Force Unleashed, perhaps copying a last gen game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#1 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
I downloaded The Force Unleashed demo, to see what the big deal was. The gameplay was fine, and I think I might have been impressed by the physics system had I not seen it in another game. Anyone remember Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspirecy? It had a physics system just like the one in Force Unleashed, except it was better. You could better control object when you threw them and it was just better all around. I guess people didn't remember this game, otherwise people wouldn't have made such a guss about Force Unleashed.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Force Unleased is a bad attempt to re-capture the awesomeness that was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. There, I said it.
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
Force Unleased is a bad attempt to re-capture the awesomeness that was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. There, I said it.PBSnipes
agreed, but Im still getting it. And when it comes to SW games the Xbox was unmatchable with outcast, academy, KOTOR 1&2, and Republic Commando
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

I downloaded The Force Unleashed demo, to see what the big deal was. The gameplay was fine, and I think I might have been impressed by the physics system had I not seen it in another game. Anyone remember Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspirecy? It had a physics system just like the one in Force Unleashed, except it was better. You could better control object when you threw them and it was just better all around. I guess people didn't remember this game, otherwise people wouldn't have made such a guss about Force Unleashed.monkeytoes61

I'm so happy that someone, other than myself, remembers the game Psi-Ops. It was such a great game, and I do think that TFU is borrowing some elements from the game. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't so impressed by the force powers in the first place; I have already seen something as such been done before.

AdmiralDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 AdmiralDan
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts
Psi-Ops was a sweet game. The plot was lame, but the combat was awesome, and yeah, SWFU felt eerily similar. Besides the graphics, FU could have come out three years ago.
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
when it comes to SW games the Xbox was unmatchable with outcast, academy, KOTOR 1&2, and Republic Commandounknown37
I played all of those on my PC, they are great games.
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monkeytoes61
There was nothing really wrong with the game, it was just too similar. I wasn't impressed.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts
Everyone knows the power of the force. Psiop must have copied the Star Wars movies. I see a lawsuit coming on....
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Force Unleased is a bad attempt to re-capture the awesomeness that was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. There, I said it.unknown37
agreed, but Im still getting it. And when it comes to SW games the Xbox was unmatchable with outcast, academy, KOTOR 1&2, and Republic Commando

Cant forget Obi-wan.....>.> Loved that game for some reason.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

I've heard of this game, but have not played it myself. Though I must say that Force Unleash has some impressive physics and particle effects. Bending the metal in the way it does, manipulating enemies, breaking objects and all that looks really good.

With that said, throwing around things takes some getting used to...

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

I downloaded The Force Unleashed demo, to see what the big deal was. The gameplay was fine, and I think I might have been impressed by the physics system had I not seen it in another game. Anyone remember Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspirecy? It had a physics system just like the one in Force Unleashed, except it was better. You could better control object when you threw them and it was just better all around. I guess people didn't remember this game, otherwise people wouldn't have made such a guss about Force Unleashed.monkeytoes61

Psi ops did not do physics better. you are thinking about the Telekenesis powers. The Physics in psi ops are nowhere near like the physics in TFU. I don't recall bending metal realistically, breaking woods and other materials realistically, and enemies trying to grab on to one another/other objects to save themselves in Psi ops. Psi ops was an awesome game, but you are being unrealistically harsh on TFU. Especially since you only played a dumbed down 10 minute demo.

If anything Psi ops copied Star Wars because Star Wars came out way before Psi ops was even an Idea.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Force Unleased is a bad attempt to re-capture the awesomeness that was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. There, I said it.PBSnipes
That game was fantastic, so glad I bought it when it came out.

One of the best star wars games - singleplayer and online.

Ever.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Force Unleased is a bad attempt to re-capture the awesomeness that was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. There, I said it.unknown37

ye mate.. how good was republic commando! that game was off the rictor scale!

Testify_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Testify_exe
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts
it's gonna be good if they can make it all as awesome as that first little bit.
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
I STILL havent played this demo, I d/l it the day it came out, keep forgetting to try it I will join the Jedi Outcast love bandwagon though, GREAT game.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Kinda reminds me of Star Wars Episode 3

And btw your Sig rules :D

SonyIsh6Fotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SonyIsh6Fotta
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

I was thinkin the same thing man

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 monkeytoes61

fabz_95
My sig?
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#19 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Everyone knows the power of the force. Psiop must have copied the Star Wars movies. I see a lawsuit coming on....BumFluff122

I'd be more inclined to say PSi-Ops was "borrowing" elements from the Star Wars movies... which kicked off in 1977(ish).

How can the developers be ripping things off a 4 year old game when they are allowing you to do things we saw in the movies 30 years ago?

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#20 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
[QUOTE="fabz_95"]

monkeytoes61

My sig?

Yes :D

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Anyone remember Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspirecy? monkeytoes61
Yes, And I'm really pissed that they didn't make a sequel. Instead they made Stranglehold, which was really terrible.Psy Ops was incredibly fun to play, but it ended in a cliffhanger. I wonder why they never finished it?
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Man, I loved that game! I still dig it out and reinstall it every now and then. It's hilarious listening to the stormtrooper chatter!