly a new kid on the block (que new kid on the block music.) i do hope it dies after this last game and bungie can go back to making great games like marathon though!!!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
while i cant agree with Sonic cause i really do hope to return to his former 2d glory on the ds one day everything else i can...............................oh and let me just add Megaman your time has come and gone my friend i havent played you since Mega Man X on my computer about ten years ago and from what i understand you havent changed since then puts 45 to you head) goodbye
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jethrovegas

while i cant agree with Sonic cause i really do hope to return to his former 2d glory on the ds one day everything else i can...............................oh and let me just add Megaman your time has come and gone my friend i havent played you since Mega Man X on my computer about ten years ago and from what i understand you havent changed since then puts 45 to you head) goodbyeSerraph105

Dude, I'd like to see Sonic come back too, but it's too late.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

Tony Hawk: To release a new Hawk game every year is crazy, just plain nuts. They need to stop.

Need for Speed: Same as above.

Fallout: Leave me with my fond memories of Fallout and Fallout 2. Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel were enough of an insult. Just leave the Fallout name R.I.P.

Since you mentioned System Shock 3 (which should NEVER happen) I'll mention Deus Ex 3. Deus Ex can never recover from Invisible War. It just can't happen. Don't make Deus Ex 3, please.

crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts

[QUOTE="crazyjames1080"]Mario Party.jethrovegas

Oh, hell yeah. Needs to die right now.

The games would be a lot more enjoyable if Hudson weren't developing them. Nintendo are a lot more competent.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

Verge_6

but but but, thats what the japaneese poeple like besides jrpgs. Why would u want to do that. They need bigger gaps between those type of games.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

I am suprised nobody has said the Tomb Raider series yet. I also vote to kill off:

Devil May Cry

Mario (Oh god PLEASE kill off Mario already)

Pokemon

Metal Gear

Madden (how many times can you play the same game before you realize....YOU ARE PLAYING THE SAME GAME)

World War 2 games

I think I could come up with more if I kept thinking about it.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]while i cant agree with Sonic cause i really do hope to return to his former 2d glory on the ds one day everything else i can...............................oh and let me just add Megaman your time has come and gone my friend i havent played you since Mega Man X on my computer about ten years ago and from what i understand you havent changed since then puts 45 to you head) goodbyejethrovegas

Dude, I'd like to see Sonic come back too, but it's too late.

i know that deep down but its called hope against hope for a reason

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l-_-l

[QUOTE="Woolman"]First, I have never played MoH and would like a game for the Wii (MoH H2 sounds nice :))jethrovegas

It will belame. Trust me, it's time for the series to just drop dead.

Yes, thats where you are wrong. It will not be lame to him. Can't you read? He said he has never played MoH before. So it will be a fresh experience to him. Thats far from lame in my book.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts

Madden

Gran Turismo

Pokemon

Metal gear

Sonic

Rampage

Superman (games)

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts
Sonic games are ok as long as they stay in 2D... (although the Wii version is not that bad, either)
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 accameron
Member since 2004 • 1521 Posts
Final Fantasy. Please, at least lose the Final Fantasy name, and have some spin off series, using the same gameplay and characters and graffics. Having THIRTEEN games main games with the name Final Fantasy, and countless Final fantasy spin off games with FF in the title (FF Tactics, etc). PLEASE KILL OFF FINAL FANTASY, OR AT LEAST THE NAME.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Serraph105
oh yeah and Starfox needs to either return to its 64 roots or be put down although it should keep the multiple stoyline going i did enjoy that
J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 J-REAL
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
Mario, Halo, and Devil May Cry
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stika
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts

I am suprised nobody has said the Tomb Raider series yet. I also vote to kill off:l-_-l

what are you talking about? the Tomb raider series have made a damn good comeback with legends and the aniversary edition, crystal dynamics (the creater of the legacy of kain series) did a great job

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Need for Speed - This series has now become nothing more than Fast and the Furious GARBAGE. There has now been around 13 games and only 4 of them, the FIRST 4 at that, were decent. Die Please.

Madden - How can this series continue on when it doesn't even have Madden in it anymore? On top of that it has been garbage every year since '05. '04 was the last decent game. 4 years ago.

Mario Sports Spinoffs - Do we needa new basketball/baseball/soccer game just because Mario is in it? NO

Dynasty Warriors - Die please. But the new one looks like it might revive the series. MIGHT.

Naruto - Xplay was right

Halo - For the simple fact I don't want to hear it get hyped for 18 months

Armored Core - Has this series ever been good?

Tomb Raider - We've had enough. Good-Bye!

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"]

I am suprised nobody has said the Tomb Raider series yet. I also vote to kill off:stika

what are you talking about? the Tomb raider series have made a damn good comeback with legends and the aniversary edition, crystal dynamics (the creater of the legacy of kain series) did a great job

:lol: Not a chance. TR1+2 was the best in the series.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105

Mario, Halo, and Devil May CryJ-REAL

oh your just trying to get an argument going arent ya?

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Tony Hawk: To release a new Hawk game every year is crazy, just plain nuts. They need to stop.

Need for Speed: Same as above.

Fallout: Leave me with my fond memories of Fallout and Fallout 2. Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel were enough of an insult. Just leave the Fallout name R.I.P.

Since you mentioned System Shock 3 (which should NEVER happen) I'll mention Deus Ex 3. Deus Ex can never recover from Invisible War. It just can't happen. Don't make Deus Ex 3, please.

RobbieH1234

all above along with MoH.

i would really not see like fallout 3, especially by bethesda. for me fallout will always mean fallout 1 & 2.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I actually wouldn't mind a new SS game, and I don't mean just some random spiritual successor like Bioshock. I want to see what happened to that freak of an AI system. The ending cinematic left me wondering.
enral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 enral
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts

1) Mario and other spinoffs

2) Pokemon

3) Sonic

4) Dynasty warriors

5) Gundam games

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
[QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="l-_-l"]

I am suprised nobody has said the Tomb Raider series yet. I also vote to kill off:l-_-l

Dude, TR:Anniversary is a remake of TR1 and it looks and plays great. Crystal Dynamics resurrected the series in fine style and if they can keep it up I'd love to have a few more from them. Besides, they have to finish the story line from TR:Legends.
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stika
[QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="l-_-l"]

lol so in your opinion even if the sequels are great they should die just because they are not as good as the originals.... wow.. thank god you dont run the gaming world

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

I'm surprised at all the people wanting Mario to die off

Mario IS video games. Can't imagine videogames without him

stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stika

DarthaPerkinjan

people used to make such claims about atari (when it used to make consoles) and videogames are still alive right?

EDIT: however i do not think mario should die, i mean why should it, if we exclude crap like mario hotel and mario party it created great games, i dont like´em but they are still great

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts
The only one I can think of that I haven't seen yet is Bomberman. Yeah, the XBLA game was decent, but the series is pretty much dead nonetheless.
J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 J-REAL

I hate Mario! Love it when there was nothing else to play when the 1st nintedo came out and the 64 but seriously Mario! I mean I would to see Mario series to turn into a RPG with bad a$$ graphics. They have the game world for it and they tried it with paper Mario and it was all right, but I guess Ninten-dog isnt targeting hardcore gamers but little kids in stuff.

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

I actually wouldn't mind a new SS game, and I don't mean just some random spiritual successor like Bioshock. I want to see what happened to that freak of an AI system. The ending cinematic left me wondering. Vandalvideo

Considering it's EA, it'd probably get made more commercially friendly, adding in 'humour', rap/pop/emo music, and they'd probably just turn SHODAN's manifestation into some big nasty looking thing that yells a lot of typical dialogue and exudes genericness. The lack of charm that made the older games great wouldn't be worth putting yourself through to see what they do with the storyline.

All my opinion of course, but still.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

DarthaPerkinjan

When a high AA is considered a the biggest flop in a series? That's definately a series that should be around for a very long time.

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

I hate Mario! Love it when there was nothing else to play when the 1st nintedo came out and the 64 but seriously Mario! I mean I would to see Mario series to turn into a RPG with bad a$$ graphics. They have the game world for it and they tried it with paper Mario and it was all right, but I guess Ninten-dog isnt targeting hardcore gamers but little kids in stuff.

J-REAL

If by 'bad-a$$' you mean 'violent, gory and full of explosions', then NO. Otherwise, I'd advise trying to find a copy of Legend of the Seven Stars for the SNES. Definitely the best Mario RPG, in my opinion

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Contra, Final Fantasy (enough already), Pokemon (I caught enough of them), The Sims, all tycoon games (Roller Coaster, Railroad, Zoo, Airport, Bass Tournament, Cruise Line, Cinema, Coffee, etc..http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=Tycoon&N=0) , Tekken, Dead or Alive, all Tetris clones, Gundam, Dragon Ball Z (Naruto is replacing this), Mortal Kombat (how many more are then going to make?), Syphon Filter (PS3 one should be last), etc.., etc...

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 J-REAL
[QUOTE="J-REAL"]

Jagazaar

If by 'bad-a$$' you mean 'violent, gory and full of explosions', then NO. Otherwise, I'd advise trying to find a copy of Legend of the Seven Stars for the SNES. Definitely the best Mario RPG, in my opinion

Dang never heard of it have try to find a copy of it THaxs

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I love Dynasty Warriors :( and WWII FPSs :(.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#44 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I would say Crash Bandicoot I mean Sonic does have some good 2D games and they are very fun.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 l-_-l
[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="l-_-l"]

I am suprised nobody has said the Tomb Raider series yet. I also vote to kill off:stika

lol so in your opinion even if the sequels are great they should die just because they are not as good as the originals.... wow.. thank god you dont run the gaming world

So in your opinion, if the games get crappier and crappier, they should continue on, instead of being killed off. Thank god you don't run the gaming world. :roll: :lol:
MartinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MartinMan
Member since 2005 • 1486 Posts
Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Madden, and Dynasty Warriors
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 l-_-l

DarthaPerkinjan
You don't have a very vivid imagination then.
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
Dynasty Warriors. It's going to die very soon.
ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 ShmenonPie
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
Sonic, I agree, also MOH. And Verge_6, you won't be dissapointed (although I'm not a Sony zealot), as Halo is overrated junk and needs to die. All copies of Halo 1 2 and 3 should be rounded up and burned. They are a disgrace to common decency.
stika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stika
[QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="stika"][QUOTE="l-_-l"]

So in your opinion, if the games get crappier and crappier, they should continue on, instead of being killed off. Thank god you don't run the gaming world. :roll: :lol:

im sorry... THIS is your definition of crappy?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/tombraider10thanniversaryedition/index.html?tag=result;title;0

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraidervii/index.html?tag=result;title;4

but wait there´s more, if you notice it, there is little diference in score between aniversay and the original ones

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraider/index.html?tag=result;title;8

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tombraider2/index.html?tag=result;title;9

like i said, thank god you dont run the gaming world

so tell me where is the crapyness? it seems to me the scores were pretty close