For those waiting for an Xbox One 'slim'

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#51 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts
@nyadc said:
@blufalconultra said:

No one is waiting for an Xbox slim though.

Tons of people are, it's half the reason countless people have said they're waiting.

Haha, you're absolutely delusional.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Of course there will be one, it's money in the bag for Microsoft, they will also get a lot of repeat purchases as well.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
@nyadc said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'm more interested in an Xbox One that can stand vertically.

If you don't insert physical media into the console, is there technically any actual reason you can't stand it vertically?

Wow.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'm more interested in an Xbox One that can stand vertically.

If you don't insert physical media into the console, is there technically any actual reason you can't stand it vertically?

Wow.

?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:

Wow.

?

Just amazed at the stupidity of that comment is all.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NyaDC

@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:

Wow.

?

What is stupid about it? What in the **** are you even talking about? Some people have gone entirely digital this generation, I can't think of a technical reason the console cannot stand vertically aside from physical media being inserted.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

Wow.

?

What is stupid about it? What in the **** are you even talking about? Some people have gone entirely digital this generation, I can't think of a technical reason the console cannot stand vertically aside from physical media being inserted.

Lol, digital sales are still very much a minority and I doubt very many have made the full leap yet. If you cannot see the stupidity in your comment then there really is no help for you I'm afraid.

I'll help you out here since I'm a kind guy. The only thing stopping the console from being put vertically is it being used exactly how the vast majority of owners utilise the damn thing. It's as if you're trying to say a problem can be solved if most gamers just ignore most of their game libraries and pay the extortionate prices charged by MS and publishers on XBL. Not really the smartest comment in the world, sure it's true, it's just stupid.

I know you like to make it out as if all of the XO's flaws are irrelevant, but sometimes it's just best not to.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NyaDC

@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

Wow.

?

Lol, digital sales are still very much a minority and I doubt very many have made the full leap yet. If you cannot see the stupidity in your comment then there really is no help for you I'm afraid.

I'll help you out here since I'm a kind guy. The only thing stopping the console from being put vertically is it being used exactly how the vast majority of owners utilise the damn thing. It's as if you're trying to say a problem can be solved if most gamers just ignore most of their game libraries and pay the extortionate prices charged by MS and publishers on XBL. Not really the smartest comment in the world, sure it's true, it's just stupid.

Your comment serves literally zero function, and what I said is most certainly not stupid. I explicit cited the physical media thing in my post, and some people simply have abandoned it.

For those people is there any technical limitation or reason the console cannot be placed vertically? I think it's pretty clear exactly what was being stated... You're just acting like an asshole for no reason.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:

?

Your comment serves literally zero function, and what I said is most certainly not stupid. I explicit cited the physical media thing in my post, and some people simply have abandoned it.

For those people is there any technical limitation or reason the console cannot be placed vertically? I think it's pretty clear exactly what was being stated... You're just acting like an asshole for no reason.

Lol, so you don't see the stupidity in it, guess I can't help everyone.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NyaDC

@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:

With physical media not being a factor, what's stupid about it? You're not rationalizing anything you're saying, you're the one expressing extreme stupidity right now.

If my entire library is digital and I have no interest in the physical medium, what limitation is stopping me from standing the console vertically? Is there one?

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UltimateImp

@soulitane: He knows he's an idiot, and he knows why everyone in this thread thinks he's a gullible and deluded fanboy. What idiot in SW can say "Physical media is not a factor" other than Nyadc?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 NyaDC
@ultimateimp said:

@soulitane: He knows he's an idiot, and he knows why everyone in this thread thinks he's a gullible and deluded fanboy. What idiot in SW can say "Physical media is not a factor" other than Nyadc?

Physical media is not a factor for some people genius....

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

With physical media not being a factor, what's stupid about it? You're not rationalizing anything you're saying, you're the one expressing extreme stupidity right now.

The fact that next to no one has forgone physical media on consoles. Your original comment was quoting someone who complained their XO couldn't be put vertically. You felt the need to state that it could, if you don't use physical media, though chances are that user does use such media, as do 99% (wooh hyperbole(though probably not)) of XO users. The complete lack of users that are able to say they have no physical media is so absolutely minuscule that there is really no point to even stating it, since chances are it doesn't solve his problem or anyone else's and is thus impractical under most circumstances, hence the stupidity of your comment.

Like I said above, you try to make all of the XO's problems out to be non-issues. Perhaps sometimes you should just sit and think to yourself a little bit before posting, it might help.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 NyaDC
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

The fact that next to no one has forgone physical media on consoles. Your original comment was quoting someone who complained their XO couldn't be put vertically. You felt the need to state that it could, if you don't use physical media, though chances are that user does use such media, as do 99% (wooh hyperbole(though probably not)) of XO users. The complete lack of users that are able to say they have no physical media is so absolutely minuscule that there is really no point to even stating it, since chances are it doesn't solve his problem or anyone else's and is thus impractical under most circumstances, hence the stupidity of your comment.

Let's find out.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 soulitane

@ultimateimp said:

Sadly, I don't think he's aware of it, either that or he's getting paid to do all of this. Personally I hope he gets paid.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NyaDC

@soulitane said:
@ultimateimp said:

Sadly, I don't think he's aware of it, either that or he's getting paid to do all of this. Personally I hope he gets paid.

I didn't say physical media is not a factor like that moron is stating, I said IF it were not, is there any technical limitation...

You clowns ignored that of course and decided to go all psycho with the whole "well not many people have all digital libraries" and blah, blah, blah without actually answering the question, you completely ignored it.

If physical media is not a factor is there any technical limitation stopping the Xbox One from being placed vertically? This is simple, this is a yes or no question, cut the bullshit.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@ultimateimp said:

I didn't say physical media is not a factor like that moron is stating, I said IF it were not, is there any technical limitation...

You clowns ignored that of course and decided to go all psycho with the whole "well not many people have all digital libraries" and blah, blah, blah without actually answering the question, you completely ignored it.

If physical media is not a factor is there any technical limitation stopping the Xbox One from being placed vertically? This is simple, this is a yes or no question, cut the bullshit.

You might want to actually read my posts, it does help if you're trying to argue against someone.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By NyaDC
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@ultimateimp said:

You might want to actually read my posts, it does help if you're trying to argue against someone.

Yes or no you colossal moron, you're still rambling, answer the question, this simple question....

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@ultimateimp said:

Yes or no you colossal moron...

I see reading comprehension really isn't your forte. Lol this is really amusing.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@nyadc: Okay. That doesnt make his word that credible IMO though. Angry Joe interviews a lot of people too and that doesnt necessarily grant him inside knowledge.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NyaDC
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

This is simple, this is a yes or no question, cut the bullshit.

I see reading comprehension really isn't your forte. Lol this is really amusing.

You didn't answer the question and you're continuing to not answer it, I'll state it one more time and give me a simple yes or no.

If physical media is not a factor is there any technical limitation stopping the Xbox One from being placed vertically?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#72 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts
@CountBleck12 said:

This thread has over 60,000 views and it's only been posted today.

wat

Damn, I didn't even notice. Surely it's just another bug.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

You didn't answer the question and you're continuing to not answer it, I'll state it one more time and give me a simple yes or no.

If physical media is not a factor is there any technical limitation stopping the Xbox One from being placed vertically?

Damn you're dense. If you're not getting the hint (which is pretty obvious at this point), read my above posts, I've already answered your question, hence why you have a clear lack of reading skills.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NyaDC

@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

Damn you're dense. If you're not getting the hint (which is pretty obvious at this point), read my above posts, I've already answered your question, hence why you have a clear lack of reading skills.

Yes or no, just answer it.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:

Yes or no, just answer it.

Have fun reading, I really think the practice will do you good.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 UltimateImp

@nyadc said:
@ultimateimp said:

Physical media is not a factor for some people genius....

Just as many as the make believe tons of people waiting for Xbone Slim, lol.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NyaDC
@soulitane said:

My reading comprehension is great, you never directly answered the question, you skirted it, answer it.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

My reading comprehension is great, you never directly answered the question, you skirted it, answer it.

Um yes I did, you just clearly didn't read my posts. Try a little, after a while you'll really get the hang of it.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By NyaDC
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

Um yes I did, you just clearly didn't read my posts. Try a little, after a while you'll really get the hang of it.

Quote the post where you answered me.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@nyadc: @soulitane:

Dudes, calm down. Seriously.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 soulitane

@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

Nah, I prefer to help people, reading will do you good.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 NyaDC

@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:
@nyadc said:
@soulitane said:

Nah, I prefer to help people, reading will do you good.

Because you didn't directly answer it and cannot produce this post that you never made, you skirted the question.

@Desmonic said:

@nyadc: @soulitane:

Dudes, calm down. Seriously.

We're done here anyways, sorry for the disruption.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#83 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@xantufrog said:

I think it is quite likely there will be one

I agree with Froggy here!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So TC is just jumping from one fail to another, even going as far as making a response thread. Good stuff

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By UltimateImp

@soulitane: You made him make 5 posts DEMANDING an answer like a petulant child. Good job, very well done. That was highly amusing.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

TC trying to sell any possible holdouts on buying the xbone now rofl. I hope m$ pays you for this because you put in a lot of work for them.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

no one wants the Xbox one, a slightly skinnier one isnt gonna get people to shell out $350 for a system with no compelling exclusives.

dante1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dante1972
Member since 2004 • 934 Posts

Hahahaha. There are like a dozen people waiting for a slim. Microsoft engineering can't pull it off because of fear of another RROD yet the power log is located outside the machine and the PS4 is already "slim". Superior engineering by Sony. Shit by M$. Guess that's why Sony just broke 30 million sales with Xbox at like half. Hahahaha.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: That is true the only places. But there is on the left side near the blu-ray player. Overall though the Xbox one isn't that badly designed.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

I'm waiting for MS to sell the Xbox division to Sega.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@nyadc said:

Don't waste your time, it's probably not going to come and you should just get the normal console. Microsoft currently has no plans to create one out of what appears to be fear of another RRoD episode, they are more concerned with functionality and proper engineering rather than aesthetics.

It doesn't sound like it's any form of a priority for them.

Dude who in hell is waiting for a xbox slim now.? The xbox 360 slim arrived in 2010 5 years after launch,the original didn't get a slim at all,so if the xbox one get a slim it will be a few years down the line like the 360 so i am sure they will not say anything about the slim and send a bad signal out there and make the xbox one sell even less.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#92 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Lol 66k views already, Xbox is such a hot topic these days. Anyways, I have no clue either way, but if I was a betting man I wouldn't bet a slim XOne is coming anytime soon. They recently released new hardware (Elite controller and console) and I would think they will take a little break on that front for now.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

So what are people arguing about? What are the motives behind this?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

The reason they make a slim is not for "fans" or because they think there are actually people that wait specifically for a slim model, they make it to save costs!!! Once the chipsets themselves get smaller, and generate less heat, they can save a ton of money by shrinking the box.

Now it isn't "free" to redesign the console. There is R&D involved, so honestly the only reason they wouldn't is if they were worried future sales couldn't justify investment a new model. But if they are interested in a turn around (i.e. not giving up on it like Wii-U), a slim model almost certainly makes sense.

They redesigned the 360 TWICE. You don't think they will revise the behemoth XB1 box at least once? LOL. Sony will also almost surely do a PS4 redesign at some point, and I'm sure that Microsoft will have to respond in kind. It's probably already been prototyped many times even if it won't actually come out for another couple years.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#95  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I would almost put money on the fact that a Slim will be announced at next year's E3. If not it will be here by Holiday 2017. Ms won't announce it until it is ready to go on sale. Unlike Sony they don't usually announce things years in advance. There is no way in hell MS will go 6+ years with this one Xbone design.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@eNT1TY: lol. Thats what this thread should be tittled. Micsofts desperation is starting to rub off on loyal fans lol. Be glad you pefered exclused are coming out and call it a gen.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50619 Posts

Lol, this is the "proof." If even MS said that, I wouldn't believe them and neither should any of you. Would be pretty stupid to announce a slim version long before it comes out.

Side note: Anyone with a Harmony remote having issues with using netflix on X1 since the update?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

The fact that this thread has over 67k views shows people are searching for news about a slim. Which means, people are interested in a slim version.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50619 Posts

@nyadc: He answered your question at the end of the second paragraph on comment 57. It just follows a lot of....stuff.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56282 Posts

Okay, since when the hell this whole 60k views became a thing now in SW? What if some of those are just lurkers?