Forza 5 = 60$ with f2p transactions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for angelsrul_basic
angelsrul_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angelsrul_basic
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts

There's a big thread on the neogaf forums about this. I don't have either next gen console; last gen I had all three and liked the 360 the best because of superior muliplats, most of the time, and halo 3, made by bungie in its prime. Xbox one seems bad for the gaming industry period. Microsoft is showing it's all about the money this gen. Their hardware is weaker and more expensive. They tried to ban used games and back pedaled. Now they appear to be implementing f2p structure on full priced 60$ games. I don't really understand why people are buying the xbox one; they are rewarding Microsoft for degrading gaming in general. I preffered the xbox last gen; but I really hope if fails this gen for the sake of gaming.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@angelsrul_basic: Captain obvious, I salute thee.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

I just honestly don't see how MS selling a product how they want to cant hurt people that does not want to buy there product in the end. I think this day and age where information is widely known I think people know what they want to do and don't need to be told not to support this or that product cause I don't want to.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

9/10

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Forza 5 = with F2P ripoff = Microsoft in 2013. Be ready for juicy microtransactions in Halo 5. Everyone gets the Needler for free and all other multiplayer weapons average from $1 to $7 and to be able to pick up rockets you need to pay $10. greatness awaits!!!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

MS bringing new standards again nasty pile of shit company with their shit brainless lems

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7  Edited By Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

The idiot consumer is the bane of capitalism. People will buy it. MS makes money. Other companies copy it.

One thing I will give MS credit for is accurately judging the stupidity of people--just like Obama. People can't really be that dumb. Oh yes they can.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

And Gran Turismo is doing the same so why just attack MS?!

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

I was on the fence about getting the X1 and was about to pull the trigger since I was extremely hyped for Forza until I read the threads they've got going on Neogaf. In a rare moment of clarity I used the money I got trading in stuff to Gamestop and got a shiny, new ps3 bundle for $100 cash to play all those exclusives. Yes, GT6 is also doing this which also sucks. However, its worse on the X1 since getting to play this game in the first place requires you to shell out almost $600. Purchasing DLC cars just unlocks the cars so that you can then grind or pay real money to get them. Forza has stepped significantly over the line here. You used to be gifted cars in Forza for doing well in races. That feature is now gone.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Forza 5 = with F2P ripoff = Microsoft in 2013. Be ready for juicy microtransactions in Halo 5. Everyone gets the Needler for free and all other multiplayer weapons average from $1 to $7 and to be able to pick up rockets you need to pay $10. greatness awaits!!!

Funny thing is, I can actually see this happening.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Don't just blame MS. Its all those idiots who bought that shit last gen.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

While it's true that Gran Turismo has microtransactions now, it does not have day 1 dlc, and does not have a season car pack that costs almost the same as the whole game brand new.

Forza 4 is pretty similar too though, stupidly expensive dlc; it's optional, but it's not nice dangling them in front of your nose, then telling you you gave to pay £8 just for 2 more cars or similar.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Ive been playing forza for about 4 hours and I can tell you that the game gives you enough credits to buy the best car in each class as you progress.

All this talk is stupid. The option is there for the peeps who don't want to play the game. That's all.

Can I also just say that the game is fabulous, the sound is amazing, the graphics and 60fps is beautiful.

Anyone that is into cars should do themselves a favour and play it because its brilliant.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@Duckyindiana said:

While it's true that Gran Turismo has microtransactions now, it does not have day 1 dlc, and does not have a season car pack that costs almost the same as the whole game brand new.

Forza 4 is pretty similar too though, stupidly expensive dlc; it's optional, but it's not nice dangling them in front of your nose, then telling you you gave to pay £8 just for 2 more cars or similar.

How is that any different really, the point is no one should be trying to slap money behind what is supposed to be a full experience

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Duckyindiana said:

How is that any different really, the point is no one should be trying to slap money behind what is supposed to be a full experience

From a micro transactions POV, it's no different. But both games are generous enough with game winnings that you will only need micro-transactions if you suck at the game (something EA introduced with BF Bad Company 2 I believe).

From a DLC perspective, and general milking though...

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

LMFAO at the morons who defend this BS.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@clyde46 said:

lol, don't blame MS?

Microsoft forcing fees? Marketplace Phil. 101 with Epic and Microsoft

Sweeney and Mark Rein from Epic Games (

Gears of War

Unreal Tournament

) sat down and talked about Xbox Live Marketplace and a host of other topics. But the quote that stuck in people's heads was when Tim Sweeney implied Epic would like to give Gears of War maps away for free on Xbox Marketplace (like they did the original maps), but Microsoft won't let them.

Sweeney said, "We already released two [maps] and we have four more maps that we've built. We've been wanting to give them away for a long time but actually Microsoft has been pushing back on us for that. They're trying to build this business model around selling additional content for games and that's a valid idea, but definitely we would like to release more stuff for free and we haven't been able to do so -- yet. Which is unfortunate, there's a lot of good business reasons for releasing free content for a game."

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/09/microsoft-forcing-fees-marketplace-phil-101-with-epic-and-microsoft/

A lot of consumers are dumb but it's not their fault MS was forcing developers to do this to make it a trend from the begining, this type of thing was exactly what MS wanted.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Evo_nine

@Suppaman100 said:

LMFAO at the morons who defend this BS.

How about you try playing the game.

You will realise you don't need to spend any money. Credits are easy to earn.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Suppaman100

@Evo_nine: Still a rip-off even if you can get those cars,... with credits.

Stop being an apologist.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts

Greed knows no boundaries.

Also: Sheep will eat grass and not question its color, even if it may be red. If you got that, good for you ;)

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

Ah MS... The very same company that forces game pulishers/indies to pay to patch their own games last gen. Remember that.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Evo_nine

@Suppaman100 said:

Stop being an apologist.

So you want gamers to have every car available at once?

Forza is not the only game out there that makes you earn nice things.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Suppaman100

@Evo_nine said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Stop being an apologist.

So you want gamers to have every car available at once?

Forza is not the only game out there that makes you earn nice things.

Lol wot? I didn't say that.

I just think the idea of unlocking cars earlier by paying for them is BS and a total rip-off that destroys the idea of mandatory progression in a game to unlock cars.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clyde46

@casharmy said:

@clyde46 said:

lol, don't blame MS?

Gears of War

Unreal Tournament

) sat down and talked about Xbox Live Marketplace and a host of other topics. But the quote that stuck in people's heads was when Tim Sweeney implied Epic would like to give Gears of War maps away for free on Xbox Marketplace (like they did the original maps), but Microsoft won't let them.

Sweeney said, "We already released two [maps] and we have four more maps that we've built. We've been wanting to give them away for a long time but actually Microsoft has been pushing back on us for that. They're trying to build this business model around selling additional content for games and that's a valid idea, but definitely we would like to release more stuff for free and we haven't been able to do so -- yet. Which is unfortunate, there's a lot of good business reasons for releasing free content for a game."

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/09/microsoft-forcing-fees-marketplace-phil-101-with-epic-and-microsoft/

A lot of consumers are dumb but it's not their fault MS was forcing developers to do this to make it a trend from the begining, this type of thing was exactly what MS wanted.

Here comes to SDF. You need to re-read my post champ. MS is in this business to make money, if they can make money by selling DLC to chumps then thats exactly what they will do. Its business 101, why do you think Apple products sell like hotcakes every year?

Maybe MS was the one that started this but Sony and Nintendo soon followed suit and we are stuck in this cycle because of chumps who continue to buy this DLC crap. Vote with your wallet, complaining about it on a forum is going to do jackshit.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Well it's a console built for Xboneheads.

People with low visual standards (crushed blacks, low res, 2D crowd forza) and Full Retail pricing + F2P and Kinect suckers.

They'll keep sucking on it and they will tolerate this.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@casharmy said:

@clyde46 said:

lol, don't blame MS?

Gears of War

Unreal Tournament

Here comes to SDF. You need to re-read my post champ. MS is in this business to make money, if they can make money by selling DLC to chumps then thats exactly what they will do. Its business 101, why do you think Apple products sell like hotcakes every year?

Maybe MS was the one that started this but Sony and Nintendo soon followed suit and we are stuck in this cycle because of chumps who continue to buy this DLC crap. Vote with your wallet, complaining about it on a forum is going to do jackshit.

Translation:

Clyde46, "MS can do no wrong so leave them alone"

Ok Clyde I won't say anything else about the company you worship.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By clyde46

@casharmy said:

@clyde46 said:

@casharmy said:

@clyde46 said:

lol, don't blame MS?

Gears of War

Unreal Tournament

Translation:

Run out of retorts? Come on Casharmy, you're better than this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

While I dont like thesetype of things it is going to be the norm more and more. Big games now cost tons of money to make yet the price of a game has not gone up in a long time. Movie ticket prices have gone way up in the last decade but games have stayed the same. I think if we want top quality games we are going to have to deal with companies trying to squeeze every penny possible out of us.

I sell medical devices to hospitals. We raise our prices every single year for the same product. Hospitals expect it.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Microsoft are charging lemmings to unlock the full games.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

What I want to know is the truth behind this picture. How come the price of a coin increases with the number bought at once? Shouldn't the opposite be how bulk purchases actually work? Is this edited, perhaps?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5f768591970d3

Turn10 said that pricing is a mistake and will be fixed.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@ankor77:

Or maybe they were testing the waters just to see how dumb Lems really are. I mean you guys did buy Horse Armor after all.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

You dont have to purchase the items to progress.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@casharmy said:

Translation:

Yep he is actually a hypocrite look how he defend that crap from MS,but watch in on other thread when the argument is PC vs PS4 saying how great it to get mods and crap for free on PC as well as getting cheaper games..

Is the reason i call him out he is a lemming in a hermit disguise..hahaha

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Cows seem to forget that GT6 will have microtransactions

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Pretty fucking simple.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forza has a way to earn the included cars without spending money. As people have mentioned it is a choice on our part. Choose not to spend if it bothers you.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

have to pay for those review scores somehow...good god

Mirco transactions, weather and other basic features removed yet it gets a 9

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

all I know is people have abused the word "microtransactions" to the point it doesn't disuade me anymore, like Mass Effect 3 had microtransactions, to get things you could get just by playing the game without spending money, they took advantage of impatient gamers with no self control, same thing with Dead Space 3, you could spend money if you wanted but you could also salvage parts to make weapons just by playing the game

and the other thing people bitch about are games like Battlefield allowing people to purchases guns and stuff which I never bothered with and they complain it gives others an advantage that don't deserve it, I say they're full of shit, I always did good in Battlefield without it, my friends and I would play for hours and hours, and there's multiple advantages to playing it so damn much, for starters you get personal experience with the game learning the maps and strategies and so does your team of friends so you know what to do when a match starts on a certain map and you're on offense or defense, and it kind of goes without saying playing a lot allows you to keep getting experience that allows you to level up, unlock weapon, unlock accessories, develop the various classes... basically a good and committed playing who practices and levels up will best anybody who buys weapons

anyhow, I haven't played Forza but I imagine one can buy and upgrade cars with some kind of earned in game currency, and I bet the option remains for impatient gamers to just buy that currency instead; well shame if people have no self control if that's the case, but I could really care less that the option is there

elipchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By elipchus
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

To me this is all to much. While I see that taking away half the Cars from Forza 4 and making them DLC is for money..The adding in of OPTIONAL tokens, instead of buying cars, with just in game credits is welcome in my book. How bout when my friend comes over. OH I want to play with this car... Well maybe tomorrow??? if I play a lot.... No, just add a simple OPTION for people who don't have the time to grind. Ill give you a few bucks so we can do what we want in this game , right now... IF you do have the time, then play the game and unlock everything... Seems pretty simple

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@elipchus said:

To me this is all to much. While I see that taking away half the Cars from Forza 4 and making them DLC is for money..The adding in of OPTIONAL tokens, instead of buying cars, with just in game credits is welcome in my book. How bout when my friend comes over. OH I want to play with this car... Well maybe tomorrow??? if I play a lot.... No, just add a simple OPTION for people who don't have the time to grind. Ill give you a few bucks so we can do what we want in this game , right now... IF you do have the time, then play the game and unlock everything... Seems pretty simple

I'd agree if some of the stuff wasn't rediculously grindy. Someone worked it out and you could spend nearly 500 hours grinding to unlock some content. If you replaced your job with Forza it'd still take something like 11 weeks i think and that's from grinding the most efficient races constantly and not even considering anything else you might want to do.

Literally the only way some people are going to be able to access some of the cars is to spend more cash. They need to rebalance some of the costs and the rewards for races, it's too much like money whoring atm.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@TheRealBigRich said:

I just honestly don't see how MS selling a product how they want to cant hurt people that does not want to buy there product in the end. I think this day and age where information is widely known I think people know what they want to do and don't need to be told not to support this or that product cause I don't want to.

Agreed. And to add to it, games have always had the hardest most wanted perks (cars, guns, weapons, ect) that forced you to grind the hell out of the game. There is not one single car in Forza that you can't earn by grinding. The micro transactions are for people who want to pay. But you do not need to pay. You can simply choose to not pay. And TC, Sonygaf will always down anything MS related.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@tormentos:

@tormentos said:

@casharmy said:

Translation:

Yep he is actually a hypocrite look how he defend that crap from MS,but watch in on other thread when the argument is PC vs PS4 saying how great it to get mods and crap for free on PC as well as getting cheaper games..

Is the reason i call him out he is a lemming in a hermit disguise..hahaha

So since you're not a hypocrite I can expect to see you complain about GT6 doing the same thing right? Of course not. You calling someone a hypocrite is laughable.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

meh, about 4 years ago i bought a new tiger woods my buddys were playing and i paid the $5 to unlock everything since they had the game for months and had unlocked all the stuff and leveled up their golfers to 100% and i wanted to be competitive with them.

i was playing 4 or 5 other games at the time and simply did not want to have to concentrate on one thing to be able to keep up with them.

i'm not seeing a problem with giving people an option to trade money for time if they want to do it.

it was a huge timesaver for me when i needed to do it.

you take a feature and spin it as a negative because that is just what you do when you have no empathy and cannot put yourself in another persons shoes and see that there may be a reason someone needs to do something a different way than you would do it.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

While vehemently opposed to shenanigans such as these, i understand why they are being done. Launch titles with triple A budgets and virtually no install base are essentially guaranteed to lose money, they are probably hoping to at least recoup some of that cost and lose less money.

That said, I prefer people dont support these microtransactions, because I dont have faith microsoft will cease microtransactions once the install base is big enough to support the budgets if the model proves successful.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

meh, about 4 years ago i bought a new tiger woods my buddys were playing and i paid the $5 to unlock everything since they had the game for months and had unlocked all the stuff and leveled up their golfers to 100% and i wanted to be competitive with them.

i was playing 4 or 5 other games at the time and simply did not want to have to concentrate on one thing to be able to keep up with them.

i'm not seeing a problem with giving people an option to trade money for time if they want to do it.

it was a huge timesaver for me when i needed to do it.

you take a feature and spin it as a negative because that is just what you do when you have no empathy and cannot put yourself in another persons shoes and see that there may be a reason someone needs to do something a different way than you would do it.

My thoughts exactly. Most hardcore Forza fans will grind the hell out of the game anyway. If you don't want it, don't buy it. You;ll have to work hard in the game to get it, buy you can. This is a big load of non-issue. I bought all the DLC for Mass Effect because I loved the game. I didn't buy any for CoD cause I did not like the game. Its that simple.