Future Xbox 360 Exclusives will Surpass Killzone 2: Microsoft

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snverhallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 snverhallen
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

Sorry if this was posted already. - http://www.gameguru.in/microsoft-xbox-360/2009/02/future-xbox-360-exclusives-will-surpass-killzone-2-microsoft/

What do you think of this, I definitely think the 360 can surpass Killzone 2 but "to far surpass what gamers have ever seen in any game so far" is quite the claim. So does this mean E3 this year is going to be heaven for 360 gamers because of all these amazing new 360 exclusives that may come out?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Sorry if this was posted already. - http://www.gameguru.in/microsoft-xbox-360/2009/02/future-xbox-360-exclusives-will-surpass-killzone-2-microsoft/

What do you think of this, I definitely think the 360 can surpass Killzone 2 but "to far surpass what gamers have ever seen in any game so far" is quite the claim. So does this mean E3 this year is going to be heaven for 360 gamers because of all these amazing new 360 exclusives that may come out?

snverhallen
maybe,maybe not,let's wait and see before getting all excited and setting ourselves up for future ownage
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
They'd have to announced those said exclusives first...
UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Sounds like your average chest-beating exercise. A relatively rare occurrence from Microsoft.

And yes, this has been posted before.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Let's see something first, then we'll talk. And yes, this was already posted short after the release of KZ2.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
my personal opinion. Shut up and deliver. You can say whatever you want but until we see it then it is a lie just like the cake.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
it's very much possible with 2-3 years left in the gen, although i think gears 2 still gives killzone 2 a good fight, so gears 3 maybe?
MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

All developers have said comments like this before.

cool_beans1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 cool_beans1
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts
Well of course an 360 exclusive will surpass K2, then a PS3 exclusive will surpass that 360 exclusive and so on.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#11 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I hope it's true, because that would mean there is a pretty impressive game on the horizon. If it's not true, it'll be upsetting. I don't want MS pulling a Sony by overpromising and underdelivering. :?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Perfect Dark 2 will look better than Killzone 2.:P

Anyways, this is old news and probably not true.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Are they talking sales or tech? Saleswise is pretty much a given. Techwise, it's possible, but so far, it's doubtful. Unless they have bought a tech powerhouse dev like Criterion, I'm really skeptical. But I'm more interested in good games over pretty graphics.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#14 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

this comment was made like a week after the release of KZ2. old news.

xroguekillax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xroguekillax
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts
Much easier to say than actually do. I'll believe it when I see something for the 360 that actually looks better than Killzone 2
stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

funny thread..lol..360 uses last gen tech no way they can have games that will look better then all the PS3 exclusive games...

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

i guess thats cool, but KZ2 graphics werent great. Crysis spoiled me.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
I hope it's true, because that would mean there is a pretty impressive game on the horizon. If it's not true, it'll be upsetting. I don't want MS pulling a Sony by overpromising and underdelivering. :?musicalmac
I don't know, I don't think Sony underdelivered if MS has to make a vague press announcement that they think they might be able to beat or match one of Sony's current big exclusives. Doesnt sound like underdelivering, sounds like setting the bar.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 musicalmac  Moderator
I don't know, I don't think Sony underdelivered if MS has to make a vague press announcement that they think they might be able to beat or match one of Sony's current big exclusives. Doesnt sound like underdelivering, sounds like setting the bar.Javy03
You're ignoring the past. Sony was the champion of overpromising and underdelivering. Given how much Killzone 2 delivered, I don't want MS to start doing the same to save face. Plus another high quality game is always good news. Would you not agree?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I think I will believe it when MS puts up, and if they don't, they can shut up. IMHO at least.
STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 STRETCH-E
Member since 2009 • 631 Posts

You're ignoring the past. Sony was the champion of overpromising and underdelivering.musicalmac

Totally. The PS1 and the PS2 were such garbage. Especially compared to their rival consoles.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 musicalmac  Moderator

Totally. The PS1 and the PS2 were such garbage. Especially compared to their rival consoles.

STRETCH-E
I guess I assumed people would understand I was talking about the PS3's early days. Sadly I assumed wrong :(
Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"]I don't know, I don't think Sony underdelivered if MS has to make a vague press announcement that they think they might be able to beat or match one of Sony's current big exclusives. Doesnt sound like underdelivering, sounds like setting the bar.musicalmac
You're ignoring the past. Sony was the champion of overpromising and underdelivering. Given how much Killzone 2 delivered, I don't want MS to start doing the same to save face. Plus another high quality game is always good news. Would you not agree?

I agree completely and Im a manticore. Remember "NEXT GEN DOESNT START UNTIL WE SAY IT DOES" Then they release a system with almost same quality as 360 graphically ( a little worse than 360 atm)
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
my personal opinion. Shut up and deliver. You can say whatever you want but until we see it then it is a lie just like the cake.hiryu3
MS has always delivered what they promise. They're not like Sony. MS rarely makes comments like this, and when they do, they mean it.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"]I don't know, I don't think Sony underdelivered if MS has to make a vague press announcement that they think they might be able to beat or match one of Sony's current big exclusives. Doesnt sound like underdelivering, sounds like setting the bar.musicalmac

08s exclusives show that Sony has been delivering, LBP, RE 2 and MGS4 were games that were being hyped big, some got delayed and they delivered. KZ2 is another one of those games that was hyped big and delivered. I mean both consoles have had their hyped games and both consoles have had their flops, like NG2, Halo wars, Fable 2 and LO which were all games that underdelivered and were overpromised. I think people just convinced themselves that only Sony lies and announces games early when every console has plenty examples for those sitatuions as well. And yes another high quality game is always good news. However I dont want these devs to just focus on graphics, gameplay goes along way and I don't want beautiful character models and shallow gameplay and story.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]

musicalmac
I guess I assumed people would understand I was talking about the PS3's early days. Sadly I assumed wrong :(

You know that in SW all arguments are taken to the extreme.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
This so-called "news" is entirely made up and not new by the way. Posting this, in my opinion, is just sad...
STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 STRETCH-E

[QUOTE="STRETCH-E"]

musicalmac

Well if you're talking about the early PS3 days then I would agree.

The past is vague yo.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]my personal opinion. Shut up and deliver. You can say whatever you want but until we see it then it is a lie just like the cake.MortalDecay
MS has always delivered what they promise. They're not like Sony. MS rarely makes comments like this, and when they do, they mean it.

Yeah, MS never promises anything wrong....
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

I don't think KZ2 makes up for all Sony has promised in the past. After all, KZ2 is a generic FPS with a little polish. And yes, I have played Gears of World At War ....I mean, KZ2 plenty of times.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Talk is cheap. Until I see those exclusives, I won't take this seriously.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
Forget surpassing Killzone 2, lets talk about what 360 exclusives?? They don't even have any first party development left
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 musicalmac  Moderator
08s exclusives show that Sony has been delivering, LBP, RE 2 and MGS4 were games that were being hyped big, some got delayed and they delivered. KZ2 is another one of those games that was hyped big and delivered. I mean both consoles have had their hyped games and both consoles have had their flops, like NG2, Halo wars, Fable 2 and LO which were all games that underdelivered and were overpromised. I think people just convinced themselves that only Sony lies and announces games early when every console has plenty examples for those sitatuions as well. And yes another high quality game is always good news. However I dont want these devs to just focus on graphics, gameplay goes along way and I don't want beautiful character models and shallow gameplay and story.Javy03
It has nothing to do with the scores games receive. Look back at what the PS3 was supposed to be, and what it was supposed to be able to do. It's not the same machine we have today. That's a promise Sony couldn't keep.
You know that in SW all arguments are taken to the extreme. SpruceCaboose
I keep trying to give the board the benefit of the doubt. I'll continue to my grave! :P
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SpruceCaboose
Forget surpassing Killzone 2, lets talk about what 360 exclusives?? They don't even have any first party development leftEmperorSupreme
Actually they do.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]Forget surpassing Killzone 2, lets talk about what 360 exclusives?? They don't even have any first party development leftSpruceCaboose
Actually they do.

I know Bizarre, Bungie aren't tied to MS now and they closed there simulator series games down, Ensemble gone, whos left? Oh wait RARE, but I don't see them surpassing Killzone 2 with any of their games. Any others?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]Forget surpassing Killzone 2, lets talk about what 360 exclusives?? They don't even have any first party development leftEmperorSupreme
Actually they do.

I know Bizarre, Bungie aren't tied to MS now and they closed there simulator series games down, Ensemble gone, whos left? Oh wait RARE, but I don't see them surpassing Killzone 2 with any of their games. Any others?

Yes. Feel free to use Google or Wikipedia to find them. ;)
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]my personal opinion. Shut up and deliver. You can say whatever you want but until we see it then it is a lie just like the cake.MortalDecay

This is very true.
itzagir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 itzagir
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="hiryu3"]my personal opinion. Shut up and deliver. You can say whatever you want but until we see it then it is a lie just like the cake.lhughey

This is very true.

I third this. I have yet to be dissapoited by them.. unlike... 4D, 120 fps, double res, giant enemy crab and cell powah.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
...Who cares anyways, how bout they focus on gameplay.. Games years old like Dead Rising still look great, and do not need to look better.. What needs to be focused on is gameplay.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="lhughey"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"] MS has always delivered what they promise. They're not like Sony. MS rarely makes comments like this, and when they do, they mean it.itzagir
This is very true.

I third this. I have yet to be dissapoited by them.. unlike... 4D, 120 fps, double res, giant enemy crab and cell powah.

:lol: MS rarely delivers -E3 2007 showing off CGI Halo3 and claiming it's "In-game" - didn't even get close to delivering -Saying PS3 will never surpass 360 graphically because they have a 1 year lead, easier to develop for and we are a software company - MS is failing on this -How many times have they lied about having exclusive games? Then later the game comes out on PC or PS3. So happy I saved my money -Defects are within industry norms - The biggest lie of this entire generation -I even remember when MS was telling 360 owners Blu-ray games on PS3 were going to cost $100-200 because their DVD games were $60 -Just pull up any Aaron Greenburg interview you'll find plenty of mistruths -And this topic is another example of MS and their nonsense, you could go on all day
STRETCH-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 STRETCH-E

Every time you see the "Only on Xbox 360" logo on a game, that's a broken promise.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SpruceCaboose

:lol: MS rarely delivers -E3 2007 showing off CGI Halo3 and claiming it's "In-game" - didn't even get close to delivering -Saying PS3 will never surpass 360 graphically because they have a 1 year lead, easier to develop for and we are a software company - MS is failing on this -How many times have they lied about having exclusive games? Then later the game comes out on PC or PS3. So happy I saved my money -Defects are within industry norms - The biggest lie of this entire generation -I even remember when MS was telling 360 owners Blu-ray games on PS3 were going to cost $100-200 because their DVD games were $60 -Just pull up any Aaron Greenburg interview you'll find plenty of mistruths -And this topic is another example of MS and their nonsense, you could go on all dayEmperorSupreme
Be quiet! Sony is the only company that lies. Facts to refute that illogical and flawed statement don't exist. I can't hear you!

*Spruce sticks fingers in his ears*

lalalalala

:D

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Thanks for the announce, MS :roll:. Now how about naming a few of those exclusives?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SpruceCaboose

Every time you see the "Only on Xbox 360" logo on a game, that's a broken promise.

STRETCH-E
Not every time. Just some of the time.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts

They probably will.

but its not as if micrsoft are going to say " ok , you got us , we cant do better than that "

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

When they decide to show something instead of stating something as fact, then i'll listen. Until then I can only guess that they will.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Eh, we will see. I hope they are, I always look for improvement in my games.
kingfire11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kingfire11
Member since 2005 • 1498 Posts
"Just Wait" :lol:
De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts

Dear MicroSoft...

The free pass of love you are getting from the public and press is soon to end. You obviously did not pay close attention to the back lash Sony got for "big talk" and "just wait" promisses. We know the situation is dire, you blew your wad in order to gobble up market share. Congrats... now you must prove than you have content in the pipe line. Don't look for DLC to help, it'll only carry you so far.

Put up or shut up.

dayshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dayshot
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

it's not going to happen m$ is threatened by sony and has to make a comeback but honestly xbox can't create graphics as good as Killzone 2 or MGS4/ Uncharted for that matter.

M$ is good at false advertisement heck if they can sell broken products to millions of vulnerable brains they can do anything.