Fire Emblem Three Houses is what Persona 5 should have been.

#1 Posted by briguyb13 (3116 posts) -

Better, deeper, more interesting characters. Better character growth. Better customization. Better gameplay. Better stories.

Best of all: the characters don't complain about "the big bad adults" all day long.

Discuss.

#2 Posted by pyro1245 (5128 posts) -

I really need to scoop up Fire Emblem.

#3 Posted by jaydan (2386 posts) -

I have not play Fired Emblem yet, but GTFO about Persona 5. It's one of the best JRPG's this generation.

#4 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

Pfft, better story and characters.

FE doesn't even beat Valkyria Chronicles.

#5 Posted by briguyb13 (3116 posts) -

@jaydan said:

I have not play Fired Emblem yet, but GTFO about Persona 5. It's one of the best JRPG's this generation.

I got the plat for that game and spent something like 200 hours playing it, and I think both P4G and P3FES are much better Persona titles.

P5 isn't a bad game per se, but it just lacked something imo. Hopefully they fix a lot of the problems with P5R. Like removing all that homophobic content, for instance. It's so bad.

#6 Posted by Fedor (5261 posts) -

I disagree, FE is great but it's story and characters certainly do not match up to P5. P5 also has a far superior soundtrack imo.

#7 Edited by jaydan (2386 posts) -

@briguyb13 said:
@jaydan said:

I got the plat for that game and spent something like 200 hours playing it, and I think both P4G and P3FES are much better Persona titles.

P5 isn't a bad game per se, but it just lacked something imo. Hopefully they fix a lot of the problems with P5R. Like removing all that homophobic content, for instance. It's so bad.

This is just a clickbait thread. You know it's one of the best JRPG's this gen, so you have to downplay it. It's very possible both games are good and neither of them negate each other's goodness.

#8 Posted by XVision84 (16284 posts) -

I've been playing it, it's really good!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#9 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24345 posts) -

Discuss what exactly?

#10 Posted by jg4xchamp (61678 posts) -

Not the same type of game. I don't disagree, as SRPGs are universally better than jrpgs, but it's not the same type of game. The growing your characters is just as tedious as Persona, and a downgrade from previous fire emblem games. The characters n story are pretty bad tho.

#11 Posted by sakaiXx (5878 posts) -

Its what *tales of heroes should have been.

#12 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8645 posts) -

No.

#13 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2469 posts) -

Nah fam. Persona 5 and the Persona series as a whole (Since Persona 3)already got it's critical acclaim. Fire Emblem: 3 Houses is merely playing catch up lol

#14 Posted by DoomNukem3D (359 posts) -

I imagine Three houses is more fun than P5 simply because of srpg gameplay. I doubt three houses holds a candle to Seisen no keifu.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#15 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1616 posts) -

I'm totally bored of Persona 5 because to me the story is way too weird so that's why I much more prefer Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Also I would prefer Fire Emblem Warriors over Persona 5 Scramble.

#16 Posted by KungfuKitten (26731 posts) -
@pyro1245 said:

I really need to scoop up Fire Emblem.

Me too >__< I barely touched Super Mario Maker 2 even... And I planned to dive deep into that. The Switch is releasing so many good games now! I thought I'd try it in a week or two, but then we're getting (Control on PC august 27th,) Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina and Link's Awakening in a month period that I all planned on playing.