FORZA 3: The only AAA franchise simulation GT5: Hot girl, no brain, always late

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 QUIKnEZ
Member since 2004 • 1679 Posts

It's true. Ya'll know it.

GT:

- Polyphony does great work, they were the pioneer of simulation racing.

- Make the best looking racers, attention to detail is second-to-none,but physics are horrible

- In the time it takes two AAA Forza games to come out, one GT game hasyet to be release

FORZA:

- Turn 10 is constantly inovating: First to havedamage, online play, full blowncustomization, Ferrari, Porsche

- Customizationand onlinefunction/playare the best in the World, no question

- Physics and gameplaycome first, looks come second, looks are still amazing

- If Turn 10 had 3 years to develop Forza 3, it would look at least as good as GT5

Sorry GT fanboys, the truth hurts, if you're scared go to Church... FORZA is better than GT

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
So you are saying GT = Big boobed girls but the breasts bounces weirdly and Forza = paintable breasts that bounces according to RL physics? Quick, we need Tecmo to fix the physics
QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 QUIKnEZ
excellent point.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I think Turn 10 is a better dev than PD. They're like a PC dev in a console dev body by the way they support their fanbase and consistently release content to their community.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

Both devs are excellent, though Turn 10 has been consistently ahead since Forza II in my books. It could change this time around if GT5 turns out to be better, but right now it's a waiting game. Either way both will be amazing.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

- In the time it takes two AAA Forza games to come out, one GT game hasyet to be release

QUIKnEZ

It is most likely going to be three. But this is an apt comparison. GT5 is like one of those "all looks no brains" kind of women. Really pretty on the outside but isn't really an interesting person to talk to or be with. While Forza, despite not being the best looking women out there, really knows how to have a fun time, make for interesting conversation and is just a great person.

EDIT: Of course, there is people out there who want to be with dumb, pretty women. They don't care much for interesting conversation and what not, they just want a nice piece of arm candy... and GT5 delivers what they want. But then again, not everyone out there just wants arm candy, they want someone to talk to and keep the conversation going.

mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

- Make the best looking racers, attention to detail is second-to-none,but physics are horrible

hopefully GT5 will attend to that.

the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts

[QUOTE="QUIKnEZ"]

foxhound_fox

It is most likely going to be three. But this is an apt comparison. GT5 is like one of those "all looks no brains" kind of women. Really pretty on the outside but isn't really an interesting person to talk to or be with. While Forza, despite not being the best looking women out there, really knows how to have a fun time, make for interesting conversation and is just a great person.

nice point of view

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Immediately stopping when you hit grass is good physics??

The physics in Forza are a bit off.

I do think Forza 3 will be incredible. No doubt.

Really making me want to go buy another 360.. But come on

GT is better. There's few things that are better about Forza.

the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts

Immediately stopping when you hit grass is good physics??

The physics in Forza are a bit off.

I do think Forza 3 will be incredible. No doubt.

Really making me want to go buy another 360.. But come on

GT is better. There's few things that are better about Forza.

good_sk8er7
its making you want to buy "another" 360 for this game? lol o-o.
Irve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 Irve
Member since 2005 • 1147 Posts

GT peaked at GT2 on PSone and has only gone backwards since then in everything but graphics

Forza has been excellent from the Xbox right through to the 360 .. hopefully 3 will be the best yet.

But i bet GT5 will sell more ... and once again proof that quality doesn't = sales

V4SKUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 V4SKUNK
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

The attention to detail in Forza is leagues ahead of what GT has done and is going to do.

GT might have better graphics and more cars, but that is all...

For a start Forza2 saves every single skidmark that is produced on and off the race track, these skid marks do not vanish and are forever present in game. Its all the little details like this which makes Forza the better game. Forza3 is also a vast improvement over Forza2...

At this moment in time GT:5 has not even exceeded the features and physics of Forza2....

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts

I think Turn 10 is a better dev than PD. They're like a PC dev in a console dev body by the way they support their fanbase and consistently release content to their community.

Blue-Sky
^This. I believe T10 pays more attention to their fans than PD especially regarding the things people want in the game
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

93soccer
^This. I believe T10 pays more attention to their fans than PD especially regarding the things people want in the game

I don't know if I agree both are very good to their communities. Polyphony has had several nice updates to even Prologue since it released.
asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

- If Turn 10 had 3 years to develop Forza 3, it would look at least as good as GT5

QUIKnEZ

This has to be one of the worst excuses out there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 2005-2009 is 4 years. Unless you think Turn 10 threw everything away and started from scratch after Forza 2.:roll:

And aparently, you also hold the misstaken belief that physics=crashing. You know both these games use physics for acceleration, turning and slowing, right? These are things that should happen more often in a race and should be a higher priority (and are).

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Although I agree that Forza is better than GT, some of your reasonings are horrid. Physics = collisions?!? Really?

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts

Excellent Post OP. It's definitely true.

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts

So we go from comparing GT 5 to reality to comparing both games to women.

F***in' love System Wars.

Blixxed
Then we combine them, and "GT5 looks better than real women"
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

I don't know if I agree both are very good to their communities. Polyphony has had several nice updates to even Prologue since it released.

I'm sorry, but T10 > PD when it comes to the community. On launch we get a free Audi A4 car with a custom zune paintjob, and we get Free DLC day one aswell, so PD may be good devs, but T10 blow them away when it comes to the community.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

So we go from comparing GT 5 to reality to comparing both games to women.

F***in' love System Wars.

salxis

Then we combine them, and "GT5 looks better than real women"

I might have to start getting racing sims. :(

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
It seems to me like GT5 is outdated and playing catchup when it comes to Forza 3
PS3_CowBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PS3_CowBoy
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

I'll take the hott girl. ;)

PS_Trizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PS_Trizzle
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

GT:

FORZA:

- Turn 10 is constantly inovating: First to havedamage, online play, full blowncustomization, Ferrari, Porsche

Sorry GT fanboys, the truth hurts, if you're scared go to Church... FORZA is better than GT

QUIKnEZ
You may be right. I look forward to Gamespots take on this game to really cement its AAA status.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

I hope you know that Forza 3 has a lot of things about it that appear to be direct copying of GT Prologue. Notice Forza 2 was much different.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Your title is the worst analogy I've ever seen on System Wars, mainly because it's not even complete and thus makes no sense...what if Forza is a quadriplegic leper with no face?
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="93soccer"] ^This. I believe T10 pays more attention to their fans than PD especially regarding the things people want in the gameaero250

I'm sorry, but T10 > PD when it comes to the community. On launch we get a free Audi A4 car with a custom zune paintjob, and we get Free DLC day one aswell, so PD may be good devs, but T10 blow them away when it comes to the community.

Honestly, why not just put the DLC on the game? Atleast put it on disc 2. Seriously, not everyone has a HDD, but less people are likely to have online.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
lets just wait till both final versions are out
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

GT:

FORZA:

QUIKnEZ

And for some amazing act of coincidence on an episode of Top Gear the guy drove a Honda 20 seconds faster in GT4 then in real life, all because of the fact that he didnt care about his car or his life in the game, and said that the cars are translated into the game with extreme precision...

The Gran Turismo series has been modeled on a realistic racing experience. 500 to 700 parameters define the driving characteristics of the car physics model.
According to the developers, a professional driver was invited to set times using the same car on the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit, and the GT4 lap times were within 2% of the real life equivalent.

Jeremy Clarkson, host of the Top Gear television program, performed a head-to-head test of real life versus GT4 on an episode of the program. He ran Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in real life in an Honda NSX for a lap time of 1:57. His GT4 lap time was 1:41:148.

Clarkson also had to be shown by a race driving instructor where the line was between the game and reality. He pointed out that adjusting one's braking mid-turn in a real car could cause loss of control, and also mentioned that in the game, he is compelled to take bigger risks than he would in real life, and that in the game, the car did not suffer from brake fade.

Despite the apparent discrepancies, in a column for The Sunday Times, Clarkson had this to say about GT4:

" I called Sony and asked it to send me a game chip already loaded with the 700 computer cars. And I am in a position to test out its claims because, unlike most people, I really have driven almost all of them in real life.

There are mistakes. The BMW M3 CSL, for instance, brakes much better on the road than it does on the screen. And there's no way a Peugeot 106 could outdrag a Fiat Punto off the line. But other than this, I'm struggling: they've even managed to accurately reflect the differences between a Mercedes SL 600 and the Mercedes SL 55, which is hard enough to do in real life.

There's more, too. If you take a banked curve in the Bentley Le Mans car flat out, you'll be fine. If you back off, even a little bit, you lose the aerodynamic grip and end up spinning.

That's how it is. This game would only be more real if a big spike shot out of the screen and skewered your head every time you crashed. In fact that's the only real drawback: that you can hit the barriers hard without ever damaging you or your car. Maybe they're saving that for GT5. Perhaps it'll be called Death or Glory.

"

Karl Brauer of edmunds.com performed a similar test, also at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, in which he and two others— professional race driver AJ Allmendinger, and IGN "gaming editor extraordinaire" Justin Kaehler— set times in GT4 and real life in a variety of cars. Brauer's best time in a Ford GT in the game was 1:38, and his best time on the real track was 1:52. In the four vehicles the trio tested, none was able to duplicate his game times on the real track.[18][19] Brauer suggested the main differences between the game and reality:

" Which brings up the single biggest difference between reality and virtual reality— consequences. A mistake on Gran Turismo 4 costs me nothing more than a bad lap time. A mistake with a real exotic car on a real racetrack is... a bit more costly.

The other major difference between virtual racing and the real thing is feedback from the car— or an almost total lack thereof. Yes, the force feedback steering wheel does its best to let you know when you're veering off the track, or sliding the rear end, but none of this comes close to the kind of information you get while driving a real vehicle. And in a car like the Ford GT, that's vital information.

Wikipedia

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

You guys really think the physics are that bad? The thing I have always considered bad was the lack of mechanical damage or penalty for crashing in to people. I think the physics are decent.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

The last GT game i loved was the third one and my favourite was easly the second one on PS1. Right now i just prefer Forza series since imo GT gameplay doesnt come even close.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

using your analogy

as far as sims go

forza and GT are like too semi-attractive dumb girls arguing over which one is smarter.

yeah they both may be kinda pretty but theyre both dumb as hell

Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

Ok so you are saying:

VS

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

ill tke the hot girl any day of the week:D

glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

I'll take the hot girl any day. :lol:

Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

I'll take the hot girl any day. :lol:

glenn2709

ill tke the hot girl any day of the week:D

Revolution316

So by the TC logic, GT5 wins :P

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Both Turn10 and Polyphony are great studios, but innovators and pioneers? Turn10 didn't innovate much (altough they are improving their franchise a lot with new new game) and Polyphony is definitly not pioneer of sim genre by any means. Geoff Crammond, Papyrus and ISI....those are pioneers of sim genre, definitly not Polyphony

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Cruis'n USA > Forza Motorsport 3.

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
Girls have brains?
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

I rate the hott girl higher, and she'll get Bigger sales...;)

:lol:

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Polyphony does great work, they were the pioneer of simulation racing.

QUIKnEZ

That sentence hurts me on so many levels. Does no-one remember Geoff Crammond and Papyrus?

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

Both Turn10 and Polyphony are great studios, but innovators and pioneers? Turn10 didn't innovate much (altough they are improving their franchise a lot with new new game) and Polyphony is definitly not pioneer of sim genre by any means. Geoff Crammond, Papyrus and ISI....those are pioneers of sim genre, definitly not Polyphony

AdrianWerner

That sentence hurts me on so many levels. Does no-one remember Geoff Crammond and Papyrus?

UnnDunn

Only to a select few….

To most the definition of a SIM is you cant brake and turn at the same time..But it looks great it!!! It must be a SIM!!!…

It hurts alraight.....It's like saying Bungieare the pioneers of the FPS genre..

QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 QUIKnEZ

Analogies are used to facilitategetinga point across; which was that FORZA 3 is a better more balancedgame (Wifey material), GT5 looks good but will fade quickly once the looks wear off (Teenage GF's).

Maybe I'm speaking from experience, and for ladies in the thread, the analogy can work for males also... but I could not stand most of my unreal hot gf's while I locked down the wife this year and she's got it all. Don't get me wrong, still love to look at beautiful people, but the appeal doesnt last.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
gt5 is a great game, but lack of new stuff.
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

[QUOTE="QUIKnEZ"]

foxhound_fox

EDIT: Of course, there is people out there who want to be with dumb, pretty women. They don't care much for interesting conversation and what not, they just want a nice piece of arm candy... and GT5 delivers what they want. But then again, not everyone out there just wants arm candy, they want someone to talk to and keep the conversation going.

How ironic. Are all Forza 3 fanboys like this?

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

So you are saying GT = Big boobed girls but the breasts bounces weirdly and Forza = paintable breasts that bounces according to RL physics? Quick, we need Tecmo to fix the physicssalxis

LMAO:lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50604 Posts

I'd rather have the hot girl...

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
Right, so GTR2, rFactor, iRacing and GTR Evo aren't AAA simulators? call me when forza is an actual sim...
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts

lol it takes Turn 10 TWO games to match ONE game from Polyphony.

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="93soccer"] ^This. I believe T10 pays more attention to their fans than PD especially regarding the things people want in the gameaero250

Turn 10 >>>. Polyphony when it comes to quality racing in general. Forza 1 and 2 blew away every single GT Game so far.FACT!