Forza Motorsport 3 = Racing Game of the Generation(56k Warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#551 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

It does look like an absolutely awesome game. I'd choose it over GT5 at this stage.

mr-krinkles
any person who has knowledge of good racing games would too. ;)
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#552 jessesalinas

WTF people are saying Forza > GT? Are you crazy?

adv_tr00per

ummm....have you been hiding under a rock since 2005? :?

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#553 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="nitsud_19"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] In SW, scores do equal quality, what's the point of the spreadsheets then, which tracks the highest quality games based on scores? Scores can be subjective, but on the spreadsheets, they are objective. And this is why I don't like using sales, even amazing games don't sell that well. It may not flop in sales, but in SW scores, that's a different story...

So a score on Gamespot will consider if a game is a worldwide flop, gotchya...

In System Wars we use GS scores. They determine what flops in System Wars.

Exactly ;)
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
Yeah but Gran Turismo is the game for me, and the millions who buy it will also agree.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#555 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="GiantMuffin"]

That's cool TC. Decals are fun.

I prefer to play and race a real simulator though, so GT5 will be for me.

jessesalinas

and neither GT or Forza series are "REAL SIMULATORS"

Compared to the GTR games, I agree.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#556 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Please..Someone lock this damn thread..

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557 jessesalinas

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="adv_tr00per"]

WTF people are saying Forza > GT? Are you crazy?

AdobeArtist

GT>Forza on gamerankings/metacritic.

Forza>GT on Gamespot.

Done.:)

Lets clarify that further. The ONLY GT games which outscore Forza, on Gamespot or Metacritic, are the ones that were out before Forza ever arrived (GT 1-3). Which says those games couldn't be compared to one that wasn't out yet at the time. Now go by the GT games which were around when there was Forza to compete with (GT4 and onwards), and what do we see? GT hasn't scored higher than Forza since then.

Logic doesnt belong here in SW. :P

please leave now :P

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]

[QUOTE="GiantMuffin"]

Compared to the GTR games, I agree.

i agree. :)
GiantMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559 GiantMuffin
Member since 2009 • 420 Posts

[QUOTE="GiantMuffin"]

jessesalinas

Well in your opinion I suppose.

For me personally GT is a great simulation though, and I prefer it over Forza for that sole reason, it's more fun to me than decals.

ksko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560 ksko
Member since 2007 • 509 Posts

when GT5 comes out and ownes FM3 somebody remember to bring this thread up again so we can laugh at these jokers:D

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#561 jessesalinas

when GT5 comes out and ownes FM3 somebody remember to bring this thread up again so we can laugh at these jokers:D

ksko
and when GT5 doesnt outscore FM3, I'll Remember to do the same. ;)
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562 jessesalinas

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]

[QUOTE="GiantMuffin"]

GiantMuffin

Well in your opinion I suppose.

For me personally GT is a great simulation though, and I prefer it over Forza for that sole reason, it's more fun to me than decals.

you obviously never played Forza Series..

and its not an "Opinion" that Forza and GT are nowhere near to being a "Real Simulator",its a Fact:)

and once again, those are not decals,those are liveries. ;)

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#563 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] GT>Forza on gamerankings/metacritic.

Forza>GT on Gamespot.

Done.:)

jessesalinas

Lets clarify that further. The ONLY GT games which outscore Forza, on Gamespot or Metacritic, are the ones that were out before Forza ever arrived (GT 1-3). Which says those games couldn't be compared to one that wasn't out yet at the time. Now go by the GT games which were around when there was Forza to compete with (GT4 and onwards), and what do we see? GT hasn't scored higher than Forza since then.

Well fine then.

**packs up bags, plays "Hulk - Sad Walking Away" score**

:P:P

Peiner09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 Peiner09
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts
[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Polyphony had their chance to go head2head with Turn10, but they chickened out and begged Sony to dump another $20 million into GT5 so it wouldn't get smeared all over the pavement by FM3.

5yrs dev cycle, $60 million. What a joke.

How do PS3 owners feel about waiting 4yrs. after the release of the PS3 for a killer app racing game? Hold on. Let me guess...just wait.

FM3 is the definitive racer of this gen. Admit it cows.

Unlike Forza 3 developers who do nothing but bad-mouth other respectable developers and as it turned out release rushed, bugged and unfinished racing title, (DoIhave to post car psychics rollovers from youtube for you?).

Polyphony Digital always delivered quantity and quality, those projects aren't re-hashed Forza products but actual hearth and love put into the making.

If money spent and time taken does not equal phenomenal products then I don't know what does. Take a good look at games that took such a long period of time and they deliver superb game, Blizzard games come to mind.

You sound just like that Forza 3 representative American prick no respect for other developers.

I would be ashamed to be a fellow Xbox 360 gamer, truly sad..

You are severely misinformed about turn 10. And your ignorance makes me wanna laugh.
AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#565 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

Well fine then.

**packs up bags, plays "Hulk - Sad Walking Away" score**

:P:P

Reminds me of not only the show, but the Family Guy episode that ends the same way.

I will definitely bump this thread once the GT5 score is announced. Can't wait for Forza fanboys to get owned.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566 AdobeArtist  Moderator

I will definitely bump this thread once the GT5 score is announced. Can't wait for Forza fanboys to get owned.

AndyAlfredo

Forza 3 got a 9.5. The ONLY way we get "ownage" is if GT5 somehow scores a 10 here. Disappointment is around the corner if you persist in this ;)

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#567 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

AdobeArtist

Forza 3 got a 9.5. The ONLY way we get "ownage" is if GT5 somehow scores a 10 here. Disappointment is around the corner if you persist in this ;)

.............Riiight because you would know..?

Avatar image for xnacommunityxna
xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568 xnacommunityxna
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

Sigh..Fanboys will always be fanboys, and what is the point of all those pics?

jessesalinas

the point is... Forza Series >>>>>>>>>> GT Series theres no denying this :) Forza series = AAA Series GT Series = LOL

....agreed, next topic

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 jessesalinas

[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

AdobeArtist

They obviously didnt learn from Forza 2...

many cows got owned after Forza 2 got AAAE.

those who dont know history are doomed to repeat it. ;)

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 jessesalinas

[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

[QUOTE="gamecubepad"]

Polyphony had their chance to go head2head with Turn10, but they chickened out and begged Sony to dump another $20 million into GT5 so it wouldn't get smeared all over the pavement by FM3.

5yrs dev cycle, $60 million. What a joke.

How do PS3 owners feel about waiting 4yrs. after the release of the PS3 for a killer app racing game? Hold on. Let me guess...just wait.

FM3 is the definitive racer of this gen. Admit it cows.

Peiner09

Unlike Forza 3 developers who do nothing but bad-mouth other respectable developers and as it turned out release rushed, bugged and unfinished racing title, (DoIhave to post car psychics rollovers from youtube for you?).

Polyphony Digital always delivered quantity and quality, those projects aren't re-hashed Forza products but actual hearth and love put into the making.

If money spent and time taken does not equal phenomenal products then I don't know what does. Take a good look at games that took such a long period of time and they deliver superb game, Blizzard games come to mind.

You sound just like that Forza 3 representative American prick no respect for other developers.

I would be ashamed to be a fellow Xbox 360 gamer, truly sad..

You are severely misinformed about turn 10. And your ignorance makes me wanna laugh.

This is Correct.

Not only is this Correct but it also Debunks any Person's/Fanboys arguement that "Turn 10 doesnt fix any issues"...

Turn 10 delivers quality products and they listen to the Forza community.

This new title update contains:

• Fixes to all known glitches.
  • The addition of cockpit view driver shift animations.
  • Fixes for all known Time Trial and Leaderboard exploits/bugs

What do FM3 haters have to say now? Thought so.

AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

AdobeArtist

So that would mean I'm calling a 10, eh? I can see the GS review heading "Gran Turismo 5 is an awe-inspiring synthesis of dramatic racing and endless customization." (taken from MGS4 review)

I would personally call 9.5 ownage still, meaning Forza 3 would no longer be THE king, but would have to share it's throne. Then, you factor in the difference of reviews, because GT5 will be rated against Forza 3 where Forza 3 had no other competition at the time (Standards change. Rate THPS3 and MGS4 now and they won't get 10s). Personal ownage for me. Others have their own opinion.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#572 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

lol, can ppl let this thread die please....

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Er, both GT5 and F3 seem (and in F3's case are known) to be good games. I see no issue.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

AndyAlfredo

So that would mean I'm calling a 10, eh? I can see the GS review heading "Gran Turismo 5 is an awe-inspiring synthesis of dramatic racing and endless customization." (taken from MGS4 review)

I would personally call 9.5 ownage still, meaning Forza 3 would no longer be THE king, but would have to share it's throne. Then, you factor in the difference of reviews, because GT5 will be rated against Forza 3 where Forza 3 had no other competition at the time (Standards change. Rate THPS3 and MGS4 now and they won't get 10s). Personal ownage for me. Others have their own opinion.

You calling a game scoring equally against another, "ownage" means absolutely nothing. If they're equal, they're equal. Nothing more need be said than that. But you can't claim ownage on equal scoring. And assuming GT5 does release in Mar 2010 as expected, standards don't change that much in just 6 months, so you can't play it like PDZ 9.0 against KZ2 9.0 either, which were 3 years apart.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="AndyAlfredo"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

You calling a game scoring equally against another, "ownage" means absolutely nothing. If they're equal, they're equal. Nothing more need be said than that. But you can't claim ownage on equal scoring. And assuming GT5 does release in Mar 2010 as expected, standards don't change that much in just 6 months, so you can't play it like PDZ 9.0 against KZ2 9.0 either, which were 3 years apart.

i have to agree. :)
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576 jessesalinas

Er, both GT5 and F3 seem (and in F3's case are known) to be good games. I see no issue.

psn8214
cant we all just get along? :P oh wait, this is system wars. :P
asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#577 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

This is Correct.

Not only is this Correct but it also Debunks any Person's/Fanboys arguement that "Turn 10 doesnt fix any issues"...

jessesalinas

So what, exactly did they fix? "All known" is pretty vague. There's still that occasional sound effect that sounds like static and those golf clubs are still bangin' around in my trunk, though I haven't sought out any exploits or leaderboard bugs. The only thing I noticed after the patch is the poorly timed and executed "shift animations" (which you can also see from outside the car during replays BTW). Even the framerate stutters immediately following your finish are still there.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="asylumni"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]

This is Correct.

So what, exactly did they fix? "All known" is pretty vague. There's still that occasional sound effect that sounds like static and those golf clubs are still bangin' around in my trunk, though I haven't sought out any exploits or leaderboard bugs. The only thing I noticed after the patch is the poorly timed and executed "shift animations" (which you can also see from outside the car during replays BTW). Even the framerate stutters immediately following your finish are still there.

the glitches that you mention are very minor and dont effect gameplay. sorry but your point is moot. :)
Cait__Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579 Cait__Sith
Member since 2009 • 2326 Posts

Revolution316
Its basically one guy flaming and trolling/claiming ownage on a game thats not released.
ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
[QUOTE="Cait__Sith"][QUOTE="Revolution316"]

Its basically one guy flaming and trolling/claiming ownage on a game thats not released.

I know and it's really starting to get annoying. How isn't he getting modded? Surely this is trolling.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

jessesalinas

cant we all just get along? :P oh wait, this is system wars. :P

Too true...

On topic, if I had a 360, I would certainly pick up F3. The game looks simply amazing. I wish we had a comparable experience on PC.

Additionally, I am still looking forward to GT5. If it delivers (as I hope it will) I will have my racing fix for a good while...

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#582 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

[QUOTE="asylumni"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]

This is Correct.

jessesalinas

the glitches that you mention are very minor and dont effect gameplay. sorry but your point is moot. :)

My point is moot? Why? I know they're very minor and don't effect the gameplay - that's why I haven't really griped about them before. But they are the only glitches that I've noticed and am wondering what the glitches were that were fixed.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"] LOL you're trying to compare a last gen Flop to a next gen AAAE? lol Horrible try there, bud.. 9.5 AAAE >>>>>>>>> Last gen Flops NFSU2(7.5) and NFSU(8.0) and Forza 3 is better in my books compared to DIRT 2jessesalinas

lol and both managed to sell a lot...hmm thats very likely for a flop.What one should remember is that its not always about the score of a game its about does it appeal to you and do you like it.

I for one loved NFSU2 i had that and Forza on my xbox (have a crystal one) and sank more time into NFSU2 mainly because it was what i felt a much more immersive game in a few senses like exploration and other stuff.Forza much like GT rely on the bare bones down to the knuckles and not meant to be as flashy as the whole modding cars scene.

But i laugh ar you calling it a flop i mean those NFS games were some of the highest selling last gen in a sense your logic is pretty goddamn flawed.

you of all people should know SALES=/=QUALITY, so NO, your logic is flawed. :) and i had both games too and i put way more time into Forza than any other racing game last gen.....and i sold NFSU,it was boring. :) 9.5 AAAE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Last Gen Flops

yeah and fanboys like yourself lack logic...you just keep going rawr forza triple a dude nobody cares your just another fanboy passing through.I dont mean it in the term of them sales = quality but the games are great and NOT meant to be taken seriously.In all essence your logic is just as flawed in many ways oh wow triple A is that really gonna affect casual gamer Joe Bloggs when it comes to buying the product..He's more likely to take the one with the bigger name and im sorry to say it but NFS is the more well knonw name to the casual.

But still im laughing at you saying oh flop cause i mean every reviewer has a diffrent opinion and fanboy's like yourself lap it up.

Forza 3's good put a good 6h into it at my mates this past few weeks.Still feel like they could have gave it a little more tweaking as imo i feel some environments look a tad flat also i feel sometimes like some cars have no weight when they are steering only sometimes.Also NFS is incomparable in many ways to forza and the lists too long.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#584 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Sure it is.... The only "real driving simulator"is......GTR2.Period.
Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts

I dont play racing games on PC, or games on PC period. I have a gaming laptop but find it more comfy to plant my ass on the couch. Anyway, being a 360 and PS3 owner, F3 is a beast!!!

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#586 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts
[QUOTE="def_mode"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"] LOL you're trying to compare a last gen Flop to a next gen AAAE? lol Horrible try there, bud.. 9.5 AAAE >>>>>>>>> Last gen Flops NFSU2(7.5) and NFSU(8.0) and Forza 3 is better in my books compared to DIRT 2jessesalinas

Why is that you always use gamespot's numbers in telling which is the better game? Gamespot's ratings are just like everyone's opinion.

Before we call Forza 3 the best racing game of this gen, lets atleast wait for GT5 to come out. I know you are a big Forza3 fanboy but be fair for atleast once in your lifetime. If you think Forza3 is the best, then so be it, its not like you will turn to a GT5 fanboy all of a sudden even if GT5 outscores Forza3.

You are entitled to your opinion as well as Gamespot. I think GT4 was a great game in its generation but thats just me. ONLY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. If I think NFSU is better than Forza3, then what is it to you? Its my opinion and I have different point of views than you have.

Sorry but I'd rather choose the opinion of a professional Reviewer over some random guy's opinion on a Forum. thats just my preference. ;) Gamespot's opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yours

Your preference? you should be preferring yourself not some website. I do prefer my opinion than someone on a website. Its so clear that you are a victim of the internets, Gamespot will love you.
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

Jesselinas or whatever your name is, you are too dependant with the Gamespot's score over Forza3

Sure Forza3 is a great game but when you say 9.5>>>>>everything (including last gen) is really not a bright man's call.

You also say Gamespot's reviews are better or have more credibility than someone else review, guess what? gamespot's reviewers are just like us who plays games and gives their own views on a game.

Some website says New Moon is the best movie, do you believe that as well?

Lets get this straight: All Im asking you is to be fair, sure your Forza3 is the best racing game upto date, but lets not cal out GT5 just yet. Put up a fair fight, if GT5 scored low than Forza3, then you can have all the ownage here in SW.

BUT since GT5 isnt out yet, Forza3 is not YET the best racing of this gen.

-ScorpionKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588 -ScorpionKing
Member since 2008 • 433 Posts

@TC

Hell man you were right, forgive me because i was bashing you, forgive me because i didn't believe you at first. But now the review of GT5 on Gamespot is up and yes im really surprised that you were right that GT5 can't out score Forza 3, beside that GT5 is flop so badly it didn't meat the hype. Im hyping GT5 for 9.0 or 9.5 my self. But hell man you were right

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#589 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
@Scorpionking Don't bump old threads!
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Looks like this thread claim got validated.

Though i knew that all along :)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#591 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Old topic is old and now locked.