Four Rumored Xbox Next Launch Titles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

Good, nothing to make me buy the system at launch. I'll wait for price drop and 10-15 exclusives that aren't kinect(lol) and aren't named Halo/Gears/Forza. Heil68
What do you have against halo, gears and forza? Forza is lIke the best racing game available. If you haven't played it you are missing out. Alan Wake 2 will be awesome and who knows what the Epic game could be, might not even be gears.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm interested in Destiny.

But that's kinda also releasing on the PS4 and 360 as well, so...yeah...

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Miketheman83

Mark my words, alan wake 2 will be released on PC as well.

Remedy didn't go to hell and back to make the same mistake twice.

Animal-Mother

Already begging for console scraps and the game hasn't even been announced yet :lol:

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Killer Instinct is one also. Microsoft just had a legal battle with Fox over the trademark of the name and they are able to use it now. They would not have gone through all that trouble for nothing, at least I doubt it.

Here is a link about it

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Miketheman83

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/four-rumored-xbox-next-launch-titles#.UWwRRMptZI2

"So news hit this morning that the next Forza game would indeed be a launch title. I heard some news last month about the possible launch titles for Xbox Next and kept a lid on it up until now. My source has told me that PGR5, Alan Wake 2, an unnamed Epic game and of course Destiny were going to be launch titles. According to an update I got today, Alan Wake 2 will be exclusive to Xbox Next but wont be a launch title. PGR5 is supposedly being set for launch, but I kind of wonder what sense it would make to have 2 racing franchises as launch titles. Its being worked on by Lucid Games, which is a small company spear headed by Ex-Bizarre and Criterion developers. Theres no word on the Epic game and you already know about Destiny. All of this is rumor of course so take it with a grain of salt until its confirmed by official sources."

So far the rumors  are  saying this could be the possible launch lineup

Forza Motorsport 5
AlaN WAKE 2 (launch window?)
Zombie IP ( Black Tusk Studios?)
Epic exclusive (Fortnite? Gears? New IP?)
Project Gotham Racing 5
RYSE
Rare's Pixar-ish Family game

Destiny
Watch Dogs
Thief 4?
Battlefield 4
AC Black Flag
Next Gen CoD
Witcher 3 : The Wild Hunt
Dragon Age 3?
Prey 2?
Just Cause 3

And  there is also the rumor that Microsoft and EA have some partnershipgoing on. 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Enough of the fukking Zombie games. JHesus Christ.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Good, nothing to make me buy the system at launch. I'll wait for price drop and 10-15 exclusives that aren't kinect(lol) and aren't named Halo/Gears/Forza.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

nic  

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Good, nothing to make me buy the system at launch. I'll wait for price drop and 10-15 exclusives that aren't kinect(lol) and aren't named Halo/Gears/Forza. Heil68
You'll buy it on launch day and you'll love it.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Good, nothing to make me buy the system at launch. I'll wait for price drop and 10-15 exclusives that aren't kinect(lol) and aren't named Halo/Gears/Forza. Miketheman83
What do you have against halo, gears and forza? Forza is Luke the best racing game available. If you haven't played it you are missing out. Alan Wake 2 will be awesome and who knows what the Epic game could be, might not even be gears.

Nothing expect Ive played them to death and I'm tired of them. Nothing wrong with that. I still have Horiizon to play and I bought that on Black Friday, Still haven't got past level 30 in Forza4, still plenty of that to play. I dont need new Forza games. Alan Wake 2 should be great and it would be something that I would buy,
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Good, nothing to make me buy the system at launch. I'll wait for price drop and 10-15 exclusives that aren't kinect(lol) and aren't named Halo/Gears/Forza. Miketheman83

What do you have against halo, gears and forza? Forza is lIke the best racing game available. If you haven't played it you are missing out. Alan Wake 2 will be awesome and who knows what the Epic game could be, might not even be gears.

Maybe he doesn't like those games? At least Heil has experience with the 360. He owns one. Do you own a PS3? You seem to criticize it an awful lot. I'm curious if you speak from experience.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Good, nothing to make me buy the system at launch. I'll wait for price drop and 10-15 exclusives that aren't kinect(lol) and aren't named Halo/Gears/Forza. Heil68
What do you have against halo, gears and forza? Forza is Luke the best racing game available. If you haven't played it you are missing out. Alan Wake 2 will be awesome and who knows what the Epic game could be, might not even be gears.

Nothing expect Ive played them to death and I'm tired of them. Nothing wrong with that. I still have Horiizon to play and I bought that on Black Friday, Still haven't got past level 30 in Forza4, still plenty of that to play. I dont need new Forza games. Alan Wake 2 should be great and it would be something that I would buy,

Horizon is the best one so far in my opinion, definitely play it.
jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/four-rumored-xbox-next-launch-titles#.UWwRRMptZI2

"So news hit this morning that the next Forza game would indeed be a launch title. I heard some news last month about the possible launch titles for Xbox Next and kept a lid on it up until now. My source has told me that PGR5, Alan Wake 2, an unnamed Epic game and of course Destiny were going to be launch titles. According to an update I got today, Alan Wake 2 will be exclusive to Xbox Next but wont be a launch title. PGR5 is supposedly being set for launch, but I kind of wonder what sense it would make to have 2 racing franchises as launch titles. Its being worked on by Lucid Games, which is a small company spear headed by Ex-Bizarre and Criterion developers. Theres no word on the Epic game and you already know about Destiny. All of this is rumor of course so take it with a grain of salt until its confirmed by official sources."

Forza Motorsport 5
Project Gotham Racing 5
RYSE

Destiny
Watch Dogs
Thief 4?
Battlefield 4
AC Black Flag
Next Gen CoD
Dragon Age 3?
Prey 2?
Just Cause 3

And  there is also the rumor that Microsoft and EA have some partnershipgoing on. 

Miketheman83

Those look like wild guesses.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Good, nothing to make me buy the system at launch. I'll wait for price drop and 10-15 exclusives that aren't kinect(lol) and aren't named Halo/Gears/Forza. clone01

Maybe he doesn't like those games? At least Heil has experience with the 360. He owns one. Do you own a PS3? You seem to criticize it an awful lot. I'm curious if you speak from experience.

Maybe he doesn't that's why I asked. I had a PS3 until it got the YLOD.
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Only thing interesting in that list is Forza 5, which has a rather niche following.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Forza Motorsport 5
Project Gotham Racing 5
RYSE

Destiny
Watch Dogs
Thief 4?
Battlefield 4
AC Black Flag
Next Gen CoD
Dragon Age 3?
Prey 2?
Just Cause 3

jhcho2

Those look like wild guesses.

Nah the rest of the games on that list are taken from this rumor www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/11/ryse-forza-rumored-as-xbox-720-launch-titles There are also rumours if some sort of EA/Microsoft partnership.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

nic  

PonchoTaco

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CanYouDiglt
Since I do not want to start a thread just to ask a question I will just put it here, What was that thing called that Microsoft showed where when playing a game it takes up the entire wall?
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Badosh
Since I do not want to start a thread just to ask a question I will just put it here, What was that thing called that Microsoft showed where when playing a game it takes up the entire wall?CanYouDiglt
IllumiRoom
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Since I do not want to start a thread just to ask a question I will just put it here, What was that thing called that Microsoft showed where when playing a game it takes up the entire wall?Badosh
IllumiRoom

That is it and thank you. I really hope that makes it to the console because that was pretty sweet.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
The epic exclusive is not Fortnite
ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ferrarimanf355
Member since 2005 • 1884 Posts

I honestly hope Forza V isn't a launch title, I heard rumors that Dan Greenwalt asked for and got an extra year to work on it so it would be perfect. 

I'll happily take PGRV, though. :D

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clone01
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] What do you have against halo, gears and forza? Forza is lIke the best racing game available. If you haven't played it you are missing out. Alan Wake 2 will be awesome and who knows what the Epic game could be, might not even be gears.Miketheman83

Maybe he doesn't that's why I asked. I had a PS3 until it got the YLOD.

For some reason, I don't believe you.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

I can't see both PGR and Forza being launch titles, that doesn't make sense. PGR5 at launch with FORZA 5 in Q1 or Q2 2014 seems more likely.

I also have a strong suspicion that a Minecraft "Xbox 720" version will be a console exclusive launch title ;)

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Not that bad and not that good either and compare to the ps4 is on par since there wasn't anything exciited about it and was mostly multiplats too.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
God Dammit Viva Pinata 3 or no dice ol' Jack needs his Garden simulator goodness.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Looks okay overall. Pgr and Forza at the same time is hard to believe. 

Won't care too much either way until any of it is announced officially

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Since I do not want to start a thread just to ask a question I will just put it here, What was that thing called that Microsoft showed where when playing a game it takes up the entire wall?CanYouDiglt
IllumiRoom

That is it and thank you. I really hope that makes it to the console because that was pretty sweet.

Looked kind of cool, but don't you need a projector to use it?

Kind of impractical. 

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Badosh
God Dammit Viva Pinata 3 or no dice ol' Jack needs his Garden simulator goodness.Jack-Burton
Damn right.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It'll be hard to not play Alan Wake 2.... if the rumor is even true (likely not).

But I'll wait for the inevitable PC release even if it is real. What do XBOX owners have as exclusives now at the end of the generation?

Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo ODST, Halo 4, Gears 2 & 3, Forza series..... Geee MS, thx for the variety :roll:

Oh... and the 360 has Lost Odyssey... probably the most unique exclusive on the machine, which is funny, since by other systems standards its a very normal game.

MS can kiss my a$$. They'll get very little of my money in this new generation.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I'd buy a 720 if they made Alan Wake 2, a good exclusive Tenchu game and/or a repeat of exclusive Grand Theft Auto episodes DLC for GTA 5.

And Godny would have to deal, tbh.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clone01

It'll be hard to not play Alan Wake 2.... if the rumor is even true (likely not).moistsandwich

Indeed it would be awesome. I thought Alan Wake was great. Have yet to play American Nightmare.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#34 musicalmac
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
They could have done worse, that's for sure.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
stfuandplay.com .....seems legit.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Only (exclusive) game on that list I care about is Rare's alleged "Pixar-ish" game. I'd love to see them return to platformers.

Other than that though, I'm expecting (again) 80% of Xbox's library to be available on Sony's console as well or PC. If so, I think I'll stick with Wii-U, PS4, and PC next-generation until a massive price-drop with some interesting titles.

Predominately, I purchased a 360 this generation because most console multiplats looked and played better on 360. I doubt the same will happen next-generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#37 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

... and I couldnt be any less impressed

wait I am! No Halo 5?! 0_o

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

At the moment Fortnite is a PC exclusive, as in it's only been announced for PC. I suspect it will end up on at least one of the next consoles as well, probably both.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Miketheman83

You got to be kidding me.O_o

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Forza Motorsport 5
Project Gotham Racing 5
RYSE

Destiny
Watch Dogs
Thief 4?
Battlefield 4
AC Black Flag
Next Gen CoD
Dragon Age 3?
Prey 2?
Just Cause 3

Miketheman83

lol

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Miketheman83
Knack
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Alan Wake 2 is the only interesting game and it will not be exclusive.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Miketheman83

Already begging for console scraps and the game hasn't even been announced yet :lol:

We have like 500 other exclusives to play in the meantime
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

I have no doubts that forza and a rare title will be on the launch, but I'm not holding my breath for the others. & PGR? The way I see it, Arizona has a better chance of getting hit with a blizzard.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Doesn't have remote play with Vita. Therefore it's irrelevant what games the next xbox has. I'm getting a PS4 no matter what. Remote play with Vita is the killer app for next gen as far as I'm concerned.