Future consoles and streaming service's to coexist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

I don't think dedicated consoles will be going away anytime soon, I believe what will happen is you will see consoles and also streaming services coexisting. It will just depend if you want to digitally download the game or just stream the game maybe you'll pay the same price to have always access to stream that game at any time or something like that, kind of like how Sony is doing with PS now, even Phil Spencer has recently stated that he wants a future where the games follow you no matter on what device (I'm paraphrasing). Also considering that internet worldwide is still not on a good enough standard for everyone to stream, honestly as long as they make profit still I don't see anything changing, they'll be enthusiasts for both sides. Anyway what do you fine folks think?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Initially yes Streaming will be launched through a home console, they can and are doing it now. However, once they have an individual streaming set top box, that costs a fraction of the console to make and buy people will start to use it the home console will start lose sales and money. Eventually they won't be viable and the home console of old will disappear, System Wars will start to argue which monthly services is better.

PC will be affected as well but it'll take a lot longer for it to be replaced, the difference is that PC enthusiasts will always want the more powerful hardware so the transition will take a lot longer. Besides PC's have always been and will always be streaming machines. Console manufacturers couldn't care less about hardware enthusiasts, they make up a tiny fraction of their user base.